Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tinkerbe11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Oh sorry hun, not now😳, and dnt go faintin', 😛, js getting bak to sum mail. 
SublimeSanaya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hi Tink ... 

u must be busy ... na ... but dont forget us ... 

😭😭😭where is the update😭😭😭 

hun i am desperate here 

- - badra 

tina_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
aftr d sad epi ..want ur updt really bad :(
tina_1234 thumbnail
tink more thn 3 days ovr...still no updt :(
tinkerbe11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 143badra

Hi Tink ... 

u must be busy ... na ... but dont forget us ... 

😭😭😭where is the update😭😭😭 

hun i am desperate here 

- - badra 

Sorry babe...I really am😳. It's been real busy, but I've managed to write a little just to keep face lol, and I wud never forget! 😛 

Edited by tinkerbe11 - 12 years ago
tinkerbe11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tina_1234

tink more thn 3 days ovr...still no updt :(

I know and I'm sooo sorry 😳, but I'm updatin' now.  😉
tinkerbe11 thumbnail

Chapter Five

Bigger Fool Than Me

The whole thing was ridiculous, thought Ahem as he slipped into one of his Sherwani's, what do I care anyway, he muttered in his mind, it's Jigar's decision. 'Gopi...' he called out,
only to realise that Gopi no longer existed in his life, especially not as his wife. 'Damn! Mani! Bring my green tea quickly, what's taking you so long?!' He shouted down from his doorway expecting her to come running with his requirements.  'At least that Gopi was still prompt with my needs' he said under his breath.

In the Modi household everyone was getting dressed to head round to Urmila's house with the shagun, to put their stamp on the girl basically, and decided to do it today itself. Anita couldn't make it as she was busy with some business that needed to be taken care of and had excused her from the family traditions. Ahem had been surprised that Kokila hadn't retorted against her decision, but little did he know that Kokila had been aware of Anita's non-social attitude, but wasn't the least bit bothered, as she didn't think it wise to waste her breath of something that was beyond her control.

Thinking and thinking about the whole face to face with Gopi for the first time, he couldn't help feeling just a little curious whether Gopi would be able to recognise him.
'Ahem, Jigar, Mota Bhabhi, Kinjal' called out Kokila to all the family members, 'we need to leave, Urmila Behen will be waiting for us' she informed, 'we must hurry.'
'Kokila we are ready to leave,' said Hetal as she came down the stairs with her warm smile and begun ordering Mani to place all the gifts and jewelry in the car her and Kokila were to travel in.

Jigar sat in Ahem's car, flustering with his collar and at times rolling down his window and then back up again. Ahem could tell Jigar was beginning to get nervous as this would be the first time he would meet his future wife Gopi.
Confused as to what he should be telling Jigar, he decided to do his brother a favour after all. He knew Gopi wasn't fit for Jigar, so he intended to tell him why.
'Jigar' he started 'as your elder brother I just wanted to tell you that, er, Gopi isn't the kind of girl you think.' No that didn't sound right, Ahem thought, it sounded like he was trying to tell Jigar that Gopi was the type of girls that got around, which didn't sound like a good thing at all, Gopi was definitely not one of those girls, so he decided to start again. 'What I'm trying to say Jigar, is that Gopi doesn't suit you.'

Looking confused Jigar replied 'What do you mean Bhai, we're almost the same sort of height, it's not like she's taller than me or anything' he amused, not understanding what Ahem was trying to say.

'Jigar you obviously don't understand what I'm trying to say to you, so I'm going to do you a favour and speak frankly' he said trying to take his time in driving there, and speaking slowly, allowing Jigar enough time for each word to register. 'Gopi is too simple for your liking, and she isn't the right match for you.'

'Bhai I know that Gopi is very straight forward, she is unlike other girls who like to pay attention to material things, but Kaki Ji must've saw something in her that impressed her so much that she found her eligible for you Bhai,' he stuttered with his last words, 'I mean Kaki Ji knew that you were like the heartthrob in town, but yet she chose this simple girl to be your wife, so it makes me kind of curious, you can say' he admitted with curiosity as he got caught up in his mind with something.

Ahem stared on wondering what the hell Jigar was on about, he was curious to know more about Gopi, what did that mean? Jigar wasn't planning on starting a relationship with Gopi once they were engaged was he? No of course he wouldn't, Jigar would be a gentleman and go according to the rules and wait until they got married. Married? Why did it seem like things had suddenly got a whole lot worse within that minute. Am I honestly cut out for having Gopi my ex-wife married to my younger brother, he thought arguing with himself. 'Jigar you don't get what I'm trying to say! Gopi is illiterate!'

