Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daljeet thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey I loved this story. This is also intriguing. But at some places there is an unneeded lag, or so I felt.

Example Payal's issue being stretched, and at some places. It is an interesting story and I'm on my toes when I'm reading this. I felt the same for Checkmate too. So in such moments, some places it feels like it is being lagged unnecessarily.

I did doubt Mr. Roy but I thought he had a bigger master behind it. And if this was the secret, then what did Shashi say about getting Arnav married to Kushi. That was not part of the deal.

I loved NK-Kushi-Anjali banter. Wish Payal could join too. Then it would be wonderful you know. 

Please pm me when you update nest. Have not read the other two. My classes starts 2mo. So will take a little time for that. Hope you understand.
abraxos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
can we expect something today
Tirtharupa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Please update soon...waiting for it...
tachyon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
update??? please. . . 
dima_a thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
update soon plzzz...
abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

From the Author's desk: OH MY GOD!!! People I am here.. Thanks so much for all the concern, I am safe and sound and little bit lazy...  I was down with IPK fever! seriously yaar! all I did for the last 5 days when I sat to write an update was hit youtube and watch Arnav and Khushi... Is it a viral ... I dont think it has any cure either...

Here is a lonnng update... double long than the ones that I usually post...

Happy reading!  and yeah, if you are actually wondering what it has to do with the chapter's title, I havent got to that yet...

Chapter 10: Saviour of Love

Part 2: Back to square one 

Khushi  waited at the hospital corridor for almost two hours, spending time watching the doctors going in for observations and leaving the place. The Nurses were going in and out at a leisurely phase. She wished she had dropped in at the public library to collect some book for herself.  She felt tired too, as she didn't actually have a great sleep last night as she had claimed. Nani had been very worried and sleep had come very late for her. Kushi had to stay awake for Nani's sake and again the new place did'nt help her much. She must have dozed off without her knowledge; for she felt herself being woken up by a nurse and when she woke up with a jerk she saw the nurse and the senior doctor standing next to her.

"Are you with Subadra Raizada?" the doctor asked her

"Yes doctor' Is she alright?"

"Yeah, she is fine- we have decided to move her to a room' Can you please go with sister and finish of the formalities?"

"Yes doctor.. How long would she be required to be here?"

"A couple of days or more'She is recovering fine" The doctor said as he started to leave the place.

Khushi did not have much difficultly with the formalities as she was told that Arnav and Dr. Manohar Singh had already spoken to them and chosen the room in case Dadi was to be moved. She was only required to fill in the details form and get the visitor passes.

Dadi was soon moved to one of the executive class suites in the hospital. As soon as she settled down, the junior doctor who accompanied the team which shifted her, spoke to her briefly while the nurse gave the general instructions about the medicine to be followed to Khushi.

"She is still on drips' Let me know when it's time to change' I will come and do it" The nurse told her as she left with the doctor

Khushi nodded at the party and no sooner than she closed the door, she heard the weak yet sharp voice of Dadi

"Isnt there anyone else from my family?"

"They were here for the whole night Dadiji' They left only a few hours ago, I sent them to catch some sleep"

"I am not your Dadi' Don't call me that'" came a sharp reply "So they have left is it?"

Khushi's smile died on her lips.

"Yes, But they will be any time now'" Khushi told her and comtemplated if she should reach and tell the family about Subadra being moved into a room.

She tried calling the landline, but it was busy. Arnav's was the only other number that she had, of the inmates of RM. She tried his number, the ring went on and on, just when she thought of cutting the call wondering if he was fast asleep, the call got picked up on the other end.

"elo" Arnav's drowsy voice came over the line

"Hi'Khushi here' Dadiji.. I mean, your Dadiji was moved to another room.. I thought of informing you'"

"Oh'" she heard him say in a slumber. There was a silence and then a heard a rustle of sheets and movements and his crisp voice came over the phone "Ok' Give me some time, I will be there within an hour"

"No..No need to rush, I mean, take your own time' If you want to sleep a little more'"

"Not at all Khushi' I'll be there"

"yup" She cut the call to look at Dadi.

