Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shamima- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Wow you really do understand situations like this really good I mean how can you get the minute details and then protest it in your characters and I understand about geet I mean obviously she can't just state it's love just like that after everything she went through she would have her doubts and what this all is so she need go breathe andthink about it carefully before she understands and I agree with how you are writing these chapters on geets presepcetive and I'm loving it cause you do have a gift and the way you can analysreal life situations is just amazing and it reflects in this ff anyways great update and continue soon 😊
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hello there,
1st I would say that I enjoy and look forward to your post.  Keep up the gr8 wrk.

2nd I'm not sure if I missed something here, it might sound silly, but nonetheless..i'm done looking for answer of my own, so here it goes.  On your Pink Slip I read few times Geet calling him J, what is it?   Jealous?

"I saw a Peet's coffe cup...It was steaming hot and a post it stuck to it…it read

" Half-Caff black.

Have a great day…J"

GeetKhurana:" Teek Hain Boss …Sirji…J"

Preethi-Premi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
👏👏👏 This was very good dear!!! relly loved it

Originally posted by: Newdime

Hello there,
1st I would say that I enjoy and look forward to your post.  Keep up the gr8 wrk.

2nd I'm not sure if I missed something here, it might sound silly, but nonetheless..i'm done looking for answer of my own, so here it goes.  On your Pink Slip I read few times Geet calling him J, what is it?   Jealous?

"I saw a Peet's coffe cup...It was steaming hot and a post it stuck to it'it read

" Half-Caff black.

Have a great day'J"

GeetKhurana:" Teek Hain Boss 'Sirji'J"

Thanks for your comments...Today's post will be dealyed...I'm still in office. 😭

It was a smiley in the word document when copy pasted turned into a J....😡 The copy paste here doesn't work great..

But that calls for another edit after I post here...Thanks for pointing it out.
Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hey ,

Pink Slip is another wonderful update. Presently, Geet is still trying to find a place for herself in her life, she is trying to find out where she belongs and where she stands. From India to Toronto, she did not get a chance to find out her own identity, her identity was attached with someone else. When she came to New York she wanted to see if she could make it on her own, if she could survive it on her own and be successful, if she could find her identity.

New York was not easy for her either…she stumbled many times and fortunately Maan was always there for her catching her before she fell. Maan cares for her a lot and always wants to be there for her. Geet appreciates what Maan does for her, but at the same time, she always feels like she is the one who is always receiving. There is no balance. Maan is already settled and has a status and position for it is very easy for him to help out Geet when she needs her help. But does this mean Geet should continue to take the help from him all the time. Where will this leave Geet?

When will she ever find out if she can manage on her own? If she can make herself successful without anyone's help? She needs to do this on her own for her own self-worth, self-respect and self-esteem.

This is where her confusion lies, she does not know if she loves Maan, or is it just attraction or is it gratefulness  that she feels towards Maan?

How can she distinguish from all of them? She was never in love before. She cannot imagine a life without Maan but at the same time she needs to be grounded herself she needs to find her space in this world in this life. If Geet does not find herself and her individuality right now then how will the relation proceed in the future, every time something happens Maan will be there for Geet and it will be a one way relationship. For a relationship to grow stronger there needs to be a balance on both sides. Geet also wants to know how and what she can contribute to this relationship...when it reaches that point.

But Geet can only contribte to the relationship once she knows where she stands.

Maan is also frustrated….he really cares about her and he does not understand why all of a sudden Geet is pushing him away. But it has nothing to do with Maan personally, Geet is just trying to find her individual self.  I can understand how Maan is authoritative and wants to do it all, but at the same time he needs to understand that he should let Geet walk on her own …until she reaches out for his help.

Not sure, if I expressed myself correctly here..

