The following 78 member(s) liked the above post:

snehag10,  inlwgeet,  sheetalvasa,  Lola13,  swati2011,  aparna_m,
  gagsy,  asmi123sharbatvemto,  lathaau,  -divya-,  

^^ Thank you very much guys. 
Feels great to know you all like this FF πŸ˜ƒ
-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
First and foremost, If you want pm for this FF then please please add the id Khushi_Princess to your buddy list. I don't remember who asked so if YOU send the request to id, then I'll surely accept. Thank you ! Makes it easier for me to send out pmz  

Second, I still receive friend requests on this ID. If it's because you want pm on this FF then know that I don't send out pm from this account. I won't decline any friend requests but letting you all know. 

Chapter 4

"Around the time when I turned 15."

"I must say, you really are a brave girl."

She looked at him and smiled but in her mind said, "If only you knew." --Recap

Lady: "Where is she?"

Guy: "In London. Don't worry. She is safe."

Lady: "She better be. And rest?"

Guy: "He's in Germany and she's in New York."

Lady: "Good. As always, it is up to you they don't meet."

Guy: "I know. I assure you. They will not. But don't you think it is high time they learn the truth and ..."

Lady: "No!" she snapped.

Guy: "Hmmm... Well, there is news. She is coming to India as her studies are completed."

Lady: "No harm. I'll stay out of way and besides, the other two are in Germany and London. Also, she won't recognize me when she comes."

Guy: "Just pray and hope." He cut the call.

Devika left from the park and came home. She sent a silent prayer to God thanking for keeping her children safe. She knew it was time they know and they have grown up. She still wanted more time. Or that's what she thought...

Geet: "Here." She came out after Maan opened the door for her. She said "Thank you. It was nice meeting you."

Maan: "Same here. Hope we meet again soon."

Geet: "That depends on destiny and faith." She smiled a teasing smile and said, "Good night" she turned around and walked a few steps. She suddenly stopped, touching her temples. She was feeling dizzy. Maan held her in his shoulders as she opened her eyes. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"Yea. Just a little dizzy. Probably from all the work. I'll rest and I'll be fine."

She smiled and disappeared inside the hotel. Even though Maan wasn't satisfied with her explanation, he smiled at her words and not knowing why but he was starting to like her. He didn't know why he felt the way he did. He left for dorm...

Few days later...

Geet picked up her mobile as it rang. "Hello?"

Ishwar (Maan's dad) : "Geet, you have to get back to India as soon as you can."

"Why uncle?"

"You have to handle the clients over here. You don't let the staff handle them and they want to speak to you personally as well."

"I'll try to come there in next few days as the plans over here are sorted out."

"Where are you in the first place?"

"London."

"London! What are you doing there?"

"Uncle, I had told you na, about the new wing in University of Oxford. I am here for that."

"Oh great. Then you must have met my older son."

"Son??"

"Yes. Maan. He goes to Oxford as well and he was telling about someone visiting their college and about the new wing."

"Oh Maan. Yes, we have met. You never told me about him!"

"I talk about him all the time. It's a different thing that you hardly pay attention to me!"

She felt embarrassed as she now remembered. "Oh yess... Sorry na That's what happens when I am doing more than 5 things at a time."

"And that is why I always say 'what's the need to take care of so many things at such young age? Get a secretary and it will make your life lot easier."

"Not again!!" Why do you always want me to not do things?"

"Because you always over-stress yourself."

She got another call. "Uncle. There's a call in waiting. I will call you later."

"Ok beta. Take care."

She picked up the other call. "Hello?"

Sam: "Hey Geet! Sam here."

Geet: "Hi. Uhh, how'd you get my number?"

Sam: "We asked Mr. White for it and he was kind enough to give it to us."

Geet: "We?"

Sam: "Alright. Not we. We made Maan get it for us. Me and Emm wanted to talk to you."

"And why exactly?" she talked with them even friendlier than she did at the other day.

"Hmm... well, we were hoping you would come hang out with us. We'll have great time together. The boys decided to ditch us. And that is, if you are free with no meetings or any other work."

She thought about it for a second and remembered Ishwar's bugging. She decided to prove that even she can have fun like a normal girl and not be workaholic for once. "Sure. I'll be there in an hour."

"Great! We'll be waiting."

They ended the call. Geet called up her driver and told him to cancel all her meeting for the day. (She really does need secretary. Right? ;) )

She changed into another pair of clothes and left. As always, her driver wouldn't let her drive by herself. The driver left her in front of the campus after she assured him that he doesn't need to stay there and wait for her till she comes back.

