momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
I have not gushed about an episode since...I don't know, I think since the break up of La and ASR.  It's been a long time.  I am reading around and am kind of surprised that this episode is hailed so tepidly.  I will tell you the reason why I loved this epi.  Yes, i realize that there was no overt sexual kaboom as with diwali, but there was something much much better, it was acceptance.  And maybe because I am an old fart by forum standards, that meant so much more to me than the missed kiss.

I am going to take a second and say Barun Sobti - I love you and your Arnav Singh Raizada.  Your performance in this episode - tingliciously dangtastic.  The man curls your toes dressed in a long sleeve shirt.  That is talent.

Khushi is alone on the stage and ASR is watching her disquiet.  Her shoulders are hunching over, she is defeated.  I thought it was absolutely spectacular that the impetus that gets ASR rushing over to help her is a guest's comment...'Looks like the Gupta's are going to lose.'  How well he understands her.  She does not have money, she does not have material things, but that which she holds dear is her pride above all else - and he is not going to watch it get squashed.  How well does he know her when he is on stage that the first thing he does is goad her - saying what?  you're not going to finish your last "performance".  A challenge gets her ire up every time.

I thought it was strange how he said your akhri performance - not dance.  I almost thought it had a double meaning - as in to say, Khushi, the pretending that you don't know what is going on is going to stop now.  As usual, I probably read to much into these things. 

The teri meri dance was really good.  It was sultry, it was sensual - everything that they have been in the past even through their fights.   But it wasn't until the rabba ve that I got really emotional.  The rabba ve was acceptance of everything that they have been through, how far they have come and how they are ready to move on.  The flashbacks were awesome.  The first time they met, the walking away, the dropping...now they go towards each other, they support each other, there is trust.  And despite all the cruelties, Khushi is shown to think of Arnav of the fairy lights, of hugging the man she reached out to in hospital and ultimately the man by the pool.  The only difference is - that man isn't running anymore, he is standing there in front of her asking her to use her dimaag because he is ready.

I thought Khushi later on with her 'farak nahin padta' was great.  She is trying to use her old defense mechanisms even though she knows the game has totally changed.  That's why her face drops when she sees ASR standing at the door.  He is the only one that asks her to prove what comes out of her mouth and he is going to do just that.  Farak nahin padta, well your dhak dhak says otherwise.

p.s. - somebody please shoot Shyam.  enough with the keystone cops murder plot.  And does anyone else think that besides shyam and mami, nani thinks something is up???  Forget about Anjali, she searching for smurfs.

p.s.s. - if the story is good, the slipshod editing can be forgiven.  it's when the story sucks that the editing makes it even worse.  that's why those rhona dhona types have spotless production - because the story isn't worth a Lakshmi terd.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandira1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Great Post!!
Cannot wait to see ArHi convo tomorrow
shaam91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ROFLing at lakshmi terd part!!!

otherwise agree...all i have been doing since last 5 hours is gushing...more gushing!!
because it was worth it...because i got sentimental during rabba vey too...it was not just their journey..it was ours along with them...we did tolerate quite a lot of non sense to get to this point..and thats what makes it sooo sooo worth all the gushing...

there i go..gushing away again!!

someone stop me!!:)
Rin630 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Comletely agree with you! It was so much better than the "missed kiss" episode...this showed the acceptance of their love and can't wait for tomorrow!
s_suns thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Good synopsis!!!!! From one old fart to another, I know that a kiss would have not said all that was said in that dance!!!! Acceptance as everyone seems to be posting is still a far shot though. We must remember that Khushi is still young and unsure where as Arnav is not mature and knows!!!!!
Its a cat and mouse game until someone blurts it out which is wht has been going on since diwali. Its usually an old fashioned thing but even I did the same cat and mouse game with my husband until 2 mnths after meeting me he said that he had fallen for me when we first met!!!! Khushi becoz of her age and jovial nature thinks she is misinterpreting everything and it will take someone else to make her realize this!!!! Thats why I feel the acceptance is only once sided!!!!!
showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
could not agree more...i didn't care for dance even before...what I was excited about is that Arnav getting on the stage will take the love story forward..and it happened. They both revisited their love story which no one else knows except from them and it's going to go to the next level now...

Nothing from sbs was edited...sbs showed one sequence few times...I thought they added much more..I never expected to see rabba ve together with teri meri...that was a very pleasing surprise for me...

didn't we all want khushi to remember how she used to feel about Arnav?
spsharmila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Great post πŸ‘ πŸ‘
I have been gushing too since the episode ended...what a wonderful way to depict the whole journey of Arnav and Khushi since they met ...i am loving it πŸ˜ƒ.
I am really curious to know what happens tomorrow between Arhi, behind closed doors...
Nrp77 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: momma1128

I am going to take a second and say Barun Sobti - I love you and your Arnav Singh Raizada.  Your performance in this episode - tingliciously dangtastic.  The man curls your toes dressed in a long sleeve shirt.  That is talent.

I had never heard of Barun Sobti until I accidently found this show this past summer and I thank my lucky stars.  He is definitely eye candy at it's sweetest!!!  The things this man can emote w/ his eyes alone is phenomenal.  What any one of us wouldn't give to be in Khushi's shoes when he looks at her w/ that intensity... πŸ˜

I agree that the episode was good. It was basically the editing of their dance sequence that wasn't up to par.  However, if Khushi doesn't chalk the dhak dhak up to being acidity...all will be forgiven!!! Hahaa πŸ˜†

Oh and I loved the flashbacks.  Reminded me of why I watch this show and will keep tuning in!!! πŸ˜Š

patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think that this. this is a very very good post. Wonderfully articulated. Took the words out of my mouth. 
molten_lava thumbnail
I actually thought I was the only one who had tears in my eyes when the Rabba Ve started playing and they showed all the flashbacks. I was so surprised because never in my whole life I have cried feeling so happy. πŸ˜ (coz I only cry when I'm in painπŸ˜†)
God! Arhi are driving me insane.
Nice post! and I agree with u 100%. This episode was at par with Diwali night.