Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs_Darcy_Shree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 25 days ago

Thanks for your words of appreciation guys, truly means a lot... smiley27 

Will try to not make you guys wait too long for updates... Agla part is 60% complete btw smiley2

Most of my focus will remain on Surlie... And sparks will fly from both ends soon... No extra slowburn, no unnecessary family drama... smiley9 haan bas Auggy k death ka DDP sehna padega thoda thoda smiley19 not like any of us can ever move on from him

YourSia thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Shree yaaaar...your writing is truly exquisite smiley42

I'm not surprised anymore by how you breathe life into your characters. Their actions, reactions, and dialogues are impeccably true to their personalities. Han bas this part was so full of DDKP.. But yeah, I understand its necessity smiley19

I'm hopeful that the upcoming chapters will be lighter, and we'll get to see the sparks fly between Surlie.. Can't wait to read more behen.. Just give me the next part already 😭

https://tenor.com/bPO4B.gif

PS: Special mention to the dialogue that stole my heart, liver, lungs, kidney... 

"I don't have a family.. I've been on my own for as long as I can remember".. Haaye. Jo thandak mili hai mere kaleje ko. Good riddance. smiley42

https://tenor.com/boAVM.gif

Edited by YourSia - 25 days ago

Originally posted by: YourSia

PS: Special mention to the dialogue that stole my heart, liver, lungs, kidney... 

"I don't have a family.. I've been on my own for as long as I can remember".. Haaye. Jo thandak mili hai mere kaleje ko. Good riddance. smiley42

https://tenor.com/boAVM.gif

Haina! Mujhe bhi sab Reddys ko ikkathe gayab karke bada maza aaya

https://tenor.com/nPbRIUJ6Fa8.gif

Posted: 21 days ago

Hello peeps, as promised here's the third part of this Surlie FF with detectivegiri and sparks flying. Reminder: Back in the game of fiction after a decade, so pehle se hi expectations low rakhna... smiley36 Here goes nothing... 

AJEEB DASTAAN HAI YE...

CHAPTER 3 

*Flashback Continues*

Surya's gaze swept across the sea of unfamiliar faces one last time. His heart pounding in his chest as he felt the walls of his carefully-constructed world crumbling around him.

This couldn't be real. It has to be some kind of a twisted dream. But as Imlie's accusing stare bore into him from the farthest corner of the hall and the relentless chatter of his self-proclaimed family assaulted his senses, Surya knew he was wide awake, and his life — as he knew it — was about to turn upside down.

Annapurna Devi ran towards Imlie: Bitiya, dekh na Gattu ko, kaisan humka sata raha hai. Ee humse naraaz hai na par tu bolegi to ruk jaega. Isse bol na hum tose maanfi maang liye hain... ab to naraaz na ho ee humse...

Imlie held her by her shoulders: Bas Dadiya! Bas! Ab aap naahi royengi...

Dadi: Par bitiya...

Imlie: Ye Babu naahi hain... Humri kismat ka kiya ek bura mazaak hai... Aap samajh kaahe naahi rahi...

Sonali: Ee ka bol rahi ho dulhan...

Imlie: Haan jiji, ye aapke lalla ji naahi hain... Baat ko samjho aap sab aur iss behroopiya se moh baandhna band karo...

Saying this, Imlie walked up to the grand door of the mansion where Surya was still lingering and shut the door in his face but not before giving him a death glare, almost as if warning him to not ever come near this house again.

Frustrated with the turn of events, Surya went back to the police station and stormed into the commissioner’s office.

Surya: What kind of a sick joke is this?

Commissioner Indraneel looked at him wondering what he was referring to. Getting the hint, Surya explained in detail what a harrowing experience he just went through.

Indraneel: Hmm... So you met the family.

Surya: You knew that I resemble their dead son?

Indraneel: From what I had heard, you’re not one to function while running high on emotions. What’s changed? This is just another case... Some strange people have been trying to attack Imlie since Agastya’s death. They even sent threatening notes. Govind ji and Annapurna ji requested my assistance but they didn’t want Imlie to be any more hassled so they haven’t told her. Our team has been secretly tailing her but the threat is too big for the junior officers to handle and we needed someone smart. I also chose you because of this resemblance.

