Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: kweetrockstar

wa oh

Miss Aimee di Hi Pooja... But whats with Miss, huh? πŸ˜†
i loved the part
its simply superb
so amazing
now i finally realised why were atul n Anjie so tensed abt the matter Wait and watch what are they gonna do...
it cleared my doubts, cool. You are welcome...
i loved the thoughts of Atul, Anjie, as well as Rahul, Thank you...😊
loved their deep realisations,
as for Armaan, his jealousy rocks the part, dude, awesome,
reading abt him makes my day, Writing about him makes mine πŸ˜ƒ
so, thanks for the amazing part,
as well as for the pm

Wild.Aimee thumbnail

Originally posted by: devilshangel

Hey dear that was awesome part.
Loved the way armaan was getting jealous :) though he was rude with riddhima but still it was his love which they both aint understanding.
Do bring AR together that also soon.
Do continue soon
nd Thx for the pm

Hi There...
I know Armaan is being rude with Riddhima, but soon he will realize his feelings soon. Thanks for the reply...
Wild.Aimee thumbnail

Originally posted by: topsyturvy23

hey lovely update as usual
thanks for pm
update soon

Thanks for the reply dear...

Aww, thanks dear... I will PM you.
Wild.Aimee thumbnail

Originally posted by: SunainaTM007

edited my post on page 77 :)

Thanks... I already saw that...πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Wild.Aimee - 14 years ago
Wild.Aimee thumbnail

Originally posted by: AR-lover

HEY I JUST WENT THROUGH UR FF AND I JUST LOVEDDDDDDDDDD IT

COULD U PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ADD ME IN UR PM LIST

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I LOVE THIS FF

PLZZZZZZZZZZ PM ME...............I M KSHMA

CONTD. SOON

LOVE
KSHMA

Hi Kshma...
Thanks for liking my FF. I will PM you next time. Keeping reading and replying in future...

Wild.Aimee thumbnail

Originally posted by: naureen_aly

hey

just read all the parts
and i must say its is amagzing
plz add me in ur pm list

Hi Naureen (Hope thats your name..)
Thanks for the appreciation. I will definitely PM you. But dont forget to comment again...
Wild.Aimee thumbnail

Originally posted by: princess4120

so good to be back to reading this.. have been away for a while.. just read the last two episodes.. and absolutely loved the progress the story is making.. Yeah, i can see that. Welcome back. Its been quite a long time. If i am not mistaken, you were away coz of your marriage. Sorry i am wrong...

i just loved the conversation of the two monsters.. they are so clever the lil ones.. lol.. said something that the adults never even thought bout.. Thanks dear. Yeah, they are smart boys πŸ˜†.

i cant wait till the story progresses more.. love the confusion in armaan's mind.. and the whole jealousy angle is great.. Hmm, there is more to come πŸ˜ƒ
i am very very curious to see the matter of this mysterious caller be resolved.. who is calling riddhima.. what does armaan know about him.. what does he not like.. why does he get so worked uop about it.. Well, Armaan is not liking the fact that Riddhima is being attached to someone else. So he feels worked up for that. The identity of this mysterious caller will be revealed in upcoming episodes.

rahul needs to seriously talk to atul.. and atul and anjali need to talk to each other about this soon.. That is also on its way...

i cant wait to read more and more about how this whole thing progresses.. i hope you will update soon..
i usually check for ur updates .. so if pming is hard.. its ok if u dont send me one.. but if u can.. that be great too.. I will PM you, dont worry...

hope to read more soon.. take care

Wild.Aimee thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonakap1

Hey Aimee, Hi Sona...

Sorry for the alete reply. Have been extra busy with the World Book fair and dont even ask about the backlog at the office. Hey thats ok yaar... I wish i could go there too. Still now in that position

Anyway... The update was simply great. Armaan is soooooooooooo jealous but still in denial. Looks like a whack on the head is only thing that will now work. πŸ˜‰ Yeah, he is jealous. He will get his dose VERY soon...πŸ˜ƒ

So Atul, Anjali and Rahul are on the same track but individually. Hope it soon become collectively. Wo bhi hoga yaar... Jaldi hi.

Hey thanks for clearing the Hotel registry card part. Ridhima Armaan Malik sounds so right. Hope it becomes a reality and that too soon. You are welcome... And thanks for the reply dear...

Love,

Sona

Wild.Aimee thumbnail

Originally posted by: aamirkhanfan

i just got hold of this post today and finished it in one go, must say u are a wonderful writer. will be waiting for the next update, if possible could u add me in ur pm list

Wow, thats fast. Thanks for the appreciation. I will PM you for sure... But keep replying in future as well...

Wild.Aimee thumbnail

EPISODE SIXTY-FIVE

"Thats ok sir." Manager smiled, "Main abhi aapke dinner ka intezaam karwata hu." With that he walked away downstair to arrange their dinner.

Atul kept standing there for a while. Then thinking about something, he went back to his room.