Rachana

pushpi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarmanshilpa

Hey ,

Pink Slip is another wonderful update. Presently, Geet is still trying to find a place for herself in her life, she is trying to find out where she belongs and where she stands. From India to Toronto, she did not get a chance to find out her own identity, her identity was attached with someone else. When she came to New York she wanted to see if she could make it on her own, if she could survive it on her own and be successful, if she could find her identity.

New York was not easy for her either'she stumbled many times and fortunately Maan was always there for her catching her before she fell. Maan cares for her a lot and always wants to be there for her. Geet appreciates what Maan does for her, but at the same time, she always feels like she is the one who is always receiving. There is no balance. Maan is already settled and has a status and position for it is very easy for him to help out Geet when she needs her help. But does this mean Geet should continue to take the help from him all the time. Where will this leave Geet?

When will she ever find out if she can manage on her own? If she can make herself successful without anyone's help? She needs to do this on her own for her own self-worth, self-respect and self-esteem.

This is where her confusion lies, she does not know if she loves Maan, or is it just attraction or is it gratefulness  that she feels towards Maan?

How can she distinguish from all of them? She was never in love before. She cannot imagine a life without Maan but at the same time she needs to be grounded herself she needs to find her space in this world in this life. If Geet does not find herself and her individuality right now then how will the relation proceed in the future, every time something happens Maan will be there for Geet and it will be a one way relationship. For a relationship to grow stronger there needs to be a balance on both sides. Geet also wants to know how and what she can contribute to this relationship...when it reaches that point.

But Geet can only contribte to the relationship once she knows where she stands.

Maan is also frustrated'.he really cares about her and he does not understand why all of a sudden Geet is pushing him away. But it has nothing to do with Maan personally, Geet is just trying to find her individual self.  I can understand how Maan is authoritative and wants to do it all, but at the same time he needs to understand that he should let Geet walk on her own 'until she reaches out for his help.

Not sure, if I expressed myself correctly here..

Rachana

Rachana, you covered literally EVERYTHING I would have said....thats amzing and also not fair. Leave something for me to write too hehe....
Beautifully expressed emotions of Maan and Geet Hasini :-) Like I told you, while they both need to find their ground personally, their being together acts as a catalyst in discovering themselves and each other as well. Their relationship will evolve much more with a stronger foundation if they discover themselves first before giving the opposite person the joy of being in love with the other (I hope this makes sense to you lol)

Keep writing and stay happy :-)
Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pushpi

Rachana, you covered literally EVERYTHING I would have said....thats amzing and also not fair. Leave something for me to write too hehe....
Beautifully expressed emotions of Maan and Geet Hasini :-) Like I told you, while they both need to find their ground personally, their being together acts as a catalyst in discovering themselves and each other as well. Their relationship will evolve much more with a stronger foundation if they discover themselves first before giving the opposite person the joy of being in love with the other (I hope this makes sense to you lol)

Keep writing and stay happy :-)

@ Pushpi, Theek hai...next time I will leave something for u too :))) ❤️
@ Hasini, Cannot wait for upcoming updates.....I am literally addicted to dis. ....❤️
Love
Rachana
pop77 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice FF..Maan try best to stay with Geet..Geet try to ruin..waiting for next part..I hope Now Maan has to tell her that I want to spend more time with you like relationship..Instead waiting for her answer..

Part 33: Hazy boundaries…

<Geet's monologue>

Now I had two men in my life…Maan and MK…My Maan…I don't where he is right now and neither do I know how or when to get him back…

But MK…he was here to stay…infact he was sitting right in front of me and crunching some numbers…

I had no idea who this guy was…

Geet…meet Mr.Sadoo

Mr.Sadoo meet Geet…

I had gotten a glipse of him at the airport and in office…but things changed and Maan came out...only for a little while…like the sunshine that I got on cold wintery NY days…its unpredictable and no one knew how long it lasts…

<Maan's monologue>

According to her…I'm a split personality…Maan and MK…to me I was all the same…the one who always puts her above anything else…

I wanted to be a part of her life in every way…She cannot expect me to stand in the sidelines and watch her struggle with every roadblock that comes her way…

But I was not ready to give up this time. She has to decide who she needs...Maan or MK…If she expects Maan Singh Khurana to be behind her, then she is wrong and if she wants to get a real taste of me…I'm all for it…

Maan:"Geet…so are the closing numbers ready?"

