Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monikaseth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi awesome parts both love the way maan and geet understand and agree with each other and love talking between sameera and geet awesome parts thanks a lot for great parts..
swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely updates opti. I like the way the characters communicate with each other and clear out their misunderstandings which I feel is utterly lacking in the show! It was heartening to see Maan and geet  back together and still have sameera as their best friend!😊
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: panchjun5

@Opti...I'm sure however you etch Sameera's character...whether long or short...you will do justice to it....And Yeah, in the show the non-appearance of Sameera does cause a disconnect with the readers but this is your story and I'm sure however you present her, it will be unique and will be liked by everyone....😊

Glad to hear that the next update is a happy one...I guess my brain is skewed because of watching too many serials...and that is why I anticipate bad things whenever there is too much happiness....😆

Looking forward to a happy update....😛

Thanks for reposing so much confidence in me. Lets see whether I can live up to it.
Opti thumbnail
Thanks sonali for the visarjan pictures. The visarjan in this fic will come up in the update after next.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: monikaseth

Hi awesome parts both love the way maan and geet understand and agree with each other and love talking between sameera and geet awesome parts thanks a lot for great parts..

Thanks monika.  The last two updates have been about the importance of conversations between people. The next one will be about Geet learning something about her Man.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: maangeetams

Lovely updates opti. I like the way the characters communicate with each other and clear out their misunderstandings which I feel is utterly lacking in the show! It was heartening to see Maan and geet  back together and still have sameera as their best friend!😊

Thanks. I must admit that GHSP is still better than most shows where misunderstandings go on for months. Here at least they resolve things in a couple of weeks.  Yes, Sam will continue to be their friend.
Opti thumbnail
edit
Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
Opti thumbnail

Part XXXI

Nine days later

Geet woke up in the morning to greet another day; only this was no ordinary day, but the day she was born.  All her birthdays, except the last one when she was still mourning the loss of her father, were celebrated with great pomp and grandeur. Although Geet herself did not attach too much importance to the day, she considered this particularly birthday special because it was her first birthday as Geet Khurana. She mouthed her full name and feeling really good about it, smiled at the sleeping form of her husband who had given her half of that name. 

She leant forward and traced his lips with her index finger, marvelling at their shapeliness. When she saw him stir, she quickly withdrew her finger. Maan opened his eyes and seeing his wife, smiled sweetly and wished her a good morning. She waited with baited breath for his birthday wish to follow, but it did not come. Hiding her disappointment she wished him back and went about her morning chores.

While Maan had gone for his bath, his cell rang. Picking it up, Geet realised it was Rano calling to wish her on her birthday. She thanked her and said she will drop by later that morning to take her blessings. Just as she disconnected, Maan returned and inquired who was on the line. Geet merely said that her mother had called and that she was going to meet her. Maan asked her to give her his regards and proceeded to get dressed.  Soon he was screaming for his socks, his handkerchief and his watch. Geet scurried and found the things he wanted. Taking them from her, he brusquely thanked her and got ready for work. As he was about to leave the house, Geet hesitantly asked him if he was not forgetting something. At first he looked confused but then as realisation dawned, he smiled and leaned forward to give her a goodbye kiss on the cheek.  He was gone before she could fully recover from the huge disappointment. 'He did not remember my birthday', she thought sadly.

She got dressed, and went to the temple before going to the Handa House. Rano was glad to see her daughter. Geet took her blessings and hugged her. Rano kissed her daughter on the forehead and gifted her a set of diamond ear rings. Just then Anwesha had walked in and hugging her bhabhi, wished her a very happy birthday. She gifted her a beautiful Titan watch and said it was from both her husband and herself. She said Arjun wanted to wish her but had to leave early to attend an important business meeting. Geet knew she was covering up for him but did not say anything. Rano insisted that she stays back for lunch. Over lunch Rano inquired how Maan was and also asked what gift he had given her.  Holding back her tears, Geet conveyed his regards to her and said that he intended to surprise her that evening with his gift. Rano expressed her satisfaction with her son-in-law. 

After lunch Geet made her regular visit to the nursing home to see Baba. Placing his limp hand on her head she sought his blessings. Although he was not conscious, she felt he was blessing her from whatever mental state he was in. She returned home that evening and was soon surrounded by the chawl kids who dragged her down. They pulled her hands towards the community hall which was adjoining the chawl.  The welfare society of the chawl had built it and, for a nominal charge, the residents of the chawl conducted their functions there. The hall was decorated with balloons and streamers.  A large banner with a happy birthday message hung on one wall. A table at the centre had a huge chocolate cake on it. As Geet entered in, she was greeted with loud clapping. Geet looked around to see nearly the entire chawl gathered there. Rano, Anwesha and Sneha were there too.  Geet was very happy to see them all. Sameera asked her when Maan was expected to come and was told that he comes home very late these days.  Sameera then said that they may not be able to wait for him as the children had school the next day. So they started the party. After the birthday song was sung and the cake was cut, refreshments and snacks were served.  The children then sang and danced for their Geet didi. Geet was asked to sing too and she obliged. They had a few games like the 'dumb charades' and 'passing the parcel'. The party finally got over close to 8 o'clock. The children carried to her house all the gifts their Geet didi received and wishing her good night, they left. 