He showed Surya the case files and explained what all has happened so far. “See, our theory is that Navya ji, has hired these people to hurt Imlieand if they spot you, they’ll be confused that Agastya survived the accident and maybe make some mistake in that confusion. I was planning to explain all this to you during your briefing tomorrow morning and make you meet Govind ji and Annapurna ji. Anyway, now that you all have met, I’ll explain them the situation. So go ahead and solve the case, Surya!”

Surya thought about it for a while. “Only if no one in that family pesters me about my resemblance with Agastya.”

As the commissioner agreed, they shook hands and he left with the casefiles to study them before coming up with a strategy. Tripathy showed him to his guest quarters.

The next day, Surya woke up at the crack of dawn, and went for a run in his favourite black vest and khaki tracks but only after covering his face with a mask. ‘No more melodrama,’ he thought. As he got ready and was about to leave for the chowki, the commissioner called and informed him to stay in and work from Chaudhary Mansion as the family has requested so. They had all the pending police case files and those of the private investigators brought in for him to study. He futher informed that they have assured to not bother him about his resemblance to Agastya.

Surya sighed as he entered the grand but deserted-looking Chaudhary Mansion. As he entered the hall, his eyes met Imlie’s, ‘Keyka...’ he thought but felt a strange stirring within him. There was a raw beauty to her that caught him off guard, and for a moment, he found himself unable to look away. But before he could dwell on the feeling, her voice cut through the silence.

"Well," she said, her tone measured, "it seems we have much to discuss. Let's see if you are as good a cop as Indraneel kaka said and if you can really uncover the truth behind my husband's death."

Surya nodded, his jaw set with determination, "I'm ready. Let's get to the bottom of this."

Dadi came towards Surya, her expression ever so soft, "Beta, Senji said you're here to help us. What do you propose we do?"

Surya took a moment to gather his thoughts, his gaze sweeping across the room. "First and foremost, I want to understand the circumstances surrounding Agastya's death."

The family took turns to first introduce themselves and then tell him all about the masked killer, Vishwa and Navya’s revenge ploy, Ashu’s kidnapping, Bhola and Vishwa’s death, Navya’s confession and the tragic accident that took away their beloved Agastya, and Imlie’s suspicions surrounding the death.

They made up an excuse and sent Imlie out on an errand before explaining about the threats on her life. Surya furrowed his brows, processing all the information he was receiving.

"Up until Agastya’s death, things made sense. But why the threats after his death? That too just for Imlie? Have the police been able to identify any other suspects?" he asked.

Govind chacha shook his head, his face etched with frustration."No, they haven't. They have been woefully incompetent in their investigation. That's why we're hoping you can help us."

Surya nodded, his mind already racing with possibilities. "I'll need to review all the files and speak to the officers who were first on the scene. If there's any chance of finding the culprits, I'll do everything in my power to make that happen."

Imlie, who had just walked in, let out a derisive snort. "How noble of you, Inspector. But can we really trust that you're not here to further some agenda of yours?"

Surya's eyes narrowed, his patience wearing thin. "Senior inspector! And I assure you, my one and only agenda is to find out what happened to Agastya and bring those responsible to justice."

Steeling his resolve, Surya turned to Dadi, "Alright Dadi, let's get started. I'm going to need access to all the information you have on Agastya's case and speak to the previous officer in-charge of the case. The sooner we get to the bottom of this, the better."

Dadi nodded, a faint glimmer of hope in her eyes. "Very well, beta. I had asked Jugnu to gather everything we have. The commissioner has also promised Raghu Awasthi, the previous officer’s, full cooperation in your investigation. Oh and before I forget, you must be hungry, please have breakfast with us, and before you say anything, it’s no trouble. Least we can do for someone who has travelled so far from home just to assist us."

‘Home, what home,’ he thought. As Surya watched the family scatter to carry out Dadi's instructions, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of unease. The weight of this newfound responsibility and Imlie's simmering resentment towards him were heavy burdens to bear. But he was never one to shy away from a challenge, and as always was determined to prove his worth.

With a deep breath, he steeled himself for the task ahead, ready to unravel the mysteries that shrouded Agastya's untimely demise and, in the process, unknown to all, uncover the truth about his own past.

