Meet || Happily Ever After (a oneshot)

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey! I was on a roll yesterday, and finally got down to writing the oneshots that had been in my head for a long time. So another MeherPreet one. πŸ˜‰ For all the people at the Meet AT, and all my friends, especially Bhav and Maddy who allowed me to include them in this!

Enjoy!

-||-

"Papa, hume nayi story sunni hai," Bhavna announced to her father in all the solemness a five-year old could muster.

"Haan Papa," Madhuri parroted her elder sister, removing her thumb from her mouth long enough to speak. "We want a new 'toiy."

"Kaunsi story chahiye meri pariyon ko?" Preet asked his children, tucking them into bed before perching on top of the blanket.

"Fa'iytale!" Maddy chirped, a bright smile on her face.

"Fairytale?" Preet made a face. "Kaunsi? Cinderella?"

Both girls shook their heads. "Papa, aapki kahaani batao na."

"Meri kahaani?" Preet asked Bhavna. "Par meri kaunsi kahaani hai?"

"Aap aur Mama kaise miley?"

"Oh, woh kahaani!" Preet grinned at his daughters. "Woh kahaani toh filmo ki tarah play karti hai. Batao?" He looked at them, both excited to hear how their parents had met and fallen in love.

"Toh theek hai, shuru karta hoon ek train station par..."

"Arre ruko!" The girl ran after the train unsuccessfully. Her friends were calling out the window for her to hurry.

"Meher! Meher! Bhago! Jaldi!"

The train pulled out of the station before she could reach it and Meher came to a halt. She began to cry. Preet pulled up next to her. "Senorita, please don't cry. I hate it when girls cry. I never knew what to do!" (This was punctuated by giggles from the girls, who knew first hand that this was true.)

She turned to glare at him. "This is all your fault! If you hadn't initiated that argument, I wouldn't have gotten late, and missed my train!" She trailed off into a wail. Preet stared helplessly at her. He had not meant for this to happen when he had bumped into her. He just could not resist bringing that fire into her eyes. It made her all the more attractive. (He paused, wondering if he should have said something like that to his kids, but they were soaking in his every word, so he figured it was fine.) He'd been drawn to it the first time they had met two days before, on the very train both of them had just missed.

"Main hum dono koh agle station tak ponchadunga, before the train leaves from there," he promised her. She'd made no noise, though she did not say anything positive either. Neither expected to bond on their journey. When they separated after their tour, which was then spent together only, he knew he was head over heels in love with her, and that he could not live without her.

(Here, Bhavna interrupted. "How romantic!" Preet was a little disturbed that his five year old knew what romance was.)

He went after her, finding out from her friends that she was to get married to someone else. He reached Ambala within a week, and was at her window that very night. She was shocked to see him.

"Tum, yahan?"

"Haan, aur kahan?" He smirked at her, eyes conveying what both already knew. She pulled him in quickly, looking out to make sure no one had seen him. She turned around to see him lounging around in her bed. "Preet, agar kisse ne tumhe dekha toh tumhe pata bhi hai main kitni musibat mein phas jaati?"

"No one saw me senorita," Preet soothed her.

That night they made plans for how he was to win her hand. The week leading up to her wedding was spent meeting secretly, her playing the good daughter and him forging relations with her family. He had no wish to elope with her; he wanted her family to give her hand in his. They both wanted their blessings with them. So they waited. But when they were found out, all hell broke loose. He was kicked out of the house and she was told that she had to marry Manmeet. (The girls gasped.)

Preet had reached the station with his brother. Manmeet and his gang had followed, angry at being deceived, and wanting to keep Preet far away from Meher. So they had thrashed him. Preet had not retaliated. It was when they had turned to attack his PB, who had been trying to stop them, that he had gotten enraged and fought back viciously. It was to this scene that Balraj, Meher and their family arrived. Furiously, Balraj told Preet and Prem to leave and never come back. Meher was in tears, begging her father to let her go with her Preet. It was only as the train began to pull away that Balraj realised that Meher would never be happy without Preet.

He let her hand go. Meher looked at him, surprised that he had actually agreed. "Ja."

She turned, and fled down the platform, screaming for Preet. He leaned out of the door, holding out his hand. She managed to reach, despite the heavy lehnga she wore, and grabbed hold of his hand. He pulled her in, and into a hug. He'd never let go since.

Bhavna had her hand over her heart. "So sweet."

"Mujhe na," Maddy started. "ith taya di love 'toiy chahiye."

Preet looked at them in askance. "No! No love-shove for the two of you."

"Kyun?" This came from Meher, who was standing in the doorway looking amused. Preet wondered how much she had heard.

"Aise hi?" Preet tried. Meher shook her head. She kissed the girls on the forehead, telling them to sleep. Preet breathed a sigh in relief; she had not heard his story. They exited the room, Preet switching off the light and closing the door behind him. Meher stopped in front of him.

"Toh, Raj aur Simran ki love story kaisi mukhi?" Preet grinned sheepishly at his wife. She rolled her eyes. "DDLJ ke alava, aur koi story nahin milli adapt karne liye?"

