Users

Frequent Posters

Jyo.Arshi.IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
when r we gettin the next update ?? 
Maddy1270 thumbnail

Rashmi, lovely interpretation to part 19.7, especially how innovatively you've incorporated the various titles to Smita's stories… spot on! Nice take on the Unvarnished Truth of the Arnav-Khushi relationship in part 19.8.

It takes Khushi to make Arnav realise that even if his heart wasn't involved in his earlier relationships with other women, they had invested their emotions, so can't be dismissed with a mere "meant nothing"… even mercenary girls like Lisa would have at least liked him and wouldn't have been immune to his charms… Lisa's jealousy proves it! It says much about Khushi's goodness of heart that she can feel for the woman who is out to destroy her happiness. Can understand Khushi's perplexity at the thought of how Arnav can be so unaffected by his earlier relationships that he can ignore them now… was it all fueled by mere desire? Arnav has no answer to her very thought-provoking questions, because till now he has been living life at a very superficial level!

"I knew something would happen. It always does." She shut her eyes. "One moment of happiness. Just one moment of it. And then days of sorrow. That is how my life is…." Some of the most pain-filled lines ever written! My heart broke at Khushi's resigned acceptance that joy and contentment are fleeting things in her life… she dispassionately analysing the possible pitfalls in their marriage [brought on by the difference in their outlooks] and Arnav's immediate fear that she might not marry him were heart-rending… How quickly she rushes to allay his fears: she reassures him that she plans to marry him because, as she self-deprecatingly states, her greatest fear is being left all alone, something she doesn't have the courage to face! And he reciprocates her feelings by assuring her that he would never leave her alone… totally agree with Rashmi's choice of quote: "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" ~ Lao Tzu… Khushi neither complains against Arnav or looks for assurances from him nor does she rail against fate… he warning her not to demean herself is touching. As he says, she's strong, but even the strongest person needs someone to lean on from time to time!

My respect for Khushi grows, seeing the level-headed and pragmatic manner she is dealing with the mess her life has become… just love her for asking Arnav how he plans to ensure that she's never assailed by 'The lies… the women… the vultures' that litter his life [thank you for making her ask the very question I've always wanted to ask whenever the hero promises the heroine or her loved ones that he would never allow tears to pool in her eyes!] Arnav is slowly but surely realizing that that his earlier unthinking actions have unforeseen repercussions: he had merrily gone on living life the way he pleased, not concerned with what others said or thought of him, but now his past has caught up with him… it has come back not only to haunt him but also to hurt an innocent like Khushi!

Trust Khushi to be the one with the strength of mind and the compassion to throw off her own fears and insecurities and try to distract Arnav by giving her madcap reflections full rein! Her roll call of infatuated boys brought back crazy memories of Bankelalji, the paanwala, her 'first love' who meant nothing… no wonder Arnav could only stare at her slack-jawed! "My ribs…," Khushi complained gently in his ear. His hold loosened... slightly. "Or wedding guests will ask why the bride is walking with an uneven gait." I don't think she's realised the double-entendre there! Arnav breaking down and showing his vulnerable side to Khushi is a bittersweet moment… in one of the previous parts you mentioned that she felt like his mother and his wife, wanting to keep him safe from all pain and sorrow…here she does that very thing by consoling him like a mother would a lost or hurt child: "It is alright, Arnavji," she comforted him. "We will manage. Somehow. As long as we love each other…," she whispered, running her fingers through the thick mass of his unruly hair. She knows that marriage survives not only on love but also on adjustment and compromise by both the parties involved!

sphobic thumbnail
smita di that was one of the best update of yours.i just enjoyed reading it.khushi has atlast said him all she wanted to say and know.
whatever we do and have become in present but the past always comes to haunt us ,so is the case with arnav .whatever he will do and if  he change himself completely than also their are something he cant change and he have to live with it.he can just try that his past does not affect his present and future .trust khushi to lighten the situation in such a tension filled atmosphere .i just love her.all in all and emotional and wonderfull update.

and rashmi di your interpretation was outstanding and it is an unvarnished truth 😆.i just cant say how much i enjoyed reading your interpretation. how much hardwork u put to explain it so well.i really appreciate it.thank you very for sharing your thoughts with us.keep going.

smita di continue soon.

Love!!!

Jyo.Arshi.IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
smita... we are waiting !! 😳
minakrish thumbnail
Intezaar.. Intezaar...

Aur kya hai ye pyaar..

Jhoot hi ye sahi.. Keh de wo ek baar!
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -Mrinalini-

Intezaar.. Intezaar...

Aur kya hai ye pyaar..

Jhoot hi ye sahi.. Keh de wo ek baar!

