Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wild.Aimee thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

EPISODE SIXTY-SIX

Atul looked up in his earnest eyes. It was clear that he meant every word, he does like her, but dont want to ruin her happiness. Why does it always happen with his brother? What has he done to get disappointments in matter of hearts, everytime? Why? Why is he so good? Doesnt he deserve someone's love? Of course he does. He has never hurt anyone, never had he done anything unethical. Then why doesnt he deserve Love? He does. Definitely he does...

His eyes welled up as he saw him trying to pretend, he is alright, "I am sorry Armaan. I didnt mean to create another reason, to put up any more pains for you."

"I know you didnt Bhai, and stop apologizing. We are brothers right?" he smiled through his tears, while Atul nodded, "So drop the topic right away, and tell me what are your plans for the weekend?" he changed the topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He paced in his room restlessly thinking about his conversation with Armaan. It has been almost 3 days and he was still not happy with the piece of information he heard about Riddhima and her boyfriend. Its not like he has started disliking her, but the fact that she cant be with his brother has been bothering him. The fact the Armaan has to go through another heart-break was what distressing him.

No matter what, Riddhima still is sweet girl. Just coz she is involved with someone else, doesnt make her a bad girl. He could never dislike her. He has started considering her his sister and she too respects him just like Rahul. He has been trying to avoid Riddhima since that day, still not able to digest the information.

As far as Atul knew, he has never heard of any man from her. She discusses almost everything with him, even Armaan, but never has she gave a clue about her being involved in any such relationship. Even her body-language never displayed anything of that sort.

Atul has tried to find out the truth from the staff and was surprised to know that everyone maintained Armaan's version. He also raised the topic with Rahul, of course indirectly, but he seems to have no clue about it. Rahul has refused to the fact that his sister is involved with anyone. He clearly denied it. Atul has immediately diverted the topic after that blowing it as a joke, he didnt want Rahul to be offended by this.

So has Riddhima been hiding her relationship even from her family? If yes, then why? Is it coz her family had some objection over the boy? No, she is not like those girls who hide such things from her family. She is too simple to do so. But then why is Rahul not aware of this part of her life? Are these just usual rumours? What about staff and other people? Why would they spread false rumors about her? She is loved by everyone.

Atul felt pathetically confused and helpless. Something is amiss here. This news was actually going to upset their applecart. He felt like he is sailing in boat without an oar to propel it. Everything was in the middle of the river which seems to be flowing in the opposite direction all of a sudden.

But what now? What is he supposed to do, to sort everything? He felt himself getting all jumbled up with many confusions. Now he knows that Armaan likes Riddhima a lot and if he has not yet fallen for her completely, then with time, he will definitely fall in love with her. Especially if she continues to be in front of his eyes.

In case, anything like this happen and if there is even a pinchful of reality in this, then Riddhima will never be able to reciprocate Armaan's feelings. Armaan was right about her. She is not a girl who could shift her affection to someone else for any reason. She is as pure as a child.

But what will happen to Armaan then? Does he have to face it yet another time? Another heart-break for his brother? Yes, agreed that this time the girl in question might not be at the fault, but ultimately the one who is at the loosing end is... Armaan. Why does it always happen with him only? Atul's heart ached. What has he done to earn so much pain?

He felt guilty of thinking about all this. He has unintentionally caused pain to his brother once again. He kicked himself for being such a carelessly heartless guy. If only he hadnt pushed all this before gathering facts about Riddhima as well, he could have saved Armaan from some mental humiliation. Oh god! Help me, he prayed.

Anjali entered the room holding the jug of water to find her husband pacing restively from one corner of the room to the other. She kept the jug on the side table and took out the blanket from her closet. When she turned around Atul was still walking. She went straight to her bed and placing the blanket turned around.

Atul didnt notice her at all and continued strolling around. Anjali was surprised to see her husband behave in that way. She knew that he wasnt ignoring her, but his face told her the whole story. He looked worried and tensed. She decided to speak to him. She walked behind him as he went towards the window and placed her hand over his shoulder.

"Atul?" she called.

Atul turned around and sighed, "Hi darling, when did you come? I never noticed."

"I know. But whats wrong?" Anjali smiled holding his hands.

"Wrong? Whats wrong?" he frowned.

"That's what I am asking. You look tensed and worried about something. What is it?"

"Its nothing Anjie. Lets go to sleep." He smiled and held her hand walking towards their bed.

Anjali knew he was trying to avoid the question. She has been seeing him acting in the same way for last 3 days and sensed that there is something serious. She needed to talk to him. As they sat on their bed, she covered themselves with the blanket and placed her head on his chest. Then she started carefully, "I dont think you trust me enough Atul."

"Why do say that Anjie?" Atul was surprised by her sudden question.

"You dont want to share your problem with me. What else can I decipher from your aloofnes?"

"Oh... Anjie, dont be childish. I said its nothing." He tried to avoid the discussion.

