shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Navin's new act
Monday, January 08, 2007  19:38 IST

Fellow comedian Sunil Pal once said of Navin Prabhakar, "Navin ne 'Pehchaan kaun?' bolkar apni pehchaan bana li!"

A year and a half later of winning the runner-up trophy on 'The Great Indian Laughter Challenge' ('TGILC') show, Navin is still basking in the glory of his bar girl spoof.

Navin has also signed as many as four films, out of which he plays the lead in three. But not much has been heard about those films. "I have the advance of all the films in my pocket. Now I don't know what's happening with the films." he laughs.

"Actually, my co-artistes Ehsan Qureshi and Raju Shrivastav and I are busy with shows. Mostly, films need us to be away for three to four months together, which we cannot afford to because of our shows. The producers and directors have been very cooperative," he adds.

Other than his four films— 'Dum Dum Diga Diga', 'Dekho Mil Gaya', 'Pehchaan Kaun?' and an untitled film, Navin cannot contain his excitement about a new feat—the album that he is cutting.

"It's a pop album, which is not titled yet. It will release sometime this month or during the next," he informs.

Navin has had training under Guru Bhavdeep Jaipurwale. Though he has had no time to rehearse for the last two years, he is taking it seriously now.

"I rehearse every night for two to three hours." he smiles.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1073370

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nightangel thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
woo..pahechan kaun....star rocks.. 😳