Geet sat down on the wooden sofa, looking at the gifts and pondering over the happenings of the day. She had received birthday wishes from everyone who knew her except from the one person whose wishes mattered the most to her. Her eyes grew moist as she struggled hard to overcome her disappointment. Realising she had not prepared anything for dinner, she hurried to the kitchen to start cooking.  Just then she heard the front door bell ring.  Expecting to see a tired and worn out Maan, she was surprised to see a refreshed and excited Maan at the door step.  Before she could recover from the shock, he proceeded to blindfold her with a large handkerchief and ignoring her protests, he whisked her in his arms and carried her out, banging their door shut on the way.   Geet kept asking him where he was taking her but he would not utter a word. She could feel him carrying her up many flights of stairs.

Soon they reached their destination. Maan gently let her down and removed the blindfold. Geet looked around in curiosity and realised that they were on the terrace of the chawl building.  The walls of the terrace were lit up by small diyas.  On the water tank of the chawl was stuck a large banner which proclaimed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DARLING WIFE" in big red letters.  On one side of the terrace was a table on the centre of which was a small black forest cake. The table was set for dinner for two. Geet clasped her hands in glee, looking around at the arrangements her husband had made without her knowledge. She rushed to her husband and hugged him tight.

"You remembered Maan, you remembered my birthday?!" she exclaimed.    

"When did I forget, to remember it?" he asked her amusedly.

"You did not wish me in the morning. I thought you had forgotten."

Maan then knelt before her and with his hand crossed against his heart recited these lines which he himself had composed:

"I wasn't there to greet you into this world

I wasn't there for most part of your life;

But I'm here with you now, and will always be

Till the very end, my beloved wife."

When he finished, he took her hands in his and kissed them.

Geet was surprised to see the poet in him.

"I did not know you wrote poetry!" she exclaimed.

Getting up, he said, "I don't normally write poems, Geet, but you are a great source of inspiration." 

He then explained to her why he waited till now to wish her.  "Your family and friends have known you longer than I have. So I wanted them to have the opportunity to wish you first. But I want to have you exclusively to myself after that so that I can celebrate the closing hours of your birthday with you. Although I am a late entrant into your life, I am the one who will be with you now and forever."

He continued, "I kept everyone informed about my plan. That is why no one bothered you with too many questions about my whereabouts. I had returned from work while you were at the hall.  After freshening up, I had come up here to make these arrangements. As I had already bought the dinner, I asked them to keep you busy till dinner time so that you would not have time to prepare anything. So, Mrs. Geet Maan Singh Khurana, how do you like my surprise?"

Geet punched his chest in mock anger and said she loved her surprise.

"Wait, there is more", he said.

He then went to the music player plugged to one corner of the terrace and switched it on. The song Nothing's gonna change my love for you sung by George Benson played on it.                            

Looking at Geet's surprised expression, Maan explained that Sameera had told him this was her all time favourite love song. So he wanted to play it for her. Moreover, the song conveyed exactly what was in his heart. Then, holding her hands in his, he gently dragged her to him. He slipped one hand around her waist and gently swayed to the music. Geet immediately fell in line and put one hand on his shoulder. They held each other and danced through the song.

At the end of it, Maan kissed her forehead and led her to the table. He extended the knife to her and after she cut the cake, he fed her a piece. As she bit the piece, he leaned forward and bit the part that was sticking out of her mouth, brushing his lips against hers as he did so.  A tingling sensation ran through her body and she bent down her head. He gave her small gift wrapped box. On opening it, Geet found a cell phone inside. He told her that now he can call her through the day and whisper sweet nothings. Geet blushed and gave him another hug.

They then had their dinner in silence looking deep into each other's eyes. The light from the diyas flickered, enhancing the romantic ambience. After dinner they sat on the mat Maan had spread out and chatted for hours. Geet told him that this was the best birthday she ever had. As their eyelids grew heavy, they stretched themselves on the mat and fell asleep in each other's arms under the sky lit by the near full moon and the stars. The diyas burnt themselves out as the night wore on.  

Continued here:

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
smj1977.shruti thumbnail

beautiful celebration

Edited by smj1977 - 13 years ago
sanu3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Opti,

I lubss yous... 🤗

loved Sameera's and Geet's heart to heart talk ......

as far as Maaneet are together .. am sure they can easily pass any hurdle... it'll only strengthen their bond  😊

continue soon

love
Sana
Edited by sindu555 - 13 years ago