Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Its SCRIPTED BIG TIME...

I used to love the orginal series which aired on BBC Entertainment..."Come Dine with Me"...
That was on non-celebs...And 4 people per party...As per the concept of that show...They get a lot of money "For cooking-buying the ingredients"...I bet these people are also given...they are just not telling us...But those people were playing for price money...I think 10,000$ was the price money...

It was muchhh better shot...the fights were there too...but they behaved much better...Mostly they used  have ppl from different backgrounds like - A chinese, An african, An Indian and An American...Strangely...A LOT of NRI's featured on it...Hahaha...
Edited by togepe30 - 11 years ago
bangles thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I want the show to stop too unless they change tactics and focus on cooking and hosting in a non drama inducing fashion- asap.

I hope other celebs will think carefully before signing up for a show that will potentially show them in a bad light.
bangles thumbnail
We have enough drama happening in our daily soaps.
I want this show to focus on cooking, hosting , entertaining your guests and showing respect  and behaving well with your host and other guests.
 There is bound to  be some  drama/ story  that unfolds naturally when a group  of people  meet each other over a period of 5 days. But that should not be the main  focus of the show and this ceratinly should not be scripted or induced. 
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: bangles

We have enough drama happening in our daily soaps.

</div>I want this show to focus on cooking, hosting , entertainingyour guests and showing respect and behaving well with your host and otherguests.<div>
There is bound to be some drama/ story that unfolds naturallywhen a group of people meet each other over a period of 5 days. But that should not be the main focus of the show and thisceratinly should not be scripted or induced.

They need trps...
Who wants to watch a rajshri movie with all sweetness or a cookery show...

I think they dont show the cooking coz these ppl are not the ones cooking...I highly doubt they can cook...Maybe sum can but not all...the original show used to capture the whole cooking process in just 1 hr...for 4 ppl...these ppl hav 5 days...the main show was an episodic...showing all 4 dinner parties same day...nd was very well made...

They didnt have any host...only the narrator...who was really funny unlike this one... 🤢Edited by togepe30 - 11 years ago
bangles thumbnail

Originally posted by: togepe30

They need trps...
Who wants to watch a rajshri movie with all sweetness or a cookery show...

I think they dont show the cooking coz these ppl are not the ones cooking...I highly doubt they can cook...Maybe sum can but not all...the original show used to capture the whole cooking process in just 1 hr...for 4 ppl...these ppl hav 5 days...the main show was an episodic...showing all 4 dinner parties same day...nd was very well made...

They didnt have any host...only the narrator...who was really funny unlike this one... 🤢

Perhaps the makers of the Indian show are underestimating their audience... they think only maslafied ( pun not intented) , scripted, drama induced shows work... .. they must not insult the intelligence of the audience.. the TRPs for this  show are  very poor despite attempts to spice things up with fights etc.,

So what have they got to lose now anyway... perhaps they must start focussing on the actual cooking  part too as it was in the original show... why not try something different for a change without the predictable drama?