She tentatively smiled at her, but Dadi didn't respond back

"I would appreciate if you are well within your limits." Dadi started to say out of the blue. "There was no need to call Arnav personally to tell about my shifting to the room. Calling the landline should do"

"No.. I tried calling the landline- It was busy" Khushi started to say but Dadi continued to talk as if Kushi has not spoken

"and when it was going to be him, you could have very well let me tell him the news "

Khushi realized why Anjali and NK told that Dadi was someone whom they would rather avoid than keep company for she was someone who was rooted to the beliefs of the past and little crude about her beliefs on class and status and that it was going to be a long one hour of wait for her until Arnav took over. 

"Would you like to have some juice now?" Kushi asked Dadi as she scrutinized the food tray which had come in.

"No later" Dadi told in a tone which she had lately adopted for khushi- The sternness and authoritativeness that a superior uses for a hired help.

"But the dietician asked you drink something now' Would you like soup?"

"No- I would ask for it when I want it- Don't try to act smart" Dadi cut it.

Khushi was starting to get miffed. She was here to help.. why won't this lady understand? If not for her age, Khushi would have given it back to her. She went ahead to put the soup bowl back in the tray when the door creaked open.

"Dadi!" Arnav exclaimed as he came in and hugged the old lady.

Khushi smiled at the scene as she saw the lady's stern face broke into a smile of affection.

"Did I scare you?" she asked her grandson

"Very much" he said as he sat by the edge of the bed, his hand still by the old lady's shoulder.

"What did the doc say?" he asked looking at Khushi who updated him with everything that the doctor and the nurse had instructed her.

"Alright, so its gonna be another two days here' We will be there with you Dadi' We will take shifts'" Arnav told her

"I am fine Arnav' You don't have to be so worried" Dadi told him

"So did you have something to eat or drink?" he asked his Dadi finally realizing that Khushi was standing there holding the soup bowl.

"No' She hasn't had anything' I was just asking her" Kushi told him

"Do you want something hot or cold?" Arnav asked her getting out of the bed

"hot? Do you have milk?" Dadi asked him

"No dadi' you can't have milk now.. not yet' Would you like some soup?" he asked taking the bowl from Khushi as Dadi nodded her head in affirmative.

Happy that her grandson is there to take care of her, Khushi excused herself to use the restroom which accompanied the suite.

"would you please use the common restrooms downstairs? I don't like outsiders using my toilets" Dadi told her rather bluntly making  Khushi as well as Arnav stare at her in shock disbelief.

Kushi was the first to recover though who gracefully smiled at the old woman and ventured to move out.

"No.. Wait'" Arnav strutted finally.. " Dadi' why can't she use this one' this is unreasonable"

"No, that's alright' I am fine with it" Kushi said as she hastily went out.

"Dadi.. that was offensive.. and rude'After all that her father did for us, she needs to be treated little kindly and considering that she volunteered to help '"

"I am not comfortable with her around Arnav'Now don't argue with me on what is right and what is wrong' Have you forgotten my lessons to you on aukat?"

"Where does aukat come here Dadi? She is a guest' moreover if it was not for her assistance when you collapsed, the situation would have been very grave"

"So you say she is a guest' " Dadi told him "But that doesn't change the girl's aukat"

Dadi took the soup from  Arnav's hand and started to have it. Arnav was so tempted to argue about Dadi's beliefs and demand her acceptance for Khushi but remained quiet for the sake of her health status at that point.

Soon dadi started to speak about asking for her will to be drafted and the topic of discussions changed by the time Khushi came back.

"Would you please wait outside for sometime?" Dadi asked Khushi as soon as she entered. "we are discussing something important"

"No Dadi, that's alright, we will speak about this sometime later" Arnav told as he looked apologetically at Khushi "Come in Khushi"

"I would rather speak about this now' " dadi told firmly

"I will be outside" Khushi told them and moved out "It seemed to have no sense to her to try to become friendly with Dadi' She actually felt good to get rid of her company'  How different she was from Nani who actually asked her to sleep along with her? Infact the last night, she had slept with Nani' May be she should leave now if Arnav wanted to stay back, she can willingly go back home she thought' or if he had got only a couple of hours of sleep, then she might have to stay back

Soon she fell into a lapse of slumber again, but only to be woken up again by the exuberant voice of Anjali

"Hey Khushi' you asked us to leave and now you are sleeping yourself"

She opened her eyes to see the entire Raizada clan visiting the hospital- along with them nani had come too'

"Why? Don't you have a bed inside this suite?" NK asked cheerfully as she saw him holding a coffee cup

"hmm' yeah.. we have a couch and attender's bed to sleep on and still Khushi would decide to sleep in this chair which is the most uncomfortable cold contraption to sit on!!" Anjali chattered on as Nani and Akaash smiled at her

"Come in Bitiya" Nani said affectionately as she all barged in

After initial greetings, they all settled themselves around the room, the situation seemed lighter

"Hey that was not fair Arnav, you didn't wait for us'" Anjali told him indignantly

"I told you I am starting in half an hour's time' You were sleeping when I left the house" Arnav reminded her.