***Flashback Ends***

~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~

Anjali saw him thinking something as he smiled recalling Armaan and Riddhima's stupid fight. "Kya hua? Tum muskura kyun rahe ho? Mujhe bhi kuchh batao na." she questioned.

"Ye Riddhima ka hai." He pointed towards Riddhima's Registry-card.

"Wo to mujhe bhi dikh raha hai. Lekin ye hai kya, aur ye sab ismein kya likha hai?"

"Ye uska Registry-card hai." He pointed towards the label on the card.

"Registry-Card?"

"Haan. Raogunj Hotel mein humein diya gaya tha, Hotel mein easy navigation ke liye..." he said as she raised her brow, "...as an identification proof."

"Oh..." she glanced at it again, then added, "Par ye sab details..."

"Ye bhi kamaal ka confusion tha..." Atul laughed. He narrated the whole incident to her.

As soon as he finished, Anjali too laughed aloud, "Oh god. Ye dono bhi na..." Then as she stopped laughing, her expressions turned into surprise, "I never thought Riddhima could be so feisty... Wo to kitni bholi hai."

"Haan, bholi to hai. Par tumhara wo ziddi Devar, wo hi use humesha pareshaan karta rahta hai. Us bechaari ka kya kasur ismein?" Atul defended Riddhima.

"Hmm, wo to hai. But I am also surprised with Armaan. Mana ki wo aksar sharaartein bhi karta hai, but I have never seen or heard him acting this way with any girl. Then why does he behave in such a way with Riddhima?" She looked confused and suspicious.

"Main bhi to wohi pata lagaane ki soch raha hu itne dino se..." Atul mumbled.

"Kuchh kaha tumne?" she asked as she heard him mumble something.

"Nahi... actually mujhe lagta hai ki Armaan ke dil aur dimaag mein kuchh chal raha hai."

"Mujhe bhi aisa hi lagta hai. He has been behaving so suspiciously." She said tapping her chin, then turned to him and slapped his arm, "Tabhi to tumse kah rahi hu us se baat karne ko."

"Ouu..." he rubbed his arm, "Kya yaar Anjie, maine kaha na main jaldi baat karunga us se."

"Jaldi nahi, tum kal hi us se baat karoge... Promise me." She held her hand out.

"Achchha baba, agar time mila aur main use pakad paya to main kal hi us se baat karunga... Promise." He placed his hand over hers.

"I love you Atul..." she hugged him happily.

"I love you too..." he hugged her back.

Ever since their trip to Raogunj after that one particular moment that stroked something interestingly tempting in his mind, Atul has been observing Armaan explicitly closer. Armaan's actions, his reactions, his behavior, his speech, his body language, his face, those expressions when Riddhima is around and when she is not around. Yes he has been observing Armaan with Riddhima in milieu and his observations informed him that there is something going on in Armaan's life for real assurance. The girl has definitely been infecting him quite a lot.

He also remembered Minnie's engagement and then wedding and the amusing interactions between the duo. Earlier, like all else, Atul was surprised with the way Armaan behaved so openly annoying yet enjoying his time in his own way. Of course Riddhima, Shashank and Padma were ignorant to all that, as they didn't know how Armaan react in such situations, but rest were clearly surprised... in a-feel-good-way.

Armaan always behaved a bit formally with other people apart from his family when he was in public. Its only Rahul, Mukaan and Minnie's family he is a informal. But for once in his life he behaved himself on Minnie's engagement and then wedding. It made everyone happy... for themselves... and for him.

At that time it didn't striked anyone what has brought that change in his behavior, not even Atul. But now as he gave it a thought, it insinuated him what has been in there. It has been her... it has been Riddhima... not only on Minnie's engagement and wedding, but all the time. There was no other reason, and absolutely no other person.

Atul have already gotten enough proofs to indicate that Armaan likes Riddhima. He has seen Armaan mumbling and trying to avoid Riddhima many times in the last few days. The way his eyes involuntarily move towards Riddhima and then him forcibly tearing his gaze away from her, didn't go unnoticed by Atul. It was all becoming so obvious now. And finally it was time he must confront Armaan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day, it was Friday and they had a long meeting with few of their Ssenior Engineers from Product Designing Dsepartment.

As the man continued his presentation, Armaan listened carefully marking each of the details mentioned. This was the 14th presentation, he and Atul were witnessing now. A new project was to start soon and this was the most important thing required to be done, ASAP. They have sent an open invitation to the employees for their suggestions and ideas on the design of their new products. The basic idea, purpose and structure of the product has already been outlined as per the client's requirement, but Armaan felt there was something lacking in its design, something need to be added that makes it unique to match the Label of 'Marvels'.

Quite a number of employees from different departments and levels of hierarchy have sent their synopsis for the same. Out of around 78 applications sent by people, his Assistant management staff for the concerned issues has somehow managed to shortlist 23, which was further, reduced to 14 after being checked by Rahul and Omang.

