Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lil_desi_goddes thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
fantastic update! please do continue soon!
creddy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
congrats on the new thread...love ur ff...great update...hope remembers geet soon
funnymonkey thumbnail
congrats on the new thread loved it
but one thing that I am confused about or maybe you mentioned it before in the update
Where is meera and Vicky????
Could you point me to the right controversial post or the update where you talked abou them??

Thank you in advance
and loved the update
Geet's past is indeed very interesting....how could Maan not remember her hanging arnd the haveli 😆😆😆😆😆
divareena thumbnail

awww maan is checking geet out in her gym wear. How could those women talk so rude about geet.

Me glad that maan is now going to make an effort to find out more about geet.

doosheeka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
fabulous update.........continue soon...................
mishtib thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
congrats for new thread  laxmi

bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
your story is so interesting.....i'm new to ff and read it only today! ur style and narration is so gripping that i read it in one go!! happy abt it too coz i didn't have to wait in b/w chapters! hope to read more soon!!
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 25
Feb. 26, 2011 6:25 pm

"Maan, you and Geet are going to accompany me to the Watson's Annual Silent Charity Auction next Saturday."

Maan, who had been about to put a spoonful of potato soup into his mouth, suddenly dropped the spoon back into his bowl and looked at Dadi angrily. "Dadi, I've told you before, I won't go to those kinds of things. Just remember what happened when you dragged me along to that Christmas party. Never again!"

"Beta, I've had enough of your reclusive ways. You don't want to go to all the parties that get thrown every week, fine. But your Dada and I always used to support local charities and it's high time you started doing the same. Now that you're with Geet, both of you need to start living up to your social obligations. I don't want to hear another word of protest."

Maan glared at Dadi, but from the expression on her face he could tell that she didn't want to listen to him. He looked at Geet to intervene, but she just shrugged and said, "I think she's right Maan. You might not want to admit it, but you do have a responsibility to the community. We should go."

Maan had stayed silent while Geet spoke, but when she paused he opened his mouth. Before he could say anything Geet continued, "Don't say anything about not wanting to talk politics. I'm sure you can stay away from such talk if you really try. Most of Chicago's well known businessmen will be there. If you actually made an effort to talk to them, instead of just standing around like an angry young man, I'm sure you could find a lot of interesting things to discuss."

Maan was about to blast Geet royally, but just before a glance at Dadi made him pause. He realized that in normal circumstances, when a girlfriend spoke so rationally to her boyfriend he would probably agree. With Dadi right there, how could he do any different? He really didn't want to, but not seeing any other option, reluctantly agreed. Dadi couldn't have been more pleased.

"Geet, do you know what this means?" asked Dadi. Geet shook her head no. "It means we get to go shopping next week."

"Why?"

"Why? To get new dresses, of course."

"But Dadi, I already have those two new dresses you got me. I can wear one of them."

"Oh no, Geet, that won't do. It's all right to wear every day clothes again and again, but for a society function, it is the biggest faux pas for a woman to wear the same dress more than once. Believe me, Geet. I know from experience."

"But Dadi, none of those people know me."

"Geet, you are the girlfriend of Maan Singh Khurana. At the risk of inflating my grandson's already extremely large ego, that makes you a person everyone knows. People will remember everything you do, including what clothes you wear. We're going shopping and that's final."

"But..."

"You know, Geet," interrupted Maan, "if it's that much of a problem for you, we can just skip the whole thing. I wouldn't want to force my darling girl to do anything she didn't want to do."

Geet glared at Maan, not fooled by his sweetly said words. Not force her to do anything, hah! That's all he'd been doing for months. And this time he was trying to make her the reason for not following Dadi's wishes. Well, she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

"No, it's alright. Dadi we can go shopping next week. I can do it whenever works for you."

"Wonderful. I'll have to check my schedule and let you know when."

Geet gave something between a smile and a grimace, and turned her attention back to her food. Maan was a little perturbed that he hadn't been able to get out of going. However, there was a consolation prize. He had discovered something very interesting about Geet Handa. It seemed the amazingly talented Ms. Handa did not like to go shopping, a trait that was very different from most other girls he had known. Smirking silently to himself, he decided that he could definitely have some fun with this.

"GT, rrrmmm gggggg mmmmm?"

"JD, don't talk with your mouth full. You might choke. Chew all your food and swallow before you say anything."

JD quickly swallowed his food and asked again, "GT, are you going to another party?"

"Yes, Uncle, Dadi and I are all going to a party next Saturday. Why are you asking? You're not upset that we will be gone, are you?"

"No. I don't mind, as long as you come back home."

Feb. 26, 2011 9:40 pm

It was getting late and Geet had only just finished up in the kitchen. Poor Nakul had a cold, so he had been stuck in bed, leaving Geet to do all the clean up work. Making her way back to her room, she couldn't help but pass by Maan's office. She was very tempted to go in there and give him a piece of her mind about his behavior earlier, but she could hear him talking to someone. She was a little surprised that he would be on the phone this late with someone, that too on Saturday.

"I told you that I'm not interested in knowing only partial facts. You can send me all the information after you've done a thorough investigation."

From the sound of the conversation, it was obvious that he wasn't speaking with a client. She supposed it must be someone who was researching companies for him. Deciding it was too late to speak to him, Geet continued to make her way down the hall and toward the stairs.

Feb. 27, 2011 10:00 am Somewhere

A lone figure stood on a hilltop. To onlookers it would seem as if this person was enjoying mother nature's beauty. The reality was quite different. All outside stimulation was entirely ignored. Only the silent, internal conversation was perceived.

"How could I have failed? I made my plan so carefully."

"You didn't fail."

"If I didn't fail, then why didn't things happen the way I envisioned?"

"Obviously, you relied on the wrong people."

"I will be more careful this time."

"It's better not to trust anyone."

"I can't do it alone. I don't have to trust them, just chose wisely."

"Don't be hasty. Think things through very carefully. Success always follows intelligent planning. You need more information before you do anything.

laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maan4EVA

congrats on the new thread loved it
but one thing that I am confused about or maybe you mentioned it before in the update
Where is meera and Vicky????
Could you point me to the right controversial post or the update where you talked abou them??

Thank you in advance
and loved the update
Geet's past is indeed very interesting....how could Maan not remember her hanging arnd the haveli 😆

For the moment I would say the beginning of Conversational Post #3 is the answer to your question. Or you can reread the chapters and try to guess for yourself. That's all I can say for now.

punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
nice part
i wonder who those people.. or person is in the "Somewhere" parts

hope for more maaneet scenes in the next part with JD

aww poor JD is so cute.. all he wants is love, which is evident through his only line at the end.."as long as you come home"-- how cute yet heart wrenching

con't soon!