Geet:" Yes MK…I have already sent it to you…"

It was already 10.00 AM…the meeting was over…but I wanted her to sit down and go through the numbers with me

Geet:"Sorry MK…I can't now…I will book another time on your calendar?"

Maan:" You have a meeting now?"

Geet:" No…I have scheduled this time for me to work on something…so I cant…"

She was about to leave…

Maan:" Geet…Main tumhara Director hoon…aur main decide karta hoon ki meeting katam ho gaya hai ki nahi…"

Geet:" Aur main…is company ka employee hoon…I can decide to walk out of the meeting once the scheduled hour is over…"

She knew to push my buttons alright…

Maan:"Nahin...tum galat ho Geet…Main yeh baat bhi decide karta hoon ki tum is company ka employee rahe sakte ho ki nahin…"

<Geet's monologue>

He was indeed right…he was two levels up…he belonged to the execs now…

Geet:"Aur main bhi decide kar sakthi hoon ki mujhe is company mein rehna hain ki nahi…"

He was taken back….

Maan:" Accha…job chod ke jaana chahte ho…to jao…maine kahaan tumhe roka hai…"

Geet:"Jab…voh time ayega toh…voh bhi karoongi…aapko kehne keliye koi zaroorat nahin..."

I left the cabin….I went to my desk and sent him a meeting invite to meet after an hour later…

I could have done it right then and there…but Maan….I mean MK didn't deserve it…

I was running around to different aisles…to get the numbers right before I met with him…and that is when it all went down….the laptop slipped from my hand and the LCD boke…

Babaji…ye bhi abhi hona tha kya….

I raised a ticket for my laptop to be fixed….and then went to his cabin to give him the ticket number to approve the same.

Maan:" Hmmm…I thought we still had 20 mts before we meet…"

He didn't look at me…

Geet:"Nahin…I broke my laptop screen…I have raised a ticket for it to be fixed…Here is the number…it needs your approval…"

Maan:" Tumhe kisi bhi cheez ki kohi kadar nahin….Jaante ho…until the laptop comes back to you the company is paying you for nothing…aur kitna productivity  loss hota hain…"

I didn't want to respond to him…I just acknowledged and was about to walk away…

Maan:" I'm not done yet…Main decide karta hoon ki tum kab is cabin se jaa sakte ho…"

He walked up to me…and held me by my wrist and pulled me close…

He didn't have to be that rude…and what is all this in office?

Geet:" Chodiye mujhe…MK…."

I tried to shake his grip off…and his grip was tightening…all the time he spent in gym was coming in to picture now…

It seemed as if my blood supply to my hand was being cut off…

Geet:"AAhhh…."

He let go of my hand…For a minute there I thought I saw Maan….but MK was back…

Geet:" Ab is company ka productivity loss nahin hota hain kya…jab aap aapka kaam chodke yaahan tak aakar meri haath pakad the hain tho…"

He walked away…

Geet:" Aap to jaante haina…ki yeh HR violation hain…harassment bhi ho sakta hain…"

Maan:" Violation…accha…"

He came even closer and put his hand around my waist and brought me closer to him…Yeh! Toh had hai…Had it been any other day…I would lay there in his arms forever…I was only thankful for the blinds that were closed…else I would just be office ka taaza khabar…and his anger probably took advantage of the closed blinds as well…He held me that way for a moment longer and let me go….

