Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

hi durga,
this is lovely. did you write this? be-khauff hawaaon.

Yes, I did, Indi. Hope it is the correct word. I am not an expert in Urdu, but whatever I know, I learnt from the innumerable Hindi film songs. 😊 

I wanted an adjective for hawa, so wondered what Arnav thought about the winds. He could scold La for reminding him of Khushi. He could throw away those pearls which reminded him of her. But, what about those winds which came un-informed, blowing dupattas and curtains, constantly reminding him of Khushi. Surely, he must be angry on the winds as well, wondering how dare they do that. Of course, the wind had no fear of the great ASR, it could blow anytime and anywhere, playing with his feelings, awakening certain feelings in him without any khauff, fear. So, the word be-khauff hawaayen.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Yes, I did, Indi. Hope it is the correct word. I am not an expert in Urdu, but whatever I know, I learnt from the innumerable Hindi film songs. 😊 

I wanted an adjective for hawa, so wondered what Arnav thought about the winds. He could scold La for reminding him of Khushi. He could throw away those pearls which reminded him of her. But, what about those winds which came un-informed, blowing dupattas and curtains, constantly reminding him of Khushi. Surely, he must be angry on the winds as well, wondering how dare they do that. Of course, the wind had no fear of the great ASR, it could blow anytime and anywhere, playing with his feelings, awakening certain feelings in him without any khauff, fear. So, the word be-khauff hawaayen.

i love it. πŸ‘. beautiful piece of writing. such talent. and i see supriya is having fun with your words and her pictures. delightful.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chalhov

Indi

Yes Chotey and Nani do have a good relation especially where Anjili's welfare is concerned they support each other other day it was when Shyam wanted to buy a new house remember Nani came to him 1st  when Dadi ran away from her Ashram and both go to search for her.With Anjili its always more of chotey and puja .

Liked your point on mama Mami lau story it never came out except when MIL taunts her we learn bits and pieces

Yes the gold digger Khushi refused to take sweets for RH party but was persuaded by Jiji to take the sweets  .

Rabba vey dono nahi hai its only imagination working overtime for them.πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

hi chalhov,
thanks for reading and it's true what you say about that special relationship between grandma and grandson. mama mami lau story, would have been fun i think. πŸ˜†. gold digger khushi? i guess you meant to say the non-gold digger 😳. and boy, is imagination working overtime... especially mine. 🀣

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: chalhov

Looks very good in blue probably keeps him cool with all the phangurls around Nice collage bit reference out of context as its a blast from the present not past.πŸ˜†

Just had a thought, wanted to share. What if there was a person, who had not seen IPK, met Barun in Kenya, saw the craze around him and then went home and started to watch IPK, what would be his reaction? He would never be able to believe what he would see on screen and would be blown over after meeting ASR. He would never be able to believe that he is the same person that he met. I can imagine what his facial expressions would be. πŸ˜† 
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndfan30

Indi,

I feel like pink today..hence your words are colored pink :)

Episode 53

why do stars fall down from the sky
every time, you walk by
just like me they long to be
close to you

love these lines.. so pretty :)  πŸ‘

buaji's husband. was there more to that story, why the four quirky photographs otherwise?

Chalo Indi, let us add another hidden story to be searched, opened, explored in IPK2.  Buaji's past added to the list consisting of Shyam's, Khushi's and ASR's past.  Easily 300 episodes worth of story telling.  πŸ˜†

arre pyaar me dil pe maar de goli le le meri jaan
teri na mein chhupa hai haan haan haan haan.

Does this song signify something related to khushi and ASR mindset right now.. na na na => ha ha ha

mollified, buaji joined in, and so did the ever diffident payal. reminded me of that day right in the beginning when khushi's action had led to payal's wedding being called off. then too she had burst into dance and carried the family with her.
Nice flashback, Indi.  ya, khushi way of bringing in positivity amidst sadness is song and dance.

I loved how payal and khushi look in this episode. real. no gloss, no lipstick, just plain like it should be !  yet so pretty :)

not at all a believer in the "rona dhona" default setting of most women in our media, khushi has a refreshingly contemporary attitude toward life, her faith in tradition and ritual notwithstanding.

there's no shadow of "abala naari," helpless woman, clinging to this sprightly young woman. she's not rich, she's not from an upper class back ground, she's not "cool" (though he was right later to call her the coolest person he knows), she's not a son. but she is all of herself. upbeat, fearless, ready to take a chance, and supremely positive. the dukh bhari dastaan struck women's portrayal could learn something from her.

Indi, I am rona dhona ing here.  I want this sprightly young woman back along with the cool headed handsome young man

why can't a curtain just be a curtain, why must it remind one of a playful, intrusive dupatta? one that touched him, caressed him, never seemed to want to leave him. yet she was going, hamesha ke liye. and he was just falling, falling upon her, into her her eyes, falling through.

lavanya walked in and broke his reverie. his real world needed attention. his girlfriend needed a goodnight kiss, but he was so wrapped up in that darned dupatta.

the evening was saved by naniji and her trusted lieutenant, lakshmiji. naniji fired a couple of rounds and the goli marna seemed to work.

a note:

asr was important. not only because he was hot, handsome, troubled, but because he had a universal appeal. somewhere in many of us a bit of him, something a little broken, a longing for something afar, a perfection, a completeness. a huge thanks to barun sobti for making him so real and breathing. every feeling he conveyed i knew in some corner of me, sign of a deeply written and expressed character. this morning my niece of 19 smsed, i am missing asr. no it wasn't just about good looks, there was so much more.

