Rani walks out on DPL - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Rani walks out on DPL
Buzz up!

Rani Mukerji who earned the title of DPL ki Rani by the show refused to judge Dance Premier League until the show's format is altered.

Furthermore, Rani has abruptly asked the show's producers, Cineyug not to make her resume her position as the judge until her demands are met. The incident happened at a studio in Chembur.

About this complete incident, a source said in the press, "Rani doesn't want the DPL participants to be eliminated starting this level (Level 5). She is of the opinion that the DPL winner must be chosen from the existing participants. As a result, the channel and the DPL producers Cineyug are in a fix. They are in no position to stand by her diktat as the show has already completed more than 60 per cent of its running time. In addition, the format of the show cannot be changed overnight, as it will involve a lot of planning."

The vice-president of the channel, Danish Khan, said in the press, "We are only interested in the final product. Cineyug, who make this show for us, will be the right people to talk to you about this."

Mohammed Morani of Cineyug confirmed the story and said in the press, "I was out of town when Rani walked out of the show. I do not know why Rani does not want eliminations to happen at this level. We have reached Level 5 in the show and need to carry out the eliminations to make the contest interesting. We are trying to explain this to her."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/November/News_20091123_103

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vickosh thumbnail
Bye Bye Rani.

I truly hope nobody caves in to the celebrities.  They have to follow the rules like everybody else.  The has been planned and thought out.  There are many many flaws in the format(like Rani giving the Man of the match and totally changing the outcome. .....I am surprised that she did not have  a problem  with that...........)  but it is very unfair to the contestants when rules are changed.  Somebody gains and other loose.........................just like in Saregama lil champs,  Hemant who was already eliminated got a second chance then went on to win the title,  but Abhigan who was a better singer did not...

Edited by -Nadii- - 14 years ago
kali_rosie thumbnail
no Rani plz dont do dat.......u must come to da show......if u dont come to the da show i wont watch this show........ 😭 😭