"Oh god' Arnav, you need to control this particular feeling of love for Dadi' otherwise you will be all spent when you actually have to display this love for your girl!" NK teased his brother who glared at him

But before he could retort back, Dadi laughed

"That you don't have to worry, Sheetal will take care of that' isn't it Arnav? "She said as she pointedly looked at Khushi for no reason and then smiled at Arnav who simple shrugged. 

Dadi didn't seem to bother about khushi's presence after that and simply ignored the discussion when Nani was in all praise for the girl's presence of mind the night before. NK went out to fetch another cup of coffee'

"I have got addicted to this coffee' it tastes good' " He said as he moved out

"Then bring one for me too' It's actually better than HP's you know" Anjali commented.

Khushi volunteered to go with NK to bring a cup for everyone who was there. Then as they all sat there chatting and having coffee, Khushi to her surprise noticed that NK could actually pull Dadi's legs and get away with it unlike her other grandchildren.

"Oh, its because that bugger  is exactly like her pyaari patidev- in looks, in action and evrything" Anjali informed khushi  when she asked Anjali about it' "He is the one who gets least scolded, and he is the one with whom she is more lenient' So for all our permission factors we actually had to bribe him when we were small"

Just then, A house keeping staff came in to remove the food tray. As Khushi volunteered to pick the empty soup bowl by Dadi's bed, Dadi asked her to collect the empty coffee cups as well, again implying to her and everyone around that she considered Khushi no more than a domestic help.

While Khushi took this on her stride, the younger Raizada generation took offense for her sake, while Arnav had again resorted to argue for her cause with Dadi unsuccessfully, NK adopted a different strategy.

"Dadi, you don't have a sense of waste management do you?" he asked as he quickly jumped to get the cups before Khushi could collect them

"These cups have to go into a bin that has to be recycled' and the bowls have to go to the dish washer'" he said as he dumped the cups in the trash bin nearby.

"and more over, Khushi doesn't have to do it" Arnav added as Dadi looked at him sharpely, Anjali looked up at her brother and then at NK, smiled cheekily and then bent down pretending to be busy with her mobile.

It was not in Dadi's character to keep quiet when her principles were attacked. But this time- just for this time, she decided to let it go. This girl was not like what she had thought' She had believed, she had to control Arnav's interests with this girl, but now she realized, not only Arnav, NK needs to be controlled too' She would decide on the course as soon as she was back at home.

Minutes later, It was decided that Arnav, Akaash, Anjali and NK would to be at the hostipal in shifts as long as Dadi stayed there. Though Khushi was not actually looking forward to, she volunteered to do one of the shifts and Arnav indirectly denied her offer, more to save her from Dadi's nature to humiliate her than the reason that Dadi was not comfortable with her services.

As the first shift till afternoon was to be taken by Akaash, the others decided to leave after the doctor's visit which was announced by a nurse.

"Ok I will make a move too.. " Khushi said as she picked up her cross shoulder bag.

"You can also come with us Khushi bitiya- we came by car anyway'" Nani told her

"No Naniji, I need to go somewhere else now' Have some work outside.. You all proceed"

At this, the first thought that hit Arnav was whether she was again trying to get in touch with Aman? An irritation came along with the thought, making him snap at her.

"What's it now?" The words were out of his mouth before he could realize and Khushi just stared at him in surprise. Why is he actually questioning her as if he had the full control on her ? Why do this Dadi ' Pota pair behave as if they owned her and payed her' and she as answerable to their questions ?

"What work Khushi bitiya? If I remember right, you didn't get much sleep yesterday night too' you should be tired' can't you postpone this for now? " Nani asked her more in a concerned tone, throwing a warning look at her grandson who changed his demeanor taking cue from her.

