•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

I recently started watching this show and finished all the episodes in one day, baring I did pretty much fast forwarded all episodes except the first five. 

I have to say, I don’t know whether I am misreading Angad’s character or if the writers themselves are inconsistent, but Angad comes off as a hypocrite to me. 

In the first episode, he is seen telling his staff to not say sorry when they are doing their job properly. However, even after Sahiba did such a unique and creative design that won the hearts of both darji and beji, instead of complimenting her or even silently admiring her work, he taunted her along with his other family members and insulted her work saying it’s just “theek-thak” even though she managed to make such a beautiful design in such a short span of time. In fact, he even had the audacity to insult her more when she stood up for herself. 

And then, when talking with Sirat during the function, he says that he likes hard-working and ambitious women. Well, Sahiba operates her own shop and her hard work is shown in all her artworks. I don’t expect him to shower love at her, but atleast a little respect is expected right if he claims to like women who are hard-working and ambitious. However, he is constantly insulting her and even letting his cousin sister insult Sahiba’s social status. I mean, is his respect only limited to rich women who are hard-working? What about the thousands of other poor and middle-class women who work day and night trying to make ends meet for their family? Do they not deserve any respect from him? He appears very classist imo.

Also, I don’t understand his dislike towards Sahiba. The only reason he is mad at her is because she doesn’t submissively take his shit like his other staff. He gave her money twice, both times she refused, which shows that she is not greedy. And he created a whole scene during the function for no reason. Like where does his dislike towards her stem from? 

I don’t know if the writer's are intentional in their portrayal of Angad or not, but currently, he is very unlikeable. It’s one thing having a soft spot for your family, and whole another if you have double standards. I am already seeing hints of Virat in him from Ghum. I hope the writers salvage his character before he turns out to be a complete douche. 

Edited by Dear.Zindagi - 1 years ago

I know. 

First of all, Angad didn't seem like the guy who would show off money and not say sorry and stuff. 

Okay, they had their bit of fight and that's fine. But still, he was very unprofessional with her. And I need to also admit that Sahiba was also unprofessional. 

Basically speaking, these two are the nicest humans to others. But they change colors as soon as they are with each other. Sahiba starts talking rudely and Angad starts being an a-hole. 

Sahiba really came off as an angry young lady from her time in the Brar mansion and she is pretty stern even with the money lender in the first episode so I guess the fierceness come from the whole having to uphold everything on her shoulders.

As for Angad, his ego was hurt. He is a classist and his paisagiri didn't work. And that car was probably his favorite lol. 

I think we are forgetting that if sahiba has the weight of family responsibilities on her shoulders then angad has the same weight but just in a different sense. It is so clear that he has always beenexpected to be perfect and crazy expectations his dadaji has is a topic of its own. That old man has burdened angad with his expectations that he couldn't get fulfilled with his own son and now expects angad to live up to his expectations for him as well his own son. During that art tamasha, it was his family that started judging and hurling insults at sahiba's work, angad was quiet till his dadaji started apologizing to dadi and making sad faces. Angad was reacting more because of his family's disappointment rather than her art. Sahiba didn't stop brars from insulting her from get go. After all that drama, she only called out angad. Both have preconceived notions about each other and frankly both go overboard when it comes to each other. Angad reacts too quickly when it comes to sahiba and sahiba either starts a tamasha or let's things escalate instead of putting a stop to it immediately by telling and proving the full truth. Mark my words, sahiba is on her way to become that typical mahaan FL of TV shows. Their characters need to be toned down a little. I dont think indian writers ever understood the true meaning of a sensible FL or ML lead. 

Originally posted by ShivaShumbo

I know. 

First of all, Angad didn't seem like the guy who would show off money and not say sorry and stuff. 

Okay, they had their bit of fight and that's fine. But still, he was very unprofessional with her. And I need to also admit that Sahiba was also unprofessional. 

Basically speaking, these two are the nicest humans to others. But they change colors as soon as they are with each other. Sahiba starts talking rudely and Angad starts being an a-hole. 

Sahiba really came off as an angry young lady from her time in the Brar mansion and she is pretty stern even with the money lender in the first episode so I guess the fierceness come from the whole having to uphold everything on her shoulders.

As for Angad, his ego was hurt. He is a classist and his paisagiri didn't work. And that car was probably his favorite lol. 

Correct. From my pov, she is the only child who is earning bread and butter, plus the way Angad gave her money she didn't like it. It was not the way to give someone money by saying bakshish etc. 