"Then swear on me. Look into my eyes and say that there is nothing serious..."

Atul looked down in her beautiful big black eyes. He could never lie to her while looking in her eyes, "I am sorry Anjie. I trust you more than myself." He sighed while she looked at him waiting for an answer, "Yes, you are right, I am stressed and worried."

"I knew it. What is it about?"

"Its about Armaan."

"Armaan? I thought so... But what about him?" she squinted her brow, then added, "Oh I remember, you were going to talk to Armaan about Riddhima, right? What happened? Did he refused... again? And that too for Riddhima?"

"No, its not that..."

"Then?"

"He didnt say no." He mumbled.

"What? It means he said yes?" she was joyful.

"No, its not a 'yes' either." He shook his head.

"Atul! Then what did he say? What is it, say it clear na..." she asked impatiently.

"He said he likes her..."

"Really? That's a good sign. It means he will agree right?" she cut him in between.

"Yes, he would have... if..." he trailed.

"If what? Atul, speak up... Please, I am loosing my patience." She warned.

"He cant say yes Anjie, and its not his fault." He said grimacly.

"He cant say yes..." she was irritated, "What does that mean? And whose fault is it?"

"Nobody's..." he looked at Anjali's puzzled face and continued, "Actually... ahem-ahem..." he cleared his throat "...Riddhima cant say yes."

"Kya? What are talking about Atul? First you said that Armaan cant say yes, now you are saying, Riddhima cant say yes... Whats all this? And I dont understand why any of them 'cant' say yes for this proposal?"

"Anjali..." Atul sighed helplessly.

"Atul? Chalo theek hai. I understand that about Armaan. Maybe he is still brooding over his painful past. But What about Riddhima? Why did you say that 'she' cant say yes? What is the problem? Why dont you tell me clearly what it is?"

"Coz she is attached." He said straightly interrupting her.

"Alright that's no a big deal, but......" Anjali stopped and jumped in her place, "WHAT? It is a big deal. What crap is that? Where did you get those silly ideas from? Are you insane or something?" she yelled unbelievingly getting up and throwing her blanket away.

"Calm down Anjie, you will wake everyone up." He pulled her back.

"But..."

"Shh..." He shushed her and told her coldly, "Many of our staff members already know about this. Armaan got to know about it from them."

"In that case, I would rather suggest you and Armaan to increasing their salaries. Maybe they are spreading all these stupid rumors to get your attention... And if its not so, then also I will advise to give them atleast a slight increment, so that they can go and see a good psychiatrist." She said irritably shaking her finger in front of Atul's nose.

"What are you saying Anjie? And put your finger down..." He pulled her finger away.

"That's what 'I am' asking you." She stressed, Atul looked at her puzzled as she continued, "What are you saying Atul?" she sighed, "I know everything about Riddhima. I know everything that Muskaan or any other person in her family knows. I may not be aware of her past, but yes, I know everything about her current life. And as far as my knowledge is concerned she is NOT AT ALL attached."

"Anjie, darling how can you be so sure? Maybe you are unaware about this particular aspect of her life, just like Rahul... possibly she hasnt told anyone about it... maybe like all others even you are oblivious to this piece of information. It isnt impossible you see."

"Atul, then how come your staff members are aware of this?"

"That's what I am saying. Maybe, someone heard her talking to someone about it... Or, she has told some close friend of hers... And as you know, as a result of gossips and all, the information became acquainted with rest of the people..."

"Has anyone seen her with a guy?" she interrupted.

"No... I dont think so." He replied unsurely.

"Then you are just over reacting... Atul, we all know Riddhima too well. She probably doesnt even understand the proper meaning of being a girlfriend, then how can she be 'attached' to someone? Besides, I dont think there exist another person on this earth who is closer to her than she is to her family and us. WE are her friends. She doesnt have any other 'close' friends... I am sure there is some sort of misunderstanding out there..." she held his hand affectionately while he smiled at his lovely wife.

"I hope you are right..." he smiled patting her hand, "...and I am wrong."

"Dont worry, I guarantee you that I am right and your are wrong this time..." she chuckled, pausing a little ase asked, "By the way, where did you get all these stupid ideas from? I mean why do you guys are thinking about all this 'attachment' thing?"

"Oh this... actually Armaan came to know about it few days ago, I dont know from where exactly and how, but he said he heard some staff members chatting about Riddhima having a boyfriend and then he also heard her talking to someone on phone a few times. So he concluded that, Riddhima has a boyfriend and..."

"She has a WHAT?" Anjali sat straight, once again her volume rising with surprise.

"A Boyfriend." Atul looked at her strangely.

"BOYFRIEND?" Repeating the word she pondered over it, "...did you actually said B-O-Y-F-R-I-E-N-D?" she spelt.

"Yeah..." Atul answered unsure of her next reaction as she looked at him strangely, "Why?"

