Arshi FF - Dusty Haven - [TH#2 Link on Index Pg 1] - Page 74

Posted: 10 years ago
get well soon dear..we'll be here,waiting for your come back..
Whoa ...what a way to end a trip . Hope you're better soon . 
Best wishes and TC .
Take care of yourself and get well soon ... 
🤗
Originally posted by GirlOfFire

My dears,

It Was not my intention to leave you all hanging!

However, in my way back, I fell sick on the flight itself. Was taken into emergency, and hospitalized for three days. Got released today, and recuperating at my sisters. Please bear with me while I fix myself. At least while I lay in my bed, I could think ... Lol. As of now I am much better. So n with the show.

Madhu

I so did not want to like this post...you're sick & we're liking just knowing that...so not happening...yuck...please take care lovely...you are so precious...can't afford anything happening to you sweety. You give us so much happiness...you deserve to be hale & hearty...take your time & do take care!!!
This is such an intriguing tale. It's great to know that Payash are a couple and that Arshi still miss each other. Perhaps, Shyam killed Anjali's hubby because he wanted his property and wife. 
To all my Well-Wishers,

Thank you so much for your wishes. I am much better now, and home with family looking after me. Thank you so much for staying with me while I've been sick. Please keep me in your thoughts. Love you all. 

Chapter 16 - The Ties that Bind

Shyam looked at himself once more in the mirror. The deep blue suit looked good on him, he had to admit. The white shirt was ironed to perfection. The Mexican tie with its turquoise inlay was snug under his collar, and precisely above the pearl buttons on his shirt. He picked up his black hat and flicked a glance downward at the black leather boots he had on. Patting his pocket, he made sure the box was still sitting securely there. He was all set. 

He stepped out of the house, to see Rocky lounging on the chair in the verandah. 

'Lookin' good, boss,' Rocky said, sipping on his beer. 'Big date?' he leered at Shyam. 

Shyam glared at him. 'Mind your own business, Rocky,' he gritted.

'Not if it's mine, too, boss' Rocky retorted, sneering.

Shyam turned on his heel. 'What d'you mean?' His eyes narrowed. 

'Not saying nothin', boss. But you know we're runnin' out of time. Just thought I'd remind you,' Rocky said. 

'I'm aware of that, Rocky,' Shyam made his way down the steps. 'Be good if you remember that I'm the boss here. Or do I have to remind you again?' His voice turned silky, menacing. He took the big black horse's reins in his hands, before turning to look at Rocky, his eyes like slits. 

Rocky squirmed in his seat, deflated. 'Good luck, boss,' he said. 

Shyam nodded and swung into the saddle. With a 'Git!' he turned the horse around and headed towards Circle-R.

Rocky watched him go with a baleful look in his eyes, before spitting outside the verandah rails.

Anjali stared at herself in the mirror. She was tall, her body a little rounded now, after the babies, the curves more pronounced, fuller. The dark blue silk dress that Payal had created for her, flowed elegantly down her long lines, the short capped sleeves leaving her arms bare. Deep red silk lattice was woven just under her bust providing a splash of color like a belt. Her face was heart shaped, the long dark locks pulled back into a low chignon at the back of her neck, revealing the swanlike lines of her neck, and the soft lines of her jaw ending in a determined chin. Her eyes were wide, dark, her lips full and parted. 

Shyam had told her he would be here on Friday night. It was Friday night. Her stomach was in knots, with an unnamed emotion. She liked him. A lot. It had been so long since a man had touched her the way he did. 

A soft knock on the door, broke her out of her thoughts. Nanny stood there, smiling at her. 

'Anjali,' she said, 'Shyam is here. And looking very handsome, I might add,' she teased lightly. 

Anjali blushed. 'I'll be right there, Nanny,' she replied. She lifted up the skirt of her dress, and walked out of the door. 

Nanny watched her go, the smile fading from her eyes, thought it still tilted her lips. She sighed. She didn't know if Shyam was the right person for Anjali or not. But he made her smile. He'd taken away the lost, sad shadows in her eyes. For that she was grateful to him. Hopefully, he'd keep that smile on her face, God willing, a very long time. 