Will be a bit late tonight.

Smita

manikka thumbnail

Originally posted by: rulama

Smita,😊

Here is the interpretation to Section 8 of Part 19.

The question asked by Khushi had Arnav stumped and looked as though a Gayle force had hit him! He just stared at Khushi not knowing what to answer. Looking at his stunned face for a few moments, she laid her head on her pillow unable to keep her eyes open but waiting for his response. Khushi was all that he could utter. She asked him in a slurred voice, It is not possible for everyone to be hard-hearted and emotionless in a relationship is it? Arnav looked at her lying on her Buaji's creaking teak bed, the stars representing her parents that she had hung twinkling in the lamp light. She looked very young, very vulnerable very defenseless and exhausted beyond description. She started to ponder and talk haltingly in a low voice, Girl friend, boy friend, being in a relationship, anger, love, liking, hatred, even possessiveness,jealousy. All these are felt by all humans isn't it? It doesn't make any difference between those who are skimpy or nada clothed, they too feel everything that a middle class girl like her from a small town would feel, don't they? Arnav looked with his penetrating eyes and read a feeling of helplessness in it without a will to fight out.

She asked him how could he kiss Lisaji and then be indifferent now? Though  her voice was low, it reverberated to Arnav. She asked him with her innocent yet genuine curiosity, how could he kiss her without thinking of other women he had kissed?  Arnav felt tongue-tied. He did not have anything in reply to her queries. All he was capable off was just to stare at her in shock and silence. After a while she told stoically that, she knew this was too good to be true. As always it was a momentary happiness that would be inevitably followed by days together of heartache. That was the pattern of her life. There was no self pity in her voice just acceptance! Arnav with great difficulty swallowed his pain amid the muscle protest.

Khushi mused aloud that their marriage would be difficult as they were too different in their outlook. Arnav could only croak, Khushi while panic spread its tentacles and managed to say don't think like that. He wondered if she walked away from him what would he do. She assured very next moment that she was not saying that she would not marry him. But their life together would be quite difficult for both. Arnav protested against her thoughts saying, Khushi. She explained that it was difficult for him because she was queer and definitely unpredictable and peculiar much more than her buaji could ever think of. Arnav told her not to say such things. She said she was more than scared of loosing him, she's scared to leave him, she was scared of finding one day that she was alone with her world shattered to pieces and to feel loneliness of having no one in this big world. Hearing the sadness in her voice, Arnav, blinking his moist eyes to see her clearly, he pledged to her holding her hand to his heart, that she would never be alone again.

But Khushi was dry-eyed. She was neither asking promises nor seeking assurances. It was a self analysis exercise that she was doing with dispassionate eyes, without shying away from facts. She told him that she was like a creeper in his garden that needed support to stand upright. Arnav refuted her remarks and told her that she was not at all weak but on other hand she was the strongest and nicest person that he ever met endowed with all the goodness at heart. Khushi giving a humorless smile, shook her head and asked, what good did the good heart and goodness do? They were only making her lacerate and bawl her eyes out. They don't help her to live. He with a glint in his eyes warned her, not to talk so and demoralize herself.

Taking her hand in his he raised it to his lips and pressed it gently showing her that he adored her. She told him that it would be a difficult proposition to be in his world where lies, women and predators were predominant. He assured her that he'll make sure that she never comes across such situations. He swore that he would definitely take such steps.

She asked him how will he ensure such things? Was it by wiping out? deliberately kill all women who are foul-mouthed or silence all the gossip mongers. She told him that she does not think that even Arnav Singh Raizada's powerful network would be capable of doing it.

All Arnav could do was just stare at her feeling helpless and terrified. His life was quickly spiraling out of control. They gazed at each other seeing their pathway strewn with bitchy ladies, insecurities, tears and anguish. Arnav's was filled with distress. Unable to see him so, Khushi got up, crawled up to him on the bed, cupping his face with her dainty soft hands, she declared that it was all her fault. If only she had accepted Kanhaiyya Lal's love letter in 7th standard! Or Banke Bihari's love-filled missive in 10th standard! Or Kishorilal Mathur's love note hidden in her Physics notebook in 12thstandard! But it was too late now even to think of such things, making Arnav stare at her. Then her statements that, maybe if she had taken up all these boys declaring their love to her, she could by now have a long list of her boyfriends than his girl friends, had Arnav slack jawed. Khushi tapped his chin and told him that she knows that he takes maas machi while eating in teashops but was he used to consuming mosquitoes too? He looked at her smiling face for a second and pulled her into his arms and held her as tight as he could. She whispered her ribs, gently in his ear making him slacken his hold. Breathing in she told him or else it will be left to the guests to ponder why does the bride of Arnav Singh Raizada walk with an uneven gait? Arnav buried his head in the hollow of her neck and she felt his tears warm her silky smooth skin.