"Boyfriend..." she repeated again trying to recall something. I have heard this word somewhere, she thought. Of course you must have you idiot, it's a common word, her brain reprimanded her. Oh, no I mean I heard it from someone from our family, she argued with herself inwardly. Her eyes widened as suddenly something struck her and she started laughing.

Atul watched her laughing loudly. What happened to her all of a sudden? Has his wife gone crazy? Did he say something unusual? What is wrong? Why is she laughing like a manic? He saw her holding her stomach as her laughter kept increasing and her voice rising. He looked at her worried and tried to hold her back,  "Anjie? Anjie, what happened darling? Are you ok? Stop it before someone wakes up. Please calm down... its not good for your health to get over-excited. Shall I call a doctor?" he fussed while she kept laughing, his perplexed and brooding state added to her amusement.

A good five minute later, Anjali realized that he is getting really tensed, so with lot of efforts, she tried to hold her mirth, "Atul 'you' stop it, ok. I am fine... I am absolutely fine." She assured trying to stop him from panicking further.

Seeing her stop he took a deep breath relieved and asked, "Ok... but why did you laugh?"

"Coz finally... I understood your concern." She said suppressing her giggles.

"You understood?" he was confused again, "What did you understand? And why did it made you laugh like a manic?"

"Manic? Yeah..." she nodded chuckling again. Seeing him scratching his head she said, "My dear darling Husband..." she placed her hand on his shoulder, "...actually I think your information about Riddhima and her 'BOYFRIEND' is absolutely right. I am sorry not to have trusted you."

"Oh..." he nodded unconsciously, then realizing her words, he jolted, "What? You mean..." she nodded back happily. He was surprised at her joyful response, "And you are happy?" she nodded again saying yes, "You mean, you are happy that Riddhima already has a 'boyfriend' and dont have any problem with it?"

"Yes... why would I have a problem with it?" she said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Anjali, what are you saying? Dont you care for Armaan anymore? I thought you loved him." Atul looked at her hurtfully.

"Well, I do love him. And I do care for him... still..." She said in a challenging tone.

"Then whats all this?"

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Of course I want to." He replied irritated with her puzzle-talks.

"Then come with me." She pulled him with her as she got up from their bed.

She took him with her towards the outer corridor holding onto his hand while he followed her in his highly confused state thinking what is all this going to end with.

~~~~~~~~~

"Anjie, where are we going? Anjie..." Atul asked as they walked towards the end of the corridor and Anjali kept walking without answering back, "Anjie, yaar, kuchh to bolo. Anjie..." he called while she stopped and placing a finger over his lips.

"Shh... Kitna bolte ho tum Atul, kabhi to chup raha karo." She said as he quitened, "Tum yehi jaan na chaahte the na ki main kyun hans rahi thi?" he nodded, "Its coz..." she paused a bit and added, "...the root cause of all this mess lives in our own house."

"Kya matlab?" He wrinkled his brow.

"I am sure you wanna know who is Riddhima's boyfriend, the 'guy' who is troubling your beloved brother, right?" he nodded lightly again, "Ok, then... he is here." She opened the door besides which they were standing and closed her arms over her chest.

Atul looked at the door open and then back at Anjali, "Anjali, its not a time to play."

"I know Atul, just look in there." She smiled.

Atul turned to see inside the room. It was a medium-sized room colored in Limon shade with numerous cartoons painted all over the walls. The floor was loaded with thousands of toys. The door of a bottle green closet was left slightly open carelessly on left side while a big Superman-Clock hung on the front wall. A study table lay beneath the clock with books and notebooks scattered in a slapdash fashion all over it. At the rear left corner was a small bed covered with Limon bedsheet and a bottle green blanket enclosed a little body safely under it.

Atul looked back at Anjali befuddled, "Anjie, darling what is this?"

"Atul, tum ab bhi nahi samjhe?" as she asked to which he nodded doubtfully, "Uff... I have got such a stupid husband..." she whined, "Whose room is this?" she questioned.

"Yeh... Its Vibhi's room. Why?"

"Oh god..." she groaned at his slow decoding speed, "...Please give him some extra gray cells if you have spares available. But please only the ones with good quality, ok..." she prayed frustrated, "ATUL, THIS is Riddhima's boyfriend's room."

"Alright but this..." Atul started only to leave his own sentence trailing off. He peeked in the room once again and then back at Anjali, "You mean..." he questioned while she nodded pursing her lips, "You mean..."

"YES... Riddhima's boyfriend is none other than your own son... VAIBHAV JOSHI, Mr. ATUL JOSHI..." she mocked with fake anger.

"WHAT? Are you sure?" he looked shocked, surprised, puzzled, all at the same time.

"What do you mean I am sure?" she looked at him strangely.

"No... I mean... you mean... oh..." he fumbled with words, "...you mean Riddhima doesnt have a real boyfriend?" he asked as his eyes widened with realization.

"Of course, she does have a real one. My son isnt an imaginary character." She glared.

"No... I mean..." his expression changed as the fact sank in, "Oh god, this is so... so... this is so wonderful... I mean this is such a big and delightful news..." he jumped with joy, "Anjie-Anjie-Anjie... oh Anjie..." he picked her in his arms twirling her around, "I love you..."

"Atul, stop it... stop shouting, or now, you will wake others..." she commanded lovingly as he kissed her cheek loudly.

"Let them... I am really happy and I dont care..." he said only to be interrupted by a voice.

"But I do..." Atul and Anjali turned to see him standing on the door rubbing his eyes, "Dad, Mumma, aap log itni raat kop yahaan shor kyun macha rahe ho? Mujhe sona hai, subah school bhi jana hai." It was Vaibhav.

Atul and Anjali looked at their son glaring at them, "Oh... we are sorry beta. Humne aapki neend kharaab di. Main aapke dad ko yehi kah rahi thi." Anjali stared at Atul.

"Dad, aapne meri neend tod di, phir subah agar main time se nahi uth paya to ye mat kahna ki school bhi jana hai..." he warned.

"Saale, aur jo tune meri neend uda rakhi thi..." he mumbled under his breath.

"Kya?" Vaibhav looked at him doubtfully while Anjali chuckled.

"Nahi, kuchh nahi..." he left Anjali and picked Vaibhav in his arms kissing his cheek sloppily and suggested, "Chal, let me tuck you in your bed..."

"Dad, chhodiye mujhe..." Vaibhav dangled his legs vigorously, "I am not a kid dad... main khudko tuck kar sakta hu..."

Atul turned to look at Anjali who shrugged, "Ok, ok mere baap... ja khud jaake soja..." he placed him down and saw his son rubbing his cheek.

"Good night Mumma..." Vaibhav kissed Anjali's cheek and then Atul's, "Good night Dad..." bidding them night, he went into his bed.

"Good night mera bachcha." Anjali said while kissing him back.

The moment the Mother-son moment ended, Atul pulled his wife with him.