Being chivalrous towards the hard-work and dedication, Armaan has agreed to attend the presentations himself. It was another way through which he encouraged his men/women and assured them that he knows their importance. 'Human resource is the most important asset of any organization', the quote might be just a formal one-liner to be added in the books for many Management graduates, but for him it was his personal experience and key to success.

The guy finished his presentation and bowed in respect indicating the end of his work. Armaan smiled at him gesturing him to say we-will-get-back-to-you.

As the guy moved out of the cabin, Atul heaved a heavy sigh throwing his hands up in the air, "Thank god, its over. I was starting to believe this would cost my whole life." He chuckled looking up.

The day has been rather grueling and tiring for both of them. For Atul, the day started with lining and making arrangements for the presentation, then gathering all details from Omang and Rahul and then this presentation session. For Armaan it was much pathetically arduous after 3 hours of site inspection, then two back-to-back meetings with their clients, then initial discussion with Atul over the presentations, finally followed by exhausting series of Presentations.

Riddhima was rather busy collecting information and making first drafts of some of the new projects in queue. She went through the sources to gather the required details about their aspiring clients. Like everyday, Riddhima had planned and made things handy to work with for Armaan. She narrated him, his schedules; arranged the paperwork for all the in-line meetings; informed the concerned departments he is to inspect; arranged important information he needed for his meetings or things required for his errands and so on.

For the last few weeks things has been quite occupying for both Armaan as well as Riddhima. They have no time to breathe. Earlier they thought that with the completion of Ashraya's work and Minnie's Marriage, they might have some time loose, however it didn't happen. One of their projects with Damon India Ltd. was on full swing. Besides they needed to prevail some clients in advance for the products they are to launch after the new factory becomes operational. So all in all their schedules have been tightly packed.

But today it was over-exhausting for Armaan. Riddhima was not there with him in the presentation as she was busy with other work, and Armaan has instructed her to go back home after she is done. He has also told Transport department drop her safely at her home after work. She informed Armaan after finishing her chores and asked if he needed some help. He allowed her to go on saying he will manage himself for the day. He knew that he has not seen her for many hours and he didn't like the fact. But he was deliberately keeping her away from himself, he had no more choices.

After getting no response from his comrade, Atul turned to Armaan only to find him lost somewhere. Armaan was sitting turned towards the projector screen, with one of his elbow resting on his chair's back. His body leaning sideways a little towards the table while the elbow of his other hand rested on it holding a pen. He was looking nowhere in specific.

Atul looked down on the table where Armaan was unconsciously scribbling something with his pen, of course the cap of the pen was closed. He cleared his throat to bring him back to the real world **AHEM-AHEM**. He got no response. He tapped on the table **THUCK-THUCK** again no response.

It was clear the Armaan was not there... mentally. Atul shook his head groaning, "Not again..." If things continue this way, the guy will make a fool of himself someday in front of strangers. It has become his frequent practice to get lost in his own don't-know-what-world at any time.

As he saw a glint of smile appear on his face, Atul understood of what might be playing in his mind. He knew that the day has been breathtakingly wearing for Armaan, and he was mused to see him still working without any complaints.

Well, Armaan Malik has always been like that, hasn't he?

Of course he has, but there is more to the way he has been acting for last few weeks. The most important change, which he noticed, was that he was always unpredictable about many things, especially when it came to his reactions towards a specific person... of course Riddhima. And its the time he needed to talk to him.

As the phone placed on the conference table rang, he picked it up "Yes... no problem Sunaina, you can leave. I and Armaan have some work left... ok... Can you please do me a favour... call my my wife and tell her that we brothers are going out for a dinner. Tell her not to wait for us... I was trying her number, but its not under coverage area for some reason... thanks dear..." he placed the cradle down and saw Armaan still in daze. Gosh, he spoke so much and so loudly to distract him, but no use.

Getting up, Atul picked up his coat and wore it. He walked to Armaan and stood there with his hands folded over his chest thinking that the proximity might drag him back to the reality, but all in vain. Finally he decided to go physical over the unresponsiveness of his lost brother. He slapped his back hard... actually too hard.

Armaan lost his balance due to the sudden jolt and his pen slipped out of his hand gliding all the way to the other end of the room. But before he falls from his chair, Atul held him.

"Bhai...???" he looked up perplexed.

"Thank god you came back." Atul said putting his hand over his heart.

"Came back? Where did I go?"

"Only god knows. I thought you went to Mars or something..." Atul's remark only raised his confusion, "I have been trying all my skills to get your attention for the past half an hour, but you are ignoring me like I am none to you." he carped.

"Have I?" it was a reflexed question whose answer he got as he saw Atul pointing towards the wall-clock. It was almost 8:30pm. They were working late today like many times before. He remembered that they were watching presentations on the product design. He also recalled the last guy whom he smiled back. It was around 6:10pm at that time. After that, he and Atul has been pondering over to come to a final decision to approve one of the design. Then all of a sudden he lost the track of their discussion. He didn't recollect when he lost Atul. " Oh... I am sorry bhai, I was..." he trailed looking at him guiltily.

