Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

I dont think I like this style of swayamvar at all where the bride has to B handed over like a trophy. But i likes sanyogita's swayamvar where she had the guts to garland prithvi's statue & elope with him ..

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

I dont think I like this style of swayamvar at all where the bride has to B handed over like a trophy. But i likes sanyogita's swayamvar where she had the guts to garland prithvi's statue & elope with him ..

these type of swayamwars do hav sum merits & demerits.in sum cases it appear gals as trophies   but in dis case it was da decision of padmini.

in all da swayamwars ppl were invitd & sumtimes such conditions were made wen all appear 2 b gud.doesn't it happen in arranged marriages 2day also where parents tell  abt da person & den u choose just lukng sum attributes.bcoz u don't know him/her untill u marry. so does it make all wrong? no,dats why swayamwars were also like dis.rememeber no system is perfect.it was made so as gals can marry wid their choice &  parents hav approval also.😊  😊  😊

and whereas in syongita's case she has da guts bcoz she knew & luvd prc.and only she wantd her father 2 teach a lesson dat if he cudn't invite him she can herself choose it.👏bcoz all hav 2 b invitd foe or frnd. though sumtimes jaichand type of person took advantage of dis system.