Running her fingers through the thick mass of his unruly hair, comforting him she whispered that it was alright Arnavji. They would manage somehow. They could do it as long as they loved each other and be with one another.

This update is about truth and it is straight forward, without any softening or decoration, as the plain UNVARNISHED TRUTH

Khushi's question on Lisa and Lavanya's behavior was itself a truth and was evident and also Arnav not having answers was also the truth.

"Everything you are used to, once done long enough,   starts to seem natural, even though it might not         be"

~ Julien Smith, The Flinch

Her stance that not everyone could be hard-hearted and emotionless in a relationship, was the truth.

Her analysis on human nature of attraction and the emotions connected with it that give out both good and bad vibes were the truth and it remained the same irrespective of class or creed was an unvarnished truth.

"Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to       those who feel"

~ Jean Racine

Her question how he could kiss one woman later be indifferent to her and how could he kiss her now and never think of all the other women whom he had kissed, though posed with curiosity, was also an unvarnished truth.

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference"

~ Elie Wiesel

Her stoic acceptance of how her life had been with a moment of joy to be followed by days of misery was an unvarnished truth.

"The more you know who you are, and what you          want, the less you let things upset you"

~ Stephanie Perkins

Khushi stating that their marriage would not be like that of any normal couple but would be strewn with lots of difficulties and needing a lot of adjustments as they both hail from different backgrounds, both were brought up in different environment, both had were poles apart in their outlook but the only thing that bound them was their love for each other, each complementing the other with love, understanding and strength. This was an unvarnished truth.

"We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As     sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds.       These backgrounds may not be particularly               enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless,   we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant   anything in it"

~ Chogyam Trungpa

Her crazy ways are bound to drive him nuts, but the fear of loosing him and waking up one day from this dream was what she was dreading. She had no such aspirations as to marry someone who was rich monetarily. Her aspirations had been for the person to be rich in feelings, who would be secure enough to give her the feeling of being loved,  being a part of a loving family and ensconced in its warmth. For her more than the economic aspect it was the human relationship that counted.

She who had been orphaned at the tender age of ten found this to be a more relevant factor in life. In fact she was mature beyond her age. This was an unvarnished truth.

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest           aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look       up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to   follow where they lead"

~ Louisa May Alcott

Khushi in her eyes was weak and knew she needed to toughen herself if she had to survive in his world. Though Arnav told her that she was strong she knew she had a lot to learn and change to be able to face his world without getting hurt. That was a fact and the need to toughen against onslaught from others was an unvarnished truth.

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the           world to do. But to hold it together when everyone     else would understand if you fell apart, that's true     strength"

Arnav telling Khushi to be the strongest person that he came across was also a fact, but that strength of hers lay in her values and ideals. That was certainity. But while facing the vile intentions of others she was kind of a lamb, defenseless. That was reality. The goodness and her heart that always strummed to the need of others though were her plus points they became her drawback while dealing with people who were hell bent only on destruction. The need to strengthen herself was an unvarnished truth.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,     while loving someone deeply gives you courage"

~ Lao Tzu

Living with him was bound to expose her to many types of people who would not leave any stone turned to get rid of her or just for their fun or out of vengeance. Being subjected to such things, would be the hassles that come along with the perks of being Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada. Though Arnav vowed to protect her, she knew it was impossible for him to succeed in that mission of his. Only one who could combat it, was herself. Though it would take time for her to be able to handle it, and it would take toll on their lives, them being in love and together would enable them to come out of all such perils. That was the unvarnished truth.

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in   looking outward together in the same direction"

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Khushi telling that she should have accepted the love letters from various boys and that, would have made her having more boyfriends than him having girlfriends left him slack jawed. When he realized she had said it in jest,  he was a relieved man. For a moment he must have felt what exactly she feels when she thinks about or sees his ex-es. He would also have realized that life with her around would always be filled with fun along with seriousness. That was the unvarnished truth.

"When we change our thoughts, we will change our     experiences"

~ Michael Thomas Sunnarborg

What an update with beads of   strung together!

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it.

nice one di...

loved it...

but di this title really reminds me of a bitter-sweet memory of my childhood...😆😆...