"Its ok... I think maybe I should learn to live with this annoying boss of mine. Or else, maybe I should get some training on new skills to get your attention." Atul held his bag as they walked out of the conference room.

"But you weren't required to slap me so hard..." Armaan quipped. "Aah, it hurts..." he added moving his shoulders back and forth.

"Oh yeah... drama queen..." he laughed while Armaan glared, "Alright it's a king. However, if I wasn't worried about Marvel's future and you weren't sitting on that chair, I would have never missed a chance to kick your butt to throw you out of the room."

"Really? Dare it..." Armaan challenged. They entered the elevator.

"I will..." Atul stood straight as the elevator moved down. Seeing Armaan's narrowed eyes he added "...when I have sufficient back-ups available."

"Dream on..." Armaan grinned.

"I don't dream for what is to become a reality darling."

"Reality? What reality?" Armaan asked stepping out of the elevator.

"About getting a new partner in my crimes..." he laughed devilishly. Armaan wanted to say something, but stopped when a guy came to them interrupting their friendly conversation.

"Sir..." a guy from the transport department came there to see them walking towards their car, to hand their car's keys, "You keys..."

"Let me do the honors..." Atul took the keys before Armaan could take it, "Good Night Naresh."

"Good Night Sir." Naresh smiled walking away.

"What are you doing with MY car? And where is yours?" Armaan asked Atul seeing him open his car instead of walking to his own.

"Unlocking yours..." he stated as he iserted the key in keyhole, "...and mine has already returned home earlier today..."

"And why is that?" Armaan narrowed his eyes.

"Because I am driving yours today."

"You are not." Armaan dared.

"Yes I am..." Atul stood with his arms on the door of the car. Seeing the firm look on Armaan's face he said "Alright, I am not. But you are giving me a ride." Armaan was about to ask another question but he finalized, "YOU ARE."

"Ok..." Armaan sighed. He knew his brother. Walking towards the passenger seat Atul threw the keys towards him which he caught expertly moving to the driving seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They drove away from the Marvel's premises. After driving for 2-3 minutes Atul remarked, "Turn to left..." Armaan looked at him in confusion. Atul too looked at him and repeated, "Turn to LEFT..." he stressed, "I know what I am saying, turn to left." Armaan complied turning left. What is going on? He thought. "We are having dinner at Shine-Dine tonight." Atul informed.

"What?" Armaan asked, "But why?"

"Why? Am I not allowed to eat out or is that coz you are losing interest dining with your brother?" Atul said making dramatically tragic face.

"Bhai... now who is being a drama queen?" Armaan shook his head.

"I am... I admit that. But don't forget you are the one who forced me to do so." Atul smiled.

"Achchha baba, maaf kar mujhe." He laughed entering the car-park of Shine-Dine restaurant .

"Gustakhi maaf..." Atul grinned back.

"Mom and Bhabhi must be waiting for us."

"They wont be. I have already informed Anjie." He informed while Armaan nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atul chose to take a table at the rear-most end of the open roof restaurant from where beach area could be seen clearly. He knew Armaan will like to sit at that corner. To make things easier for himself; he was doing it all to keep Armaan at ease.

"Wow, air is chilling here." He commented as they sat shivering slightly due to the cold air coming from the beach side.

"If you are cold, we can go inside Bhai." Armaan suggested.

"No, I like it here..." he smiled and added intentionally, "...and I know you like it too."

Armaan looked at him carefully. He knew something was there to come. "Ok, what would you like to have Big B?" he checked the menu.

They ordered their dinner and finished it within 30-35 minutes discussing different things, their past time and all, chatting about random things. As they finished up and waited for their closing meal, the sweet dish to arrive, Atul knew its the time. He has to do it right now, coz if not now then it might take another set of weeks to get similar opportunity.

"Armaan..." he started carefully, "What do you think about her...?" coming straight to the point... indirectly but yet directly.

"Great..." Armaan mumbled unconsciously. He was looking towards the sea and was obviously thinking about Riddhima once again. Registering his words, he turned to Atul with a jerk with his brows wrinkled in confusion. "About whom?"

"I am talking about the same one, who was on your mind a moment ago."

"W-what? On my mind?" he nodded, "Bhai, how did you come up with such a rootless stuff?"

"Its not rootless buddy. Not at all rootless. In fact, I know there are long and penetrating branches present there."

"Bhai, stop taking puzzles. I guess you are spending too much time with Anjali Bhabhi these days. Talking in puzzles huh?" he chuckled despite of his confusion.

"Alright, I will talk straight then." Atul looked towards the sea, "I am talking about the girl in your thoughts."

"Girl? What girl?" Armaan was surprised.

"The girl, you keep thinking about... all the time." He stole a glance of Armaan, who was clearly getting restless sensing the direction of their conversation.

"There is none." He spoke in a low voice.

"Are you sure?" Atul gave him a challenging look.

