Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Bugs chodo na, we all know Akki doesn't force anyone and if we look closely Carol does her own prayer.....But if someone here wants to create ripples let them.....apna dimaag ka dahi kyu karne ka....Gayatri mantra is for giving strength and wisdom....may those bhatka hua people get some wisdom...
couchy thumbnail
anyways..those who are making such an issue out of it..tell me frankly, have you never ever recited gaytari mantra..whats the big deal about it ??
even in some arya samaji schools there is daily gayatri mantra chanting & havan in mornings, in christian schools there is holy father prayer and hyms in morning, in sikh schools , there is gurbani path ...so what yaar? its only a way to attain inner peace...it does not matter whther the person reciting or hearing it is from that religion or not...its absolutely inconsequential...

any of the religions are not so shallow that they would differentiate in benefiting mankind on basis of cast creed or religios belief...their power is much beyond and above all this ...its just teh matter of your faith....

so please lets not get into this unending debate...the show will soon be over with winner being declared..the participants will be off to their homes, akshay kumar will be off to some other assignment , does it matter to you that gayatri mantra was recited or not recited ??
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
I'm sorry to say this but in this country it's become fashionable to raise questions about hinduism and trash it at the slightest provocation to prove that you are secular. Reminds me of Mulayam Singh and Amar Singh raising questions about the Batla house shootings and hence insulting the dead hero Inspector MC Sharma. They did that to appease their vote banks and thump their chests and proclaim they're secular. Gaddars!! No wonder hindu radical groups have started forming now who create stupid mayhem whereas none existed before. We all lived peacefully until these stupid seculars thought being secular meant trashing the majority religion and appeasing the minority even if it was in the wrong. Same with defending that hindu Sadhvi involved in bomb blasts. What's wrong is wrong. period. Be fair to the people of this country, irrespective of religion.

Reciting Gayatri Mantra is such a problem, let's also discuss the hindus who can't keep their hindu names in certain countries and have to affix Mohammed after it. How about it? Does that make them any less hindus? I recited Christian prayers while in school everyday for 12 years of school life. Did that affect my religion?? I still do so at times, coz they make me feel peaceful and serene.

If Akshay was insisting on them saying 'Hey Ram, Shiva, Brahma, mujhe shakti do'. Then maybe ppl could've complained. It's just a mantra calling out to the supreme being...God.....not a Hindu God...just God.

Edited by MithiBani - 14 years ago
kaushikbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Mera sirf ek sawaal hai. Jo log ye kehte hain ki gayetri mantra sirf hinduon ke liye hai to main unse ye poochhna chahoonga ki aisa unhe kyon lagta hai? Kya isliye kyonki unhe aisa bataya gaya hai? Ya isliye kyonki ye sanskrit main hai? Ya isliye kyonki ismain Om shabd aata hai?

Mere kai dost jo ki musalmaan hain yahan tak ki kuchh log ullema bhi hain un main se kissi ne ye nahin kaha hai ki gayetri mantra sunna galat hai ya yun kahen haram hai. To aapko jo lagta hai wo galat hai. Waise bhi AK ne kissi ko bhi force nahin kiya ki wo Gayetri mantra pade hi pade, warna waise bhi ab tak wahan ke crew members hi complain kar chuke hote, iss show ki shooting South Africa main hua hai jahan ka zayatar crew hindu nahin hai.
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Moderator's Note:
This is a REMINDER for all the members.

Everyone have their own point of view let's respect it. You have right to raise your opinion but one should see lines ain't crossed.  Avoid making posts that are abusive, derogatory, insulting or sarcastic enough to affect the sentiment of another member. Bashing or using offensive language/words is against IF COC and won't be tolerated.

Avoid making posts/comments that are instigatory, hurtful, abusive, derogatory, insulting or sarcastic enough to affect the sentiment of another member. Such posts will be dealt with very strictly. Bashing, using offensive words/language and name calling is against IF COC and won't be tolerated.

If one person likes a celebrity/jodi it's not necessary others will also like the them. Everyone have their own likes/dislikes.

If you see a thread/post/comment which is offending posted by someone, you will NOT take law into your own hands to teach a lesson to that person for insulting your favorite jodi/idol. That aggravates matters more and you also become liable for action for reacting thus. Instead you will simply make use of the "REPORT" button and report the thread by stating the reason clearly. As soon as the Dev Team comes online they would take the necessary action and try our best to resolve the issue.

If
anyone found bashing, name calling, posting instigating comment/remark will face serious action. Keep the discussions healthy.

IF Dev Team

pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MithiBani

I'm sorry to say this but in this country it's become fashionable to raise questions about hinduism and trash it at the slightest provocation to prove that you are secular. Reminds me of Mulayam Singh and Amar Singh raising questions about the Batla house shootings and hence insulting the dead hero Inspector MC Sharma. They did that to appease their vote banks and thump their chests and proclaim they're secular. Gaddars!! No wonder hindu radical groups have started forming now who create stupid mayhem whereas none existed before. We all lived peacefully until these stupid seculars thought being secular meant trashing the majority religion and appeasing the minority even if it was in the wrong. Same with defending that hindu Sadhvi involved in bomb blasts. What's wrong is wrong. period. Be fair to the people of this country, irrespective of religion.

Reciting Gayatri Mantra is such a problem, let's also discuss the hindus who can't keep their hindu names in certain countries and have to affix Mohammed after it. How about it? Does that make them any less hindus? I recited Christian prayers while in school everyday for 12 years of school life. Did that affect my religion?? I still do so at times, coz they make me feel peaceful and serene.

If Akshay was insisting on them saying 'Hey Ram, Shiva, Brahma, mujhe shakti do'. Then maybe ppl could've complained. It's just a mantra calling out to the supreme being...God.....not a Hindu God...just God.

i'd like to be enlightened here.. which country exactly...??   🤔

let's not make it into something which it is not... because of one random person who is more interested in thrashing akki, than actually contributing to the actual topic...!!

and akki does not mean it in disrespect... anyone who watches the show can tell that... he says what he knows best... and those who do not recite the gayatri mantra, he does not come down on them and tell them to do so...

and no, hearing something or even reciting something will not change your faith... but others do not have to read the mantra if they don't want to... it's their own choice... in any case, most 'muslim' celebs tend to compete on who is most secular anyways, nowadays... 🥱🥱

point is, no point in making claims that will end up hurting sentiments of others specially when one is not even aware of certain things...  and this is not for you Mithi, but a general comment....!!