UNVARNISHED TRUTH...😊..."varnish"
back the time i was 11 or 12 years old, my pappa kept a big bottle of varnish...and i attracted to its smell trying to find out wht tht honey colored thing is...trying to open it with my hand and it opened with such a force tht i couldn't handle tht big can🤢..and bathed with tht sticky.. yucky thing...frm head to upper half..🤢🤢...
and mommy did my mundan.👏.👏...my long hair...gone...😳😳...to get rid of its stickiness..😕...but still it smells too good...😆😆

thnks for the PM di...
Edited by manikka - 11 years ago
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Jyo.Arshi.IPK

smita... we are waiting !! 😳

Posted Part 19, Section 9.

Smita

rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Finding Khushi

Part 19 

Section 9

"Garima, we will have to arrange the money for Titliyaa's marriage soon, Nandkisore. And get the jewellery polished...", Buaji said, carefully picking a black grain from a heap of uncooked rice on a plate and throwing it away.

"Haan, Jiji. We will have to pledge Gomti Sadan...", Garima said, sighing.

Buaji nodded slowly. "There is no other way, Nandkisore! Such a good boy! Such a good family! And they like each other so much! Garima, I almost fainted when Arnav Babua gave me the papers to this house, Nandkisore!"

"Haan, Jiji. He is kind and good. We have to make sure that the wedding is up to their standards..."

Buaji nodded, setting the plate of rice aside.

Khushi, who had returned home to take her phone, stood listening to them, and then left without making a sound.

That evening, Khushi declared, "I am going to sell sweets, Buaji."

"Hein?", Buaji frowned. "In Arnav Bitwaa's house?"

Khushi laughed. "No. Here."

"Hai Re Nandkisore! Garima, your laadli's brain has flown out through the window... phuuurrr...", Buaji exclaimed.

"Khussi! Kaa bak rahi ho?", asked Garima.

Babuji looked at Khushi anxiously.

She smiled and said, "I asked Munshiji if I could work from 7 in the morning to 2 at noon, instead of 10 to 5 as I am supposed to. He said it was alright."

"So?", Buaji asked.

"Now I have half the day to spare, Buaji. I talked to Happyji & Bediji. They said I can use the space next to their garage just like we did before. But this time, I won't make many types of sweets, Buaji. I will make only one. And that too, only in small quantities, mainly for the devotees who come to the temple in Laxmi Nagar in the evening.", Khushi smiled.

"You will become a halwai, Nandkisore?", asked Buaji, her hand on her head.

"I am a halwai, Buaji." Khushi tied her thin towel around her head, and pranced about with a ladle. "I look like one, don't I, Babuji?"

Babuji smiled.

"And where will you get the money for your shop, hein?", Buaji asked.

"I have it, Buaji. From my salary.", Khushi reassured her.
 "I have already told everyone in the neighbourhood. I want to start tomorrow, Buaji, Amma, Babuji, because it is Friday and many people come to see Devi Maiyya on Friday. So we should be able to do good business. Soon we can get back your bangle that we pledged to make sweets earlier, Buaji."

Buaji looked at Amma and Babuji.

"Acha? What does Arnav Babua think of this halwai plan of yours, Sanka Devi?", she asked.

"Nothing.", Khushi said.

"Nothing, Nandkisore?", Buaji asked sceptically.

Khushi laughed. "How can he think anything when he knows nothing about it?"

All gaped at her.

"I am going to tell him now.", she took her phone and went to her bedroom.

Buaji sank into a chair. "This girl will drive poor Arnav Babua crazy!"

"Arnavji, I am going to make jalebis.", Khushi declared.

Arnav blinked. "You are upset, Khushi?", he asked anxiously.

Khushi burst out laughing. "No, Arnavji. I am going to become a businessman like you. No, not a businessman, a businesswoman."

"Uughhh...?"

"I am going to start Satwik Mistaan Bhandaar near Bediji's garage.", she declared cheerfully.

"Khushi... why?", he finally asked.

Khushi sighed. "Arnavji, my job in the godown will come to an end in a couple of months. You see, I was employed to enter the details in the files in the godown on to spreadsheets. At the pace I am going now, the job will be over soon."

"We can advance our wedding, Khushi...", Arnav got in, hoping that she would say 'yes'.

Khushi laughed. "Why should we advance our wedding, Arnavji? I am having so much fun now.", she teased him.

"Khushi...", he warned her.

"You send me red roses regularly, call me many times every day, take me out in the evenings sometimes, buy me channa and ber, say such sweet, sweet things ... Why should I give up all this to marry you?", she teased him.

"Don't test my patience, Khushi...", he growled.

She laughed.

"Tum has rahi ho...? Haso. You can laugh as I am not in the same room with you. If I were, you wouldn't be laughing, Khushi...", Arnav drawled in his husky voice.

Khushi blushed. 

She quickly gathered the remains of her dignity together, and declared, "Anyway, I don't want to sit at home doing nothing after we get married, Arnavji. So I thought I will start a sweetshop."