Armaan took the clue, he knew what is it about in the moment. Atul was his closest. He could read him like a book. If he is questioning him on this line, it means he has observed something. Has he been behaving so obviously indifferent, Armaan thought about himself. I don't know... "Yeahhh... ahem-ahem... err... yeah..." he was lost of words.

"I don't think so." Atul told him clearly.

"Bhai, there is nobody..." he tried to insist, but failed.

"I am not talking about any girl Armaan..." Atul interrupted, "I am talking about that 'specific' one... and I am sure you know who I am referring to."

It was more than a clue for Armaan. He was aware who was Atul talking about. But does he 'actually' know who the girl in question is? Or is he just baiting him to dig information?

"What do mean bhai?" Armaan was sure of his indifferent behavior by now.

"Let me put up the question again. Do you 'like' her?"

"Bhai, you are still in Anjali bhabhi mode. I don't know what and who are you talking about..." even though he knew that now there is no escape, he averted his gaze to hide his restlessness.

"I am talking about Ridhima." Atul revealed finally.

Armaan was shocked at his disclosure. He knows? "W-What...?" he choke d his words.

"You heard me." Atul who was pretending to be sight seeing sea, turned to him. "Do you want me to be clearer than this?"

"No..." Armaan mumbled looking down. It was the time for him as well to talk about this. He has been taciturn about the topic for quite a long time. Sooner or later the question was to raise and he cant possibly run away from it forever. Besides, the thought, the feeling has been bothering him too much. Talking to Atul may bring some relief to him. It might clear some of his confusions. Atul is the only person he can rely on and share what he feels. "What do wanna know bhai?" he finally gave up.

"Hmm, I think now you are behaving like a good boy." Atul smiled "Tell me Armaan... what you feel about Riddhima?"

Armaan had no clue where to start. This has bumped into him without any warning, "I don't know... I mean, she is a good girl, very sincere, very dedicated, hard-working, easy-going..." he paused for a moment and then continued dazedly, "...friendly, caring, lively, warm, stubborn, but yet convincingly lovable'"

Atul smiled at his daze, his supposition was emerging out right. Armaan did feel something for her. Something more than just an ordinary attraction. He might not realize it right now, but he does have it in him. "Of course she is..." he added to bring him back.

Armaan looked back at him and shrugged. "Yeah..." realizing his words he added, "I mean, everyone says that. I have observed it too many times. People praise her a lot..."

"So do you'" Atul finished cheekily. "Right?"

"Right' Right." Armaan reiterated weakly.

"What else do your staff and other human beings on earth think about her Armaan?" Armaan saw the look on his face as he continued sighing, "You have been shoving it away for a long time now Armaan. Enough is enough... even if you are not clear about anything, talk to me about your confusion. I may be helpful. Ya phir ab tu mujhe is laayak nahi samajhta?"

"Bhai aisi koi baat nahi hai..." he protested.

"To kaisi baat hai?" Atul stopped him again. He leaned forward and said in a calmer voice, "Armaan, please talk to me. Its important for me... for our family... for our happiness... and most importantly, your own life. We cant see you like this anymore. How long will you keep yourself aloof from something good? Riddhima is a nice girl, if you really feel something positive about her, talk to me. And if you don't want to do that, talk to yourself atleast."

"I have been talking to myself for many weeks bhai, I think you are a better option." Armaan finally smiled knowing that Atul is the best option to clear his confusion.

"Then tell me, what 'YOU' feel for her and not your staff or rest of the world?" he encouraged.

Armaan sighed. "I-I don't know what to say, where to start bhai. It not easy for me... I haven't been able to keep a track of what happened, when happened and for what reason. I just know it happened... I know it has never occurred earlier with me and might not repeat again in future, and I don't know what it is, but whatever it is I feel good about it. When she is around I feel this... this calmness within... I feel at rest... I feel safe... I know it might sound stupid for a guy to say that..." he chuckled, "...but its true that I feel safe and serene, calm and poised, relieved and happy around her." He rested on the back of chair and stared at the stars, "I like it when she fights with me, I enjoy those banters; those silly arguments; the way she rebukes; the way all of you people, Mom, Dadi, Vibhi, Anjali bhabhi, you and especially Dad feel so home with her. She turns everything so smooth and warm. She did what looked impossible to us... she made Dad quite smoke'" he had tears in his eyes when he said that which he wiped off immediately, "Can you believe it? I mean thats, that's great. I feel thankful and proud to have her around. She is a wonderful human being..."

Atul chuckled inwardly at his ambiguous explanation. He started by talking about his own feelings and then unknowingly so easily got diverted to her relationship with their family. The boy loves his family too much to keep them excluded in every little thing. Their presence in everything related to him is the biggest proof. And the last sentence made him feel as if he is taking about some idol in his life. Really, when will he learn to talk sensibly straight about his heart and his own feelings without making any other person a part of it?

He saw Armaan pause for a longer time and decided to bring the main topic on surface at his own. There was no use of asking to him about this, coz in this way and at this rate, they will need another month to finish up their conversation. "It means she is fit for our family."