Shyam waited impatiently in the sitting room, rising to his feet as Anjali came in. She held out her hand to him, her eyes sparkling at she smiled. He raised her knuckles to his lips, his eyes holding hers as he brushed across them. She dropped her eyes, and smiled shyly at him. 

'Good evening, Miss Anjali,' his voice was soft. 

'Good evening, Mr. Shyam,' she replied. She felt her cheeks grow warm at the ardor in her eyes, her heart quickening.

Dinner over, Shyam turned to Nanny and said, 'Miss Raizada, with your permission, I'd like to take Miss Anjali for a walk.'

'Yes, of course, Mr. Shyam,' Nanny replied graciously. She smiled at her blushing granddaughter, and gently said, 'Go ahead, Anjali. I'll tell Mamie you will be in later.'

'Thank you, Nanny,' Anjali said, as Shyam stood up and held out a hand for her. She put her hand in his, and he tucked it under hers. Bowing to Nanny, he led her out of the room. 

Dusk was settling in as they walked down the path towards the corrals. They stood near the railings admiring the horses cantering around inside. 

'Your brother has some fine stock,' he said.

'It's his pride,' she replied. 'He loves those as much as the ranch itself.'

'I thought so,' Shyam's eyes narrowed, thinking. Drawing a deep breath, he turned to her.  Her face was turned away from him, looking at the horses, a smile in her eyes. 

'Anjali,' he said softly. 

She turned to look at him, one eyebrow quirked in a way that reminded him of her brother. He reached out a hand and held hers, holding it lightly, his thumb running along her knuckles, giving her goosebumps. 

'I've been wanting to ask you this for the longest time. I know that you loved Donny, and that you love your children very much. I know it's too much to ask if you can think about another man to share your life with. I may not be as rich as your brother, but I feel the need for a woman in my life.' He looked into her eyes. 'Not just any woman, Anjali. I need you in my life. You and Drew and Dev. Anjali Raizada, would you do me the honor of marrying me and sharing your life with me?'

Anjali's eyes had grown rounder with each word he said. She had known this was coming, but she hadn't been prepared for it. For the past two years, she'd struggled to put the pain of Donny's absence behind her. Here now, was the reason she'd been starting to realize that she could move on again. Her eyes filled with tears, and her heart was close to bursting. She swallowed the lump in her throat. She knew she'd never be with a man who didn't want her children, and he'd just included them with his words. She nodded her head, unable to say much more than a whispered, 'Yes! Yes, I will.'

He tugged her hand, pulling her into his arms, before lowering his head for a kiss. One that sealed their fates for all times. Shyam Jha had fallen in love with Anjali Raizada, and he was going to do everything he could to keep her happy all her life. 

It was only on the way home that the irony struck him. He'd killed Donny, far away from here. No one had suspected him. At the time, it had seemed like the only way to get to the Box-Lightning. Now plans had changed. There was only one witness to the murder. As far as he knew, she was a few hundred miles away. He'd never seen her, and hadn't been able to find out who she was. She was out there somewhere. The day he found out, would be the last day of her life. She couldn't be allowed to jeopardize his future. He had to find out who she was, and silence her forever. 

Arnav strode through the stores lining the sidewalk. Fort Worth was a bustling city, and it was getting bigger by the day. He made his way around the people walking along, looking into the stores he passed. The sale of the cattle had gone well. He was happy with the money he'd made, and with the money Box-Lightning had made, too. Now it was time for him to buy a few things he needed. 

He couldn't help the smile that crossed his face as he spotted a red horse. Red! He thought. Khushi, was the next thought. Although he knew she couldn't be here, he couldn't help the lift in his heart at the thought of seeing her again in a few days. The journey home was always so much faster, without the cattle pulling you down. 

He stopped in front of a store which didn't show anything in the windows, had only a small sign beside the door, and a burly guard in front. Opening the door, he went inside. Thirty minutes later, he walked out, trying hard not to show how pleased he was. 

Tomorrow, he was headed back to Circle-R. He couldn't wait to see the smile on her face again. 