Preet wrapped his arms around his wife's waist. "Par senorita, yeh toh tumhari favourite movie hai na?"

She hit his head lightly. "Hopeless."

He nodded and grinned at her.

-||-

Yes, yes, I know the DDLJ storyline is a little messed up, but take it as Preet's creative license? (I haven't seen the movie in ages!)

Let me know what you think!

Love,
Radz
Edited by Anhdara13 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

urworstnitemare thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
blahblah* *woot! on a roll today...two in a row! *cha ching cha ching

Heyla again!!! great job once again.

*erhm..why am i slow at catching stuff like this..gosh first i thought that the story seemed to be kind of like Jab we met and then DDLG ...i guess i was kinda right?😳 
Yeah the kids these days *shakes head in disapproval...are not the same as the used to be *sigh...lol.

Now i'm curious as to what the real love story was. i love stories that make me think!!! 😍

*sigh..i'm tiredπŸ₯± good night....πŸ₯±πŸ₯± -blahblah will be waiting for more...
Edited by urworstnitemare - 15 years ago
sourpuss thumbnail
Sigh. If it makes me feel any better, I'm an adorable five-year-old.

Anyway I'm not in the commenting mood today because my nose is being stupid and my water heater is whacked up, so yeah. You know I liked this...

Love,
Bhav (:
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Thanks guys! Will comment back soon.

Love,
Radz
blackdaughter thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
tango! =)

........................ that was................ ADORABLE!!!!! I loved it!!!!! πŸ˜†

I've always wanted to be the younger sibling!!!! Being the older one can get boring at times!!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† *Giggle*, i'm a totalli!!!! πŸ˜† That's so cute!!! Awwww, i'm Preet's little pari!!! *sigh* πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† 

And i'll have Shabo know that i loved every bit of the story and i have no problem what so ever being Preet's little girl!!! *sticking my tongue out at her and being super mature* πŸ˜†

As soon as i read 'a girl running after train unsuccessfully', i knew it was an inspiration from DDLJ!!!!! Then you gave it a tiny Jab We Met twist!!!!!! I liked it!!!

'Here, Bhavna interrupted. "How romantic!" Preet was a little disturbed that his five year old knew what romance was.' That has to be my fav line!!! I could totally imagine Preet being an over protective father!!!!! πŸ˜†

I liked how you used Prem instead of Lallu becuase for Preet, Prem is his 'father'; his everything!!! Great of you to capture and portray that!!!!!!! *thumbs up* You got that right, i also want a love story like that!!!!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† I knew this is how Meher would react!!! Amused and finding her hubby hopeless!!!!

Great one-shot and thank you so much for including me!!! *hug*

P.S. - Hug for Meeru as well!!! πŸ˜†
Edited by blackdaughter - 15 years ago
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I was going to say my spot, but I think I'll risk hurting my finger a little more today just for you Radz! 😳

That was adorable!!!!! *big hugs to Madz and Bhav* How cute were they? My favourite part was when Preet was surprised to hear Bhav say romance! πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ But seriously my fav movie...and you did an awesome job using it with Meet! 😳 I loved it Radz, really cheered me up after a ugh day! πŸ˜†

Love you loads,

Meera😳

P.S. Write more!
BD and Madz willingly wanted to be Preet's kids? *shakes head* The things people to do be close to Preet....

Great shot, loved how he described it, the story and all and *ROFL* at Preet wondering where his kids picked up "romance" Can so imagine his face! *pulls cheeks*

--shabz
flowers4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hey great update very sweet and preet yaar hes tooooooooooooooo funny
blackdaughter thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted my comment! =)
Anhdara13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: urworstnitemare

blahblah* *woot! on a roll today...two in a row! *cha ching cha ching Avu! You are good. πŸ˜‰

Heyla again!!! great job once again. Thanks!

*erhm..why am i slow at catching stuff like this..gosh first i thought that the story seemed to be kind of like Jab we met and then DDLG ...i guess i was kinda right?😳 πŸ˜† Yes you were. At least you recognised it. πŸ˜‰
Yeah the kids these days *shakes head in disapproval...are not the same as the used to be *sigh...lol. Naw, that's just these two (or rather mostly just Bhav *ducks stale cupcakes* πŸ˜†)

Now i'm curious as to what the real love story was. i love stories that make me think!!! 😍

*sigh..i'm tiredπŸ₯± good night....πŸ₯±πŸ₯± -blahblah will be waiting for more... Thanks Avu! Good night. hope to write more soon. πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: sourpuss

Sigh. If it makes me feel any better, I'm an adorable five-year-old. Yes you are. You'll be adorable in CC too. *evil laughter*

Anyway I'm not in the commenting mood today because my nose is being stupid and my water heater is whacked up, so yeah. You know I liked this... Aw, hope your day gets better! πŸ˜ƒ And thanks!

Love, love you too!
Bhav (:

@ jamune: Thank you! Am glad you enjoyed it!

Love,
Radz