~~~~~~~~~

He locked the door as soon as they entered their room, almost squeezing her into a hug, "Anjie-Anjie-Anjie, I am soooo happy. I love you, I love you darling... I love you."

Anjali laughed at his excitement, "Atul, stop behaving like a 16 year old first-time-in-love-teenager and spare me some breath."

"Oh sorry..." he apologized taking her to their bed.

As he placed her on the bed ad snuggled close into the blanket with her, she spoke, "Thank god, I thought I wont be able to attend my Devar's wedding."

"Hey, dont talk like that..." Atul pouted grumpily.

"Ok, I wont. But I am sure I have made my husband too happy today. Havent I?"

"Of course you have my sugar..." he pinched her cheeks lovingly as they snuggled together in their bed lying in each other's arms, "...but how did this happen? I mean, why is Vaibhav, Riddhima's boyfriend?" he scratched his head.

Anjali laughed again, and told him everything. She told him how Vaibhav asked Riddhima to be his Girlfriend and how she accepted his proposal. Then she also told him that the number Riddhima has stored in her phone is not actually Vaibhav's, but its Aarti's. Its her new number, that she bought a few months ago, coz her old number had some problem. Atul knew that Aarti has changed her number few months back. Anjali also told him that, Riddhima has stored that number in her phone with the name 'My Boyfriend', on Vaibhav's insistence. Anjali has seen that number in Riddhima's phone, so she knew it.

Atul listened to everything interestingly, laughing at his son's antics. As soon as Anjali finished her explanation, he laughed, "So this was the actual thing..." she nodded, "Aur main yahaan itna pareshaan ho raha tha..." pulling her closer, he kissed her forehead, "I cant explain it to you Anjie, how it feels... You have off-loaded me with great burden." He exclaimed joyfully.

"That's coz it wasnt only yours..." as he narrowed his eyes she smiled, "It was ours..." Atul smiled back, "Seriously, when you told me Riddhima being attached to someone, even though I didnt believe it, but for a moment even I felt vexed. But knowing her so well, I was sure that there has been some misunderstanding. And then when you said the word BOYFRIEND, it striked me. I was like... what is going on?"

"Even I felt the same... what is going on?" Atul chuckled, "Especially when you told me you are happy about the fact that Riddhima does have a boyfriend."

"Hmm, I saw that. You should have noticed your face then, it was like you somebody just informed you that you are a gay..." she laughed, "I wish I had a camera..."

"Oh really, then my sweet chuck, you should seen have yours when I told you Armaan cant say yes... you looked like somebody told you that you can never use your makeup-kit ever again."

"Hahh... in your dreams." She replied haughtily as he raised his brow, "Well, I agree I was disappointed, and I mean heavily disappointed..."

"Hmm... and why was that?" he asked cheekily even though he knew the answer.

"Well that's coz somewhere within, even I have started imagining Riddhma to be part of our sweet family. I was very excited with the thought of Riddhima being my sister-in-law. I never felt so happy thinking of any other girl for the place. Really its... its just..."