The family led Surya to a cozy kitchen with dim lighting. As Imlie was heating up the food, she couldn’t help but mutter under her breath. “Did dadi amma really have to bring this doppelganger home to solve August Babu’s case! How much do we even know this behrupiya?! So irresponsible of them. But I’ll fulfil my promise to Babu and protect this family at any cost. I’ll show this dummy his place. Hmph!”

She was soon bustling around the dining table, serving food onto everyone’s plates. Surya, who was sitting at one end of the table, couldn’t help but watch her intently.

Imlie: [placing a plate in front of Surya] Here you go, Surya ji.

He wondered why the woman who was mentally throwing daggers at him till now was suddenly being so nice but smiled anyway. “Thank you. This looks delicious.”

Imlie's hand accidentally brushed against Surya's as she served some pooris and their gaze met for a brief, electrifying moment.

Imlie and Surya: [flustered] Uh, sorry!

Surya took a small bite of food and began to choke.

Imlie, who had deliberately put three extra spoons of chilli powder in his aloo curry, faked concern: Oh no! Are you okay, Surya ji?

Surya: [tried to nod, still coughing uncontrollably] Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. It's just... a little spicy...

Imlie suddenly felt bad for the poor chap. She poured him a glass of water. “Here, drink this. I'm sorry, I should've warned you about the spice.”

Her worry slowly faded as Surya's breathing returned to normal.

‘You definitely did this on purpose, you pretty witch’ Surya thought. “Oh no, no, it's my fault. I should've known better than to underestimate your cooking skills. I'll try to be more careful from now on, especially when you're around.”

‘How dare he.’ Imlie: Well, just let me know if you need anything else. I can make something milder for you.

Surya: [smirking] Oh don’t bother. I think I'll survive this one. But thank you. You're very kind.

As Imlie started to turn away her eyes met Dadi and Sonali jiji’s. Both gave her a warning look, knowing fully well that she was trying to make Surya leave.

As the Chaudhary household slowly settled into an uneasy silence after breakfast, Surya found himself seated on a plush sofa in the family's ornate hall, poring over the case files related to Agastya's untimely death. The air was thick with the scent of sandalwood and the palpable tension that hung between him and the grieving family.

Jugnu had diligently gathered every scrap of information they had on the incident, and Surya meticulously sifted through the documents, his brow furrowed in concentration. He could feel the weight of Imlie's unwavering gaze upon him, her resentment palpable even in the silence.

‘What have I ever done to offend this woman,’ he wondered. Surya took a deep breath, trying to push aside the distractions and focus on the task at hand. As he studied the crime scene reports, Navya’s confession and witness statements, a troubling pattern began to emerge. The police had indeed been woefully incompetent in their investigation... failing to uncover any substantial leads or come up with the possibility of multiple perpetrators being involved.

"This is worse than I thought," Surya muttered under his breath, his fingers drumming against the pages. "They have barely scratched the surface."

Dadi, who had been quietly observing him from the corner of the room, cleared her throat, drawing Surya's attention. "What have you found?"

Surya lifted his gaze to meet hers, his expression grim. "It's not good. The police work has been shoddy at best–"

Imlie, who had been sitting in the corner, her hands clasped tightly in her lap, spoke up, her voice laced with malice. "So, you're saying the police here are incompetent?"

Surya turned to face her, his own frustration bubbling to the surface."I'm not saying they're incompetent, Imlie. I'm saying they've clearly missed crucial evidence and leads that could point us in the right direction. As an officer, I assure you that I'll be far more thorough in my investigation."

Imlie's eyes narrowed, her lips pressed into a thin line. "And why should we trust you, Inspector? You're a stranger in this family, and you have no real stake in what happened to babu."

Surya felt a pang of hurt at her words, but he refused to let it show. ‘Why do I care what she thinks. This chit of a girl means nothing to me, so why am I so bothered by her. And why the f### can I feel her blo0dy eyes also piercing through me all the time,’ he thought frustrated.

Dadi raised a hand, silencing the two. "Enough! We're getting nowhere with this bickering. Surya, tell us what you plan to do next."

He took a deep breath. "As I said earlier, I'll need to speak with the officers who were first on the scene of crime to understand their thought process, and see if they overlooked any crucial evidence. Then, I'll retrace Agastya's steps on the day of the incident, talk to the witnesses, and see if I can uncover any new information."