Her anger towards him was justified and his sister humilates her, which made her to hate this family. Regarding Angad, i have a feeling that there is a backstory ..

And He is angry that she is not at all what he is trying to instigate against her. 

Originally posted by john909

I think we are forgetting that if sahiba has the weight of family responsibilities on her shoulders then angad has the same weight but just in a different sense. It is so clear that he has always beenexpected to be perfect and crazy expectations his dadaji has is a topic of its own. That old man has burdened angad with his expectations that he couldn't get fulfilled with his own son and now expects angad to live up to his expectations for him as well his own son. During that art tamasha, it was his family that started judging and hurling insults at sahiba's work, angad was quiet till his dadaji started apologizing to dadi and making sad faces. Angad was reacting more because of his family's disappointment rather than her art. Sahiba didn't stop brars from insulting her from get go. After all that drama, she only called out angad. Both have preconceived notions about each other and frankly both go overboard when it comes to each other. Angad reacts too quickly when it comes to sahiba and sahiba either starts a tamasha or let's things escalate instead of putting a stop to it immediately by telling and proving the full truth. Mark my words, sahiba is on her way to become that typical mahaan FL of TV shows. Their characters need to be toned down a little. I dont think indian writers ever understood the true meaning of a sensible FL or ML lead. 

Correct but i hope they tone down both leads a lit bit ... As they are enemies currently but when they start developing feelings it should be casual rom bickering. 

The character is really tough but with lots of layers. Sahiba character is mixed ... But i feel both need each other... 

Originally posted by Dear.Zindagi

I recently started watching this show and finished all the episodes in one day, baring I did pretty much fast forwarded all episodes except the first five. 

I have to say, I don’t know whether I am misreading Angad’s character or if the writers themselves are inconsistent, but Angad comes off as a hypocrite to me. 

In the first episode, he is seen telling his staff to not say sorry when they are doing their job properly. However, even after Sahiba did such a unique and creative design that won the hearts of both darji and beji, instead of complimenting her or even silently admiring her work, he taunted her along with his other family members and insulted her work saying it’s just “theek-thak” even though she managed to make such a beautiful design in such a short span of time. In fact, he even had the audacity to insult her more when she stood up for herself. 

And then, when talking with Sirat during the function, he says that he likes hard-working and ambitious women. Well, Sahiba operates her own shop and her hard work is shown in all her artworks. I don’t expect him to shower love at her, but atleast a little respect is expected right if he claims to like women who are hard-working and ambitious. However, he is constantly insulting her and even letting his cousin sister insult Sahiba’s social status. I mean, is his respect only limited to rich women who are hard-working? What about the thousands of other poor and middle-class women who work day and night trying to make ends meet for their family? Do they not deserve any respect from him? He appears very classist imo.

Also, I don’t understand his dislike towards Sahiba. The only reason he is mad at her is because she doesn’t submissively take his shit like his other staff. He gave her money twice, both times she refused, which shows that she is not greedy. And he created a whole scene during the function for no reason. Like where does his dislike towards her stem from? 

I don’t know if the writer's are intentional in their portrayal of Angad or not, but currently, he is very unlikeable. It’s one thing having a soft spot for your family, and whole another if you have double standards. I am already seeing hints of Virat in him from Ghum. I hope the writers salvage his character before he turns out to be a complete douche. 

I agree with your POV but what astounds me is the fact that Angad's character does not have any brains when it comes to choosing Seerat.Like what does he even know about Seerat that he's falling for her and that too when he himself says that he wants everything perfect in his life?

Angad is a Perfectionist through and through and believes in the Power of Money over everything else hence he has been labelled as Mr.ATM by his future mate Sahiba.It could be possible that he strives to do everything bcoz he wants to be the best son/Grandson for his Daarji which his Father could not be.

Angad might change due to Sahiba's entry but can't the Guy at least use brains before choosing Seerat for himself? Seerat is only interested in his money not in him as a person or as a Husband.

And yes his Tashan with Sahiba does remind of the Shivaay-Anika Tashan scenes.Its looking more and more likely that a forced wedding is on the cards.Angad will no doubt blame Sahiba for keeping this truth that Seerat was her sister and Sahiba will get all the blame for the same.

Sahiba's mom only values Seerat over her 2 daughters-Sahiba and Keerat.So even she won't support Sahiba jealous of the fact that Angad married her youngest daughter over the eldest one.