*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
*raising my hand and jumping up and down* me wants an update, me wants an update.

Laxmi, where are you girl? I am going through huge withdrawal symptoms here. I need the daily dose of your ff now. Waiting for your update.
-Pwincess- thumbnail
Hiiii Love your updates!! Can you add me to your PM list please.
Thanks x
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

pm list updated to include amotlymileo, neha2005, MaanEET_FAN, 1kaarzoo, lallulal2010, saba18, -Pwincess-

Originally posted by: *mittu*

*raising my hand and jumping up and down* me wants an update, me wants an update.

Laxmi, where are you girl? I am going through huge withdrawal symptoms here. I need the daily dose of your ff now. Waiting for your update.

I was at work.😲 I'm afraid that I won't always be able to do updates daily anymore. I used to stay up really late sometimes, working on them, but I just can't do that anymore.😭 I should be able to do at least every other day, maybe a bit sooner sometimes, but I just won't always be able to do it everyday. There's still lots of story left, so I won't be stopping anytime soon.πŸ‘ An update is coming in a few hours, and then I need to go straight to sleep.πŸ₯±

laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Nothing Can Keep Us Apart

Part 18 - The consequences

As she sat eating lunch with Maan, Geet thought about how different this day was turning out from how she thought it would be. Before he left for work this morning, Maan had insisted on bringing her breakfast in bed and staying to make sure she ate it. Now here they were eating chinese, which Maan had wanted to order, going over the new designs for their office. Geet had no idea how Maan could discuss the designs and eat at the same time, since he also insisted on feeding her, as she had never used chopsticks before.

He was also incredibly stubborn. Even though both she and the designer thought there wasn't enough space for two desks and a couch, Maan wouldn't agree. He wanted a couch, a full sized couch. Geet argued that everyone always sat in chairs, so the couch was never used, but he wanted it. Then Geet showed him how they would have to have smaller desks to fit a couch, still he wanted one. Geet tried to get him to explain why, but his only response was that as his was the final decision, he didn't need to explain his reasons. Finally Geet gave up, thinking if he didn't mind having a smaller desk and being crowded, then she didn't either.

Once finished with their lunch and discussion, Maan told Geet that she should meet with Adi and Pinky about starting the process of hiring a new secretary. When Geet hesitated, looking worried, Maan requested her to tell him what was the matter.

"I've never had to hire someone before. I don't think that I will know how to go about it." Geet played with her dupatta nervously as Maan listned to her fears of making a mistake that could affect a lot of people.

"Geet, there's no need to worry. You more than anyone know what kind of skills and qualities a person needs for this job. Adi and Pinky will help you narrow down and interview the candidates. Then you just have to choose the person you think is best for the job. The thing you have to realize is that no matter how many great candidates you have, in the end you can only choose one of them, so don't get too attached." After this conversation, Geet felt much better, and happily went off to discuss things with Adi and Pinky.

After seeing MK and Geet interact, Sasha had quickly come to the conclusion that everything she had heard on the phone was true. As she watch Geet speaking with Adi and Pinky through narrowed, jealous eyes, Tasha came to stand next to her.

"Ma'am, what are you thinking, is it about Miss Hoshiarpur?"

Sasha nodded, and said, "How did she ever get MK to marry her? I mean, look! Sindoor and mangalsutra? How low market and old fashioned. The MK I knew would never has spent even two seconds on someone like her."

Tasha and Sasha both continued starring at Geet until finally Tasha said excitedly, "Sasha!" At Sasha's angry look she said, "Mera matlab hai, Ma'am, silly me. Did you say Geet was pregnant?"

"Hmmmm."

"How pregnant?"

"I don't know, but it can't be too much, why?"

"Have you really looked at Geet? Because my sister had a baby, and I'm telling you that she looks like she's at least 4 months along, if not more."

As Sasha digested this information, an angry expression came over her face. "This means that she was pregnant before she and MK got married. I knew something was wrong. Somehow she seduced him and trapped him into this marriage. There's no other explanation. Well, if she's shameless enough to behave like that, then she'll have to bear the consequences!"

Near the end of the day, Adi and Pinky came in to speak with Maan while Geet was working in her old office. Pinky motioned to Adi that he should talk, but he was so nervous about what they had to tell, that he couldn't stop stuttering. Maan finally looked at Pinky in exasperation and raised his eyebrows, indicating that she should speak instead.

"DD, uh .... Sir, you said you wanted us to tell you any problem?"

"What problem?"

Pinky started telling him how she and Adi had overheard people in the office talking about him and Geet marrying so quickly, with her being obviously pregnant. How people were speculating that they had been forced to marry because of the baby. Some people had even suggested that Geet was a woman of loose morals who had seduced him, or that the baby might not even be his. Maan was angry, but he said that he would talk to Geet to make sure that she didn't allow what other people said about them to bother her. Pinky didn't agree.

"Sir, in normal circumstances that might be enough, but these circumstances aren't normal. Geet is a very high-moraled girl, so such talk would bother her anyway, but she is quite nervous about taking on new responsibilities. Added with her pregnancy, I think that she would feel a lot of stress if she heard the things people are saying around here. You did say we should tell you about anything that causes her stress."

"Theek hai," said Maan as he let out a frustrated sigh. "I'll deal with it tomorrow.

The next morning, before Geet had come in for work, Maan had all his staff gathered together. Thinking that he had called them for a normal meeting, no one had any idea what MK was going to talk about, except Pinky and Adi. Looking around Sasha was glad to see that Geet wasn't there. So far, she thought that her plan was working out well. She also noticed that Maan seemed to be back to his usual stone faced expression, which made Sasha feel much more comfortable.

When Maan saw that he had everyone's attention he began.

"I'm only going to say this once. Mujhe gossip bilkul pasand nahi. i pay all of you to work for Khurana Constructions, not spend your time chatting the day away. Gossiping about me, my wife, or any other staff member is unexceptable and will be dealt with accordingly. This is your only warning. Also, to be perfectly clear, my wife is now a partner in the company, and you will no longer address her as Geet, but either as Ma'am or Mrs. Khurana. That's all."

Throughout this lecture Sasha had been so astonished at MK's behavior, that she could barely keep herself from looking like a fish opening and closing its mouth. As everyone else left to go back to their work, Sasha stepped forward with the idea of trying to find out what was going on.

"MK, I'm sure that nobody was..."

"Sasha," interrupted Maan harshly, "I expect you to stop any talk going around in this office. You know how much I hate rumors." Wide eyed, Sasha nodded. "Even more than that, I hate people who spread rumors." With this last sentence Maan went back to his office, and a worried Sasha watched him walk away.

Precap:

A new secretary.
And Thanks Goes To:

"Ms. Hoshiarpur?" - July 9 episode

"Mujhe gossip bilkul pasand nahi." - June 29 episode

"I hate rumors." - July 9 episode

Author's note: as *mittu* has already discovered I will sometimes answer question in an interview type way. Anyone who would like to ask question about the storyline, or anything else they think is relevant to this FF, ask them in your post. I'll go through all the questions I get and pick some to answer next update. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, think "exclusive interview with the author, secrets revealed...."πŸ˜†

edited to add: I've seen a grand total of 2 questions. Seriously, no one wants to know or ask anything? You want me to make up my own questions again?😭 Come on people!πŸ₯Ί

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
amotlymileo thumbnail
Hey laxmi....awesome update...
loved Sasha's expressions when Maan was telling everyone off for gossiping...heheπŸ˜†

so Geet oops Mrs. Khurana is gonna interview candidates for the job of the secretary...wud be amazing..!!

and i wonder why Maan was so hell bent on having the couch in his office..ummm k i'll stop before my imaginations go all wildπŸ˜‰..

thnku for the pm...
Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
very well written..... cheers to u.. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

awesome workπŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ ... just loved ur post.. ❀️ πŸ˜ƒ
sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
mast tha kya scold kiya maan ne sabko
wow mast hai dadi is obviously favoring geet
hehe maan is totally helpless in front of women force.
do continue
bye sumi
*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
As I said earlier Sasha is going to burn from inside out and we will have our first proven case of internal combustion.

Great update dear. Maan is so caring towards Geet. I am sure he wanted the couch in the office because he wants Geet to rest in between her job. He is so sweet. Now I can't wait to see who Geet will choose as secretary for Maan. Will she be jealous of the new secretary. I can't wait to read.

You take your time for updating Laxmi. I know how tired you are once you come back from work. But again the sill spoilt child in me is whining I need a maha episode.
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
amazing part. loved it.
 loved the way maan told every one about not liking rumor .........
continue soon.
alias90 thumbnail
Oof, you do spoil us.
Love Sasha being jealuse.
But let's have a few Maneet scenes pwease!