Fan Fictions

ArHi FF! The Cult [Completed] - Page 68

Peda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi RB

Another riveting chapter...with the all important question WHO IS KUSHI REALLY?

I wonder if in hypothesizing will the ACPs remember that they approached Kushi first?

Thanks so much for updating this.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
New OS Posted:

The Other shoulder

- RB
shijinareneesh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Khushi,seems more mysterious after eaxh update... N Arnav asked the right question ,did anyone knw who Khushi is???
RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Chapter 19:

"It's one month since my husband died and your department hasn't done anything. It isn't as if I expected anything more from your department but your persistence gave me a different perception. I guess I was wrong." Anger laces each and every syllable but calmness reigns around us as Mrs. Vimal Sharma elegantly sips a glass of water once finished.

"We are doing everything we can." I reply blandly. She raises an eyebrow at that and scoffs openly. Next to me Shukla stiffens and Keith looks openly hostile. Deshmukh stands in shadows observing the woman. Deshmukh generally doesn't trust people. And a woman of Mrs. Sharma's stature would never make his list of trusted people.

"Are you really?" She drawls. "You haven't caught the murderer or you have any clue about the motive behind his death. The only person, who could've helped - Helen, is also dead and you don't know who killed her either."

Surprisingly it isn't Keith but Shukla whose patience dies first. "We run into brick walls when we deal with high profile men who dab their little toes into pool of political bullshit and his family refuses to come forward with information and when we try to get information, they act like someone is pulling their teeth without anesthesia. So forgive us for overworking ourselves in trying to solve this case."

Mrs. Sharma merely raises a perfectly shaped eyebrow. "I gave you my full co-operation inspector."

"There is more than just you in the family Mrs. Sharma and it isn't as if you were entirely truthful either," Keith badgers on.

I am not one for harassing victim's family but Mrs. Sharma is practically inviting herself. Moral standards dictate I should intervene and apologize for brazen behavior but at this point, I don't give a f**k. Mrs. Sharma knows exactly what she is playing at and she is being supremely unfair to hardworking police officers. She can't deal with the shit storm that has hit her family so she goes and antagonizes the only people who are telling her the truth and are trying to find the truth.

"I've been nothing but truthful inspector. I've-"

"Why didn't tell us about your husband's association with Baba, the second victim?" Deshmukh interjected for the first time.

Everyone including Mrs. Sharma was taken aback.

"I am sorry sir ji, I found out about this piece of info only minutes before I walked into this meeting." Deshmukh offers me an explanation. I nod my head in affirmation to continue.  "Baba and Vimal Sharma met frequently in the company of ex-minister of external affairs. Sometimes Helen accompanied your husband and sometimes you did."

Shukla smiles wanly at the woman, humor absent and annoyance persistent. Mrs. Sharma doesn't look apologetic.

"I never denied meeting the man inspector. You asked me a question if I knew who Baba was and I said I didn't because I don't. I met him few times - I'll give you that given how my husband and Baba were promoting the same party but that doesn't mean I know him." She air quotes "know" for Deshmukh's benefit and all ours. It only annoys our men further.

"We can sit here and argue back and forth on the semantics involved during your interview or I could accidentally speak to a reporter and mention that the only thing the three victims have in common is you." Deshmukh air quotes "you" as if he is mocking her. I am not sure what runs in his head but whatever he has said is completely true.

Mrs. Sharma narrows her eyes and stands up, her cotton sari rustling around her. "Let me know if you make any progress." She throws the words over her shoulder and walks out of my room in a huff.

"I am sorry sir ji, I didn't mean to spring on you that way," Deshmukh hesitates.

"I don't like being blind sighted by my own men Deshmukh. It puts me in a corner where I have no defense left. Don't do it again." My voice lacks the conviction and is monotonous. Deshmukh will repeat the same thing again if it means putting people like Mrs. Sharma in her place. "But she is right, you know? It is one month and we have four victims, less than likely leads and no suspects."

"How does Baba know Mrs. Sharma?" Shukla asks.

"Like I said before, they have met few times during party meetings and such. Sources inside the party say that they were all good friends and were planning on something...huge."

"What do you mean?" Keith asks.

Deshmukh sighs and comes out of the corner and sits on the chair Mrs. Sharma vacated. "The party is new and is made up lot of disgruntled and discarded politicians from larger parties. You have to understand the political scenario in the state is quaky and the people here are fed up with both - the ruling and the opposition parties because of the shared history. Add to that the scandals, the growing crime rate and the way these people have exhibited themselves during times of crisis is appalling."

"He is giving a sermon," Keith groans causing Shukla to glare at him.