They greeted her happily and she greeted them cheerfully as well. Both of them were having lunch so they asked her to join them but she refused. She said she wasn't hungry. They both took it only after she promised that she will eat as soon as she gets hungry without any hesitations. Then they started talking and getting to know each other more. It was a different thing that even though Geet was gelling well with both of them, she didn't say a lot about her family.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maan: "Hi dad" on the mobile.

Ishwar: "Dad ke bache. When are you coming back to India?"

Maan: "Not anytime soon in the next few weeks. Why?"

Ishwar: "Your mom is dying to see you. And your college is complete as well. You can at least come, visit us and then go back if you want."

"I'll think about it dad."

"Good. Thanks. Now, did you meet Geet?"

"Geet? How do you know her?"

"She is the one whom I always talk about with you. My friend's daughter."

"Oh. I didn't know her name was Geet. And I have met one girl named Geet recently but how would I know if she is the same one you talk about or not!"

"She is the same one. I just talked to her few minutes ago and she told me she was in university. So it's got to be her."

"Wow. That's great. Is she always this way?"

"What way?"

"Mysterious?"

Ishwar laughed and said, "Not when she's around me. You only think that because you do not know her. I have known her since she was born."

"Then you would know why she gets quiet whenever the topic of family is raised?"

After few seconds of silence, Ishwar said, "MK, do me a favor and never ask her about her family. Please."

Maan was getting more and more curious. He obliged to Ishwar's request though. "Alright. I won't. Why were you asking about her in the first place?"

"She has gone to university right now and I know she is stressing herself and also if I know her very well, she hasn't had lunch yet, or dinner last night. Hopefully she had lunch yesterday. Can you please make sure she eats?"

Maan was shocked as he heard this. He couldn't believe that she wouldn't eat since past two days. "Yea. I will. I am not in the university right now but I'll leave now to go there. Don't worry dad. Bye good night."

Maan pulled Raj out of the bowling alley and both left for university whit Raj whining. He was about to win if Maan hadn't pulled him. When asked, Maan wouldn't tell him why they were leaving.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Without knocking on the door, Maan entered and jumped down on Emily's bed and laid down as he always does. Raj followed and just stood by the bed. Sam looked at Geet with apologetic eyes and slapped his leg. "What are you doing? Get up!"

"I am lying down on your bed. No. What will you do?"

"If you look around..."

"Shh... talk later. First, I am starving. Did you save any food for me?"

Emily: "Yes. Go get it yourself."

He gave Emily a hug and ran to the table saying, "You're a sweetheart. Did you all eat?"

Sam: "We all did. Other than Geet."

"Why not?" he asked her.

Geet: "I am not much hungry. You go ahead and eat."

"No ways. I am not eating by myself. Come on. Have a seat."

"I'll seat but I won't eat."

"Please. For me?"

She gave him a look and he changed the sentence to "For us?" After looking at other's faces, she gave up and sat down next to him while Emily took another plate and served both of them.

Maan smiled at his success.

+++++++++++++++++

Geet was becoming great friends with Emily and Sam and they would go to places occasionally in the next few days. Raj and Maan tagged along sometimes. One day they decided to go to the park and hang out. Geet immediately agreed as she loved being close to nature. As always, she hadn't eaten the day before but the paleness wasn't seen by anyone.

As they were walking towards the creek, Geet bumped into a person. She turned around to say sorry and her expression changed from happy to shock. The person didn't see her clearly and kept on walking. Maan tugged her hand and she looked at him trying to swallow what she just saw. But before she could say anything she fainted in his arms. They rushed to the dorm as that was closer than the hospital. Raj called the doctor and told her to reach the university as quickly as she could.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Precap: I'll leave it to you to imagine πŸ˜‰ Don't throw anything at me. Won't be able the give the next update than. πŸ˜†

Previous: Chapter 3
Next: Chapter 5

Hope you all like it... Please be patient with the suspense. In mostly all the parts, little by little will be revealed

Cheers Khushi ! 

Edited by Princess_Khushi - 12 years ago
anjalisen85 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice update πŸ˜†

thank u πŸ˜›
rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awesomeee
n geet dieting bcoz of work funny naaa
bt awesomeee n luved d way maan got geet 2 hv food
TeamMcSwarek thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
sooo mysterious and interesting i LOOOVE it!
6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

very interesting update...so Maan's dad knows Geet but how come they both don't know each other...Maan may have lived in India when he was small and went to London for higher education only so they must have met if his father knows Geet so closely...

thanx for pm
basicquestion1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thank u for a nice long update.
_wallflower_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nice update... really curious about that guy... the lady n the guy's convo
about devika... n ofcourse about geet
o girl u hv made it  relly enigmatic...
m dying to read more...