TOI: I will be juggling between films & TV-Ragz

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I will keep juggling between TV and films 

Says actor Ragini Khanna in a freewheeling chat with Ahmedabad Times 

Shruti Jambhekar 

Shes one of the prime time divas.With her vivacious personality she has managed to win many hearts.And now,she is all set to start her big screen journey.Ragini Khanna was in Ahmedabad to promote her debut film Teen Thay Bhai.Here are the excerpts from the chat we had with this 24-year-old actress and needless to say,her laughter was the constant element during our conversation.

GOING DE-GLAM 

Working with Om Puri,Deepak Dobriyal and Shreyas Talpade was an awesome experience.I learnt a lot from Om Puri,he is so down to earth and is child-like.He keeps cracking jokes and is never serious! I loved the role when it was narrated to meI play a washerwoman in this film and for that I had to go de-glam.Usually make-up is a weapon for an actress but my director Mrigji ne mujhse yeh hathiyaar chheen liya.So I had no option but to act! And learning that hard-core Punjabi accent was quite a task for me.And yes,I am not giving up television.I will keep juggling between TV and films.

MATCH MY MOVES 

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 was one experience I will never forgetit really boosted my confidence that I too can dance.I was always keen on singing and I have spent 15 years learning classical singing.Doing the show helped me losing weight as well! Also,I was with my cousin Krushna and it was fun as wed a healthy competition.

REALITY BITES 

I will always take up challenging reality showsno Bigg Boss for me as I love my family time the most.And when it comes to taking up roles,I prefer going realistic.I make sure to take up a role which is close to realityno heavy make up nor 15 kgs jewelry for me in any case.Also,I never go for night scenes with make-up or heavy sarees because no woman will ever sleep in a heavy saree and make-up.

SOAP TALES 

Its been a year since I am shooting for Sasural Genda Phool.I share a comfort level with Jay Soni.I am different from Suhana because Im an absolute cleanliness freak and it was troublesome for me to break the crockery in the scenes or mess up the room to show off the anger.In real life I cant do it.And this soap is a slice of life and people are calling me all crying when they have come to know about my character Suhanas illness.But,we need to bring in this element because negativity is also a part of life.

BUSY BEE 

I am so busy with my work.I love to travel but now I have travelled to places like Gulmarg/ Goa only in connection with work.I dont know what a relaxed life is for last three years.In my free time,I make it a point to watch at least one movie.If Im in the mood to cook,I cook Italian food and various desserts as well.But now,I hardly get time even to have five minutes with my mom.
[email protected]

Ragini Khanna 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]