Ajay Devgan : What is your Style Number?

Ibad thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
COMFORT COUNTS
Style! People say it's important. But personally, I've never given it much importance.
I don't aim to set trends or make fashion statements on screen. I don't believe clothes make an actor. I just face the camera and do my thing.
So for the last couple of years, I've entrusted my wardrobe to Anna Singh. I trust her implicitly and she has never let me down. Well before shooting starts, Anna and I discuss the character I'm playing and what she's going to get me to wear. So there is no confusion once shooting starts.
Off the screen, I'm a casual dresser and most comfortable in a pair of jeans and a shirt or perhaps a T-shirt. When necessary, a pair of formal trousers and a formal shirt replace the jeans and T-shirt. The only occasion I've worn a suit in recent times was when I walked the ramp at a charity event for a cancer-aid organisation.
My personal wardrobe is a mix of what I pick up on my trips abroad and what Anna picks up for me. Yes, you will find some labels in there. I'm most certainly aware of what's in and what's not. But believe me, I don't necessarily put too much thought into what I should wear on a particular occasion. Nor do I consciously choose to sport a label. I just wear what I think I'll be most comfortable in at that moment.
Having said that, I'll leave Anna to do the talking about my clothes.

PINK ME UP
Though Ajay prefers casual clothes, he carries off the classic suit look very well. Instead of giving him the usual formal shirt-and-tie combo, I deliberately gave him a magenta shirt with a frilled collar because it's bound to look terrific on screen. Bright colours look good on Ajay, though you won't find them in his personal wardrobe.

A GOOD INITIAL
When I saw this T-shirt from the latest Armani Jeans collection, I had to buy it for Ajay. 'because, if you didn't know, everyone in the industry calls Ajay 'AJ'. It's cool, casual and comfortable just the kind of thing Ajay would have in his personal collection.

VESTED INTEREST
The tattoo-and-sleeveless-vest combination is in right now. I think Ajay looks as good as anyone else out there in it. But he's trying it out for the first time since he's a little hesitant about showing off his physique. Perhaps that explains his subtle body language here.

ALL FUR YOU
This brown shirt with a fur collar is very obviously a designed look. It's what I would term a 'rock star look'. Ajay would never wear anything like remotely like this except for photographs. But see how confidently he carries it off.