Akash came back to Circle-R late that night. He was surprised to see the lights still on. He opened the door and found his Nanny and his sister still sitting and talking, even though they were in their night gowns. 

'Akash!' Nanny was pleased to see him back. He'd been attending to some patients in Yerba and it had been getting late. She had been worried about him. 

'Nanny,' he bend down and kissed her on the cheek, when a flash of something caught his eye. He looked at his sister as she raised a cup to her lips. Sparkling on the third finger of her hand was a beautiful ring. 

'Sis?!' he asked astonished, holding out his hand to see better. 

She jumped up and hugged him. 'Oh, Akash! I am so happy. Shyam asked me to marry him today. I said yes.' She pulled back and looked at him. 

He smiled automatically. If his sister was happy, he was okay with it. 

'Now that Anjali is settled, we have to think about Arnav and you,' Nanny smiled mischievously. She knew all about the pretty Miss Payal Gupta and how they'd been meeting in the town almost every week now. Although Akash had never mentioned it, gossip still found its way to her ears. 

Akash blushed. 'Not yet, Nanny,' he mumbled. 'First Arnav and maybe after that... ' his voice trailed off. 

'Does that mean that you won't be going into town tomorrow, Akash?' she asked innocently. 

'Ah.. no, Nanny. I do have to go to town to open my dispensary. But after that, I'll be back in the afternoon,' he said, his cheeks turning redder still. 

'I like Miss Payal, Akash,' Nanny's tone was gentle. 'It's meant to be, you know,' the words of the owl came back to her. 

He looked hopefully at his Nanny, while Anjali also smiled contentedly. 'Akash, we couldn't wish for anyone better for you,' she affirmed. The joy that she was experiencing in her life made her want to spread it to her brothers as well. 

'But what about Arnav?' Akash asked, trying desperately to shift the attention away from himself. 

'Arnav will do what he needs to do,' Nanny said mysteriously. 'When he finds a woman he wants, he will let her know. Until then,' she paused, 'I guess we've got to wait.' She sighed. 

Come Monday morning, Khushi rode into Circle-R. As she entered the homestead, she was greeted with a hug from Anjali. 

'Why, Miss Anjali. What's going on?' she asked, smiling at the infectiously happy face in front of her, as Anjali spun her around. 

'Miss Khushi! I have been betrothed!' Anjali laughed as she said it. 

'Engaged? Miss Anjali, congratulations! Who is it?' Khushi was laughing along with her. 

'It's Shyam Jha,' laughed Anjali. 

'Who is Shyam Jha?' asked Khushi. 'How come I've never seen him before?'

'He's he owner of the Striking-S,' panting the two girls sat down as Mamie fetched lemonade for them. 

'You know, Miss Anjali,' Khushi took a sip of the refreshing drink. 'I've never met him. I know he's been coming here,' she nudged Anjali who blushed and looked down. 'He's usually here when I'm not. I think he's avoiding me.'

Anjali laughed at that. 'Why would he avoid you?'

'Because he knows I would question him thoroughly, whether he can keep you happy or not,' pronounced Khushi. 'You know, if he doesn't, he'll have to answer to me,' she stood up with her hands on her hips.

Nanny came in to watch her dramatics, laughing along with her and Anjali. 

'No, I mean it, Miss Anjali,' Khushi declared earnestly. 'If he makes you sad, just let me know, and I will take care of him.'

'It's true though, Nanny,' Anjali observed when they'd finally calmed down a little bit. 'Miss Khushi has never met Shyam. Isn't that strange?'

'That it is,' Nanny agreed. 'Perhaps we should have a celebration once Arnav gets back. What do you think, Khushi?' She had long since done away with the 'Miss' part of 'Miss Khushi'.

'I think that would be wonderful, Nanny,' Khushi exclaimed. 'I'll get a chance to wear the new dress Payal has made me,' she hugged herself. She tried not to ask when Arnav was going to be back, much as she wanted to. 

'Since when do you wear dresses, Miss Khushi?' Anjali laughed at her.

Khushi blushed. 'Well, it's not like I don't wear dresses,' she said, trying hard to backpedal. 'It's just that most times, it's easier to wear trousers.'