<Maan's monologue> She was surprised…I didn't understand my actions either.I was mad about the fact that she was telling me what was HR violation and harassment were…She was affected by my actions…She couldn't face me…I never realized her waist was no narrow…I could feel her every inch of the way…She smelled as if she had bathed herself in a spicy oriental scent…My left hand was tempted to rest in the small of her back…and that's when I couldn't make out if she was upset or….How can that be? The question haunted me…I had to snap out of it…I was giving away too much…

Maan:"Isse kahte hain…HR violation...So you want to get back at me for this morning…Now you want to get me fired…Toh! Dek lethey kain…kaun pehle bahaar jaa tha hain…"

<Geet's monologue>

I had still not recovered from the closeness to him…His scents lingered on me…

Geet:"You  know what…it doesn't matter… main jitna bhi aapke hisaab se kaam karne ke liye try karoongi..toh bhi aapke liye kam hi padega…LCD toh sirf ek aur bahana hain aapko chillane ke liye…"

Maan:" Kaam teek se karogi…tab na…Sometimes it's the wrong PPT, nahin to reports time pe delivery nahin hota hain…yaah kuch na kuch toot jata hain…us din phone…aur aaj LCD…"

Geet:"MK…."

He had done it… It was beyond the point of no return…I couldn't take it anymore…It was time for retaliation...

Geet:"Ok…let me also see…aap aapka kaam kaise karte hain…? I will prove that you are a normal human too…Main bhi peeche hatne waali nahin hoon..."

I didn't want to stay there one minute…I stormed out…

I had forgotten amidst all this that I had the next meeting with him in 10 mts…

I might as well just camped out with him there…

I went back to his cabin.

Geet:" Toh…MK…mera paas Laptop nahin hain…do you still want to continue with the meeting?"

Maan:"Haan…you sent it to me right…toh…we will use my laptop…"

One laptop…toh mujhe uske paas baitna hain…Babaji…

I pulled a chair to the same side he was seated and sat next to him…

I had never sat that close to him in office…we have had our closer moments… but never in office…we had sat face to face before…or sometimes he has sat behind me…but never this close side by side… and I can never get used to being closed to him…there was something about him that made me feel like it was the first time…

I wondered what was in store for me…His cologne already had a hook on me and was slowly pulling me closer to him…

He opened the excel and started going through the numbers….

I missed Maan…I waited for Maan to come out and surprise me…No more calls…No more emails…No more coffee shop meetings…It had already been a week…Day by day the anger scale was rising…I didn't know how to put an end to Mr.Sadoo…

I wanted to gaze at him some more time…to see if Maan would show up…

He caught me looking at him…

Maan:" Geet…Yeh numbers yahan pe match kyon nahin ho raha hain…."

I continued looking at him…It was a penance that he was trying to break…may be if I could hold onto my gaze for one second longer…Maan will be there…

He came close and held my arm…he shook me as if to wake me up…indeed I was dreaming because I was expecting Maan to show up…

Maan:"Geet…mujhe dekte rahogi…ya jawab dene ka iraada bhi hain…"

Geet:" Huh!....ji…."

Maan:" Kabhi…Kam pe bhi dyaan diya karo…Aur mujhe goorna band karo…"

I had to snap out of it…I looked at the excel to see what he was asking for…I gave him the explanation…

I struggled the whole time to stay close and not help stare at him…

He was way too occupied with work…I don't think I can ever keep him from getting his work done…I wondered what he was made up…His restraint didn't falter.

<Maan's monologue>

May be I should have cancelled the meeting…I don't want her sitting so close to me…

What if I make any mistakes?…She already thinks I'm harassing her…

She can really push my temper…and I end up doing something I don't want to…

Does she know how she makes me want to sell my soul to the devil just to have her?

