Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvpal007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: vgedin

Awesome. 

Brilliant. If IPK hadn't become a joke half way through, this would be their story in two lines. Your ID should be BarbieRocks :) 

I second this😃

StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for writing that. Like I had said, this scene, illogical and badly executed as it was, still had that special something which was begging for a rescue.  Yes it must have been a difficult one to write, but you pulled it off splendidly. :)

A and K's inability to communicate with each other had always been their biggest problem, and you got that spot-on. They are so quick to jump to conclusions about each other, it was frustrating for the viewers. here you have taken and used it so beautifully to portray the confusion and distress in Arnav. His words are so carelessly cruel, and yet, the "you made my life hell" is almost ironic. Arnav is in love with this hell, cannot do without it.

And that last line, 'tis was a masterstroke. Together in madness, truly. Fantastico.👏

CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
The rawness of Arnav's hurt and how Khushi's indifference lashed him were very well captured RB!
It really is such a pity that the show couldn't quite lead a confrontation to its logical conclusion without losing consistency half way.
A_BA thumbnail
One of the biggest issues Arnav and Khushi had was their pride and ego that didn't allow them to open up. They tried to hide behind their anger or their indifference, instead of getting to the point. It was so frustrating, but like you said, their madness kept them together. Really loving the way you are describing all their emotions at these key points!
atulg thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Oh my RB!!! Me really late in discovering this fabulous thread...well..better late than never😊
You are "ANGST QUEEN" - beyound doubt!! Absolutely loved all the vignettes
If you are still taking reccommendations, then -
This is before Arnav - Khushi contract marriage. Arnav-Lav engagement date is fixed and Arnav demands that Khushi helps them out with all the prep. They go clothes shopping and in the evening when Arnav sees Lav dressed in an attire similar to Khushi's he totally loses it. He was already worked out after their confrontation in the boutique (tip scene). After that Khushi comes to his room to try and sort things out...
I somehow found this scene really touching...not sure if you wanted scenes only after their marriage...

Take care
Preethi
Raila1014 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
His starved brain constantly seeked her, he had to blame someone for everything that is wrong and Kushi was always that someone.  But I think what irked him more was when she did not respond but simply absorp it.  a. I think it angered him because she was basically proving she is stronger and did not have to stoop to his level and b. he wanted her to fight back as he did not want to see her taking it all in by herself (remember he said she can't do it all by herself).  I think like you said their madness was what they were, it defined them and it helped them too.  It is kind of funny because he is all action and she is all emotion.  She expected better from him for thinking this  lowly of her and he wanted her to fight and take away the thought that was in his head.  If he had spoken to her about the terrace, then she would have reacted but he never did.  I loved this dichotomy between these 2, it is what made them special.  
RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
7. Through rose tinted glass

It was uncanny how his gut screamed out loud at him to turn around and respond to the wind that brought him the message she had uttered in hoarse whisper. And there she was, standing on the other side of security check, tears in her eyes and looking expectantly at him with urgency written all over.

He forgot to breathe for a moment. These things didn't happen to people, did they? The way he knew she was there and turned around to actually find her there. It wasn't logical and it wasn't even dj vu which made him turn around. It was as if he knew for certainty that she was going to be there. His breathing became labored watching her hit the glass separator and calling out to him. He couldn't hear her, really, because of the din of the airport around him but he could make out what she wanted to say.

She wanted to talk.

He wanted to punch something senseless till his hands were tainted in blood. Now, she wanted to talk. After everything that had come to be, she wanted to offer him an explanation to his accusations. She tried reasoning, of course, but he needed proof. He could remember her face when he demanded proof for her side of the argument. She had looked stung and appalled that he had mentioned such a notion. It had surprised him that she didn't think her side of the story warrant any proof. She had expected him to believe it at its face value. He still couldn't understand why. It wasn't as if she trusted him with his words so why should she expect the opposite from him?

He turned away from her, quickly, giving a whiplash. He closed his eyes and counted to ten in his head. Unfortunately it was Khushi who occupied his mind laughing at him after successfully irritating him. The face was hard to wipe out from his mind and he desperately clung to that particular memory where there was no Shyam, no contracts involved in marriage, no confusion, no misunderstandings and more over…her smile was that of happiness, of confidence and reflected a healthy familial relationship. The image of her behind him was devoid of everything he once knew her to be. It was desperate, anguished, tearful, hurt and jaded suffering; everything he brought on her and was probably the reason to.  