'Well, Arnav should be back on Wednesday,' Nanny's thoughts had moved from Khushi to Arnav quite naturally. 'Let's wait till he comes back before deciding on the celebration.'

'Thank you, Nanny.' Anjali hugged her grandma, before they all went upstairs to see why Drew and Dev were so quiet. 

Khushi followed them up the stairs slowly. Two more days, then he would be back! Her heart leapt in her chest. With his return imminent, the days dragged for her.

She couldn't help but feel a little envious of Miss Anjali. She had the love of the man she loved. Payal too, seemed to be moving along with Akash. What did she have with Arnav? Nothing. They had kissed, yes, but that had been because of where they were, and why they were there. Although she had to admit. Every time she thought about those kisses, her face turned warm and her body would tingle at the very thought of them. 

It was Wednesday afternoon, and Khushi had put the boys down for a nap. She hung around Anjali's bedroom, looking out of the window, waiting for the tell tale cloud of dust that would herald his return. She wandered back to the room and began tidying it. Picking up a fallen diary, she opened the top drawer of the bedside table to place it back in. As she reached in, she saw a photograph peeping out from the bottom of some papers. Curiously, she pulled it out. 

She stared at the picture. There was something very familiar about him. She cocked her head to the side, looking at the picture from an angle. And then it struck her! It was the man whose murder she had seen! She saw the picture shaking and with almost a detached feeling, she realized it was her hands that were shaking. She dropped the picture in the drawer and shut it. Her mind was in chaos! Thoughts tumbled in and out, whirling through her brain. 

Was the man in the picture Miss Anjali's husband? No one had ever spoken of how he had died. If that was Miss Anjali's husband, then she had witnessed his murder. The murderer was here in Yerba and he hadn't recognized her, and she'd never seen him around Circle-R either. So why had he wanted Miss Anjali's husband dead? He must know them, or Miss Anjali's husband at the very least since he wanted to kill him. What enmity did he have with Miss Anjali's husband? Why had he wanted him dead?

She waked in a daze to her room and shut the door, unaware that at that moment, Arnav had just walked in through the front door. 

He looked around eagerly, but all was quiet. There was no sound from anywhere in the house. It was late afternoon, and they had made good time on their return. It was JP who walked into the sitting room and saw Arnav moving towards the staircase. 

'ASR,' he said dourly, 'you're home!'

'Yes, JP,' Arnav smirked at him. 'I'm home. Where's everybody?'

'I think Miss Anjali is with Nanny, sitting on the back porch, and Miss Khushi is with the children. Is time for their siesta,' JP informed him. 

He looked down at himself. He was dusty and hot. He needed a cold bath.

'Thanks, JP,' he said. 'I'll have a bath and join them. No need to tell them I'm home. I'll surprise them.'

JP grimaced, which Arnav interpreted as a smile. 'Sure,' he said and shuffled away. 

Arnav turned away and walked up the stairs. Coming to the children's room, he couldn't help but peep in through the door that was ajar. The two of them were fast asleep and Mamie was sitting in a corner on a rocking chair, dozing as well. There was no sign of Khushi. The door to her room was closed. For a moment he paused, wondering if he should knock and let her know he was back. Then he decided to wait till he had a chance to clean up, and talk to her later. He headed on to his room. 

Khushi never heard the footsteps walking away from her door. She was still sitting by the window lost in her thoughts. She needed to talk to her father. She needed to tell Miss Anjali what she saw, but how? Miss Anjali was so happy now in her new relationship with Mr. Shyam. And then, there was Arnav. When would he return? She didn't want to keep this a secret from him any longer. There were no doubts in her mind that though Arnav knew the killer, he didn't have anything to do with the murder. He would not snatch his own sister's happiness away. Of this much she was sure. She had to let her father know. 

With her mind made up, she quickly got up and pulled on her boots. Slamming her hat on her head, she went down the stairs looking for Anjali to let her know that she would be leaving for home right now. 

'Right now?' Anjali looked up surprised at her.

'Yes, Miss Anjali,' Khushi stood there, twisting her hat brim uncomfortably. 'Something ... I have to talk to my Papa about, something very important.' She bit her lip and could barely look at Anjali in the eyes. 

