Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kripsy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: sarah1024

robinc07, moonlight44, humaira_nasir, angel's life, robbieluvr and shabs_89 -- Nice to know that there are others who feel the same way!

julle -- Long time indeed! What's up? I didn't know you watch this show 😊. I can totally understand what you must have gone through. I have a lot of friends who can understand their native language but not speak it. So it was smart of Ekta to show some realism in this show.

kripsy -- I agree! Like I pointed out above, it's a relief to see the creatives adding a realistic aspect to Yug's character. I was really surprised when Prem (Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil) and his siblings could speak in perfect Hindi even though they were all raised in Canada.

Exactly!!! Esp Preet who seemed exactly like the typical spoilt brat who can't speak a word to save his life!!!
I'm glad Yug's situation is more realistic, makes him more chraming!
stares thumbnail

Originally posted by: sarah1024

This is the first time I'm seeing something like this on a K-soap. Or any Hindi soap, for that matter. On every other Indian serial I've seen, the leading couple can communicate in the same language (yet their misunderstandings are never cleared - but that's another story altogether, lol).

I really like how Yug can totally understand what Vrinda is saying in Hindi, while she can't understand his "angrezi" - the only language he speaks. This barrier adds a whole new dimension to their love story! I mean, can you imagine how typically boring those jungle/car scenes would've been had the two of them been talking in Hindi? We've seen about a hundred soap couples getting stranded together in the middle of nowhere during the early episodes of their love story. With Yug and Vrinda it was the same old situation, but with a different touch.    

I'm curious though - how long will they be able to carry on a soap where the leading male character can't speak a word of the language that the show is made in? I guess within the next few months Yug will learn to speak in Hindi. I hope until then, we continue to see more light-hearted moments between Yug and Vrinda. Does anyone else think that the language barrier between Y-V makes this show better than it would've otherwise been?

I totally agree. The fact that they have the barrier I feel does make the show more than it would have been because then we wouldn't have the funnier moments between them and it makes it unique because like you mentioned I too haven't seen this is K show so it's a new twist on the otherwise cliche love story. Eventually Yug will speak hindi I'm thinking in a few months and they might even get Vrinda to teach him but I guess for now we can enjoy the humour of it.
viniva sharma thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i agreee der conversation makes d show more interestin!!!😛 as vrinda cant understand n e thing bt yug can bt he can nt make her understand!!!!!👏d scence in which he showz vrinda dat "d car has broken down" she thought dat his hand z broken!!!😆