"Khushi, if you want to work, you can always join my office...", he offered.

"No, thank you. I have had enough of your files and laptops.", Khushi smiled.

"Khushi, I will arrange training for you. You can learn to design dresses...", Arnav offered.

Khushi burst out laughing. "Me! Chamkili! Designing dresses for the models!!!", she gasped. "No, no, Arnavji! That's too cruel! What do you have against your models? I have no sense of fashion..."

"Khushi, are you sure you want to start a sweetshop?", Arnav asked.

"Ji. I like making sweets.", she said.

"OK. Let Aman pick an upscale locality for you. We can decide on space for rent or purchase... employees to help you... Are you sure you don't want to do it in my office, Khushi? We can have your outlet in the canteen..."

"No, thank you, Arnavji. And I don't want you to disturb Amanji. I will do my business across the road from Buaji's house.", she said.

"Khushi...", Arnav protested.

"Arnavji, let me start small..."

"Let me fund you'"

"Let me do it on my own..."

"You don't have to do everything on your own...", Arnav said urgently.

"I know. I know, Arnavji, that when ever my step falters, you will be there to catch me.", she said, her sweet voice quelling the turmoil in his heart.

Arnav sighed. "Khushi, I miss you..."

Khushi smiled. "I miss you too, Arnavji, even though we meet daily. But... but I need the 5 months. Let me set up the shop. Let it start making a profit. Then I can work part-time there and Buaji & Amma can take over. It will give them a steady source of income even after you carry me away in the doli."

"Khushi, let me make a monthly allowance...", Arnav offered.

"No, Arnavji. They won't like it. The house that you bought for Buaji... even that was too much, according to them. This way is better. Let me do it.", Khushi pleaded.

Arnav sighed.

"Arnavji, Amanji called today. He said that you summoned Pamji & Simji to your office and shouted at them!", Khushi said slowly, not wanting to make him angry.

"I did."

"And... and that you dismissed them...", she said softly.

"I did. Nobody hurts you and gets away with it. They won't find a job in this industry in this country. I will see to it."

"Arnavji...", Khushi protested.

"No appeals in this regard will be entertained, Khushi...", Arnav Singh Raizada declared.

Khushi wisely kept silent.

A few weeks later, Arnav walked into Buaji's house at night to see Khushi counting money.

"I am going to be very rich, Arnavji.", she laughed, talking around the jalebi in her mouth. "Soon I will have to employ someone to count the money!", she joked.

Arnav smiled to see the childish glee on her face, and sat by her.

Khushi leaned over and kissed him soundly on his cheek.

Arnav looked at her, happy and surprised.

"I don't know how or why, Mr. Raizada, but many of your acquaintances & employees seem to be dropping in to buy sweets from me...", she quirked an eyebrow expecting an answer from him. 

He hid a smile. Well, he had dropped in a word for her... And Aman had mentioned it to a few people... What could he do if his employees were a fan of her sweets?

"Mamiji's friends are giving me orders for their kitty parties. I am making prasad for Anjaliji & Nani's satsangs. And will you believe it, Arnavji? They are having satsangs daily these days!!!!", Khushi laughed into his eyes.

Arnav could not keep from chuckling.

"Nanheji came to buy sweets, bringing Jiju, Jiji, & Mamaji with him. Now only Hari Prakashji & Laxmiji are left!", she chuckled.

Part 19 Section 8: 81348913 Part 20: 81520538 

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Smita,😊

Here is the interpretation to Section 9 of Part 19.

Buaji who was cleaning the raw rice, picked up a black grain from the heap on the plate and throwing it away called Garima and told her that, they would have to arrange the money for Titaliyaa's marriage and get the jewels polished. Garima said with a sigh that, they'll have to mortgage Gomti Sadan to get the requisite amount as that was the only solution. Buaji agreed with her with a slow nod and replied that there was no other option left for them. Arnav Babua was such a good boy and a good match for her Titaliya. Both love each other and the family too is good! She told Garima that she was surprised, when Arnav Babua gave her the papers to their house, and it had her in a tizzy! Garima concurred with her and said, Arnav Bitwa is really kind and good. They had to make sure that the wedding would be befitting. Buaji nodded setting the plate of rice aside. Khushi, who had returned home to retrieve the phone that she had left behind, listened to their conversation, and quietly let herself out.