'Well, if you must go, you should leave now, child,' Nanny said. She was wondering what could have happened to make Khushi run away all of a sudden. Surely it wasn't anything to do with Arnav's imminent return?

She said as much to Anjali as Khushi walked towards the corral where Red was grazing. 

'Arnav? Why would you think that, Nanny?' Anjali asked curiously. 

'I don't know,' Nanny shook her head. She was curious herself as to what had actually transpired in those two days that Khushi had gone missing. Arnav had given them the bare bones, but then, that was Arnav. He never elaborated on anything, much to everyone's frustration. 

The subject of their conversation walked onto the porch just then. 

'Nanny, Sis,' he greeted them both with hugs and kisses. 

'Arnav, you're back,' Anjali once again stated the obvious. 

'When did you get back?' Nanny asked him.

'A little while ago,' he said, sinking onto the stairs. JP brought him a glass of lemonade and he took a sip gratefully. Anjali and Nanny exchanged glances.

'Did you talk to Khushi?' Anjali asked rather tactlessly, at which Nanny rolled her eyes. 

'No. Where is she? I haven't seen her,' he said. 

'She left just a few minutes ago,' Nanny said, watching his expression closely. For the first time, she saw him blink, a disconcerted expression came over his face, which he quickly masked with blandness. 

'Oh. Okay,' he said, sipping the lemonade. She left! She knew he was coming back to day. He'd made sure to send the telegram and let them know. So why had she left? Perhaps she hadn't wanted to see him as much as he had wanted to see her, he thought, wondering why the lemonade suddenly tasted so bitter. 

'There's other news too, Arnav,' Nanny said gently. 

'News?' Arnav raised his eyebrows looking from one to the other. 

'Anjali's betrothed,' Nanny said. 

'Betrothed?' a smile broke over his face. 'To whom?'

'Shyam Jha,' Anjali said softly, holding out her hand to let her brother see her ring. 

He held her fingers in his, examining the ring. His thoughts were running around. He didn't like Shyam, he'd tried to warn Anjali about him. But if this is what she wanted, he wasn't going to stand in her way. He got up and hugged his sister.  'Congratulations, sis,' he said. 'Are you happy?'

She bit her lip, nodding, her eyes sparkling. 'Yes.'

He kissed her cheek, 'then be happy, sis. I'm happy for you.'

WELCOME back!!

He killed Donny...the creep Jha killed Donny?

And you say he fell in love with Anjali - has he really? Behind all that love for Box Lightning, is there hope for an emotion as pure as love? Or is an extension of that emotion...not as strong but good enough for some people?

And he wants to get rid of the "witness"

Not happening Mr. Shyam. This "witness" has the ocean with her and he packs a mean punch when it comes to his Miss Khushi and his Sis.

Bring on the fireworks!
res

edit

Ahhh it's getting more interesting sis. ðŸ˜‰
So I assume shyam killed Anjili's hubby. How sick. 
Oh nooo what will happen when Arnav finds out about this. Or will he not trust her like the show. Ufff nooo!

Great update.
Arnav! You need to open your eyes abit more.😆

xxx
Edited by -Zara- - 10 years ago
Este es mi lugar.
Hasta un ratito.

That was expected, from the begening I was thinking Shyam killed Dave and Drews father.  What will be Anjalis state if she comes to know this?

Kushi, it is better to speak to your father soon.

Welcome Arnav, hope bagged several dungs in mustering.

"Ahora es la hora de matar algunos elementos malo acercando tu lugar".

Gof once again you touched the boots and hats, you are making more obssesed with the proper use of hats and boots. Here gauchos say, the fellow gauchos mood can be gauged through the way he uses the hat.

Edited by avcmyd - 10 years ago
What the! He killed Danny! Evil. 

If the love even there or is it just Shyam's twisted sense of love? Could it be a part of his plan to get to BL or are they unrelated. God, so many kostins! 

Arnav is back, that God. We need the hotness, the ocean to quench our thirst and some "witness protection". And he's the man! 

Welcome back, M :)