It was strange how his feet seems rooted on spot and refused to move away as if they were heading to her words rather than his. He urged his feet to move, move away from her towards his destination when his phone buzzed.

It was her, of course.

It was her asking him to give her minutes to hear her explanation. She begged him to come out and talk to her but he cut her call the moment she mentioned "Shyam". Unpleasant memories bombarded his mind and his phone rang, again, before he could recover from the memory onslaught. Sighing, he rejected the call seeing the name – Khushi.

He debated for a moment. There was still sometime left for the last boarding call and he could pull some strings and get out of the airport after checking in the baggage. Maybe she did have answers. Maybe she did have proof. Her timing was wrong, but no one could predict these things, could they? He rubbed his forehead contemplating his next course of action when he turned around and saw her slowly dragging the feet with slumped shoulders away from the glass separator. Even when he gushed out severest of the insults, she hadn't looked this defeated, this…hopeless.

He closed his eyes for a moment and placed a call to someone who could help him out in this situation.

He found her standing few feet away from the entrance wriggling her hands and shuffling her feet. It almost made him smile when he knew the look – she was still thinking of ways to stop him and talk to him. He convinced himself that he was doing this to stop her from doing something totally stupid or totally illegal. He wouldn't put past her for taking up extreme measures to get what she wanted. He hadn't seen this streak in her for a very long time.

The relief that ran on her face when her eyes met his cooled his burning heart. Tears sprung in her eyes blatantly showing her hope. He softened at that and gave her an ultimatum - ten minutes; ten minutes to get the person who supposedly had proof of her innocence, ten minutes till the last boarding call.

He gave her all the time he could afford to her at that moment.

He looked at her as she made a call to someone who was supposed to meet here there reminding them of their urgency. She gave him a half smile after hanging up telling him that the said person was on their way. He maintained his face neutral but knew that his eyes betrayed every feeling, every emotion that was running through his blood.

She took a step back when someone bumped her as the crowd towards airport entrance increased as the boarding time neared. He watched her stumble back towards the railing when she couldn't hold her feet on the ground as people hoarded around them. Damning it all to hell, he plunged forward and put his arms around her holding the railing and caging her with his body. He argued internally that this wasn't an act of romanticism. The urge to protect her had beaten every one of his defenses and reacted in sheer urgency. Only when she sighed in relief, the tightness with which his body had wound itself to, released. He held her there in his protective embrace, the noise of the crowd surrounding them reducing to a distant hum.

And then he reminded her that she had only three minutes left.

The spell was broken like every other time in the past unable to see to its culmination.

It was as if their moments were designed like delicate snowflakes – easily broken because of harsh cold wind or easily melted by a sliver of warmth.

They found completeness in these half lived moments.

Note: Scene recommended by V323. It was an interesting scene to watch. I will leave Arnav from Waves and Particles to comment on this scene. I think he is best to analyze this one. :-)
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Twiggy! 

~Edit~

Ok, this one was really good. I love how you manage to dissect Arnav's mind with such clarity... every thought crystal clear. It reminds me of what IPK could have been, and what it came to be. The show had potential, if only they had explored the characters in some depth. And had something known as a "plot". Arnav, Khushi, Shyam, Payal, Anjali, Aakash.. they all had a lot of potential that was unexplored. Instead they made a circus out of it and Khushi was chosen to be the clown. Damn. 

It was as if their moments were designed like delicate snowflakes – easily broken because of harsh cold wind or easily melted by a sliver of warmth.

They found completeness in these half lived moments.

Lovvvely. I have my favorite lines in each one of your vignettes, these are my picks from this one :) 
Edited by vgedin - 10 years ago
Eccentrica thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
res
Edited:
Every update gives an insight to the Arnav that you portray; this one being the one for whom proof was more essential than the words of Khushi. It reminded me of another scene after his return from the kidnapping wherein outside the door of RM eh still asks Khushi if she has proff to prove Shyam's malevolence to his family members.

Given teh way you had unfolded the Arnav in this one, I would have been surprised if he hadn't mentioned the time left with her immediately after protecting her from the crowd.

The snowflake simile was brilliant!
Edited by Eccentrica - 10 years ago
avchowdhury thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
thanks Shikha for recommending this ss awesome and fantastic ;