Like how she made me pull her closer….Yes she made me do it…Me…in the right senses would never…

She was so close to me…She was trying to grab a pen from the other side…For a second I felt her cheek touched mine…I wasn't sure…

<Geet's monologue>

Dhust Dhanav….Sirf apne aapke baare main soch te rahte hain….Aur yeh! Numbers…Pen…Haan vus taraf hain…Babaji…Why is he so nervous? Is something wrong? He was almost about to break into a sweat…

Iska blood pressure to teek hain na…Or could it be…he couldn't handle being so close to me? Vile thoughts were running in my head….Mr Maan Singh Khurana…toh aap ladikiyon ko itne paas se handle nahin kar sakte? Ab pata chala aapka weakness… I had a mental roar of a laughter…

We finished our review…

Maan:"Geet…we have to get this presented at my 4oclock.. block your calendar…The meeting is at the 57th floor…"

Hmmm…I was trying to hatch evil plans to sabtogae his meeting…MK toh teek hain…lekin Maan ko bhi…

I wondered how to bring him down…I wanted him to know …ki woh bagwaan nahin hain…

At 3.45 we got on the elevator…It was office closing hours….we had to get in atleast 15 mts early to the elevator else we would end up running late as the elevator keeps stopping at almost all floors…

It was pretty crowded…We got in together…The crowd moved us around and I landed right in front of him…and he was dangerously close…

Babaji….I couldn't say anything else….

I was melting with every breath of his on my nape…For a second…I wanted to turn around and face him…for I was sure his anger will keep me from doing anything stupid…why did I feel he knew what he was doing to me?

<Maan's monologue>

There was no doubt…she was affected by our closeness…I wanted time to stop and for us to stay that way for eternity…but the next best thing to that was that I knew how to attack her now.

We sat next to each other in the meeting room…I wanted to move close…now that I knew what to do…to my surprise she moved her chair closer to mine too…Ok…I' not backing out either…

I connected my Mac to the projector and we started reviewing numbers…I also started passing the printouts….when she clutched my hand along with the paper…

I couldn't continue what I was saying…I had to pause for a moment…and she let go of my hand… It must have been a mistake…or was it intentional?

Everyone in the room were looking at me to see if I was alright…Why I had stopped the introduction….

She had a sly smile on her face…Hmmm…so is that how she wants to move her coins?

<Geet's monologue>

I got you Mr..MK….

I was to take over for the next part…I switched to the excel I had to share on his Mac…I started explaining the logic behind the same….

He tried to clutch my hand under the table….Babaji….I wanted to scream…that was the least expected…

I couldn't say anything further…

Josh:" Geet….Are you ok….Do you want some water?"

Geet:" No…Josh…."

I couldn't remember the next word I was supposed to say….looking at my nervousness he let go of my hand….Yeh! to ab bahuth hogaya….

<Maan's monologue>

I couldn't help….I had to…I had a smile on my face….

Now it was Q&A….the last part…I felt victorious…There were quite some questions…I wanted to go one by one….

Maan:" So the first one…We have a 2 million dip…"

Huh! ….She had her hand on my upper knee…trying to stroke it gently….

What was she trying to do…I had to break out of the nervousness she was causing me…I knew exactly what I had to do….I somehow needed the strength to get up from the chair…after a moment or two…I did and walked toward the white board and felt a sigh of relief…

I acted as if I wanted to point to the projected numbers as I answered the questions…Hopefully that wasn't all that odd….and then…there was only one thing one my mind…I had to get back to her…She cannot make me loose my face infront of all these people…

It was her turn…I prayed someone had a question for her…and now I had to return the favor she so graciously bestowed upon me..

<Geet's monologue>

I felt I was good at this….but he was even better….It was my turn and he retaliated as expected…

But the issue was that even though I expected it…I couldn't recover when his hand was on my lower thigh...

I wanted to run out of the room…I did when I finished my answer after quite bit of a pause…

I went to the restroom…calmed myself…

We had been crossing boundaries…I didn't know how to confront him about this…Should I just let it go?

I went to my desk grabbed my bag and satchel and left office…

He was there in the elevator…He was leaving too…

On days I needed him the most…he would never show up…and today I wanted him to stay away from me and yet he was around me more often than not.