Imlie's expression suddenly softened a bit, and Surya couldn't help but notice the way her eyes seemed to search his face for any sign of deception. "And what will you do if you find something the local police missed?" she asked. Trust and hope beginning to build ever so slightly.

‘Tread carefully,’ Surya warned himself. He held her gaze, his voice steady and resolute. "Then I'll do whatever it takes to bring Agastya's killers to justice. I may be a stranger to this family, but I can assure you that I'm as invested in this case as you are."

Dadi nodded. "Very well then. I'll arrange for you to meet officer Raghu and his team."

As Dadi left the room to make the necessary arrangements, Surya felt a sudden weight lift from his shoulders. Finally, he was getting a chance to put his investigative skills to the test, to delve into the mystery that had eluded the local authorities.

But as he turned his attention back to the case files, he couldn't help but feel the lingering presence of Imlie's piercing gaze. Sigh! There was something about this young widow that intrigued him – innocence and a vulnerability that seemed to cut through his hardened exterior. He found himself drawn to the way she carried herself, the way her eyes shone, with sheer devotion whenever she spoke of Agastya, and a fierce determination even in the midst of her profound grief.

Surya shook his head, chiding himself for allowing his mind to wander. Yet again! Now was not the time for such distractions. He had a job to do. With renewed focus, he immersed himself in the case, his fingers tracing the details of the crime scene, searching for any clues that might lead him to the truth.

------------------------------------

So that's it for the third part... See you soon with more detectivegiri and romance blossoming... 

Ande-tamatar ki baarish shuru ki jaaye... smiley36 

With love,

Shree

Edited by Mrs_Darcy_Shree - 15 days ago
joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Love It GIF - Love It Perfecto GIFs

How can Shree write and not include Surya in that black vest right? NSP Gang assemble.

What A Man GIF - What A Man Man Manly GIFs

I am already feeling so much chemistry between the two, when Imlie made him eat spicy food or him feeling her piercing gaze on him. Considering Imlie ki life is in danger, I believe we have a lot of Surya saving her moments. Yayyy, I cannot wait for more of this. Atleast you will write a better love story than the writers of Imlie 

Originally posted by: joliefemme

Love It GIF - Love It Perfecto GIFs

How can Shree write and not include Surya in that black vest right? NSP Gang assemble.

What A Man GIF - What A Man Man Manly GIFs

I am already feeling so much chemistry between the two, when Imlie made him eat spicy food or him feeling her piercing gaze on him. Considering Imlie ki life is in danger, I believe we have a lot of Surya saving her moments. Yayyy, I cannot wait for more of this. Atleast you will write a better love story than the writers of Imlie 

Ganji scene k bina kuch adhoora reh jaata smiley37

Uff!!! All your compliments make me blush....

https://tenor.com/bc2ad.gif

s_kavya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Firstly so Black vest made entry heresmiley36 smiley42

Superb update shreesmiley32 loved Surya and Chaudhry family interactions.. Imlie obviously won't trust him easily lol bahot papad belne padenge bande kosmiley36

Poor Surya pehle hi din khatti imlie ne tikha khila diya smiley36 and Surya feeling some strange connection with imliesmiley42 

Can't wait for story to progress and imlie Surya story to start.. Loved the update .. Will be Waiting for the next partđŸ€©

Black GanjiđŸ”„

IMG_20240415_095016.jpg

Edited by s_kavya - 20 days ago
hurrom thumbnail

Amazing... Awesome......smiley27.reading this in the middle of court case.....Thanks for tagging me.. smiley1

Posted: 20 days ago

Originally posted by: hurrom

Amazing... Awesome......smiley27.reading this in the middle of court case.....Thanks for tagging me.. smiley1

So sweet of you ❀ 

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 20 days ago

Wow this is so awesome Shree. You definitely are writing the thriller element superb - I am now quite intrigued as to how you are going to present Agastya’s accident and his death here. 

If only the writers were competent we would not have gotten the pathetic Raghu track. Looking forward to the next chapter. 

BTW this is not Agastya with memory loss right. Bekaar main I don’t want to get my hopes you see.