"Yeah she is..." Armaan said without thinking about the meaning of his own words as he played with the spoon on the table. Then in the next moment he realized Atul's comment, "What?" he looked up with a jolt.

"I said, she is fit for our family. And so she can be the next member added to our crazy lot."

"Wait-wait-wait' what are you talking about?" Armaan was highly confused not knowing the way this conversation was heading.

"I am talking about what you know well enough, but still not ready to accept it sweetheart." Atul rolled his tongue.

"Stop sweethearting me Bhai. For god's sake, I am not Anjali Bhabhi. Say it clear'" He demanded firmly this time, taking the glass of water.

"Ok..." Atul saw him drinking water. He leaned back in his chair casually relaxing and said as-a-matter-of-factly, "Marry her."

"WHAT?" Armaan spurred water out of his mouth and coughed heavily, **COUGH-COUGH... COUGH-COUGH...**, "A..are you nuts..." he felt water chocking his throat.

Atul patted himself inwardly. Yes he has created some serious mayhem, but this was the only way to catch Armaan Malik off-handed.

After a few minutes of attempt Armaan managed to get normalize his breath.

"So?" Atul asked.

"So what?" Armaan questioned back rubbing his face.

"Shall I inform everyone that you have agreed?"

"Agreed on what?"

"To marry her... to marry Riddhima..."

"Enough bhai..." Armaan threw the tissue paper on the table angrily, "Enough of this teasing and senseless blabbering. Are you drunk or something?" he asked rudely getting up.

"I am not. You have been with me all day, did you see me drinking? I am sure you didn't, coz I am in my full senses. And I mean it what I said buddy. Now do you mind sitting down?" He replied in the same calm voice.

"Bhai..." Armaan sighed at his calm tone and sat back in his chair. There was no use of arguing or fighting with him. Atul was too dear to him and he shouldn't behave rudely with him. Maybe he is over-reacting, or maybe Atul has his reason for his suggestions. He can atleast listen to him. When they started talking, he had sensed it that this marriage topic might come up, but he had no clue that this will come up so soon... and that too... with Riddhima in picture. He was not at all prepared to face it. "You might not be drunk, but you sure are talking like one. Do you even know what does that mean?"

"I know what it means Armaan. I am not a silly kid." Atul said firmly.

"I didn't mean that Bhai."

"I know you didn't... I wanted to talk to you about you marriage issue for long time but..."

Armaan interrupted him, "Bhai, you asked me what I think about Riddhima and I told you what I think about her. Then why are you linking this topic to my marriage?"

"First of all, stop interrupting while I am speaking. Its high time you start listening to others as well..." Atul reprimanded him seriously this time. Armaan quitened at his tone, "For how long will you keep doing this to all of us... to yourself. Do you even realize how much does it hurt all of us seeing you like this, all alone? Do you want Dadi to die with a wish to see you get married? Or do you want Dad to live with the stress of not being able to settle you in your life? Or you want Mom to keep handling all your personal chores till the end of her life?"

Armaan looked at him helplessly, "I never mean to do any of that bhai... and I am sorry, I know I am the cause of pain for you all, but I never meant to hurt anyone'"

"Armaan..." Atul softened seeing him getting teary, "We don't intend to force you into anything. But you have been intentionally keeping yourself unapproachable. You are not even trying to give it a chance. What else do you expect from us?" he saw him looking away, "Armaan, I am not trying to emotionally blackmail you or put you on any sort of trials... I want your happiness. I want to help you, and that is possible only if you let me do that." He touched his hand, "You said it yourself one day that I have always supported you in all ways, didnt you? And I have promised you to stay on your side all my life. Believe me, I am still with you. Do you remember me ever talking to you like this before today? Nahi na... then trust me for once."

"I trust you more than anyone else Bhai..." Armaan muttered.

"I know... I know you trust me. Ok, lets see, I think you have met no less than a million girls for marital proposal on different occasions, haven't you?" he smiled and saw Armaan smile back weakly. He continued, "Though many of them were quite qualified for the post and deserving..." he saw Armaan roll his eyes shaking his head in denial and added quickly, "...I agree that they weren't the best ones for you, but still, some of them were good enough to be appreciated and I know you agree with me on this. However, despite of all this, I never tried to force you or encouraged you to meet them. I never talked to you about any other girl earlier. Did I? I didn't do that, coz I know you never felt anything for any of them." Atul sat straight and looked into Armaan's eyes, "'But this time I had to do it coz I can see something for real. For the first time, I saw something oppressing your heart in a good way. I know its different... I can see you feel something for her... for Riddhima." He cleared as Armaan tried to evade his gaze.