Ofcourse he took the same subway…I managed two walk two steps ahead of him….It was cold…I was freezing…I had forgotten my gloves…He must have noticed it…he removed his gloves and gave it to me…I ignored it and walked even faster….We were at the apartment already and not a word was spoken till then…

We took the elevator together…There was awkwardness…I could sense it in him as well.

I was about to get off my elevator, when he stopped me…He held me by my wrist and closed the elevator door….

He didn't let me go…and I was trying to get his hands off my wrist…

We got off at his floor…which was the next…and he dragged me to his apartment…

He let go of my hand once we were inside…and closed the door behind us…

It seemed like Nakul was not home….

Geet:" Yeh! Sab kya hain Maan…I mean MK…"

Maan:" Geet…bahuth hoga ya hai….Tum decide kar lo…I can't take this nonsense anymore…"

He walked to get a glass of water….

I waited for him to get back at me…

I was tired…I sat down on the couch and put my feet up…I didn't feel strange doing so…I wanted to rest my head and neck…I leaned back to be a bit more comfortable…It was pitch dark outside and the stars were already peeping out from the heavens…

His apartment was my very own planetarium…All I had to do was look up and his open place was my gateway to the stars…I had gotten used to it when I was staying over from time to time when Maan was down with Mono.

<Maan's monologue>

This had to stop…It felt like some lines in the sand had been erased…but the boundaries were not clear now…I contemplated on how to start the conversation with her….

As I was removing my tie…I walked towards the couch….Her eyes were closed…She seemed to have fallen asleep…It must have been the nerves…Seeing her like that… my anger vaporized …

I didn't want to wake her up…I sat down on the the couch next to her…unbottoning my shirt…not sure if I should make her comfotable on the bed…I sat there watching her…

There was an air of innocence about her…

Clearly some chains were broken today…How much farther we had come…I wasn't sure…The day's proceedings were proof that we clearly affected by one another…

Maan:"Aur kitna intezaar karna padega Geet….paas ho kar bhi yeh dooriyan kyon? "

I dared to say that aloud…for I was partially sure she was asleep…my heart felt heavy….

I wanst sure I was ready to play this game with her…I waited for the day when we wouldn't have this distance between us….

Hours passed…for it only seemed moments when we were together…

I looked at the clock…it was 10.45 PM…I must have fallen asleep too….I was about to move…when I realized I was leaning on her head…and she was resting on my shoulder...Her hands were around my waist…and I was clutching her arms… Destiny must really have a funny bone in it…We started of the day by fighting like a cat and dog and now we had wound up in each others arms…

I wasn't sure if I would wake her up with my movements…I was torn between wanting to get up and wanting to stay that way…probably forever…

<Geet's monologue>

How did I fall asleep on the couch? I couldn't check the time properly…It was 2.23 AM…No…I'm not…I was on Maan's bed…I woke up quickly….He was nowhere to be found…I was properly tucked in…He must have carried me to the bed…I tried to picture it in my mind…and wished I could have stayed awake to take it all in.

I got out of bed to see where he was….He was sleeping on the couch…Was he comfortable? I watched him from standing behind the couch….time passed by…I could have been easily standing there for whole of half hour…I was tempted to push back his hair on his forehead…but I saved it for another day…I went back to bed…I pulled the sheets close to me and tried to catch a whiff of him on the comforter…

Perhaps our confrontation was not meant to happen today…I sighed…

I wished I knew the answer to my questions…for my heart ached at that moment…for being so close yet so far…

Hopefully...they will be able to deal with their boundaries soon...Please post and discuss...I get so excited when I'm not the only one writing long posts on this thread. Thanks to everyone who comments on the FF...

tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I'm totally speechless at this moment..do you know what ???you always make me read your updates again & again..Not fair,huh..😉 Just kidding..loved the moments between Maan & Geet..