Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: smj1977

hungry preethiaπŸ˜†

Will satisfy your hunger soon.
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Part XXX

They reached home close to midnight and got ready to go to bed.  It is only then that Geet realised that she had no clothes to change into since her suitcase was still at Sneha's apartment. As it was difficult to cart the suitcase in their bike, Sneha had volunteered to send it through her driver the next day.  Geet had forgotten to remove a couple of clothes from it which she could have then used till she gets back her suitcase.  The dress she was wearing was quite sweaty and filthy as she had been wearing it the whole day. The beach walk had only made it dirtier. She did not want to get into bed in it. Maan who had just returned from a shower, saw her perplexed expression.

Understanding her problem, he took out one of his shirts and a pair of bermudas from the cupboard and handed it to her. As she did not have much of a choice, she gratefully accepted it and went to have a quick shower. Maan was already in bed when she returned in his shirt and shorts. She had to tie a string around her waist to hold up the shorts which were more like capri than shorts for her. Seeing her husband try to suppress a smile, Geet playfully hit his arm. He dragged her by her wrist and pulled her into their bed. After chatting for a few minutes, they kissed each other good night and settled into each other's arms, drifting into a deep slumber, dreaming pleasant dreams about each other.      

She got up in the morning to find herself tightly encased in his arms, her face smothered against his rock solid chest. She tried lifting her head and hit his chin hard.  Hearing him wince, she hurriedly got up to examine the extent of damage.

"Don't worry, no broken bones yet," Maan drawled languidly, slowly opening his eyes to gaze at the most exquisite vision before him.

"Sorry, didn't mean to hurt you", she apologised and rubbed his chin across his soft beard.

Holding her head between his hands, he said. "No problems, honey. I am prepared to get hit by this pretty little head any number of times." He took her hands in his and continued, "Especially if I get massaged by these soft silky hands afterwards." He then lifted her palms up to his lips and gently kissed them.

Geet dipped her head in shyness. Propping himself up on his elbow, he lifted her chin to look into her eyes. "Do you know how beautiful you look when you blush?" he asked her.  She gave him a shy smile, showing her dimples. "You are even more beautiful when you smile", he continued.

"You are no mean looker yourself. You are very handsome, simply gorgeous," she said, in an awe struck tone.  

"Am I, really?" he said in a half amused voice.

She batted her eyelids and before he could respond, quickly got up from the bed and was about to step out with her tooth brush when she realised she was still in his shirt and shorts. As it was broad daylight she would only raise a lot of eyebrows if she stepped out in that attire.  Maan understood her plight and volunteered to get a dress from Manju. 

"But what will you tell her if she asks you why were you borrowing the housecoat?" asked Geet.

"Well, I'll tell her that all your nighties need to be washed," replied Maan as he stepped out of their house.

By the time he returned with Manju's housecoat, Geet had made up the bed and boiled the water for tea. While Maan went to take care of his morning routine, Geet changed into Manju's dress and prepared the tea for him before going to complete her own morning routine.  

As they were finishing up their breakfast, Sneha's driver came with Geet's suitcase. Taking the suitcase from him, she offered him tea and looked up to see the chawl kids. They had come to invite them for the stapana (installation) of the Ganesh idol. It is only then that they remembered it was Ganesh Chathurti that day. Geet changed into her own clothes and they went down for the puja. The entire chawl had gathered there.  A huge idol of Lord Ganesha was brought in and installed on the small stage erected for the purpose.  As the people started disbursing after paying their obeisance to the God, Sameera came up to greet them.  While Maan reciprocated warmly, Geet turned her face away from her, sulking.  Sameera held her hand and asked her what was the matter. Maan, sensing that the two girls needed to have a heart-to-heart talk, left them together and returned to his home.  After he had left, Sameera said quietly,

"Geet, I know you are angry with me."

"Why did you not tell me about Maan before we got married?"

"What good would it do?"

"I would have ensured that the two of you were united."

"What about Anwesha? Do you think that your brother would have married her if Maan had not married you and signed over the property to him?"

"I would have agreed to marry any guy Arjun would have chosen for me only if he marries Anwesha."

"You expect me to sit back and let my friend's life be ruined in this manner? Look Geet, I was initially upset about losing Maan but when I realised I was losing him to you I was happy and relieved. I knew that Maan is one person I can trust my life with and you are as precious or maybe even more precious than my life, Geet."