"Wonderful." He finished for her.

"Exactly. You know, that day when we heard Yash and Vaibhav talking about Armaan-Riddhima in our backyard, first I was shocked, then I felt disappointed with myself."

"Why?" he stroked her hair.

"Because, even though I know Riddhima so perfectly, this fantastic thought never crossed my mind." She pouted, "I have been looking for a bride for my brother in the whole world, wherein the best one was always in front of our eyes... Dont you think its silly?"

"Yes it is. But sometimes we tend to overlook those closest to us..."

"I guess you are right..." she nodded, "But ever since that day after hearing Vibhi and Yash's conversation in our backyard, the thought kept hovering over my mind. Then when you told me about the Registry-card incident, it strengthened my belief that god is trying to indicate something by all this."

"You felt the same?" he asked, she nodded, "Wow, we have been thinking alike on this..."

"Of course, after all we are one..." she smiled lovably.

"Undoubtfully..." he kissed her lightly smiling down at her, Pulling back a few seconds later, he asked, "It means when I showed you those Registry cards, you must have been very excited?"

She continued sighing, "Of course I was..." she said excitedly, "Think about it, just the thought of her being a part of our family is so exciting, what will it be like, when she actually become one?"

"It will be great. Not only for us, but for all... especially Armaan. She is a wonderful girl, very sweet, lovable and innocent."

"Hmm, I agree. She is very cute. Armaan ke liye us se achchhi ladki nahi milegi. But I was quite apprehensive about Armaan's reaction. Waise to wo khud bhi jaanta hai ki Riddhima is the best..." she looked up at him as he narrowed his eyes, "You are not the only smart one... Maine bhi dekha hai use kayi baar Riddhima ko ghur-ghur ke dekhte hue. Minnie ki shaadi pe to kitna obvious tha uska behavior..." they laughed recalling the moments they have caught Armaan staring at Riddhima, "...lekin phir humaare hero ke tantrums bhi kamaal hain... By the way, what was his first reaction when you asked him about Riddhima?"

"He blasted, but not as much as I had expected him to. You know what, when I told him to marry her, he was so shocked as if somebody told him that he is a gay..." he chuckled repeating her phrase while she sat straight interestingly, "...frankly speaking more than that. But oh god, what a look... It totally amused me to see Armaan Malik like that."

"Now I feel, I should have been there too..." she pouted.

"Me too..."

"But what exactly did he say?"

"He didn't refuse..."

Hearing it Anjali's face lit up, "really?"

He continued further, "He didnt agree as well..." he saw her face falling, "But he has MANY reasons to support his decision... though all of then are insane, but yes, he had some reasons..."

"And what are they?"

"First one he gave was that, he is scared for Rahul and his family mistaking him, to be eyeing their daughter, their sister and all..." he said smiling.

"What rubbish? He really said that?" she was amusingly surprised.

"Yep..."

"But doesnt he know how much they all love him? They can never misunderstand him."

"That's what I tried to enlighten him with, in which I was successful as well. But then he had another thing in his over-working brain... He said he dont know what Riddhima thinks about all this..." he explained further.

"Well, that's a valid reason I should say. But I dont understand, Armaan Malik, the guy who can decipher even the toughest code of human brain couldnt read a simple girl's mind."

"Dont forget darling that the simple is the most complicated of all."

"Hmm... Maybe... but not for Armaan." She shrugged.

"Yeah. However, dont forget that he has closed himself from this relationship stuff a long time back... so I think some rusting is still there."

"Hmm..." she nooded thoughtfully, "Then did you try to convince him with any reason?"

"Yes I did. But once again, he eloped with an answer, hitting me with a mountain."

"What was that?"

"The same, BOYFRIEND thing..." Atul mocked, "You know, when he told me about it, even I couldnt believe my ears. I mean, I also know Riddhima well enough by now. It was hard to take in the fact that she is going out with someone and no one close to her is even aware of it. She is one exception who shares everything with her family and friends... I mean not all friends, but yes, I and Dad included..." he announced haughtily pulling his imaginary mustaches.

She slapped him playfully, "Dont be so sure DARLING... coz I am also included in the list."

"Oh you do? That's good..." as he said that, she hit him again, "Ok-Ok-ok, time out... But now what do we do?"

"What do we Do?" she replied, "I think we should try to talk to him once again on this, and if still doesnt listen, then..." she smiled wickedly, "Well... we can bend our finger then..."

Atul understood something mischievous about her plan, "What-are-you-thinking?" he asked.

"Here..." she pulled him closer narrating her plan in his ear.

"NO WAY..." he yelled as soon as she finished.

"Yes WAY... and you are going to help me in that. Now no more questions. I finalize it... Done and sealed." She commanded shutting him up.

"Alright... I give in..." he raised his hands in resigning to her decision.

