Views

Users

Frequent Posters

littleflaws thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: asmaju

Amazing one Monal.. thanks asma πŸ˜³
This story keeps me glued to it cause the storyline and the way you protray it keeps it unique.. awww thank you. I am really glad I do good enough job and even when I am not a professional knowing that I manage to keep very few of my readers glued to the story really means a lot.
I dont know exactly is it the insecurity of Dhruv or something else  that makes him so worried about the relationship between Anthra and Ishita..
Its amazing how the story truns and friends keep up with each other.. friendship is one of the best bond of love. 
I'm exicted to read how Anthra and Ishita enjoy working together.. You will know a lot more on it πŸ˜ƒ
Jothi sounds like a very beautiful and caring Mom.. That she is πŸ˜Š
Yash and Dhruv  these guys are crazy... Hehe, well they are guys. πŸ˜†

littleflaws thumbnail
Why so very few comments? what happened? where did everyone go?
littleflaws thumbnail
True Love
Chapter 15

"Hey," Ishika greeted as she walked over to the outdoor caf.

Dhruv looked up from his book and smiled, "Hi" he slid his backpack out of the chair next to him. It was very same table where she sat on the first day after all her classes were over and since then this place had become her place. Every day after all the classes are over she would come over as she didn't feel like leaving for home right after. Dhruv had spotted her few times after then and joined her.

Today he was already there which didn't seem normal as he got out of his last lecture after her.

"You got out early? Or walked out early?"

Putting his right index finger on page as a book mark answered, "Neither. I didn't go to class."

"Everything alright?"

Dhruv starred at her amazed. "Yeah, why won't it be?" The morning was long gone, and sun was shining over head, but it was still winter.

Ishika rubbed her palms and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know you just look… a little distracted." She stuttered out the words from both the cold and trying to come up with right words.

Dhruv re-opened his book and said, "Nope everything is fine."

Ishika eyed him few minutes longer. He was handsome, there was no denying. From the first time she saw him he had captured her like an invisible force pulling her towards him. He was always friendly, outgoing, and cheerful. She remembered his laugh, it has been only a week since college started but she had caught him laughing all the time. His laughter turned the cold winter into spring for her. His laughter was undoubtedly his best jewel. He made her laugh every time they were alone aside the fact that she was irritated by him disturbing her while she was reading.

Today it was the reverse, he was the one reading. Not that he didn't read but today he was quiet and looked truly like a sincere student focused on nothing else but studies – even if in reality he was reading a novel that had nothing to do with his classes. Only thing he needed were glasses. She smiled even then he would look just as handsome.

She unzipped her bag and said, "If you say so." After a pause she echoed familiar words, "But if you ever need to, I and my ears both are always here."

Opening her notebook, she tapped her pen on the paper, her mind already running in directions trying to form a sentence.

He gazed at her, her echo was really low but he had heard her. Thanks to the season that made sure no one was out around them. He looked down at the page she was still tapping her pen on and read the upside down words, Education today is nothing but a way to make money in a 'sane' way.

He smiled despite of himself. "Is that your topic for your speech?"

Coming out of her thoughts she nodded, "It will be if I can come up with a good start up point."

"Smart topic."

"Thanks, I wish I could un-smart it, then I would not have to stress my brain for a good start up point."

Dhruv laughed, "A girl who decided her topic in such short period can surely come up with not just a start up point but a really good three minute talk."

Ishika smiled, "Are you saying you don't have your topic yet?"

"That's exactly what I am saying. Did he approve it?"

Ishika looked down and frowned, "No, but who cares. I am still going with this idea so for his sake he better approve it."

Dhruv chuckled, "Brave. I am sure he will. If he doesn't want to then he should have just given every one individual topics that way he would not have to disapprove any."

"That way he would have to spend more than first class-meeting to get to know students and then give them each a topic. It would be more work than just nodding his head yes or no. It would also mean he would have to come up with more things to lecture as second week of the semester would not guarantee him spending time listening to speeches sitting comfortably in his chair."

"Was that you rehearsing you speech? It sounded very good."

"Did it? It would also earn me a failing grade on the very first project not to mention high chances of being kicked out of the lecture for the rest of the semester and my money going to waste."

"That sounded solid too."

Ishika threw her pen at him, "Shut up."

Dhruv laughed and caught the pen before it hit him.

Ishika picked up the warm cup that the waiter had placed while they were talking. Sipping the warm green tea she inhaled the ginger scent mixed with sugar.

Dhruv returned to his book knowing if he continued distracting her she would get annoyed and walk away to find some other peaceful place.

Ishika returned to her mind glad to see him smile and laugh. She might not have altered his dullness for good, whatever was bothering him was still there but at least for a short time to come she had him forget.

Or had she?

