Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Savageforlife

I've always thought a LOT about this .

I understand a human being's need for money and power but ...that third and last thing ...FAME ?

why is FAME equated with success ? is fame necessary ? why do ppl run after fame ? Like I said , I understand why they run after money and power but again WHY FAME ?

honestly WHY would you want tons of ppl knowing you only superficially  ? what kind of life is that if not a superficial one ? what's the joy in being talked about ? Is all this worth losing your privacy ?

I wanna hear someone else's view - maybe ppl can list something positive about it .

Your asking why being famous is a negative? I can tell you that millions/billions of people struggle daily just to have a five mins dose of fame.  Some people out there, would die to live the life of a famous person, i mean do they not sound too perfect to be true?  fame is about recognition, so yes fame, in my opinion does equate success, to be successful you need people to notice you, fame speaks for itself, in the form of person's talent and that talent can be anything, dancing, singing, acting, writing, painting etc . An artistic person normally requires their work to be noticed, so for such people fame is important.  You mentioned power and money, fame does not run after power or money, with fame comes power and money. But like everything in life, fame itself has its own price to pay, which you correctly pointed out, privacy and other issue such as dealing with rumours,  crazy fans/stalkers, media scrutiny etc etc....all this boils down to the individual themselves and how they handle their fame. Some handle it very well, whist others take it to their head and become arrogant, rude and start believing they are 'God''.

Every-one deals with fame of one sort another in their ordinary life too. If your above average in either, beauty, brain or your pocket. You would get some sort of fame, people like hanging around with such crowd, because it makes one feel better about themselves, for example ' i am dating or friends with the hottest/richest/brightest'' person at work/school/neighbourhood/town etc would get people talking, and some people like that attention. As far as how superficial the attention is, then its true that people would only want to know you if your rich and famous, no one would look twice at someone who is poor or helpless..no one except your true friends/family.

Edit to say, i thank fame for introducing me to some great artists, that i listen to, read and appreciate daily!...If you have talent, show it to people dont bury it. Its a difficult job being recognised and being famous, but once your there, your talent would never die. Im sure even the lame artists have at least a few fans lol!

Xoxo
Edited by the_Naked_face - 13 years ago
-scarlett- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Fame is referred to as a person being famous or being followed by many others... The word "Fame" in today's world signifies power and money because when you have fame more people will like you especially if you are in the film industry you will be in more demand. And the more fame a person has the more powerful and successful they are considered. However this is not true when it comes to their personality. Alot of people with fame are not considered as the best idols because they have became so called "models" for the world through cheap publicity...
Fame is told to get people more sucess in life and the people running after fame that achieve it are usually the ones that are paid big money.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
this is best expressed in the cricketing world.. if one helps the country win with individual performance he becomes famous.. if he is responsible for loss in the next match he becomes notorious... so no fame is never overrated.... it goes only as far as teh people want to idolize someone...
-Blossy- thumbnail

This question has no answer.It depends only upon the process through which you arrived to this fame....

Edited by crazilycrazy - 13 years ago