Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shariefah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Biggest Loser jeet gayi

After losing 40 kgs, Biggest Loser Jeetega runner up Natasha Grover will make her television debut as the female lead in Ghar Ek Sapna

Before
Natasha Grover, the runner up of reality show Biggest Loser Jeetega, has bagged a big role in Ajai Sinha's Ghar Ek Sapna after losing 40 kgs. Natasha will play the romantic lead opposite newcomer Darshan Dave who plays Sujit in the show.

Natasha says, "I had appeared for a screen test for the show long ago but nothing worked out at that time. But after Biggest Loser Jeetega, I got an SMS from Ghar Ek Sapna's director Ajai Sinha on Thursday night, following which I met him. I have already begun shooting for the show."

Natasha is very excited to be part of the show and confesses that it's a dream come true for her. She says, "I always wanted to be an actress and I can't tell you how happy I am to be acting in this show."

"I had done some theatre earlier but was conscious of being in front of the camera because of being overweight," she adds.

Now that Natasha has lost so much weight, she seems to have lost all her inhibitions about facing the camera.
Talking about her role in Ghar Ek Sapna, she says, "I play a very interesting role in the show. Ajaiji is one of the biggest television directors today and I'm glad that I am making my debut with him."

After

When contacted, Ajai Sinha says, "I was very impressed with Natasha when I saw her on  Biggest Loser Jeetega. I had also seen her performing the Mallika Sherawat song 'Maiya Maiya' from Guru."

Sinha says that he had called Natasha for his show earlier but things didn't work out then. He says, "When the romantic track was developing in the show, I immediately thought of Natasha and called her up. She plays a doctor in the show and will be paired opposite Darshan."

Commenting on Darshan and Natasha's track, Sinha says, "The love story begins when this lady doctor enters Darshan aka Sujit's life. Although they are initially at loggerheads, they eventually fall in love."

www.mumbaimirror.com (allowed according to Global Moderators)

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
Natasha: No time for love

From a weighty hundred to a sultry sixty – Natasha Grover has certainly lost a lot of weight and has also bagged a television show in the process.

Leaving the corporate world for the limelight of showbiz, Natasha took up the challenge and became the second runner-up on SaharaOne's reality show, Biggest Loser Jeetega.

This erstwhile strategic planning executive now plays the lead role in Ghar Ek Sapnaa. She quips, "I play the love interest of the character Sujit, played by Darshan Dave. While initially my character will be at loggerheads with his, Cupid will strike soon." Elaborating on her role, she adds, "I play a doctor who has come to crack a medical case."

Does she relate to her on-screen persona? "Not at all," she avers and reveals, "While I play a very serious role in the soap, in real life, I am a very bubbly, chirpy and outspoken person. And yes, I detest going to doctors. Since childhood, I have been scared of them."

Even after being under the constant scrutiny of the camera throughout her reality show, Natasha says that she was stumped on the first day of shooting for her soap. "On BLJ, I had to be myself. But for Ghar Ek Sapnaa, I suddenly had to be and think like someone else, a character that was the creation of the scriptwriter. But now I am slowly getting used to being someone I am not. And it's a lot of fun as well."

Shooting for 12 hours everyday does not bother this lady. "Entering the television world hasn't shocked me or my family. My father, Suresh Grover, produced films. I had always wanted to enter the world of glitz and glamour, but could never express my desire, for nobody would have taken me seriously. But when I got the offer for Ghar Ek Sapnaa, saying no was out of the question. Although the hectic schedule forces me to have my breakfast on my way to the shooting venue, I make sure to attend the salsa, jazz and free-style Bollywood dance classes that I have enrolled for."

This 26-year-old lass maintains that the reality show was the turning point of her life and she is basking in all the compliments she is getting. But strangely enough, she is no more craving to have a 'someone special' in her life. She clarifies, "All my friends had boyfriends, someone with whom they shared special moments, and there I was with no boyfriend. But now, when I can have someone in my life, I don't have the time. My focus is on my career right now. Since I have changed my career at quite a late stage, I better do justice to my decision."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/N atasha_No_time_for_love/articleshow/3062863.cms