The Potpourri that is called Show Biz

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

• February 4, 2012
  • DC

There is a certain chemistry about Payal Rohatgi and Sangram Singh that cannot be ignored. For those who have doubts about the compatibility of the pair, there is more than what meets the eye — both have had their share of struggles. Now, with their love life falling into place, the Survivor India couple is looking forward to launching their new film, Valentine Night, scheduled for release in February.

Careful about not revealing any plot spoilers, Payal says, "The movie is about two people meeting through a social networking site, centered around the events of February 14." The movie comes at a very crucial stage for both, Payal and Sangram. While Payal hopes to make a barging entry into the big screen, it comes as an opportunity for the larger good of the sports community.

Responding to the notion that reality TV stars are often seen as actors who don't have better offers, Payal says, "To each his own. Big B revived his popularity through KBC, why not others? I don't have a star background, and reality shows are giving me that opportunity."

Sangram is in it for two different reasons. On how some talented sportsmen are being sidelined by the cricket craze prevailing in the country, the wrestling champion says, "Cricket is in our blood, but that doesn't mean that we don't appreciate other athletes who are also winning medals. There is a lot of talent where I come from but there are no facilities. The government should not ignore these people."

He also believes that sportsmen and the "aam aadmi" are better actors than star kids. "A sportsperson is a real star, and not only in the field of his sport. As an aam aadmi, he/she can express things better, as they have actually endured hardships in life, unlike the Ranbir Kapoors of Bolly-wood," says the wrestler, who has battled arthritis, among other health and financial issues, while growing up.

Reiterating that she was "not born with a silver spoon". She admits that she learnt a lot from Survivor India. "Since I am not physically strong, I had to grow mentally strong as I was forced to take on the politics of the show. I also learned not to take basic things in life for granted. There were times I was caught in the rain and it reminded me of how people who survived in shelters after the Mumbai floods."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/potpourri-called-show-biz-612

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sportsmen are better actors? Kaise? He can hardly speak one complete sentence without eating up half his words, how will he deliver his dialogues before the camera 😕😆
Who is the girl next to Payal?

Originally posted by: axeion

Sportsmen are better actors? Kaise? He can hardly speak one complete sentence without eating up half his words, how will he deliver his dialogues before the camera 😕😆

Dubbing??1

If Katrina Kaif can spout Shudh Hindi & chaste Urdu at the press of a button,I'm sure there must be a Fill-in-the-missing-word machine! (I have great & abiding faith in modern technology!) OF course, wrestlers are better actors than regular ones-they have to deliver the goods with lesser grey matter and more ill-effects from body building supplements!
 I think that the said Mr. Ranbir Kapoor's grand father has a grandiose in house sound studio in at RK Studio-I'm sure he will have no hesitation in renting it out to Ken & Barbie after Ken's ringing endorsement!

Originally posted by: somzz007

Who is the girl next to Payal?

Rishiraj in drag? Showing off a much improved bwady after a stint on Secret island with tele-bahu-lately-turned-vamp!
naziarahman thumbnail
thanks for sharing..

hmm whose gonna watch this