Dhruv starred at his book and shook his head mentally. What was he? Jealous of Ishika taking up his place in Antara's life? He felt like an idiot even trying to think of such thing. Over here she was becoming friends with him, giving him joy even in the tiniest moment, how can he judge her friendship towards Antara. If in such short time Ishika was this nice to him then no wonder Antara spent endless hours with her as she had been friend with the girl her whole life.

Mom was right, I even agreed with her then why did I continue feeling distant from Antara. Even scolding himself right now, some where he still felt the pang. Was it really jealousy or something else all together? He was not sure anymore. Antara and he are best friends just the way she and Ishika are. He was starting to like Ishika, he felt more connected to her than anyone else. Not sure why, but he always seemed to say things to her that he would have not said to anyone but Yash and Antara. It was more than their first dance, their first meeting now. It was more than strangers being nice to each other and yet at the same time the very same girl made him doubt his own actions and relationship he shared with other people till date.

How in the world was that possible? You are loosing it Dhruv. You don't even know what exactly it is that you are searching for over here. He thought to himself, which just made his thoughts go wilder.

Ishika bumped into Antara as she walked out of the back room.

"AT why did you apply brakes all of a sudden?" Walking around her, Ishika followed her gaze.

"Wow that's a surprise."

"That's not a surprise, that's our – my doom."

Ishika frowned not sure what Antara meant. Antara rushed back through the door that read Employees only. Ishika stood there a minute longer, her eyes following the foot-steps of their friends who had just walked in to the caf.

She turned around just when Yash and Dhruv looked in her direction. The boys were looking around the place since they entered. Ishika was not sure what they were searching she walked in through the doors to unveil why their friends were her best friend's doom right after she heard Sunayna's voice. She guessed she was calling Yash and Dhruv who had stopped at the entrance itself.

"Guys, what are you doing?" 

"Okay you left me confused out there."

Antara was pacing up and down the aisle. "They don't know I work here."

Ishika wrinkled her brows together, "Wait what? How can your friends don't know you work here?"

Antara sat down on a near by stool, "Yash and Dhruv does of course but for the rest this is just my dad's caf. Which by the way is not even entirely true, yeah he runs the place like from open to close but in the end he is just the manager not the owner."

"How can you work here and they don't even know about it?"

"Because this is not like their regular hang out place. They did come here few times, but when I am like you know, a customer along with them. I enter and leave the place with them."

"So, Yash and Dhruv have not told the rest?"

Antara shook her head; she didn't have to voice out the reason. Ishika could guess it very well.

"So, that's why the two of them were looking around. To see if you were on duty."

Antara slumped down her shoulders. "You see why it is my doom."

"Oh come on AT, this is your dad's place. There is nothing wrong in a daughter helping out her father at his caf. I bet they would not even ask why you are working and if they do then you can just tell them you are helping your dad out."

"Can't, Nikki and Suni have invited me to join them, and I had said I had studying to do. I didn't know they were going to come here. I guess I should have asked where they were planning to go."

Varsha walked in and asked, "Antara and Ishika why are you two in here? I understand we practically run this place but in the end we do get salaries. Salaries, that is not for sitting around."

Ishika smiled, "We will be out there in few minutes. We were just taking a short five minute break."

"Hurry up then, it's getting crowded out there."

Once Varsha was out, Ishika turned towards her friend and said, "You heard auntie. We can't just hide in here till they go."

Antara got up, "Do you know where they are sitting?"

"Over to the other side of the partition."

"Great, we will stay on the other side of them. Hopefully the partition will serve as a cover." She pushed the door open and walking up few steps turned around. "I thought you said they were on the other end."

Ishika looked towards her left then her right. "Well, I had seen them walk towards the left inner area. How was I supposed to know they just decided to walk around as if it was a park before picking up the spot on the opposite side from where they originally went towards?"

Dhruv followed Yash's gaze and saw a glimpse of Ishika's face. He didn't have to guess who the girl was with her back towards them. If he had not caught Ishika's face, Antara would have looked like any other Mystic employee. Or not even an employee as she had altered her apron and cap in a fashionable way.

"Umm guys, don't you think it's really crowded in here? Let's go somewhere else." Dhruv said.

Yash turned to look at him and he didn't have to guess that he had spotted Antara too. What he was confused on was seeing Ishika there. From what he had heard from Dhruv, Ishika's bungalow was really rich and elegant. Surely no doubt she could have just come to see Antara, if she was not wearing a turquoise blue waist apron and knit cap similar to Antara's indicating that she was one of the employees.

"We just gave our order, and you want to leave? Nikita asked.

"Seriously, what is it with you two? You have been trying to dodge this place since we got in the car." Jayraj added.

Yash and Dhruv exchanged a worried glance. Antara had told them not to tell anyone else. It was their secret from before Jayraj, Raj, Nikita and Sunayna became their friends. In fact Mystic Caf is the very place where the three of them became friends. When they were in their first year, all three had shared few classes with each other, but until Yash and Dhruv walked into Mystic and Antara took their order they were just class mates.