"Ok, so now that my sweet and lovely husband has complied with my command, let me make him happy too..." saying so she came over him kissing him all over as he hugged her drawing into a passionate session.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atul tried to speak to Armaan a number of times regarding this. He wanted to clear his misunderstanding. But Armaan being the stubborn one, never listened and managed eloping each time. Armaan kept himself busy with work and made sure that he doesnt have to face Atul on this topic. He spent most of his time at outdoor sites in order to avoid Atul.

Finally Atul got frustrated at his mulish behavior and told Anjali about it. Anjali was more than ready to try her plan to convince Armaan. By hook or by crook, she knew it how can they coax him. Anjali and Atul spent next few days in outlining their plan. They made some other comrades part of it, one of which was Minnie.

Minnie was not only overjoyed like them, but also offered all her support to them. She had already sensed something between Armaan and Riddhima during her wedding. They also included a few people from their staff as well. But before they took some concrete action, they needed to talk to someone else as well.

It was lunch time when Atul barged in, in his cabin. He smiled seeing them together after a long time. Last time he met them was during Minnie's marriage. Yes, Rahul sees Atul everyday in their office, but he was meeting Anjali after many days.

"Hi Anjie... aaj kya baat hai, ye office mein kaam karta hai ya nahi, iska inspection karne aayi ho kya?" Rahul said cheekily.

"Hi Rahul. Iska inspection karne ke liye to aur bhi bhot log hain yahaan. Jab tak Armaan hai, mujhe ye sab karne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai. Aaj to main tumse milne aayi hu..." she smiled.

"Mujhse?" Rahul looked surprised.

"Haan tumse. Lets go out for lunch." She suggested.

"Lunch? Lekin ye kaam..." he looked unsure.

"Wo sab maine handle kar liya hai. Aaj hum teeno baahar lunch karenge." Atul informed.

"Alright, as you say." Rahul kept his file in his drawer and got up.

They left their office to have their lunch together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atul, Anjali and Rahul went to a nearby restaurant for lunch. After finishing their lunch they chatted for randoms things for a while. They enquired about Muskaan and her progressing pregnancy to which Rahul tiredly replied that she is becoming a kid herself.

A little later Anjali decided to come to the main point. "Rahul, actually we wanted to talk to you regarding something important..."

"Mujhe laga hi tha. Otherwise you guys would have never dragged me out of office during office hours. Kahin Muskaan ke baare mein koi gossip to nahi?" Rahul laughed.

"Muskaan ke baare mein tumhaare saath gossip karne se achchha hai ki main uske saath milke tum dono ke baare mein gossip karun..." Anjali slapped his arm playfully.

"Wo bhi theek hai... hmm, to kaho aisi kya baat hai jo aaj mujhe aise kidnap kiya tum dono ne?"

Anjali and Atul looked at each other. Anjali nudged Atul to start the conversation, so he started, "Wo actually... Rahul... wo..." he was a bit hesitant not knowing where to start.

"Atul ye, wo-wo kya hai yaar, kya baat hai bol na..." Rahul urged him.

"Haan Atul bolo na..." Anjali too added.

"Ahem-Ahem" Atul cleared his throat and started, "Rahul, ek baat bata, hum log tujhe kaise lagte hain?" Rahul looked at him strangely while he added, "I mean, main, Anjali, humaari family... aur baaki sab?"

"Atul, ye kaisa sawaal hai? Tum to mere sabse achchhe dost ho. Aur sab jaante hain ki humaare family relations bhi bhot achchhe hain." Rahul replied.

"Haan wo to hai, lekin phir bhi... I mean kabhi-kabhi humein humaare sabse achchhe dost, achchhe lagte hain aur unse humaare family relations bhi achchhe hote hain, lekin jab koi khaas baat hoti hai to wo humein achchhe nahi lagte hain. Aur phir jab wo humein achchhe nahi lagte hain, to hum unse naraaz ho jaate hain. Phir jab achchhe dost ek dusre ko kuchh kahte hain, to wo dono ek dusre ko galat samajhne lagte hain. Phir wo ek dusre ko achchhe nahi lagte, aur jiski wajah se aksar hum ek dusre ko kuchh baatein nahi kah paate, aur..." Atul kept blabbering while Rahul looked at him infinitely baffled.

Anjali slapped her head on hearing Atul's non-sense. What is he doing? Is this the way he is gonna talk? Phir to ho gaya kaam... she rolled her eyes. She sat there with her hand on her head and her elbow resting on the table.

When Atul didnt stop for another few minutes, Rahul interrupted, "Atul?" but Atul was in some other mood, so he continued his lame explaination.

Tired of everything, Anjali decided to butt in, "Atul..." but he kept speaking, so she turned to him and placed her palm over his mouth to shut him up. Atul stopped and looked at Anjali all surprised, so she gritted her teeth, "Shut up..." Atul realized her stern look and nodded meekly. She took her hand away and heard Rahul.

