Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sara. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I loved Jeevika's line, really got me emotional.
delete1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: *Eva*

I certainly hope you keep making topics! The CVs deserve the criticism for the mockery that they've made out of such a serious illness. The incredulous writing of the tracks pertaining to the illness has been a JOKE. It's a huge shame that Cinevistaas could have presented a story that paid proper heed to medical science (a first on Indian TV) AND emotions. They've handled the emotional side of Manvi's cancer well (baring some phases) but the ignorance towards the severity of the illness has been unbelievable.

Really? That means you see both perspectives of the story, thankfully! I've read a lot about the Protestant domination (the pro-life and pro-choice camps); the published viewpoints have been eye-opening. I have read excerpts from articles about the Roman Catholic Church's stance on abortion (not enough to comment in detail though), although many people opposing the abortion are leaning towards their arguments.

Thank you for the link! I've done a lot of research on induced and spontaneous abortions (although I'll focus on induced for obvious reasons) for a few seminars that I had to prepare for last year. Suction-aspiration abortions are quite graphic (if you look at the diagrams), but I believe that this would be the apt type for Jeevika, if she planned to do it during the current phase. Dilation and curettage could work too, if she doesn't delay it. Third-trimester! I'm hoping they don't wait that long for the complications to become that extreme, but that would be harsh since the foetus is pretty much all set.

:L I'm getting flashbacks of countless posts now. Honestly, I can not begin to describe the sheer amount of times people have highlighted just how great the show *could* have been, had they focused on the cancer like they should of. It's just plain mockery right now, especially the 'this is the ONLY treatment in the WORLD' that could save Mannu. Bad direction, bad writing, bad dialogue, all it adds up to is a half baked pie of a show.

The sometimes dragging, sometimes zooming - giving me a headache :P The whole cancer track - the one single main track of the entire show seems like it's already over when it's just begun, and I blame that on CVs for having such a predictable plot. They really can't get their pacing right at all; it was great to see Manvi and Jeevika finding out about the severity of the cancer quickly, but then the whole Doctor's meeting was skimmed over too quickly.

But anyway, the ethics behind it all is quite fascinating. I think it all depends on, in regards to abortion, on where you personally believe life begins. The anti-abortionists would say conception, the liberals would say when the heart starts beating (40 days isn't it?) and then the pro-choice would say at birth. It's murky waters which can be debated over aeons.

Abortions were all part of my Ethics course which I did when I was fifteen, and to get a class full of fifteen year old boys and girls to shut up, pay attention, and visibly be shaken by what they learn, it takes something big. I remember watching a vid about the suction-aspiration abortion method, and the way that they just pull off the limbs of the foetus, it's horrible to think about. Again, this revolves around whether or not the foetus actually feels pain. The partial-birth one, some kid in my class ended up researching it and mentioning it, we were horrified. Jamming scissors into the base of the neck? It makes you shudder.

:L Controversy.
EHMMBH-lover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Another AT gonna come to an end soon! πŸ˜ƒ
Neha.K. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
the lady on the floor - I love her🀣

EHMMBH-lover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Doneee!

New AT link please? 
-Pj- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ sabeeha I wish they did classes like that in the England that make you really understand what an abortion is. Maybe then we wouldn't have the highest teen pregrancy rate in Europe.
*Eva* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@sabeeha: I shall reply to you as soon as we reach the next AT πŸ˜›

@Krisha, Munni, Sara and Mel: Hey everyone! <3

@Neha: OMG 😲 🀣 LOVE that sig =)) MANNU ITNI BADI HOGAYI AUR JEEVIKA CHOTI HOGAYI...daal mein kuch kaala hai 🀣
delete1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Pj-

@ sabeeha I wish they did classes like that in the England that make you really understand what an abortion is. Maybe then we wouldn't have the highest teen pregrancy rate in Europe.

This was actually part of the GCSE RE course, so I'm quite surprised if normal schools don't do it :S

Lmao, it goes with having a vast population of chavs living off of dole money because their life revolves around the Job centre and the local off license. What a society, makes me proud to be English :)