It was by the end of last year that the group of three friends had turned in to the group of seven. Now, it was the group of eight. But the number didn't matter. It was them three in the starting and it would always be the three who were knotted to each other, after that no matter how many friends they made the rope was big enough to just tie three together.

Varsha came over to the girls, "Good to see you two. Now if your break is over will one of you set the tray for your friends?"

Ishika took the slip on which the order was written. Immediately she realized that Varsha didn't know that her daughter had kept her work position hidden from her friends.

"You go over to the other side, I will take this," Ishika said.

"What? You can definitely not."

"AT, it does not matter if they know that I work here."

"Actually it does, Dhruv has seen your uncle's place and I have heard him tell Yash all about your richness."

"What?" Ishika asked, than remembered that he had dropped her once.

"I didn't cut in well because, you were technically becoming one of them and also I could have told them that it was not your place but then more questions would have followed, and I just thought if they were to be answered than it should be done by you."

"I know I should have denied when Nikita asked Dhruv to drop me. What was I thinking?"

"It's not your fault, but if you do serve them than the looks you get after then will be your fault."

"So what I work here. What difference does it make?"

"Umm the difference is none of them work, but get pocket money, and their parents have businesses."

"So? Not every one can own a business. Some have to work in order to serve them while they walk in a fast food place. And clearly not every one have parents to start with to give them pocket money."

Antara opened her mouth but closed it with out saying anything. She knew that nothing she said would be a right reply to what Ishika had said. It was true and that was it, but if only every one understood that.

"The thing is those who get easy life do not really know the reality of the world."

Ishika smiled, "I got this AT, I am new here what difference does it make if they start judging me. In fact that would be good I would know who really my friends are and who are not."

Antara followed Ishika behind the counter and started helping her set the tray. "At least you know the two who really are going to be your friends. I can't say about the rest."

"Ishika?" Jayraj was the first one to notice her. May be, not entirely true. Dhruv and Yash had been following the girl's footsteps since they noticed them. They just chose to stay quiet and she didn't know that.

Ishika smiled, "Hey guys here you go." She slowly emptied the contents on her tray on to the table. She didn't make eye contact with anyone but could clearly feel Dhruv's gaze on her.

"What are you doing here?" Sunayna asked.

Lucky for her, Varsha called to her at the same time. "Ishika, can you see them?" Ishika saw her addressing the near by table. She turned around to see people sit at the table next to the one she was serving right now.

She smiled, "Sure auntie. You look tired you should go take a break. I will take care of things out here."

Varsha patted her on the right shoulder as she walked past her, "Not tonight, your uncle is not here so it's going to be more work."

"More reason you should go on back in and take care of paper work."

Varsha shook her head, "Your parents have grown up a fine lady."

Ishika gave a small smile. "Or wait some one else can take care of things inside."

Varsha turned around with a confused look. Ishika motioned towards the counter where Antara was taking carry-out orders. If Varsha sent Antara in then she would not be looking up at their friends table every now and then to see if they noticed her or not.

"She is not feeling good and standing on her feet is not going to help her at all." Ishika added a small lie.

"What happened? Why didn't she say anything?" Varsha rushed towards the counter and Ishika smiled and went to address the next table.

Mission Accomplished. "Can I take your order?" She titled her head to see Antara push through the door and Varsha take her spot at the register.

Yash heaved a sigh. Ishika was not the only one who had her eyes glued on Antara. Dhruv smiled and elbowed Yash, glad to see him relaxed. As, Yash's nervousness was just making him more nervous.

Things were good for the night.

Next Part: _______

There we go! Enjoy the read... PMz will send later as I have to update one more thing then will send combined PM for everything πŸ˜³

New Readers: Add Moon_Snow in your buddy list for regular PM notifications. 

Comment Away/ Press Like 

Have a Wonderful Day!

Breezyexpanse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome update

loved it
crazysky thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
yaar next update kab karoge
littleflaws thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazysky

yaar next update kab karoge

It's already done. check two posts above. I need to log into my PM account to change the title and send out PMz! 
crazysky thumbnail

Originally posted by: *mystic.moon*

It's already done. check two posts above. I need to log into my PM account to change the title and send out PMz! 

oops sholly ni dekha tha , 
crazysky thumbnail
res
unres
its superb 
i really liked the chapter
the one thing i like most about ur story is that day to day events happens here
like canteen scene
like restuarant scene
AT lieing to her rich  friends about her work
n all the more working in restaurant
all these are simple scenes but like the way the characters handles them very smartly
i really liked ur characters , i am reading these story as the characters not of any tv series 
for me they are just yash, AT, ishika, dhruv
itne strong characters hai ki inki apni ek individual personality
i loved it

Edited by crazysky - 10 years ago
littleflaws thumbnail

Originally posted by: siliya21

Awesome update

loved it

thanks! 
littleflaws thumbnail