"No Naniji, I work for a local paper, I have to go today, some emergency job.. I will be back by noon"

"Are you again going to that locality?" Arnav asked her  "Where Vikrant would be roaming around?"

"No Don't worry about that, I will be fine.. " She snapped at him, still annoyed with his tone

"How are you going to go? By bus?"  there was sarcasm in his tone by now

"Yeah, but'"

"Ok, I will drop you and wait for you until you finish your job' " Arnav told her as he got up surprising her "We have two cars anyway"

Khushi hadn't expected this. With dadi's attitude, this was just like inviting trouble paying for it'

"No, Don't bother, I will be fine'I don't know how long it might take out there"

"You heard it' I am dropping you'I am not taking chances" he told her more sternly as Anjali and NK exchanged glances and raised their eyebrows.

Their exchanges got hanged for a bit as another junior doctor who was making rounds finally came in to check on Dadi.

Khushi didn't much notice the young and handsome doctor who came in as she was busy with picking up her stuff'

"Khushi.. Is that you?" The doctor asked as he turned to address the family after his regular check up.

"Hey Rakesh?" Khushi exclaimed "How come here?"

"That was a pleasant surprise" the young doctor told as he moved towards her taking her extended hand in a formal greeting. "I joined here a little over a month ago as a junior doc' How about you' this is your family?"

"No.. just.. just an acquaintance.. " Khushi said as she turned to Nani and others who were looking at her curiously

"This is Dr. Rakesh Mathur, he was an intern at the hospital where I used to do service for a NGO" She explained to their questioning looks' "and a good friend of mine" she added as an afterthought, just to keep things clear

" Good to hear that you have taken up job here' So how many of you have joined here?"

"3 of us- Myself, Renu and Chetan" Dr.Rakesh told her

"That's' so nice" Khushi told him

"So are you here for some time? Wait until I finish my rounds at this corridor' we need to catch up" Rakesh told Khushi

"How is Dadi?" Arnav asked the doctor abruptly, breaking the coziness that was beginning to settle in between the friends meeting after a long time.

"Oh- yeah'She is progressing fine by the way" Rakesh told him with a smile.

"Thanks" Arnav told him curtly "Lets go now, you said you have some urgent work" Arnav told looking at Khushi, not giving her an option to consider Rakesh's offer to catch up

"Oh, you have some work now is it?" Rakesh asked her jovially "no time for a cup of coffee then?"

"Some other time Rakesh, lets see if I can catch up with all the three of you"

"Oh sure' see you around"  As doctor moved out, Khushi turned to Arnav

"Arnavji, thanks for the offer, but I can manage on my own' " She told him

"If she says she can manage it fine, you don't have to worry so much Arnav" Dadi intervened.

"May be we can help you get an auto" NK suggested.

The others in the family served as amused spectators as Arnav didn't say anything after that but stared at Khushi stubbornly who was actually daring enough to throw back the stubbornness from her own end.

As the family moved out of the room, leaving an amused Akaash and miffed Dadi behind, with Arnav wanting to go with Khushi on the pretext of her safety and khushi insisting that she can manage, they met Dr.Rakesh again who was coming back finishing his rounds.

They greeted again as Rakesh started up another conversation with Khushi.

"So are you here tomorrow?" Rakesh asked Khushi as Arnav felt it was good that he decided to keep Khushi out of the shifts

"Hmm ..No.. I don't think so" Khushi told him apologetically

"Oh don't try that' " Rakesh laughed "Always the escapade' when asked out for a coffee' you have never changed Khushi' "

"Hey nothing like that' hmm so how long today?" Khushi changed the topic abruptly as they all started to take the escalator.

"I am actually done today' That was my final rounds as of today, I am heading home actually.. "

"Oh ok.."

"If you are going home, I can give you a ride you know" Rakesh told her good naturedly again

"No Rakesh, Actually I am going to the editor's office"

"Where? Delhi today?"

She nodded

"Its actually on my way, I shall you give you a ride if you want"

Khushi smiled at her friend and gracefully denied his offer. As the escalator stopped at their floor and they stepped out,  Arnav stopped behind too as he noticed that the friends lingered back.

"So are you sure you don't want to ride with me?"

"hmm' Rakesh' what is it about these rides that you are talking about' I can very well drop you too, I meant the bus'"

"Oh' I was just hoping to show you my new baby' Honda Unicorn"

"You have got a new bike?" Khushi exclaimed

"yeah, I brought her home with my first ever salary here' "Rakesh grinned at her. "You need to see her' you will love her"

Khushi  laughed

"I don't fancy about bikes actually'" Khushi told him

"Hey now don't say No khushi' we are meeting after long' and there is lots to talk'and you are not coming tomorrow- Renu and Chetan are doing the morning shift today- you can meet them too'"

Khushi started to think as she bit her lip and looked at Arnav who looked impatient.

"Arnavji, you proceed, I shall meet my friends and then be on my way to the editor's office"

"I will be waiting at the parking lot" he told her making her raise her eyebrows

"You guys are together or something?" Rakesh asked suddenly looking from Arnav to Khushi

"Hell no.. "Khushi laughed tensedly and throwing a dirty look at Arnav who didn't even flinch.

"You don't have to wait for me Arnav." She told him "I told you I can manage' besides, My friends are here, I will be fine" She told him and went along with Rakesh, who threw him an apologetic look and then went with Khushi

"What up then?" Arnav heard Khushi ask Rakesh who was still looking back at Arnav apologetically "How is Chetan's Photography doing?"

"His obsession has taken a break"

"What? Are you serious? "

"He got into big trouble recently and now he isn't touching his SLR for some time now"

"Really?"

"Don't tell him that I told you that- its such a harassing experience for him but we had a good laugh over it for weeks'"

"hey out with it"

Arnav stood there chagrinned and displeased as he saw her walking away with her friend and break into laughter. He saw her being hugged by another young lady doctor and then saw her disappear behind the door marked as restricted entry, after her friends. He was brought back from his thoughts as he received a call on his mobile

"Whats it Anjali?"

"Where are you?" Anjali asked him

"I am heading home now" he barked at her unnecessarily as he started to walk out angrily

"Oh ok.. Just thought of checking with you' " she said cheekily and cut the call

NK who was driving the car turned to look at his sister.

"Heading home! " She told her brother and winked at him "He sounded angry'"

"Are you thinking what I am thinking Anjali?" NK chuckled.

"About what?" Anjali asked him and then winked at him

Nani who was sitting behind them in the car smiled and shook her head.

"What you both are scheming at?" she asked them "I could see only concern at Arnav's mind' You people haven't been there when those threats were thrown at her"

"Haan' Nani ' I know'I know'. its all starts like this' you know " Anjali chortled with a halo of wisdom'

"What?" Nani asked her in tone where they couldn't make it if she was teasing or being serious.

"Friendship... what else" Anjali told noncommittally as NK looked at his sister once and smirked.

Alright, Anjali and NK have started to get clues... will they hold on to the clue and work on it...thats something that will come up later on... see ya soon .. tata

Index

Previous:Unforeseen Crisis

Edited by abavi - 4 years ago
subi.dhanabala thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
--edited post--

i was really enjoying the commanding and almost a possessive arnav...
also i wished to strangle dadi..dat lady doesnt have any gratitude to d one person who saved her life and d nerve of her to order kushi..kushi should have given a earful to her but as she is ill dat option is not valid..hmm..🥱

also i really like dis rakesh hope he brings out some green monster from arnav...after dat i am sure dat anjali wil take d matter of patching up both..

and not to forget this dadi really as very high hopes of sheetal..only if sheetal turns out to be a devil in disguise den dadi wil understand her foolishness and character judging...

pls give d nxt update soon..cant wait to witness some romance..
Edited by subi.dhanabala - 10 years ago
nnhk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Dadi tu dadi hi rahey gi no matter what!

Good to see she has friends other than Aman.

Dadi is a real pain and i just hope she doesn't do too much harm.

Arnav will gradually realise he likes her ...
Edited by nnhk - 10 years ago
Cute6 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
my placewa
aha a longgg updatewa dat too after long tym...😊
grrr dadi😡
i xpected her to be lyk dis and here she turned out to be worse dan my xpectations...
but m also miffied wid arnav he dint even argue wid dadi...
nk is always sweet and here also its same...
m glad atleast he is der to help khushi...
and angry and tempered arnav is delight to watch..😆😉
i can see d future of rakesh..😆
nk-anjali playing cupid would be delight to watch...
vaiting for next1...
dii updatewa soon pleaseee⭐️
Edited by Cute6 - 10 years ago