PR reloaded-FF-Pt 66 Pg 148, 27/4/11

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
OK, this is my first attempt at writing a fan fiction, I had it in mind since a long time but am writing it now since the coming days are gonna be BAD and I have to do something to prevent myself from going MAD... This fan fiction is inspired by the first trailer of  PR which had hooked me instantly- here it is.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVK0dytoJc8[/YOUTUBE]

There will be a lot of differences in this story... less misunderstandings, less negativity and basically a little more realistic.

The cast and crew are much the same with slight differences. Some of the situations, especially in the initial parts have been straightaway taken from the serial. As we proceed the differences will start increasing.

Anyway lets start

PART 1

He lit the diya in front of Bappa's idol with great care. He prostrated in front of the Lord, and went through his daily prayers- "Please don't make Baba drink a lot, please get him some work, please get Sachin good marks, the twins have joined a new school, please help them adjust, please control Aai's temper..' the list was endless.

Ever since Girishji had given him charge of this new garage two years back and transferred him here from the old garage close to his chawl, he had taken it upon himself to see that the little temple in the garage was always taken care of. He liked to pray before opening the garage for the day. It was a nice beginning to the morning.

As he completed his prayers, Manav looked up across the street. The street was still empty, cos it was just 6 o clock. However the house just across his garage was bustling... the kitchen window was open and he could see someone busy at work.

The Karanjkars' eldest daughter! He smiled. The sun could rise up late, but she could never shirk her work.

"Good Morning Manav..!!"

Manav turned back. It was Tarun.. his school time chum.

"Good Morning to you as well..."

Tarun looked in the direction where Manav had been staring... "And what a good morning... It brought a smile to your face..."

Manav was irked... not again... "I was smiling cos I was happy. I was praying and..."

Tarun broke in.."Yes of course, you were smiling cos you were happy... and you were praying.. what for.. I will not ask.. but Manav... do you know one thing? God helps those who help themselves.. not those who sit silently for two years and stare... and..."

Manav was irritated now. "You have ruined my good morning now. Get away.. I have to work.. I don't have time to listen to your nonsense."

Tarun laughed. "Sure mate... as you say. But remember what I said- good things don't fall into your lap, you have to struggle for them"

But Manav wasn't interested, he was already busy with a bike. "I am struggling a lot already. Any more and I'll be mistaken for a fish without water." Tarun laughed.

*****************************************************************************

"Excuse me..??"

Manav came out from under a car to see a middle aged woman bending over him anxiously. The lady had kind eyes and her worry was visible on her face.

"Arey Sulochana kaku, you here?

The lady gave a nervous smile. "Beta, I wanted a bit of a help from you... can you.. can you just send one of your boys to the market and get some sweets for me... any variety... actually I'm in a pickle right now... the boys side is coming to see my Archu and not even onefamily memberhas returned till now..." She went on anxiously.

Manav felt sorry. After repeated rejections, it seems even the family members had lost interest.

"Don't worry Kaku.. I'll send someone to get the sweets right away.. umm.. kaju katli..??"

Sulochana smiled.. "Sure, anything that you consider right."

****************************************************************************************

Manav pressed the doorbell of Archana's house. He ran his hands through his hair nervously. Those stupid oafs! They had bought enough sweetmeats to feed an entire baraat! And that too without bargaining. As he rehearsed his sorry lines, the door suddenly opened...

"Yes..?"

Manav couldn't say anything. He had never seen her from such close quarters. Dressed in a dark pink sari with a gold border, and just a hint of makeup, she looked beautiful.

He came back to his senses soon enough..."I... Manav...!"

She tried to remember... "Manav..??"

Oh! She obviously does't know my name.. "I work in the garage across the street.."

"Yes, I remember... you..you need something...?"

"No, actually your Aai..."

"Is it Varsha and Vaishali Archu..." said Sulochana and barged in... "No one has come as yet. The groom's side will be coming in a while... what shall we.. oh you... you brought the sweets?"

Manav stepped in. The delicious aroma of gajar ka halwa hit him. Archana must have made itfor sure.Then why had they ordered more sweets. Sheer waste of money!

As he handed the sweets and left over money, he explained what his boys had done and offered to pay.

Sulochana smiled."There is no need for that. If the wedding gets fixed today, we will have to give sweets to the whole colony. Actually I think this is a good sign.. what do you say Archu?"

"Aai..." Archana weakly protested, her cheeks turning pink. She looked down shyly.

Manav smiled."Sure kaku, we'll wait for the good news." He turned and was gone.

*****************************************************************************************

Manav slowly walked back into his chawl. It was dark and everyone was asleep. His Atya had stayed up for him with food. She asked him to eat, but he said he wasn't in the mood to eat. He went up to his bed on the terrace and lay down. But sleep evaded him.

It had been 2 years now that he had been seeing Archana everyday. Today was the first time he had talked to her, but otherwise he knew her well. People in the colony talked of her, some with respect, some with astonishment... "She's a good girl, no doubt, but she's 26 and yet not married..." they used to whisper..

He had seen her everyday handling the work of her household. He knew how she had left her education to take care of her ailing mother. She was a kind-hearted soul, he knew that well, sometimes feeding the birds or the stray dogs, sometimes helping a blind or old person cross the road. Beggars flocked to her cos she always helped them with money or food. She was beautiful, she was thoughtful, she was caring and she was a wonderful human being. And yes, she was a good cook. He remembered the delicious aroma of the gajar ka halwa. There wasn't a doubt about it, she was perfect for any guy and any family.

When he had first come to work in Girishji's new garage, he had been shocked to know from people that the girl had been silently suffering rejections from every guy who came to see her since she was not educated. And yet, she busied herself in caring for her family. No tears, no regrets.

Over the two years, he had witnessed the same scene that took place today. The guests came out, there was shouting in the house and then a doctor was summoned. Surely Sulochana Kaku had got one of her anxiety attacks. A few minutes later he had seen Archana coming out of the house and going straight to the chemist's. Despite her grief, she was still taking responsibility, she was still working.

He sighed and looked at the stars. He had firm faith in Bappa. Bappa took care of everyone was what he believed. Bappa had been kind to him. True, he had to make compromises in life... even though he had beena good student, he had had to abandon his dream of being an engineer and join the garage at a young age. But it had paid off. Today his brother was in college and would graduate in a little while. The twins were in a good school. They didn't have a lot of savings and often there were financial problems but they were a happy and contented lot.

Yet each time he witnessed Archana's rejection he felt sad. Sad because he felt that this time Bappa was in the wrong. He wasn't listening to the pleas of a mother who was so worried for her daughter, a family which was waiting eagerly for a marriage in the house, and most of all Archana who was suffering silently for her selflessness.

When he had told all this to Tarun, he had laughed and instead accused him of being in love. Love!! He smiled inwardly. Did this word even exist in his dictionary? He was not a dreamer. His only aim in life was to fend for his family. How could he be in love with a girl with whom he had talked for the first time today?

But it was true that he had always been drawn to this girl. The silent sadness on her face made him feel pathetic with life. He had deep respect for her. He felt that a person like her with a heart of gold deserved every happiness. There was a longing in him to push all her fears and insecurities away. He didn't know what this was.. he was sure it wasn't love and there was no friendship.. it wasn't even pity...so what was this?

He knew he wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight, just like he didn't on all other days when Archana was rejected by a boy.

The temple bell chimed in the distance. Manav looked at the outline of the temple and said to himself..."The day this girl gets married to a GOOD, WELL EDUCATED, RICH GUY with a GOOD FAMILY will be the day I will truly believe in your justice Bappa. Till then, my faith is one short of 100."

That day would come for sure. Bappa couldn't betray his true devotees, could he?

******************************************************************************

Okay this was the first part. This was the idea of the serial which I had got when I had seen the first two episodes and the title song only. If you people like it then I will think of continuing.

Would love to know your remarks/complaints/suggestions/criticism.

Edit Add:

Here's an easier reference to keep up with the story:

Part 1 - Page 1
Part 2 - Page 3
Part 3 - Page 5
Part 4 - Page 6
Part 5 - Page 7
Part 6 - Page 9
Part 7 - Page 10
Part 8 - Page 11
Part 9 - Page 13
Part 10 - Page 15
Part 11 - Page 17
Part 12 - Page 19
Part 13 - Page 20
Part 14 - Page 22
Part 15- Page 23Part 16- Page 25Part 17- Page 27Part 18- Page 28Part 19- Page 30
Part 20- Page 32 (ArMan wedding fixed)
Part 21- Page 34 (Sakharpuda)
Part 22- Page 36
Part 23- Page 37(ArMan Wedding celebrations)
Part 24- Subpart 1- Page 39
               Subpart 2- Page 40
Part 25- Page 42
Part 26- Page 45
Part 27- Page 47
Part 28- Page 48
Part 29- Page 51
Part 30- Page 53
Part 31- Page 55
Part 32- Page 57
Part 33- Page 60
Part 34- Page 65
Part 35- Page 68
Part 36 - Page 71
Part 37 - Page 74
Part 38 - Page 78 (Vat Savitri special)
Part 39 - Page 81
Part 40 - Page 82
Part 41 - Page 84
Part 42 - Page 86 (Manav's b'day)
Part 43 - Page 89
Part 44 - Page 91
Part 45 - Page 94
Part 46 - Page 96
Part 47 - Page 97
Part 48 - Page 100
Part 49 - Page 102
Part 50 - Page 106 (Manav Deshmukh Vs Ajit Lokhande- Court hearing)
Part 51 - Page 108, 109
Part 52 - Page 112
Part 53 - Page 115
Part 54 - Page 118
Part 55 - Page 120
Part 56 - Page 122
Part 57 - Page 124
Part 58 - Page 126
Part 59 - Page 129
Part 60- page 131
Part 61- page 135

Edit Add: 6/4/2010:

Some people have asked me for a PM to be sent at the time of updating. As such, all the readers who wish to be sent a PM, please give in your names either in this thread or
Edited by nikitagmc - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

unknown18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
LOVED it!!! great start 👏 very nicely written. reminded me of the beginning of the show 😍 please continue!!
nikitagmc thumbnail

Originally posted by: unknown18

LOVED it!!! great start 👏 very nicely written. reminded me of the beginning of the show 😍 please continue!!

Thanks for liking it... yeah the beginning is a bit similar, but as you can see there are some major changes... Manav knows Archu since two years and Sulo and the family know he is a poor mechanic. And right now he is not even in love. Plus there are some changes in Manav's family.
toothbrush13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
That was great Nikita!!!  Awesome job, really, please continue!  I loved it, it had that same nice feeling (I don't know how to describe it) that the show used to.

Lovely start!  👏
Spartacus thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

i have a question?????

Is it Manav fan or a Archu Fan has written this episode.
Its brilliantly put together so was wondering!
Off lately u were really disappointed with Manav babu??????/😭
nikitagmc thumbnail
@Akashspartan: Its a PR fan who is writing it.

Basically everyone has been complaining that the story has lost its simplicity, its old feel etc. Its just an attempt to get it back as before and also get back our old Manav and Archu.
mitts thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
WOW... Nikki awesome... We will reall need some good fan fics to go over next few episodes....

COntinue soon..
-SD- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Niki, it's very good. I was also thinking to start one "Parallel PR", but I don't think I don't need to. You have just designed things better than what I could have imagined .

Hats off. Carry on and never stop.

p.s. this helps u qualfy as the strongest contender in dating manav.
Edited by -SD- - 14 years ago
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It is a fine work. This should help me fill in many blanks in this story as I have become regular only since December. Who are the twins you mentioned?

Edited by samarth_050 - 14 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
@SD: No SD, you also start your parallel PR. the more FF's, the better it will be. Maine toh isliye start kiya kyunki I was missing the old Manav. Wow, i'm the strongest contender for dating Manav, yayyy!!!

@Samarth: This is just a figment from my imagination, different from the original. So do not refer to it for what you have missed out, like there are no twins in serial PR, but there will be twins in my story- Manav's stepbrother and sister who are studying in school.