Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I was bullied throughout my school life and nobody took a stand for me. Even my own parents didn't know how to deal with the situation. I did eventually move on, but it really affected my self esteem and confidence to the point that I still feel awkward in social situations and tend to avoid people. I like being alone most of the time.

I was bullied in my school and college. I was mentally strong enough to ignore the bullies. They neither deserve your attention nor worth spoiling your mental health. I became such dheet after going through lot of ragging and bullying from seniors in college. I was not even in a position to remove myself from that place as you neither can escape college nor seniors in hostels. Only thing I did was to not get it into my head, ignore and move on. 

Edited by Newbird - 1 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Bullies are sick , they need help . I ignore n when d bullies try to take advantage of ignoring d lols n try to cross d line , I keep them in their place n kick them out , I reject d negativity .

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Newbird

The main purpose of bullying generally would be to get a reaction from you. When you don't react to their bullying they don't see the purpose of doing it so they would end up stop doing it. If you react to their bullying you would end up entertaining their purpose so it's like you are feeding their purpose. 

This is such an outdated thought. Any crime origins from bullying. Bullying can easily escalate to physical abuse and sexual crimes in worst case.  Bullying has to be stopped at the beginning. Most bullies run away once you confront and question them. I have seen sexual harassment cases starting from bullying.

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

The fact that you associate knowledge and skill to just one job and things like job replacement is laugh-worthy. Knowledge is much more than that, skill is much more than that. If I'm a kabaddi player and I don't respect it enough to gain confidence from it, then it is really of no point. You put a lot of your energies in sketching a career for yourself, be it comedy, sport or business. If that doesn't make you feel empowered, then that is that individual's choice, Idc. 

P. s. Of course, if you die, you die. What kind of idealistic world are we living in where the dead are respected by keeping their posts empty. Things you read on IF πŸ˜†

Heck you die and even your loved ones move on to lead their own lives. 

You really life in an idealistic world. I wish I did. Unfortunately when you are responsible for others salary and careers then you learn to stand for yourself.

Your knowledge might get you an headstart in life. I have seen many students from best colleges working for companies founded by college and school dropouts.

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: colossial2015

Most toxic people at any work place, social event and in family have a support group. This group gives them power and support they need. You need to destroy this unity first. I used to run away from problems,now I deal with and now problems run away from me.

sometimes it’s easier said than done. Not all situations are same that can be fixed by the same solution. 

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

You really life in an idealistic world. I wish I did. Unfortunately when you are responsible for others salary and careers then you learn to stand for yourself.

Your knowledge might get you an headstart in life. I have seen many students from best colleges working for companies founded by college and school dropouts.

Thanks for proving my point. You have a very narrow view on things, very sector specific. You just implied that school dropouts don't possess knowledge or skills. Education in a top tier college isn't equivalent to knowledge. For your kind information, any knowledge, any skill, need not be obtained by roting books or graduating from premier institutes as seems to be your understanding. 

So much for being responsible for salaries of others, if you truly were, you learn to identify and utilise your own skilled workers. 

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

kya hua king kisine kuch kaha kya aapko

Originally posted by: rolopolo

kya hua king kisine kuch kaha kya aapko

kisi ki majaal hai kya 

πŸ˜†

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kingkhan22

kisi ki majaal hai kya 

πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†

wah yeh hui na baat 

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This is such an outdated thought. Any crime origins from bullying. Bullying can easily escalate to physical abuse and sexual crimes in worst case.  Bullying has to be stopped at the beginning. Most bullies run away once you confront and question them. I have seen sexual harassment cases starting from bullying.

You are making too many generalized blanket  statements which would not be applicable to all kinds of bullying and all contexts of bullying. Any crime/physical abuse/sexual harassment may start with bullying but it doesn't necessary that bullying may lead to all these. 

I clearly mentioned in my post "based on situation" like job.. Do you really think your colleague come and bully you on your face? They would be too cunning and coward to do that. They can only do it indirectly, you cannot confront such people. You can only ignore. I believe if you throw stone on filth you are the one who get smeared so I would totally ignore such people in work place. And I confront bullying if they do it on my face like if any family member bullies me I would let them know I would not tolerate the bullshit which works for me most of the time. 

And there are many other situations where you cannot confront like in Medical residency you get subjected to bullying from your own professor  or seniors for more than 2 years  where you cannot confront in the fear of them getting you failed, I see news of many medical residents committing suicide  these days during their medical residency  where one can neither confront their professor or seniors nor can leave the college. In such contexts you can only ignore. Medical residency is one hell of a toxic place where you face bullying, all kinds of torture ie, mentally and physically from your professor or senior. You cannot escape this as there is toxic work culture in medical residency for which only the government is responsible. You cannot go to court leaving your career to punish the college management for not punishing the professors or seniors. You can only be mentally strong and ignore.. 

There must be many contexts where you cannot confront, you can only ignore or remove yourself from such place if possible which is easiest thing to do. 

Edited by Newbird - 1 years ago