πŸ‘

Indi, all this is making me nostalgic ! I too long for this magnificant creature and his pagalsi soulmate... there can never be another pair like these two. 

lovely analysis.  the pics decorated your beautiful words and the entire piece was complete :)

thanks, ritu,

ok, that bold pink underlined bit, that's a carpenter's song from the mid seventies. i was only 13 or something when i heard it first, got stuck in the head.

yes yes... we demand buaji and phuphaji's pyaar and mama mami's pyaar, both equally difficult to name in ipk 2. topics needed. sure to give us better tracks than sheetal and mrs india. πŸ˜†

thanks for your comments, all valid and niiice. paagalsi needs to be back, minus makeup overload and bump on head, with mojri. and that arrogant devil of a man you can't help but love and love and you know...
i miss them tooo.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndfan30

ohh..talking about hindi movies ..Indi you have made me go back and listen to the song 'khilte hai gul yahan'.  here is the link http://www.in.com/music/track-khilte-hain-gul-yahan-48641.html

pyaasa hai dil sanam .. pyaasi ye raat hai..honto mein dhabhi dhabi koyi meeti bhaat hai

beautiful lyrics beautiful music beautiful voices and beautiful actors.  What more to ask for ?  I always liked shashi kapoor.. he was one handsome hero :)

hi cynthia, durga, ritu,

glad you all had so much fun with the hindi film bit. tell you i've often tried to deny its influence on me, but truth is, its part of environment, of growing up, of may be even some deeply held ideas. and always fun. never took itself too seriously, never did become pompous in sound or feel, and never stopped taking risks. love that part of it.

cynthia, i used to so want to see kissing and other scenes, never available those days, but today when i see it even on disney channel, something really distasteful in the brazen physicality all the time. takes so much away from romance and dreamy eyed lau. but of course there are great films from the west and many mindless movies from this side of the planet. do watch some good old "fillums," hindi or in other indian languages, they have a diff texture. and lots of song and dance. i just saw a new release "special 26." rather nice. πŸ˜ƒ

thanks for the "junglee" take, chahe koi mujhe junglee kahe... aw saira and shammi in the snow gamboling. she was so pretty in that peachy shalwar, and he uncontrollable as always.

ritu, mmm my hero, what a handsome boy he used to be. and devoted to his jennifer. shashi kapoor was the only one for whom my dil used to dhak dhak as a kid. just so good looking. and sometimes a rather fine actor too. what more can one ask for. here's the man and the song and crazy setting of the seventies (1971), my husband used to like the heroine (yeah we never said female lead), rakhee.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571G9MzqgNU[/YOUTUBE]
credit: uploader

indi52 thumbnail
Episode 58

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUKj8i2zL8[/YOUTUBE]

First telecast Monday, 22 August, 2011

Alternate links

Youtube link with English subtitles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL1Qxnlsg1E

Credit for the videos: Respective uploaders

P.S.- Silent viewers come forward and discuss your favorite show one last time because it is our chance to Re-live IPKKND!

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

hi chalhov,
thanks for reading and it's true what you say about that special relationship between grandma and grandson. mama mami lau story, would have been fun i think. πŸ˜†. gold digger khushi? i guess you meant to say the non-gold digger 😳. and boy, is imagination working overtime... especially mine. 🀣

Gold digger Khushi according to ASR and Mami πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ paise ke liye tum jaisi ladkiya kuch bhi kar sakti haiEdited by chalhov - 11 years ago
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DurgaS

I have no words to praise all of you, who have been writing these lovely reviews, you all are just awesome. Motiyaan luta rahe ho sab ke sab. Each review is like a precious pearl. Outstanding. πŸ‘ 

AH, your symbolisms are mindblowing. Seriously, how do u do it? Pearls, numbers, colours, anklets, etc.; your research is just wow. Keep it up.

BD or shall I call u Ami like everyone - Arnav aur Khushi hamesha saath rahenge  - that scene brought back memories of those troubled days. It was the time when the creatives were making plans to separate Arnav and Khushi, I wasn't so tensed even when Dadi and Shyam tried to do the same. But when that scene came, I felt it was like a balm for my worried heart. I actually relaxed after that and started to believe that let whatever happen, these two will definitely be together in the end. I always wondered if that line was put in as a message to the fans, because instead of saying hum, he said Arnav aur Khushi, as if to convey that their love story will be unharmed. 😊 

Awww thanks Durga,appreciate it! of course you can call  me Ami πŸ˜Š That scene " Arnav Khusi hamesha saath" i remember thinking exactly what you were thinking. such and emotional rollar coaster it was before he said that. It was absolutely a shout out to the fans, thought not sure why they said that and then shot the death scene😑 but This scene and Bankelal are the best things that came out of Sheetal track πŸ˜†
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

i love it. πŸ‘. beautiful piece of writing. such talent. and i see supriya is having fun with your words and her pictures. delightful.

Agreed Durga, just beautiful and brilliant! you and @Chalhov are adding some fresh air to this thread, keep it coming!! me β€οΈs it!

@ supriya, you've got a great eye dear of pairing things together!
Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago