dormantdreams thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
My parents divorced each other, I am now living with my dad.

I don't know how to handle this, I feel so empty like something is missing in my life. I have tried everything...talking to close friends and even my school counselor but I still feel empty. What would you do? Is there a way I can bring them back together? Please help me.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

persistence thumbnail
*Give it time; you will feel better.
*You can try yoga, meditation - always helps me, in time though.
*Try to not take it negatively, even though the situation is difficult. I guess you have two homes now.

I hope things get better for you. :)

Divorce is actually one of the worst thing that could happen to a child. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that. Your parents are adults and the reason why they got divorce is basically because they were not happy with each other. One thing you can do is you can ask your parents why they got divorce, maybe this will  re-assure you that they are happy even though they are not together.

You stay with your dad, and you feel lonely because maybe you miss you mum. Its a new thing for you.

I suggest you dont let this divorce affect your life, how about you go for a bit of holiday at your mum. Dont stay at home, this loneliness kills, go out with friends, do extra curriculum activities, help the society or do sports, make friends. There are soo many thing that you can do for not being alone..

You can talk to your dad or mum, tells them how your feeling, your missing a family enviroment. But just dont stay indoor, go out..

Hope this helps
GoldenPanda. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
It's normal to feel this way after a divorce. It'll take some time to sink in but after a while you will get used to it.

I agree with sweetangel that you should keep yourself busy with different activities and friends and that you also should ask the reason for the divorce.

I guess it's better if your parents are happy but divorced than unhappy but married, right?
Edited by GoldenPanda. - 13 years ago
mins97 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
agree with Sweetangel stay out of ur home and get into activities and hang out with friends!
dormantdreams thumbnail
Thank you friends 😊

I will try my best to engage in school activities and hopefully time will heal everything. I visit my mum now and then :)
dormantdreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: persistence

*Give it time; you will feel better.

*You can try yoga, meditation - always helps me, in time though.
*Try to not take it negatively, even though the situation is difficult. I guess you have two homes now.

I hope things get better for you. :)

I really like your quote persistence. 😊