"SKP's agenda originates from failure of both the parties and since its members is made up of politicians from both sides, they are fairly much stronger than everyone thinks. To that add corporate bigwigs, ex-gangster, old school retired politicians - you've got a dynamic mix. Vimal Sharma wasn't in the party just for boosting diamond sales. It was something much bigger." Deshmukh continues as if Keith hadn't interrupted.

"But politics is one thing Deshmukh and ritualistic killing is totally different thing. It can be a disgruntled person in the party or an old employee who is doing this." Shukla argues.

Deshmukh may be on to something. "If we do consider the victims do have something in common other than being in the same party, then what Deshmukh is saying is something to investigate."

"If they were working on something together which some people didn't like, then we need to find someone in the party who will give us some insight." Shukla explores the thought.  "I'll see if I can find someone."

"As will I," Keith adds.

"Where are we on Khushi's case?"

Everyone looks anywhere but at me. I cannot blame them. I have been pushing this case personally and like everything that has been going around and leaving us feeling dumb and useless her case is well within similar lines.

"Nowhere. Arjun gave us a rough sketch of the intruder based on his skeletal structure and we came up with zilch. Either the sketch is really far too off being totally imaginary or the man doesn't exist." Keith explains.

"Both are wrong." My answer is immediate. Keith lets out a disgruntled sound.

I dismiss them asking them to look further. There are other cases that need attention and follow up which is exactly what we are going to do now. Maybe we lay low for couple of days on this case and come back later with a fresh perspective. Maybe we can get lucky then.

I kill next five hours answering telephone, responding to a newspaper and attending court. It's one of the days when I end up giving administrative duties more attention than the serving people one but for a change, I am not complaining. It almost feels normal and my head starts to clear up.

I find Shyam waiting for me in my cabin when I get back and it's a pleasant surprise. He is rarely the visiting type and if he has forgone his reservations about meeting me here, he doesn't show.

"Is everything alright?" I ask, worry marring my forehead.

"I heard Khushi was attacked." He replies after a heartbeat. The statement oddly constricts my heart and I feel irritated.  "It came up in conversation today during lunch with Anjali. You told her about that, I guess."

"What about it?" I try to maintain familial tone with him but I am beginning to fail in that. Its in moments like these Khushi's close association with my own family throws back in my face.

"Is she okay?" He is worried, I can tell.

"You can always call and ask her." I blurt bitchily. Even to my own ears it sounds catty and petulant. Shyam sighs but doesn't say anything. "This is what she did to the guy who attacked her," I throw a photo in front of him and take perverse pleasure when he winces. "This is the compound sketch of him Arjun developed. The face was so badly mutilated that it is impossible to ID him."

"Are you sure it is this guy?" Shyam is surprised.

"Khushi corroborated and identified him as her assailant." I reply tonelessly.

"That's not possible..." Shyam trails and is now genuinely shocked. I wait for him to continue. "Khushi and this guy, Ranvir used to be best friends."

"Are you sure?" I insist.

"I am positive Arnav. This is Ranvir, Khushi's closest friend from the community." Shyam replies. "Why didn't Khushi tell you that?" Shyam is confused.

"Honestly I have no idea." I reply with a wry smile.

vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Me!
~Edit~

One moment this thing is going in circles, and the next minute it gets a exponentially more complex. You've got a cult, politics, crime, and a past that no one knows about. Khushi is still lying. Why? What drives her actions? What is she up to?

RB, update sooner next time. I am super-curious! 
Edited by vgedin - 10 years ago
Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Chakravuyha that word sprang to mind on reading this update...the formation of this labyrinthine mystery leaves everyone clueless No one speaks the truth and the search for it is endless. Brick walls are encountered, emotions run high as it there for everyone to see. Khushi is more than a victim for Arnav as everyone associated with him can see.

Politics and religion/rituals are strange bed fellows; we have seen and heard enough of about the things Politicians to meet their goal.

The question remains, who is Khushi? What is she up to?

Edited by Kalyaani - 10 years ago
aysh05 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
RB!!!! Reswa

Edit: so I went back & started from the beginning... I think I will have a serious case of goose bumps till the next update... So have mercy. Normally I don't make plot requests as I believe that it is the author's prerogative, but I would like to see Khushi's view point somehow.Edited by aysh05 - 10 years ago
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Oh god! Is anyone around here telling a modicum of truth???! Khushi kills her best friend in the Community...was he bought over to the 'fake cult' or are the community getting their own back for her leaving?
What were the victims planning that was so huge it deserved dying that way??
pearl.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Khushi knows much more than she lets on...she has had this mysterious air around her from the moment she has made her entry...The way u have been building up this whole story with all the mystery surrounding it is truly brilliant..u r one hell of a talented writer...Waiting to read more...Please update soon..Take care.
atulg thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
oh RB!!! My head is spinning with everything that you throw at us :)
the story is getting more and more complicated...