"Thank god Anjie, tune ise chup kara diya. Mere dimaag mein to ajeeb-ajeeb si ghantiyaan bajne lagi thi, ki kahin ise kuchh ho to nahi gaya." Rahul chuckled, and then turned to Atul, "Ye kya bakwaas kar raha tha tu? Meri to kuchh samajh mein nahi aya."

Atul blinked a few times and then scratched his head, "Wo main..."

"Ab tu phir se wo-main ka raag mat shuru kariyo. Anjie yaar iske dimaag ka ilaaj karwa, warna ye infection dusro mein na phailne lage..." he joked.

Anjali giggled at his comment, then passing a glare to Atul, she smiled calmly looking at Rahul, "Actually Rahul, humein tumse ek bhot zaroori baat karni thi..."

"Haan, wo to tum log mujhe already bata chuke ho. Par ye to batao ki wo baat hai kya?" Rahul replied taking his drink from the table.

Anjali added in a calm voice, "Rahul, dekho jo baat hum tumse karne waale hain, agar wo tumhe achchhi na lage, to please use bhul jana. It shouldnt affect our friendship in any ways."

"Anjali, pehli baat to ye, ki tum logon ki koi baat mujhe kabhi buri lag hi nahi sakti... Aur dusri ye, ki aisi koi wajah nahi ho sakti jo humaari dosti pe fark daale. You all are my best friends yaar... Nothing can effect our relationship." Rahul replied calmly.

"Jaanta hu, lekin ye baat jitni zaroori hai, tumhaare aur humaare, hum dono ke liye utni ho sensitive bhi hai. We want something precious from you." Atul added.

"Zaroori? Sensitive? Precious?" he glanced at Anjali, "Aisi kya baat hai? Aur kiske baare mein?"

Atul looked at Anjali for a moment, then continued, "Wo actually... baat Riddhima ke baare mein hai... Riddhima aur... Armaan ke baare mein." he informed carefully.

"Riddhima aur Armaan ke baare mein?" Rahul looked confused, "Usne kya phir koi jhagda kiya Armaan ke saath?" he asked.

Anjali let out a weak chortle, while this time Atul gave her a look telling her to be serious. So she wore a serious expression again.

"Nahi aisi koi baat nahi hai. Riddhima to bhot pyaari hai. Hum kuchh aur baat karna chaahte hain..." before Atul could say anything else, Anjali interrupted him.

"Un dono ke rishtey ke baare mein..." she came straight to the point. Though she herself had a habit of talking in puzzles, but today she was getting tired of Atul's indirect conversation.

"KYA?" Rahul was shocked on hearing that. He thought he misheard something, "Armaan aur Riddhima ke rishtey ke baare mein? K-kya matlab hai tumhara?"

"Rahul relax... Humaari baat araam se suno, aur agar tumhe achchha na lage to hum promise karte hain ki hum dobara kabhi ye baat nahi karenge." Anjali replied, "Please..." she requested.

"Haan Rahul..." Atul shook his head, "Bas ek baar thande dimaag se humaari puri baat sun lo, uske baad tum jo kahoge, humein manzoor hoga..."

Rahul kept gawking at them.

Taking his silence as an aproval to continue, Anjali started, "Rahul, hum jaante hain ki tum Riddhima se bhot pyaar karte ho. Hum ye bhi jaante hain ki tum uske liye kabhi best se kam nahi chaahoge, after all, eklauti laadli behen hai wo tumhaari... Mujhe Muskaan ne bataya ki aajkal tumhaare ghar mein Riddhima ke rishtey, I mean uski shaadi ki baatein hone lagi hain..." Rahul nodded staring at her, "Muskaan ne mujhe ye bhi bataya ki jab bhi Riddhima ki shaadi ki baat chalti hai to tum kuchh pareshaan se ho jaate ho. We know you are very possessive for her. Isliye humein laga ki ye baat sabse pehle hum tumse karein..."

Anjali paused for a minute to see his reaction, but when he didnt say anything, she continued coming straight to the point, "Rahul, hum chaahte hain ki Armaan ki shaadi Riddhima se ho jaaye. Aur isliye' hum tumse humaare Armaan ke liye tumhaari chhoti behen ka haath maangte hain. Bolo kya doge humein apni ye precious cheez..." she asked.

Rahul went numb immediately. He has never thought that his dream will come true like this. He has always wanted and prayed for this relationship, but as we know, he has been suppressing his feelings coz of the difference in their social status. He sat there thinking about everything and nothing in specific. He loves Riddhima and respects Armaan a lot. How could he ever say no to this relationship? He has always been dreaming about it.

Atul and Anjali saw the pool of emotions playing on Rahul's face. They saw him go blank, then confused, then shocked, then teary, and then they saw him smiling through tears. Atul and Anjali tried to decipher what is he thinking.

"Rahul... yaar dekh agar tujhe ye rishta manzur nahi to..." Atul said, this time to be interrupted by Rahul as he finally spoke.

