Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: _Vrish_

First things first - can somebody describe the story of Krishna giving Devaki 'back' her first 6 kids either here, or in the Doubts & Discussions thread?

I guess debiproya has posted it now and I will surely check it.  
Second thing - was all of Dwarka @ Kritavarma's house?  If not, and if Kritavarma didn't want Devaki there, wasn't it strange of her to go there uninvited?  I thought that the most dignified course of action here would have been of none of the womenfolk to go there - not Devaki, not Revathy, not Rukmini.
 Seriously. I just dint like that scene. Krishna sholuld have got the womenfolk out.
The script was terrible - Kritavarma's wife's behavior made this episode look like a typical saas-bahu script. 👎🏼 And that tired & worn out rant to Krishna - you'll never become a mother! - give it a rest!  Krishna did right by telling them that he'd retrieve their son, but first, he should have gotten Devaki, Revathy & Rukmini out of there, and told them that for self respect reasons alone, they won't be visiting him again.  Also, the show really botched it by making it look like Devaki is indeed responsible for that kid's death - essentially, it just reinforces that superstition. 👎🏼 - True. It was made to look like that child dies beacuse of Devaki feeding it milk. and Kritavarma's wife looked more like Rakhie in distress and shouting for her son whether Ram Lakhan or Karan and Arjun,. BLAH

The next scene - I thought that Krishna used Garuda anytime he wanted to fly, like he did in the war against Narakasura: the only time he used a flying chariot was against Shalva.  As far as the message went, again, something Krishna wouldn't normally do (which is why I doubt this story itself in the first place) - he was against upsetting the natural flow of events, and wasn't likely to use his filial duty as the reason to make an exception.  After all, nobody else can do what he did, and so the message he seemed to be sending was that while the events of nature have to run their course, it's okay for one to try and reverse it (and even better if successful) - I didnt get what the msg was. While Rama never considered himself to be a GOD, Krishna is more or less shown to have known who he was. So what was with him doing his son's duty here. That yamadooth was a big joke. and yama also has assiatants know who play with crystal balls.

The fireball scene was pretty funny, as was the sudarshan stopping just @ his neck.  Also, in Yamalok, the souls of everybody are w/ Yamadooth, as opposed to Yama himself?  And the depiction of the souls as in the shape of a crystal ball was just hilarious 😆🤣 _ I was wondering waht it was. That Sudarshan Chakra was more trying to frighten him.

In the end, when he restores that son of Kritavarma his life, he should also make it clear that none of his family will be visiting him again.  That would be the proper way to react, if they have any self respect.  (It may also be ahistorical given that Krishna's daughter married Kritavarma's son later, but then, so was this episode, by the look of it) - will they show that. Considering Krihsna's daughter married his son!!!!

So next week, next event will be Devaki getting back her first 6 sons b4 releasing them to heaven?

- hmmm - if thats the case I am missing next weeks' episodes as first half I will be travelling and second half I will be busy Lakshmi pooja and its pre peperation, followed by Rakshnabandhan and one other festival.
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Debipriya

Here is the story of bringing back the first 6 babies of Devaki by Krishna, it is in chapter 85 of the 10th Skanda of SB:

Haven't watched the episode 😔, will comment here after I watch it on Monday perhaps 😃

Thanks for the link Debipriya. I will need to refresh my memory on this.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
The story of Krishna bringing back Devaki's six babies is true, but it has nothing to do with Kritavarma's son dying (that part of the track is all wrong). First of all, this story is supposed to happen way after the Kurukshetra War, not after Rukmini Haran, so in that aspect also it is wrong. Devaki was upset one day when she thought of her six dead babies, and asks Krishna that since he is God, can't he bring them back? Krishna tells her that it would be going against nature to bring back the dead, but since she is his mother he will bring back the babies for just one day. Devaki agrees and Krishna and Balram go to Yamlok. From there they bring the babies back and Devaki happily nurses them (they are still in their baby forms) before releasing them back to heaven.

The story is as simple as this...don't know why DSK made it so complicated and created a rude, unfeeling wife for Kritavarma.😕 Perhaps people today would react to Devaki like how Kritavarma's wife did, since many superstitions have come into existence that never were there, but back in the Dwapar Yug? I hardly feel Devaki would be ostracized as she was by Kritavarma's wife, especially since she was known as God's mother. It is very inaccurate.