'I know Bhai, Kaki Ji has told Maa everything, she spoke that same night with me and let me know everything I needed to know, but Bhai things like that can be adjusted, but her personality and mentality can't be changed, or neither found in any other girl.' Jigar responded back, he sighed taking a deep breath and realised that Ahem was only trying to help him as a brother. 'I'm sorry Bhai, it's just that I'm tense as it is, and this is the first time I'm going to meet her, so I guess I'm just nervous, I didn't mean to lash out on you.'

'It's okay Jigar, I should have controlled myself, I was just trying to help, well at least I thought I was, but the bottom line is it's your decision, and I will respect that.'

'Thank you Bhai, I know you meant well.' He finished with a smile, 'I will keep it in mind, although I don't think I'll be changing my mind.'

Great, just great I knew it, I knew he wouldn't change his mind, stressed Ahem withholding his anger inside of him. Why couldn't he just listen to him, he knew what he was talking about.

Then again, what could I have said to Jigar, that the truth doesn't make any sense, but yet I've seen it, he thought, yeah that would be handy, than he could let Jigar go right ahead and let him class Ahem as 'crazy'. What did it all matter now anyway, he sulked, the truth of the matter was that Jigar was a bigger fool than he was, 'cause he knew Gopi was illiterate and was still ready to get married to her.

'They've arrived Mummee' squealed Rashi with jealousy and regret.

'Fine you go get that gawar ready, while I welcome them in' replied Urmila, '...and remember Rashi whatever you do, make yourself look like your cultural and shy okay, if you succeed in creating this impression than we can work on replacing you in Gopi's place' she said before leaving 'be sure to make no mistakes.'

'That'll be all Urmila Behen we'd just like to see Gopi now, if that's okay with you' Kokila finally asked, after being welcomed with sweets and snacks, along with a never ending conversation from Urmila's end, 'yes she's just coming, you see girls these days take ever so long in getting dressed' replied Urmila sly fully.

Rashi had bought Gopi out walking slowly and seated her beside Jigar, making Gopi slightly uncomfortable and completely unaware that Ahem was also on the edge of his seat seeing the small gap being covered by Jigar and Gopi. Ahem almost choked on his tea seeing this sight, 'sorry forgive me' he said coughing in between short intervals whilst almost choking.

'Mota Bhabhi, why don't we let Jigar and Gopi speak alone in the room, maybe they feel a little shy here amongst everyone,' Kokila suggested to Hetal, further giving Ahem a knot in his throat.

Gopi could feel her heart fluttering with nervousness, not knowing what to say, or rather feeling awkward towards Jigar Ji as he may try to get a little too close to her, and she wouldn't know the first thing about what to do, but she couldn't refuse her elders either.

This was not happening, how come they didn't let me go alone into the room with Gopi when our rishta was confirmed, maybe if they had let me do the same, than I would have found out that she was a gawar. However, right now the situation was not such, Gopi was his wife - well in his eyes anyway and he didn't feel comfortable with Gopi going into the room alone with another guy. Okay so it was 'another guy' it was his very own brother Jigar, but still it didn't change things, what if Jigar tried to get close to Gopi, no Jigar wouldn't do that, but than what guarantee was there, and without thinking he knew he had to do something, anything. 'Mom! He almost said too loud but cleared his throat to cover himself.

On the other hand Rashi had been throwing mean looks to her Mother, asking her 'just what she was thinking', how could she give her consent to let them go alone in a secluded room.

'What it is Ahem?' Kokila immediately responded in surprise at Ahem's sudden reaction.

'Er nothing Mom, it's just that er, don't you think that Gopi would be a little scared to go alone in the room...' he said finding his voice trailing off and scratching the back of his neck with his index finger trying to find himself extra time but not without feeling foolish.    

'Exactly!' Agreed Urmila adding fake laughter to her response, 'exactly what I was about to say, you see Vevaan Ji, as the girl's side we must respect the fact that we don't let the boy and girl meet alone until things are finalised in the proper way.'

'No problem' said Hetal, 'in that case Ahem you go along with Jigar, and Rashi will accompany Gopi, how's that Urmila Ji' she finished clearing the problem cheerfully.

Ahem had felt easy at once, and without delay he joined Jigar and Rashi, following them into the room more eager than he would have thought so.

I know don't kill me, I never break promises, but this was definitely unexpected I swear. I have forced myself to find time and write this chapter, because I know I've been slack, but there's a wedding right now, which is really taking up a lot of time, alongside everyday chores, so I hope you guys can all forgive me.  The least I can do is apologise.  😳😳

Tink

Edited by tinkerbe11 - 12 years ago
tina_1234 thumbnail
Darlin as much as m glad u updt...this is short..seriously waitin for next part anxiously 
ANJ4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This was really good ...ahem not wanting gopi to be alone with jigar... so cute of ahem...     THank you so much Tink for the PM