Geet was moved to tears. She clung to Sameera and said how sorry she was for coming between them.  Sameera rubbed Geet's tears away and said that she has no regrets.  She has faced so many disappointments in life and has learnt to survive them.  Maan was a very dear friend of hers. They shared their troubles with each other and over time became each other's support system.   They thought that what they felt for each other was love but it was only after they parted did they realise that however strong their bond was, it was nowhere close to love.  She understood that when she first saw them together at their place.  She thought that she will feel some pangs of jealousy but strangely she did not.  She only felt extremely happy that her two best friends were now husband and wife.  She was also a firm believer of destiny.  Whatever had happened in her life may evoke the deepest sympathies from people but actually things have turned out quite well. When her father left them and her mother lost her mental balance, her grand mom was there to take care of both of them. When she died, she was already old enough to take care of herself. The trials she had been through in life have made her a stronger, independent person.   Khuranaji's family has always been her emotional support. Even now she considers Maan as one of her closest friends who understands her like none other but as a life partner Maan would have been totally inappropriate for her.

"Imagine, Geet, what our lives would have been like if Maan and I had got together. We would have had a world war every day of the week.  Both of us have a fiery temper, both of us are obstinate, both of us are too proud to give in easily.  It would have been a recipe for disaster. Thankfully destiny intervened and averted a catastrophe by uniting Maan and you. Only you with your patience and care could have tamed the wild side of Maan and made him shine, Geet. Only you could have brought out the best in him and you have.  And Maan is so right for you, Geet. You needed a strong, independent minded and loving man to guide you, to protect you, and to cherish you. Maan is just the man for you. He brings out the best in you." Sameera spoke to her in all sincerity. Geet felt a large burden of guilt lift off her shoulder.

Holding her hands, Geet asked her what did she intend to do with her life?

"What is wrong with my life right now? What do I need to do? I have the most wonderful friends around me and a good job which gives me a decent salary. My mom's health is also improving. What more do I need?"

"But don't you need a life partner, Sameera? How long do you intend to stay single?"

"What? Get married and give up all this freedom? Geet, I don't think I am the marrying kind.  I don't want to punish any guy for life. Let me enjoy my singledom."

Geet realised there was no use talking to her but she secretly made up her mind to scout around for a good boy for her dear friend. Before leaving she invited her over to their place for lunch. Sameera gladly agreed. That afternoon the three friends animatedly discussed their lives over lunch.  Sameera was always good entertainment. She brought life to any conversation. As she knew both Maan and Geet equally well she was able to tell each of them things about the other that they did not know. They were so engrossed in their talk that they did not realise the time fly by. 

Soon it was evening. After having tea, Sameera excused herself to finish her weekly shopping. Waving her good-bye, Geet held Maan's arm and leaned against him.  Holding her by the cheek he kissed the top of her head.  They were at peace with each other.

Continue here:

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
-memorable- thumbnail
LOVED SAMEERA & GEET'S CONVERSATION
SAMEERA SEEMS TO BE A NICE PERSON IN THIS FF
DO CONTπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by agmaneet - 13 years ago
panchjun5 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey Opti....πŸ€—...Hope you are feeling better...😊

EDITED---This is for your XXIX Update....By the time I posted my comments...you had posted the next part....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I loved this sweet update...After all the turmoil and conflict that these two went through, now they are relaxed. The knowledge that the someone you love, loves you back makes a person blissfully happy...it calms your heart. And the world seems like Eden. You have portrayed this excellently in this update.

And the line that I loved the most was...It doesn't matter what Man Has but what Man is....this is so true....Materialistic things are here today gone tomorrow but the virtue and character of a person will always be there with them....
Beautiful Opti....πŸ‘....An has aptly named you as Pearl Weaver.....you string together pearls of wisdom in your stories and turn it into a priceless necklace....πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by panchjun5 - 13 years ago
myedward12 thumbnail
wonderful update..........
smj1977.shruti thumbnail

Holding her head between his hands, he said. "No problems, honey. I am prepared to get hit by this pretty little head any number of times." He took her hands in his and continued, "Especially if I get massaged by these soft silky hands afterwards." He then lifted her palms up to his lips and gently kissed them.

loved it
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: panchjun5

Hey Opti....πŸ€—...Hope you are feeling better...😊

EDITED---This is for your XXIX Update....By the time I posted my comments...you had posted the next part....πŸ˜†

I loved this sweet update...After all the turmoil and conflict that these two went through, now they are relaxed. The knowledge that the someone you love, loves you back makes a person blissfully happy...it calms your heart. And the world seems like Eden. You have portrayed this excellently in this update.

And the line that I loved the most was...It doesn't matter what Man Has but what Man is....this is so true....Materialistic things are here today gone tomorrow but the virtue and character of a person will always be there with them....
Beautiful Opti....πŸ‘....An has aptly named you as Pearl Weaver.....you string together pearls of wisdom in your stories and turn it into a priceless necklace....πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yes, I am Kavi and thanks for asking. Yes, they are finally at peace with each other. You pick exactly those phrases that I insert in the parts which I would like to emphasise in future.  A very perceptive reader I must say. And thanks for the compliment. That is very flattering.