Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriDevi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

I finished watching it over this long weekend. 

I am amazed at the grandeur and the world which has been created. 

I was left confused by the way the story direction changed in the final 2 episodes. 

SPOILERS AHEAD 

I have a few questions about some of the random scenes. I wonder if anyone else can explain what shekhar suman was doing in the buggy with Mallikajaan. I know what was portrayed but practically speaking he was facing away from her and seemed to be indulging in physical relations with what... who? I didn't understand that AT ALL. 

Why did they show the whole seduction scene between cartwright and ustadji???

When did Saima leave to become a singer? 

Imaad being revealed as Mallikajaans and Nawab Zulfikars illegitimate child on his wedding day was powerful but later when the nawab met to boycott the tawaifs he was sat in the same gathering and both father and son were present without any acknowledgement of their bond. I found that odd. 

When the drawings of the revolutionaries was shown to cartwright how did he not recognise Bibbojaan?? 

Some of my questions.... 

Edited by SriDevi89 - 12 days ago
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

I watched the first 3 episodes so far cause I m obsessed with glamarous and period dramas these days smiley37

I actually liked Heeramandi so far, 10/10 for the glamour and sets. Outfits were good too. Story was average, but I loved it cause of the gorgeous sets smiley37

Acting wise Mallika Jaan -  Manisha Koirala was amazing, she just nailed the character. She was the showstopper here.

My fav character is BibboJaan and I really liked Aditi here, she should do more movies/shows like this, I loved her a lot in Padmavaat. I wish they showed more of Bibbo Jaan. I liked her with Wali Sahab too, saw Fardeen onscreen after long time , he was decent.

Sonakshi and Sanjida did good in their roles as, Fareedan and Waheeda respectively. Again same for Sonakshi, she should do more roles in period movies, after Lootera finally one movie where I loved her work. Sanjida also justified Waheeda’s character well.

They made Sonakshi and Shekar Suman’s son do double rolessmiley37 that got me confused lol.

Lajjo was there for a short role, wish she had a prolonged role, Richa Chaddha’s screen presence is really good. They should have shown more of her instead of her one-sided love for that useless Zoravar.

As for Alamzeb, I think her character was well-written but poorly executed. Could have choosen a better actress since it was kinda a main role. Moreover she for overshadowed with 5 good and veteran actresses in the show.

Still feel ppl are too harsh on the actress playing Alamzeb given she’s a newbie. She was okay in the normal or happy scenes but totally flat in the emotional scenes. I actually liked her pairing and story with Tajdar, the Tajdar actor was good! 

The supporting cast was good especially the helpers in HeeraMandi, they actually did well.

Edited by JustRandomGirl - 12 days ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: SriDevi89

I finished watching it over this long weekend. 

I am amazed at the grandeur and the world which has been created. 

I was left confused by the way the story direction changed in the final 2 episodes. 

SPOILERS AHEAD 

I have a few questions about some of the random scenes. I wonder if anyone else can explain what shekhar suman was doing in the buggy with Mallikajaan. I know what was portrayed but practically speaking he was facing away from her and seemed to be indulging in physical relations with what... who? I didn't understand that AT ALL. 

With himself, agar aap samjhe toh... Ig it was to show how drunk he was that he haad no idea. T h, stupid scene really. You later show him to be ruthless, but what about the stupid image you have already created in my head. Why would I take such a dumbass seriously

Why did they show the whole seduction scene between cartwright and ustadji???

Gay representation...? It was to get ustaad to break his loyalty to the Shahi mahsl, but it looked comical🤦‍♀️

When did Saima leave to become a singer? 

She was sold naa, so she smh managed to become a singer after being married 

Imaad being revealed as Mallikajaans and Nawab Zulfikars illegitimate child on his wedding day was powerful but later when the nawab met to boycott the tawaifs he was sat in the same gathering and both father and son were present without any acknowledgement of their bond. I found that odd. 

Writers ko khud yaad nahi raha hoga ki they had introduced the plot point😅

When the drawings of the revolutionaries was shown to cartwright how did he not recognise Bibbojaan?? 

Ig painting itni khaas thi nahi, aur Cartwright is bad at remembering faces😂

Some of my questions.... 

Answers in bold😅

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

So, just finished watching it over the weekend.

Positive:

Manisha, oh man, what a performance! She totally owned it.

The sets and jewelry. Bhansali really knows how to craft a whole new world.

Every performance, even the supporting cast, was on point.

The dialogues. Classic Bhansali.

Negative:

Alamzeb was a missed opportunity. Such a well-written character, but the performance fell flat. 

Sanjeeda Sheikh as a courtesan without a proper mujra? that's a letdown. There's one but it didn't do justice to her talent.

Apart from  Tilasmi Baahien and Sakal Ban, the music didn't really grab me. Most of it felt like recycled stuff. 

The ending? Meh. Had potential for something powerful, but it just didn't hit the mark for me.

Overall, I enjoyed it, despite some minor gripes. Can't wait for Love and War now!

I totally agree with your review based on the first 3 epis I watched so far! The music could have been so much better, Bhansali movies usually have a great music album so had high expectations for the music 🥲

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 days ago

I have only watched 1 episode so far, it's too long and boring. Worst part for me was Alamzeb. Damn never thought SLB would shove his nepo baby on us this way. She was so dull and one note. Expression, dialogue delivery, body language all bad. 

Shirsha thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Horror Heroes

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

I totally agree with your review based on the first 3 epis I watched so far! The music could have been so much better, Bhansali movies usually have a great music album so had high expectations for the music 🥲

Yes, music could have been better. SLB's movies are known for fantastic music! 

Mari_a thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I found it average as I couldn't complete the series and left it midway. Yeah, not my cup of tea. 3/5

SriDevi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thank you for clearing up my confusion!! 

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 days ago

This is so true lol. I watched it for the glamour and outfits. But it wasn't realistic at all.. Urdu was barely spoken in Lahore back in the days 😆

Posted: 10 days ago

Originally posted by: e1t53e

Valekum assalam…..Insaani andaz se hi toh atah farmaya hai. Rukh rukh kar dekhna aur jhukh jhukh kar bolna hamare nawabi shaan ke khilaf hai. 🤪

Sorry for the late reply. It's just that..  I need help understanding what you have said.  So I have tagged Clochette ...we can decode what you have said together 

Clochette.. look ..it looks like English.. but its notttt..... she has misspelt everyyy single word!!! What do you think she is trying to say? ..