Hi Friends... I am sure that after reading this episode, many of you are happy about Riddhima's boyfriend. I know most of you had already guessed it before-handedly, but just to make it obvious, this episode gave it a clear disclosure.
Next part will be a continuation of this one and i will try my best to update it sooner.

One more thing i want to clear. I can see that many of you have complained about not recieving any PMs. I did sent PMs to all of you, however it seems that due to some technical glitch many of you never recieved it. I apologize for that... I will look after to ensure this doesnt happen again. And thanks a lot for all those who informed me about it... 

Please comment after reading to tell me how was it and let me know if there has been any mistake. Like button pe click kar dena agar ho sake to...

P.S. - PMs will be sent only to those - 
           1. Who request for PMs.
           2. Who continue to reply in future as well. 
           3. Who have added me to their buddy list.

P.S.S. - PMs will stop in case there is no reply for 3 successive episodes.

Edited by Wild.Aimee - 14 years ago
arshluver_15 thumbnail

Hey aimee

that was gr8 part
just amazing
so finaly armaan is bit clear about his reaction toward ridhima...
i just hope that this stupid missunderstanding goes away soon
poor armaan what must have he been thru when thinking that he is falling for her but she dont even know it......
thanks for the pm
cont soon
will be waiting.............
lods of love
nruti
Edited by arluver15 - 14 years ago
nidha1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
woah Aimee its really rocking one superb yaar so now Atul talked with him cool and he is thinking about Rahul lol he also want her sis to marry his boss cum best friend plz continue it soon & thanks for the pm

https://www.carithers.com/images/PSILoveYou091009104051.jpg

Edited by nidha1983 - 14 years ago
Wild.Aimee thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks to the people who hit the Like button...

@ Nidha - Haan-haan, kar lo yaar, mana kisne kiya. Apka apna hi FF hai. Its coz of readers like you that this FF is still on... ðŸ˜Š

P.S. - U have updated Episode 65 on Page 83... Please read and reply.

P.S.S. - Friends, if i have missed out on PMing someone, then it means, that either they havent made a request, or they havent added me to their Bussy list. So, as i keep saying, For PMs, make a request through post and add me to your buddy list...
Edited by Wild.Aimee - 14 years ago
kashishk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
reserved

Luv u<333
Kashish
Suvarna.... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

You are already on my buddy list Aimee. I changed name from suv.patki to Suvarna.... I assumed the change would have automatically reflected.

Wow ... it was such a treat to read Armaan's thoughts. And that to first hand. Am all ðŸ˜ƒ. But yeah, today's part ended on a very sad note and I actually had tears by the time the discussion concluded. Now that Atul has opened flood gates, how will Armaan control and conceal his emotions? Its such a sensitive feeling, especially the feeling of hurt when one likes, rather loves someone. I know Armaan is a great soul, but still a human craving for true love. 😭

Atul-Anjali are cool pair. More like a support system. Atul truly is a fallback for Armaan. And love him for that. I don't know, was just thinking about DMG out of blue today. They could have actually used Atul's character in a better way. With this fic, I have started feeling that Atul has finally got his well deserved place of being jovial as well as serious big brother.

Atul was so direct when he spoke about Riddhima. I mean I was also non-plus for couple of seconds and re-read the statement, just in case I was reading a bit too much. Marriage tak baat le gaya. 😃

"...and to tell you the truth, I have a secret..." Armaan raised his brow to which Atul added quickly, "...which I wont reveal right now, but I will very soon if you agree to this proposal..."
One more secret????

Update soooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn please.
Edited by Suvarna.... - 14 years ago
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
at last armaan confesses his feelings, now plz let rahul join the gang as he also wants armaan-riddhima marriage. a good and interesting update. will be waiting for the next update.
kweetrockstar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
wow
that was just amazing di
i loved the part, rocking,
most important thing, Armaan agreed to the fact tht Riddhima is the only one for him,
bus ab jaldi se useh ye bhi batao ki Riddhima ka bf apna Vibhi hee hai,
seriously,
kya part tha,
loved the way Atul conversed with Armaan, jab gusse ka time ab gussa, jokes ke time joke, seriousness ke time pe serious, understanding pe understanding, and sabhi kuch,
Atul jaisa bhai mujhe bhi chahiye,
but then, mujhe to Armaan bhi chahiye, (bhai ke roop mein NAHIIIIIII)
anyways, aaj hi main aapki story yaad kar rhi thi, sachi,
n jab pm list mein sabse oopar aapka pm, it was like yippee,

ab plz agla part thoda jaldi se,

n thanks for the pm,

love
pooja
-Amby- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

hey nice update

so atul knows armaan go and speak to her she doesnt have a bf
i feel bad for amrana he again feels failed in love 😭

update soon
Edited by panjwani - 14 years ago
-midnightsun- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
ahh aims di.. you are fabulous!!!!! loved the confrontation.. ahh armaan as always.. creating a moutain out of a molehill arre koi ridzi se toh phoocho.... lolz.. lov ya..x