Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Did drug and JNU issue affect Deepika's image in real life?

Poll

Did drug controversy indeed affect Deepika's image?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Please tell honestly from own experiences on ground in real life (no haters or fan wars please or potlical fights).

Did this whole controversy on drugs, JNU and backlash against Gehraiyan affect Deepika Padukone's image in real life? 

Did it indeed dent her image? I know her ads suddenly went off air for some time after that issue and some brands even dropped her as ambassador. Her films have not exactly set BO on fire after that.

Did the media coverage and social media hate indeed dent her image in real life and negatively affect her career and perception? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Yes. And she got the most backlash among the Kwan ladies. Its going to be attached to her for life. She has to live with it.

Mac15 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yes, at least for me. I used to like her since I saw her first on Sa Re Ga Ma show for Om Shanti Om promotion. 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

Yes. And she got the most backlash among the Kwan ladies. Its going to be attached to her for life. She has to live with it.

What made her come to JNU?! That was just bizarre! Like wtfff was she there?! It never made any sense to me. There have been rumours of very unsavoury activities too & lot of people have their own theory about it. Drugs definitely did her in, no doubt, but it was sooo interesting to see how the media hunt just… Disappeared from DP very soon. Wonder what went down. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

What made her come to JNU?! That was just bizarre! Like wtfff was she there?! It never made any sense to me. There have been rumours of very unsavoury activities too & lot of people have their own theory about it. Drugs definitely did her in, no doubt, but it was sooo interesting to see how the media hunt just… Disappeared from DP very soon. Wonder what went down. 

JNU unlike how the Indian media portrayed it was a very valid protest of students regarding tuition, I believe. They did not want the University privatized. It just showed Deepika cares about issues other than fame. But her going there and facing the backlash made most of Bollywood shut up for the farmer's protest. That was just sad. It was an issue that involved 70% of the population. Most people involved were very disappointed by Bollywood's silence. 

There are people in Bollywood that probably do far more dangerous drugs than Deepika. Hash is actually beneficial in ways and legal in many other countries. I can guarantee you Ranbir has tried more dangerous drugs than that. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

JNU unlike the Indian media portrayed it was a very valid protest of students regarding tuition I believe. They did not want the University privatized. It just showed Deepika cares about issues other than fame. But her going there and facing the backlash made most of Bollywood shut up for the farmer's protest. That was just sad. It was an issue that involved 70% of the population. Most people involved were very disappointed by Bollywood's silence. 

There are people in Bollywood that probably due far more dangerous drugs then Deepika. Hash is actually beneficial in ways and legal in many other countries. I can guarantee you Ranbir has tried more dangerous drugs than that. 

Oh ALL OF THEM DO DRUGS. ALL. Am sure DP has done the more dangerous drugs too. 😆😆 And you can’t even compare her to RK or even her own husband. 😆😆 They’re leagues ahead of her.

Wonder where all these reports of them divorcing, are coming from…. Its pretty bizarre how the tides turned so fast. 

atominis thumbnail

Deepika was foolish to share stage with Kanhaiya Kumar when Chhapak had nothing to do with students or university politics like RDB.

I agree fate of Deepika made BW wary of speaking on farmer protest. BW spoke on CAA though.

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: atominis

Deepika was foolish to share stage with Kanhaiya Kumar when Chhapak had nothing to do with students or university politics like RDB.

I agree fate of Deepika made BW wary of speaking on farmer protest. BW spoke on CAA though.

Yup, I guess they all already knew what their fate would be if they spoke. Case in point, Diljit spoke in favor of the farmers. Gave Kangana a great reply for insinuating that mothers and grandmothers protesting could be bought for 100 rupees. (It was hilarious). BJP slapped a nice FIR against him regarding tax fraud. After that, he never spoke. Or if he had to make a post, he would put it in his Instagram story, along with a lot of other posts. 

I suppose BJP knew they couldn’t file a drug case against him. He doesn’t even drink from what I heard from credible sources. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Oh ALL OF THEM DO DRUGS. ALL. Am sure DP has done the more dangerous drugs too. 😆😆 And you can’t even compare her to RK or even her own husband. 😆😆 They’re leagues ahead of her.

Wonder where all these reports of them divorcing, are coming from…. Its pretty bizarre how the tides turned so fast. 

It's the PR of others seeking an opportunity. Deepika's USP is that she's a) pretty b) in a happy relationship (allegedly) so they're trying to attack her relationship. I doubt DeepVeer have any actual problems in their marriage, but Deepika seems to be going through some health issues. I honestly am wondering if she's going to be taking a hiatus post-2023 because she's overexposed. 

Sonam, Anushka...etc are getting love here because they LEFT BW. Taking a break from the spotlight will help her image immensely. She's got more clout than the other 2 so she can come back. Also Alia/Karan's blunders will make people support Deepika. 

However for some reason Deepika doesn't want to do so. It may also have to do with her considering children - although I don't like speculating about having children/pregnancy. 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Cartier and LV have opened so many doors for her. Metgala(LV),Venice film festival(Cartier) Cannes (Lifelong as Past Jury member)...Many fashion shows, big events..Magazine covers-if she can be face of Cartier..why not for their covers..and they don't even have to pay her!

Here next films will also see her at her hottest.She has decided to use her physicality to max appeal.It will be a very busy year for her and expect more surprises..And those worrying about her health..Love it😆