Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: czarcastic.

guessing the three idiots' team!

But, didn't Hirani & VVC deny that they didn't copy CB's book? How did he take the team to meet his professors at IIT? 

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Btw guys are those books in English or Hindi? I have to bid adieu if they are in Hindi :(
  ^  English.
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: bambogli

But, didn't Hirani & VVC deny that they didn't copy CB's book? How did he take the team to meet his professors at IIT? 

Hirani and VVC said that although the basic premise was from the book, a lot of it had been changed and only 5 % of the original script remained. CB was okay with this at first and said the same in all the interviews, but later when he saw the movie, he felt it was certainly not 5% of the book and was unhappy with not getting due credit. (His name came in the rolling credits in the end)

I think CB means to say that had taken the3 idiots team to meet his professors in the very beginning, when they were in the process of scripting the movie from the book.
deleteaccount thumbnail

Originally posted by: NadzGirl...

Btw guys are those books in English or Hindi? I have to bid adieu if they are in Hindi :(

English
But the characters are Indians
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NadzGirl...

English..😆😆
abjbdishiuw thumbnail

Originally posted by: bambogli

nah!! they had a contract...cb was paid some small amount as gratuity also!!

the controversy was coz his name was not mentioned as the script writer but in the rolling credits...hirani and vvc maintained that the movie was inspired by the book...cb said that there was heavy borrowing!!

i couldn't care less...the movie and the book are grossly overrated:P
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: czarcastic.

i couldn't care less...the movie and the book are grossly overrated:P

abjbdishiuw thumbnail

cb has murdered the art of writing...the less said the better!!

3 idiots was a good movie...the whole "using a vacuum cleaner to give birth to a child" killed it for me...i find the munnabhai series a much better showcase of hirani's talent! it was a good movie just don't get the hype(in a recent thread about perfect movies 3 idiots was mentioned by almost everyone)

lol@gif
Cotillion thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Cheeetan bhagat is a terrible writer.