That evening saw Khushi declare to Buaji that, she would be going into halwaii business. When a surprised Buaji asked her in Arnav Bitwaa's house? Khushi laughed and and told her, not there but here at Laxminagar. Buaji, invoking the name of her favorite diety, Nandkisore, told Garima that her beloved daughter has lost her brains. It seemed to have sprouted wings and flown out through the window. Garima too who was taken aback, asked her, what was she talking?, with Babuji looking at her anxiously. She smiled and said that, she had adjusted her work timings with Munshiji and shifted it from 10~5 to 7~2. Buaji who couldn't follow what she meant questioned her so? Khushi answered her saying that, now she has half a day to spare and she had already arranged with Happyji and Bediji for the use of space next to their garage like before. But this time, she would be preparing only one type of sweet and not many like the earlier time and that too only in small quantities and her customers would mainly be the devotees who come to the temple in LaxmiNagar in the evening. Buaji who couldn't believe what she heard with her hands holding her head, asked her in the name of Nandkisore, whether she intends to become a halwai?

Khushi told her that she was a halwai and tying a thin towel around her, prancing around with a ladle she asked her Babuji who was a halwai before he took ill, that she looks like one doesn't she? Babuji  smiled at his darling daughter, Khushi. Buaji who was practical asked her in her ortund voice, where would she get the money for her shop? Khushi had her answer ready and reassured Buaji that she was self financing it with the savings from her salary. She had already spread the word in their neighbourhood that she would be starting her venture. She wanted to start it the next day itself as it was Friday, an auspicious day, the day dedicated to Godess Lakshmi, provider of wealth, the day many devotees visit Devi Maiyya's temple. So it should be a profitable venture and she told Buaji that they should be able to retrieve her bangle that they had pawned earlier to fund the sweet making. Her explanation made Buaji look at Shashi and Garima. Buaji asked her Sanka Devi, so what was Arnav Babua's reaction? What does he have to say about this plan of hers? Khushi said nothing making Buaji say sceptically, nothing Nandkisore? Khushi suppressing the mirth that bubbled inside her said, how can he think anything when he knows nothing about it? All gaped at her saucy answer. Taking her phone she answered on her way to her room that she was going to inform him then itself. Buaji overcome by Khushi's crazy but cute behavior, slid her ample body into a chair and said, that girl, her Sanka Devi is bound to drive Arnav Babua insane!

Khushi declared to Arnav on the phone that, she was going to make jalebi's. Arnav who knew that it was her stress buster blinked and asked her, whether she was upset? There was a note of anxiety in his voice. Khushi with a peal of laughter told him that, she was not upset but would become a businessman like him and corrected herself to say no,no, not a businessman but a businesswoman. All Arnav could utter was Uughhh? With relief.  She cheerfully told him that she would be starting Satwik Mistaan Bhandaar near Bediji's garage. Finally Arnav was able to ask her why?

Heaving a sigh, Khushi told him that she was appointed at the go down to prepare soft copies of the details that were in the form of hard copies and at the pace she works, it would get over in a couple of months time. Hearing her explanation, Arnav with a hope filled voice, that very much wanted to hear a yes, told her that they could prepone their wedding. Khushi with a laugh told him, Why should they prepone it when she was having a whale of a time, now. Arnav warned her Khushi, but she, without heeding the tenor of his voice, teased him saying that, she gets a regular delivery of red rose sent by him, he takes her out in the evenings on date, sometimes buys her favorite peanuts and jujube fruits and utters sweet nothings. When she had so much going on for her why would she give it up to marry him? Arnav who was frustrated at her thwarting every attempt on his part for an early marriage, growled at her asking her not to test his patience. Hearing the irritation in his voice, the naughty minx cracked up. Hearing her laugh, Arnav with a deep husky voice making Khushi's skin tingle, asked her whether she was laughing? He asked her to laugh all she wanted, as she could only because he was not present there. If he was, then she would not have been laughing. His statement made her blush to the roots. Gathering her wits together she declared with dignity that, after the marriage she did not want to sit at home idling away the time. So she had thought of starting the sweet shop.

Arnav offered her that, if she was keen to work she could join his office.No thank you. She had enough of files and laptop was Khushi's answer that was given with a smile. Arnav offered an alternative saying that he could get her trained to design clothes. Khushi let out a peal of laughter and said with a gasp, She! Chamkili! Designing dresses for the models!! No, no, that was cruel! She asked him what grudge was he holding against his models to think of her designing clothes for them. She had no sense of fashion. Arnav asked her whether she was absolutely sure of wanting to start a sweet shop. She said that she was and she liked making sweets. Hearing her say so, he agreed to it and said that, he would ask Aman to choose a good location for the shop in an upscale locality. Once the site was zeroed on, they could decide whether to buy it outright or lease it and the staff to help her could be employed. He asked her whether she was sure that she didn't want to locate it in his office building.Then she could have her outlet in the canteen. She, thanking him for his offer said, No, Thank you, she did not want to disturb Amanji. She would do her business right across the road from her Buaji's house.

When Arnav protested Khushi, she trying to explain to him said, let her begin it in a small way. Arnav cut in and asked her to allow him to fund it but she said she would like to do it on her own. Arnav told her that she need not do everything on her own, trying to convince her that he was there for her to shoulder the burden. She answered sweetly in a soft voice quelling his worried heart saying that, she knows Arnavji, that whenever she falters he would be there to catch her, support her. Arnav with a sigh told her that he missed her. Khushi with a smile told him that, she too misses him even though they meet daily. But she needed the five months. She said let her set up her enterprise and start making a profit. Then she could work part-time and her Amma and Buaji could take over. It would give them a steady source of income even after she was carried away by him as his bride, in a palanquin. Arnav replied that he could make a monthly allowance for them but Khushi pleaded with him saying that they won't like it. The house that he bought for Buaji was by itself a deed beyond the call of duty and found that it had made them indebted to him. So her way of doing things was a much better option, an option they would embrace later without any hesitation. She could hear Arnav sigh. Khushi told him that Amanji had called her and said that he had summoned Pamji and Simji to his office and shouted at them. Khushi spoke slowly in a soft voice testing waters, wanting to know how he would take it. She did not want to confront an angry lion right now. When he said he did, she ventured on softly to say that he had dismissed them. He declared that he did and nobody would hurt her and get away with it. And a determined Arnav stated that they will not be able to find a job in this industry in this country and he would see to it. When Khushi protested Arnavji, he told her in a stern voice that it was a case not open for discussion and no appeals on the judgement would be entertained. It was a cut and dry declaration. Khushi wisely kept her counsel to herself.

A few weeks later, Arnav walked into Buaji's house at night to see Khushi happily counting moolah. She laughed and told him biting into the succulent jalebi that she would become very rich and in a jestful vein said that soon she would have to employ people just to count the cash! The childish glee on her face made him smile while he took a seat beside her. Khushi leaned over and kissed him soundly on his cheek. It was a surprise gift for him that pleased him very much.

She told him that she doesn't know how or why but many of his acquaintances and employees seem to be dropping in to buy sweets from her. Hooking up her eyebrow in a question mark she waited for him to answer. He hid a smile. He had dropped in a word for her, and Aman had mentioned it to a few people. What could he do if his employees were a fan of her sweets?

Khushi laughing at his silence and holding his eyes, told him that, orders have been pouring in from Mamiji's friends for their kitty parties. She had been making Prasad for Anjaliji and Nani's satsangs and he wouldn't believe it that, these satsangs are being conducted everyday these days.

Arnav could not help himself from chuckling at the way she had put it and was glad that she had not rejected this form of help. Chuckling deeply she continued to say that, Nanheji had come to buy sweets from her and he had dragged in Jiju, Jiji and Mamaji too with him. Now, only Hari Prakashji and Laxmiji were left from buying out her sweets!

This update is about revealing matters and I am going to title it UNFOLD.

We see at first, Garima and Buaji conversing about making arrangements to procure funds for Khushi's marriage. They know when they are getting a boy with golden heart for a son-in-law, they don't want finance problem to mess up the relation. So they solve their problem by thinking of mortgaging Gomti Sadan to get the requisite amount. Buaji explains  her surprise and the largesse of Arnav by giving her the papers of the house they reside. They feel indebted to him for such a wonderful gesture and resolve to give him and Khushi a befitting wedding.

This was an indication of their thoughts as well as Arnav's. They think very highly of Arnav and he thinks them as his family. He has accepted Khushi's family as his. This exposed the mindset of Arnav, Buaji and Garima.

"Family is not about blood relationships, it is about     the meaning behind them. I realize now that               sharing chromosomes is not the only way to having   a family, it is about the friendship behind it"

~ Sarah Dessen

Khushi who has overheard their conversation too decides to resolve their predicament. It reveals her attachment to her foster family. She too could have gone and got married like Payal without much thought to the family that nurtured her like their own. She is made of a different stuff and it divulges that her heart and mind rule equally.

"Mostly it is loss which teaches us about the worth of   things"

~ Arthur Schopenhauer,                                              Parerga and Paralipomena

That evening, she disclosed to her family that with adjustments made with her work at godown she has spare time and she would become a sweet-maker, a halwai, and she would work in the space next to the garage beside their house. She reveals with this venture, her resolve to procure the bangle of Buaji, that had been pawned earlier and she would stick to preparing only one sweet that would be bought by devotees who go to the temple.

