Users

Frequent Posters

Nabni_blr31 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: naq5

villians ka i know but ML. how did they redeem the ML

I guess audience like such grey/black sided ML. So they don't hv to redeem.😕

Here we hv to wait for sometime. Let's see how it goes. Here ML has problem with all the women. He thinks women just go behind money and rich men. To prove his point he will give that offer to Katha. ðŸ˜¡

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: naq5

they are going to show the FL spending a night with the ML with no love because she needs money to treat her son. is itv so bold to show this. why wud the ML make such a weird condition tho

in the turkish version, the ML has a pretty messed up family background which has impacted how he views relationships. so he sees everything as transactional and women sleeping their way to the top  at work or to land rich men as the reality. he basically makes the suggestion as a kind of dare because he has no context to why she would demand that money. basically the drama is also about his growth and him not labelling all women the same based on the actions of some. 

we will have to see if this version can convey those kind of complicated themes and realities - it will definitely need great writing as well as acting to pull it off. 

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

to give context  to the turkish version, it is inspired by '1001 nights' where from we get stories like ali baba, sindbad and aladdin. 

170 Arabian Nights ideas | arabian nights, arabians, fairy tales 

in the literature, the story goes the king was heartbroken after he found out his queen cheated on him. so he has her killed and then goes on a spree where he will marry one woman and the next morning he has her killed -- this is to ensure another woman does not cheat on him. then a wise daughter of one of the minsters says she will marry the king. the minister is horrified but the daughter convinces him that she can put a stop to the king's madness. so she is married off to the king and in the bedchambers, she begins a story. it goes through the night but just as dawn breaks, she pauses the story. the king has to know how this story ends and keeps her alive for another day and night. then when she finishes one story, she starts another. so it goes on for 1001 nights. through all the stories, the king also changes and he also learns about the queen. that changes his negative mindset and they end up living happily ever after.

so that is the original literature that inspired the turkish version. so every few episodes, they would even quote stuff from there to frame the episode -- basically the dizi was like a modern riff off from the original literature. 

Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

in the turkish version, the ML has a pretty messed up family background which has impacted how he views relationships. so he sees everything as transactional and women sleeping their way to the top  at work or to land rich men as the reality. he basically makes the suggestion as a kind of dare because he has no context to why she would demand that money. basically the drama is also about his growth and him not labelling all women the same based on the actions of some. 

we will have to see if this version can convey those kind of complicated themes and realities - it will definitely need great writing as well as acting to pull it off. 

From Episode 3, you get a feeling that Viaan had a troubled relationship with his father. But he loves his mother. There may be some BG story that why he doesn't like to remember his father. That might be the reason for his opinion about women in general

Nabni_blr31 thumbnail

So this is the actual story and that's why it's called 1001 nights. 

Binbir Gece was inspired from 1001 nights(Modern adaptation of 1001 nights). Now Katha is inspired from Binbir Gece. 

Sneha2002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nabni_blr31

I hv seen many Ekta's shows where ML or Villians  make such demands. 

But Katha makers will maintain some standards. Let's see how it goes.. 

Really which shows ?? Can you name some because I don't remember asking for ONS ... And how come ML comes to know of Katha's situation in the original?

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sneha2002

Really which shows ?? Can you name some because I don't remember asking for ONS ... And how come ML comes to know of Katha's situation in the original?

Just came across this scene with English subtitles where the ML comes to know the truth..Watch from 10.00 time stamp

https://youtu.be/0J4-0VVba-I

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

*Spoiler Alert*

So basically in the OG, ML asks the FL to spend a night with him..FL left with no option will agree to it. She gets the money and pays for the transplant. But this does not stop here..The ML  asks her to spend another night with him and that this time he would give double the amount..And this is when the FL would decide to quit the job. I'm not sure if they would show all of this in the Indian version. And I really hope they do modify the story a bit cos otherwise the ML literally seems irredeemable. So far the execution has been amazing though!

Nabni_blr31 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sneha2002

Actually there is a movie named "Indecent Proposal " in which the boss demands for ONS with his employee's wife. It's a classic Hollywood movie. 

In Kasauti Zindagi Ki 1, Mr Bajaj's character was introduced as a villain who put a condition to marry Prerna. But later his character became famous, and he became the ML of the show. I hvn't seen that show,my mom told me this.

I don't know about Katha, i think he will get to know about it later and fall in love with Katha then

Nabni_blr31 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pyaricetamol

*Spoiler Alert*

So basically in the OG, ML asks the FL to spend a night with him..FL left with no option will agree to it. She gets the money and pays for the transplant. But this does not stop here..The ML  asks her to spend another night with him and that this time he would give double the amount..And this is when the FL would decide to quit the job. I'm not sure if they would show all of this in the Indian version. And I really hope they do modify the story a bit cos otherwise the ML literally seems irredeemable. So far the execution has been amazing though!

Bold-Exactly.

Aiyo... makers hv to change the script. Otherwise i can't root for this ML. Chaa😆