"Armaan, Riddhima is really a nice girl. Its true that all of us like her a lot, she is a sweetheart. However, I am not asking you to marry her coz WE like her, but coz I have seen something developing between you two. I have seen a ray hope, a glint of belonging towards each other. I wont pin-point on anything at the moment, coz I don't want to force you into feeling what you don't feel in real. But I have never seen you this happy before." Armaan looked at him, "Yes, I have seen that glow of inner happiness and joy on your face, whenever she is around you. I want you to stay happy like this and even more forever. I know, you two keep fighting all the time and she never forgets to throw her witticisms back, but I still believe that this time, its it... she is the one... she is the one who can change your opinion about happiness and life... most importantly about love... She is the one..." he patted Armaan's hand, "Pyar ki shuruwaat aksar aise hi hoti hai mere Bhai. Think about it Armaan..."

Armaan sighed again, he knew Atul was right. He has been running away from this relationship thing, this marriage stuff after that double betrayal. It has been around 7 years and he upheld the same clogged opinion about getting involved with a girl.

For him the main ingredient of any relationship is 'Trust'. The truth was that he had trusted those girls with his heart, but when they cheated him, he was broken... not because he loved them, he never knew what love is, atleast not at that time; but coz those girls broke his trust even though he was never at fault. He also knew that all women are not the same, but somehow he could never come out of his imaginary shield he has built around himself... somehow, no girl has ever been able to crack the crust of the strong shell.

But Riddhima was different. She was nowhere close to any of those girls, not even to the ones he met for the nuptial proposal. Yes she might not be the most beautiful girl he has ever seen, but she was still way too different. He had no idea why he felt that, but she was the most trustworthy person he has ever met. She can never betray anyone, never hurt anyone, and never cause pain to anyone. She can only bring smile on faces and he has witnessed it numerous times by now.

He can never compare her with any other girl in his life coz it will only stain her image. She is the best. She is the sweetest. When most girls these days are concerned about their own lives, she is the one who gives equal importance to rest of the family too. He agrees that she can be the best one for his family and if he marries her, she will keep his family happiest. After all, there must be some... no actually many reasons to why his folks love her so much.

But what about his confusions? How can he agree to marry her just like that? She is Rahul's, their closest friend's sister, what will he think about him? What if he misunderstood him for eyeing his sister and took it all in wrong sense? He cant even say that he is in love with her, coz he himself doesn't know what love is, then what excuse will he give Rahul? What if he thought of him being a dirty minded-man?

Armaan never wants to hurt anyone, nor he want to loose a friend like Rahul. He cant afford to betray trust of Muskaan, who call him her brother; Shashank and Padma who treat him like their own son. But he cant live with his confusions unanswered as well. Maybe Atul has an answer to them... Maybe he is of real help...

"But how can I do that Bhai? I mean... she is... she is Rahul's sister..." he blurt.

"So?" Atul shrugged.

"So? Bhai, what will he think when he gets to know about it? What if he misinterpreted my intentions? What if he thought of me taking advantage of his goodness? What if his family took me for a filthy and spoilt human? Agar aisa hua to mujhmein aur Vivek Chaudhary mein kya fark rah jayege? I don't want to loose Rahul's friendship. He is dear to me."

"So are you to him." As Atul said that, Armaan still looked confused, "First of all stop comparing yourself with that bloody r****l... Rahul can never think of you in the same way he thinks about Vivek..." his face tightened at Vivek's name, "You are also very important for Rahul. He can never misunderstand you. In fact, he respects you like God. He will be the happiest person to know that you want to marry his little sister. And I think you are over-worrying about his family too; they all love you too much to misread your intentions. Trust me..." he pressed his hands assuringly, "...and to tell you the truth, I have a secret..." Armaan raised his brow to which Atul added quickly, "...which I wont reveal right now, but I will very soon if you agree to this proposal..."

"You are black-mailing me now." Armaan quipped.

"No I am not. Like all others, this secret has its own time to be made public."

"You mean I am public?"

"Right now you are. Now don't be so pigheaded Armaan. Will you start to give it a thought or not? I want an answer right now and don't you dare demand time."

"Bhai, how can I answer just like that? There are many more questions, much confusion... and, and I don't know what all..."

"Then what am I for? Tell me what it is." He encouraged, "You always seek my help whenever  you are confused. So what happened now? Ask me, I am all yours..."

"You wont give up... won't you?" He sighed, then said, "Bhai even if I believe you that Rahul or his family are ok with this... this marriage and all, then there is another question, which is much more important than everything else... Nothing else matters over it..."

"Alright, I am with you. But tell me, what is it?"

"Well... I dont even know what SHE thinks about this." Armaan revealed one of his confusions.

"So what?" Atul shrugged.

"What do mean 'so what'?" Armaan looked at him incredulously, "Bhai, She will be equally affected by this... this marriage thing. And you are asking 'so what'? What am I supposed to decipher from that?"

"Nothing... I mean, Riddhima can be handled. And I assure you that if you agree to marry her, she wont have any problem with it." Atul was sure.

"Have you already discussed all this with her, or did you honor yourself with clues?" Armaan narrowed his eyes.

"No for your first question. I haven't discussed it with her... I mean how can I, when I don't even have an approval from my own brother? And about your second question... Well, I agree that I picked up some clues..." Armaan was about to retort, when he added promptly, "...but they aren't completely baseless... I promise."