"It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we   must do what is required"

~ Winston Churchill

When she informs Arnav of her wanting to work as a halwai he confirms whether it was what she really wanted. Arnav tries to give her the option of working in his office, getting trained as a designer  but she is resolute in her desire of wanting to be a halwai. And when she confirms it he tries to help her out with the premises and manpower. He reveals his thoughts on her venture.

"Non nobis solum nati sumus.                                       (Not for ourselves alone are we born)"

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

He even tells her about preponing their wedding when she says that her work at the go down would be over in about two months. She says that she really needs that extra time of 5 months as she had some essential things to look into. She even brings in jest, saying why should she give up the dating aspect of their life when she enjoyed it very much, much to his amusement as well as frustration! This was also her resolution to enjoy her life to its fullest while fulfilling her duties too. This divulges that she would heed his reasoning only when necessary, and would always have her own stand.

She explains to him that she needed to do it by herself and in small scale and that too right beside her house. She tells him why she resolved to do so. She explains that it would help her parents and Buaji to be on their feet and have a comfortable income after they get married. Arnav discovers a devoted daughter who always has the welfare of her family at the back of her mind.

"A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a           friend"

She rejects his offer of allowance in a sweet manner saying, that would make them uncomfortable and feel indebted to him more than, they already feel they are. This shows how much she values, dignity and self respect. Even after agreeing to marry him, she thinks about her parents and their comfort. She does not want the society to point it's finger at them saying that they are living off on their son-in-law's wealth. That is her resolve and exposes the protective nature of her's.

"Self-respect is the root of discipline: The sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself"

~ Abraham Joshua Heschel

Arnav with his offer of helping out, giving her various ideas reveals that he is always with her in anything she does and, all he needs is her by his side. He realizes her need of being able to stand on her own feet so that when she slowly hands over the business  when its successful  to her Amma and Buaji they don't feel indebted to him. This reveals the change in him to give her ample space to work things out.

"Service to others in their time of need is a privilege   and an honor"

~ Harley King

When she speaks about him punishing Pam and Sim, he tells her his decision is irrevocable and she has no say whatever in that matter. It revealed  his resolve never to let anyone go scot-free after hurting her. It could be interpreted as his warning to others as well as Lisa. It divulged  the fact that, there would be a time for Lisa and when the eventual comeuppance happens it would be worth the wait!

"Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banquet   of consequences" 

~ Robert Louis Stevenson

After a few weeks when Arnav entered GH he was greeted by a laughing Khushi who was counting money while munching her favorite, Jalebi. Her ever increasing income had put her in a happy frame of mind and she revealed whom she had to thank for it. With Arnav and the family sending out messages that her Jalebi's were good she had a thriving business of catering sweets for kitty parties, prasad for Satsangs and people dropping in for purchase for their own use. She even had NK, Akash, Payal and Mamaji buying from her and the only left in the family were HP and Laxmi!

"If you want to support others you have to stay           upright yourself"

~ Peter Hoeg

This revealed that Arnav's resolve to make her venture a success and unfold the fact that she being a halwai made no difference to him. He was not for fashionable girls with many boyfriends as declared by Lisa. He wanted only Khushi and that too right beside him. Her happiness was of utmost importance to him. And he was ready to help in her venture by putting in a word with his acquaintances and employees about her sweet shop. This was his way of showing his unconditional love.

"The greatest gift that you can give to others is the       gift of unconditional love and acceptance"

~ Brian Tracy

When he received a surprise kiss on his cheek, it also revealed to him that she was not averse to give him a surprise or two and he was not the only one capable of kissing whenever he felt like. It explained her feelings and she had started to display her emotions as she had felt comfortable with him and was thrilled to have him beside her. She too likes to see him happy all the time.

Finally she made him burst out in laughter with her comments on Hari Prakashji and Laxmiji!

"You can give without loving, but you cannot love        without giving"

~ Amy Carmichael

It disclosed her resolve to trust in Arnav and not in Lisa and women of such caliber. This made him, happy and her, serene and happy.

"Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the       former course is silly, the latter a mark of                   prudence"

~ Democritus

It also revealed that for Khushi to be happy she needed her family and the people surrounding her to be happy.

It also divulged that for Arnav to be happy he needs Khushi to be happy and in touch with his heart.

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say,       and what you do are in harmony"

~ Mahatma Gandhi

It was a discovery of how the mind works in both Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Kumari Gupta and how they complement each other.

"Most people believe the mind to be a mirror, more   or less accurately reflecting the world outside them,   not realizing on the contrary that the mind is itself     the principal element of creation"

~ Rabindranath Tagore

That's why I have termed it UNFOLD.

"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are       tiny matters compared to what lives within us"

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago