Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Padmini was the most beautiful princess of her time & very virtuous & a gr8 warrioor too. But I cant imagine why she chose to marry a married man ? Was there no other prince worthy of her?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Why Padmini chose to marry a married man?

I guess this is a very complex topic as she didn't know that Rana Ratan Singh was married when he won her Swayamvar and completed all of Padmini's dad's "parikshas". By then, she had given her heart away and when Rana Ratan Singh told her he was married, it only made her more proud of her love as she had attributed honesty to Ratan Singh too. Also, she had a swayamvar, so technically, she didn't chose to marry Ratan Singh, he kind of won her.....

Was there no other prince worthy of Padmini?

Of course there would have been, all over India, but those in the swayamvar had lost to her so they weren't worthy of Padmini. So this is a hard question to answer, but my answer would be no.

Also, lovely discussion here! Discussion maybe slow over the weekend but will hopefully pick up in the weekdays next week.
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

Padmini was the most beautiful princess of her time & very virtuous & a gr8 warrioor too. But I cant imagine why she chose to marry a married man ? Was there no other prince worthy of her?

in those days princesses won't care abt dis thing dat much as kings used 2 hav more dan 1 wife.sum matrimonials were done 4 da sake of empire's welfare bcoz in case of wars wife's sides relative also support each oder.

and ratan singh has won da sawamwar.he was only worthy her as even his father has said dat if ratan singh has gone 2 there he wud defntly win it as nobody can beat him in sword fightng.

its well known fact dat at dat time after Rathambor only Chittod was powerful kingdom.Ratan Singh was known as v.gud king who took gud care of his subjects & also a well known  patron of arts.😊😊😊

so only he is worthy of her!!!  dats why she chooses him despite his already married!!though now-a-days its not acceptable 2 any1.
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
But I think that Ranaji wasnt all that honest with padmini. While  he disclosed his marital status a litle late in the day he did not bother to reveal about his having a son .Edited by crazy_sunny - 14 years ago
sattvik thumbnail
Hmm I guess so, but then to be honest, if I was Padmini and found out he had a Son too, I wouldn't marry Ranaji....

And again, she didn't really have a choice and was kind of in love with him right?
MysticNights thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
aah i think the honesty and love made her even more in love with Ratan Singh. I think it was a good choice.

good topic 😊
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
well I guess love wud hav to b the excuse for it wud hav made padmini blind to ranajis faults 😆
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
no its not true dat ranaji was not honest.he has won da sawamwar & immediatly after dat marriage was announcd. he tried 2 tell all but nobody allowd him 2 meet da padmini. wen he told her den its her choice.in those days kings marry so many times so it was expectd they hav issues also.

it is dis honesty & her luv 4 ranaji dat she married him!!!!!

but if i were in dat place i havn't married him inspite of luvng so much.
Edited by tiny15 - 14 years ago
sattvik thumbnail
Oh yeah, Ranaji did try so many times to tell her but he couldn't....

Rightly said so he was honest and then what sportskp comes in!

Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago
Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As already mention by all, Padmini probably accepted a married Rana because she was already in love with him. Time is limited in this show so their initial love hasn't been portrayed well hence why we all doubt this decision taken by Padmini.

It would've been foolish for Rana to have a convo with Padmini's parents revealing that he's already married and has a son before the Swayamvar. Firstly because they would've refused him straight away and we can't have that happening can we? Secondly, there was a slim chance that he could've lost and face shame.

He did try to reveal to Padmini as soon as he won but circumstances never allowed him. He went as far as calling Padmini in the dead of the night and unknowingly getting Padmini hurt by that slimeball (Malkhan Singh). So we can't say he never tried.

But I was hugely shocked when I found out that he already had a son and was peeving that he revealed the info after the marriage. He should've told her when he told her about Nagmati but I guess he was scared that she'll refuse. I dunno. As for Padmini, he reveal Yash after the marriage, not much she could do then but just accept and move on.