"Oh really? I knew it... But I don't think she even likes Me..." he remarked sarcastically with a little disappointment in his tone which didn't go unnoticed by Atul.

"And could you please explain, what makes you assume that?" he smiled.

"Bhai..." Armaan sighed again, "...its so obvious. She is always so annoyed, and irritated, and unhappy with me. She keeps getting mad at me all the time. We have never had a civilized and smooth conversation about anything except work. Besides, she never even talk to me about anything except work and all."

"Well that's coz you keep teasing and bothering her intentionally, don't you?" Armaan nodded awkwardly admitting his enjoyable games. So he did noticed that too, he thought. Atul continued shaking his head, "...hmm, it means she can react better if you spare her with your stupid comments for once. And BTW, talking about the thing, that she never talk to you about anything else except work... I would rather say that its all your fault."

"My fault? How come?" Armaan narrowed his eyes.

"Arey yaar..." Atul mocked, "You meet her only in office, you are the one who keeps reminding her that she is your ES-PA and you are her boss, your are the one who never try to initiate topics except work and even if there is something else, you start teasing her and you blame 'her' for every argument you two have? That's not a fit buddy, thats not a fit... You have got to behave otherwise, when with girls."

"Ok... I-I admit that I am at fault... everytime. Happy now?" Atul nodded vigorously showing his teeth, "...but Bhai, this still cant work. You say that she can be handled and she will agree to the proposal, but I still maintain the fact that she will never agree to the proposal."

Atul sensed disheartening effect of his tone, "Why? Will YOU stop behaving like Anjali now and give me a clear reason? Or shall I have to hire James bond to find my answers?"

"Bhai she is committed..." Armaan blurt aloud frustrated with everything.

"Bas itni si baat..." Atul replied carelessly shrugging and tapping on the table, but immediately jumped in his seat, "WHAT? What did you just say? I think I misheard something." He rubbed his ear, "Say that again, say that again..."

"You didn't misheard anything Bhai..." he sighed again, "...she has a boyfriend... already. And knowing the type of girl she is, I am sure that she will never betray him and agree to marry me for any given reason." he looked away, "She is too good to deceive someone... I guess." He added the last sentence almost inaudibly.

"Are you sure about it?" Atul narrowed his eyes trying to read his mind.

"Yes I am. I have seen his... I mean her boyfriend's number in her phone and I have also heard staff girls chatting about the guy in canteen. She is always very happy when she is talking to her... ahem... her boyfriend. I have heard it many times..." He replied disheartedly. He hasn't actually seen any number, but the name in her phone.

"I don't believe it." Atul spoke incredulously, his eyes almost ready to plop out of his eye-sockets.

"Initially, even I did not... but then as I said, I heard her speaking to him on the phone. She was talking to him so sweetly and looked extremely happy. Anyone could have guessed it was him."

"Oh..." Atul sat back feeling highly disappointed.

They sat there looking at the peaceful sight of the sea.

After few minutes of silence Armaan spoke, "Bhai, leave it. I don't think I have this Marriage or Love thing in my fate. I am better this way... all alone." Pausing for a moment he gulped his pain and continued, "I admit that I do like Riddhima... but I don't want her to face any kind of emotional pressure or face her family's wrath due to any reason. Its her personal life, let her decide what and how she shares it with someone. Bhai, please don't discuss this with Rahul or anyone else in her family, I request you. I don't want her to get into any trouble coz of me. Kahin apni family ke pressure mein aake bekaar mein uski private life mushkil mein na pad jaaye. Just... just forget it."

Atul looked up in his earnest eyes. It was clear that he meant every word, he does like her, but don't want to ruin her happiness. Why does it always happen with his brother? What has he done to get disappointments in matter of hearts, everytime? Why? Why is he so good? Doesn't he deserve someone's love? Of course he does. He has never hurt anyone, never had he done anything unethical. Then why doesn't he deserve Love? He does. Definitely he does...

Atul's eyes welled up as he saw him trying to pretend, he is alright, "I am sorry Armaan. I didn't mean to create another reason, to put up any more pains for you."

"I know you didn't Bhai, and stop apologizing. We are brothers right?" he smiled through his tears, while Atul nodded, "So drop the topic right away, and tell me what are your plans for the weekend?" he changed the topic.

Hi Friends... Lo ji, this was longer than the previous, wasnt it? I know nothing much happened in this episode, but i am sure that you are a little relieved with Atul taking up on Armaan. Confrontation is still on, and it will continue in the first portion of the next Episode. So dont miss out on that as well. I will try to update it soon...

Please comment after reading to tell me how was it and let me know if there has been any mistake. Like button pe click kar dena agar ho sake to...

P.S. - PMs will be sent only to those -

1. Who request for PMs.

2. Who continue to reply in future as well.

3. Who have added me to their buddy list.

P.S.S. - PMs will stop in case there is no reply for 3 successive episodes.

Edited by Wild.Aimee - 14 years ago