Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Physics_girl

Manushi ne purra book ko roll kar di thi toh MH ko sidha karne ki kast karni pari🤭.

Uff I can't stop using MA's analogy pata nahi kyun 🤣🤣🤣

Manushi is an illusion who needs to now disappear from the #MeetAurMeet trilogy books completely. 

Edited by Me000w - 2 years ago
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jugnu21

I think its not Manushi but Babita who filled Meet A’s head about the notion of outer beauty… he hot that from his mother but how to value someone’s inner beauty that he got from his father … and that’s why Meet H could bring that side out of him… otherwise kuch shows me people are unable to move on from their first love and illusion of what is perceived beautiful (cough Bhagya Lakshmi and Udaariyaan cough) 

Home, school, society everyone he met with and interacted with was of a certain class and calibre, beyond which he was fairly protected, even if he used his dad's old car. If he never explored the other side of the coin before meeting with Meet H or the marriage proposal in a middle-class fam, would he really be able to recognise what beauty means independant to setting? Basically everything that contributes to even us having preconceived notions about stuff like this till we had access to internet and could see more than what is in our current lives. But like you said, his father comes from a humble background, so he did have some idea/sense to be open to change and later realised how different forms of beauty can exist. He learned and moved on, you appreciated and stayed. Fittus! 😊

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: tamanna1391

so true ,yes he did get what he deserve in form of meetH 

Quoting Two Pieces for Meet A x Meet H:

There's a boy, lost his way, looking for someone to play (with him)

There's a girl in the window tears rolling down her face

We're only lost children, trying to find a friend

Trying to find our way back home

We don't know where to go, so I'll just get lost with you

We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together right, we fit together right

These dark clouds over me, rain down and roll away

We'll never fall apart, 'cause we fit together like

Two pieces of a broken heart

They fit together perfectly! 👍🏼🤗

Anjureads thumbnail

I felt he may have been stuck with stereotypes with how girls walk or behave. This is from the description he gave to his Mom about Meety. I dont remember him ever commenting about her beauty. Maybe I have missed that part if he did. 

I just remember he wanted a perfect wife for himself and had a preconceived notion which Meety did not fit, not because she is not beautiful but just because it didnt match his idea. Thats why I felt that he was living in an ideal world where everything is perfect ( as per his ideas ) from outside and inside. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jugnu21

I fished it out for you to make it pink …🤣

Fishing Birthday Party Thank You Card, Fishing Thank You, O-Fish-Ally 1,Fishing Themed Thanks, First Birthday Thank You, C135 by Swanky Party Box Inc | Catch My Party

Thanks for fishing it out! I got a reason to hang out and have an insightful discussion here ❤️

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjureads

I felt he may have been stuck with stereotypes with how girls walk or behave. This is from the description he gave to his Mom about Meety. I dont remember him ever commenting about her beauty. Maybe I have missed that part if he did. 

I do recall him dragging her about it when he was absolutely out of his mind post the marriage and his mom's reputation was on the line for not having a beautiful bahurani (the whole Babita jogan dance track). He may not have made any specific comments with the intention to knowingly insult her and was releasing his frustrations, but with whatever he spoke in his anger, he did end up hurting her self respect. How girls walk and behave also attributes to beauty and etiquette dearie. The point stands: The boy is okay, but the circumstances he was put into made him act extreme coz he was majorly infatuated with Meet H's Diddi and then had a misconception about Meet H for sometime 😆

I just remember he wanted a perfect wife for himself and had a preconceived notion which Meety did not fit, not because she is not beautiful but just because it didnt match his idea. Thats why I felt that he was living in an ideal world where everything is perfect ( as per his ideas ) from outside and inside. 

Fair enough. He had something in his mind for his significant other and Bhaggu gave it to him with a lesson to never base perceptions on first impressions. Moreover he fell for Manushi's voice and how she seemed to be, not how she was in actuality, so it had to fade away, while the person whose voice and personality was being mirrored was brought to light and shone in her grace. Meet A stepped out of the idealistic world he lived in where everyone was made of glass, Meet H stepped out of the world where everyone was made of iron, and they redefined their perceptions and adjusted to their new atmosphere, then realised they liked it better too.

Nice speaking with you! Thanks for the insightful discussion in here. Take care, god bless 🤗

Anjureads thumbnail

I dont say that short hair is not made a big deal of. I agree that in villages or small towns, it is a big deal depending on cultural settings. But I feel more than hair length, skin colour, body shape and features are given much more importance and are made a bigger deal of. And this I say based on some friends experiences. 

So here, in the show I felt they have used the hair length aspect, which in real life is maybe at number 3 on this list of big deal. Top I feel is skin colour. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjureads

I dont say that short hair is not made a big deal of. I agree that in villages or small towns, it is a big deal depending on cultural settings. But I feel more than hair length, skin colour, body shape and features are given much more importance and are made a bigger deal of. And this I say based on some friends experiences. So here, in the show I felt they have used the hair length aspect, which in real life is maybe at number 3 on this list of big deal. Top I feel is skin colour. 

Fair enough. I was only asking for clarification and you gave me a fair one. You spoke from what you gained from your friend's experiences, I spoke from my personal experiences, living in a metropolitan, educated urban city. Both are together correct conclusions. I merely wished to offer a varied perspective since I felt like it depends on a factor. Maybe they did place too much of attention on this trait in the show. What we do agree on is that all of these physical attributes whether skin colour, body shape, hair length and dressing style are more heavily criticised in women, while it is unfair to base the judgement of a person only on how they look rather than how they actually are. Whether it is Meet H or Parineeti Chopra, noone should be shamed for their outer appearance 👍🏼

dhun.laagi thumbnail

I think I've seen some of you folks on the Kaatelal and Sons forums maybe smiley9

Nice to meet all of you! Hasta La Vista, Kaju Badam Pista for now! 

Take care, stay blessed!smiley31

Anjureads thumbnail

Originally posted by: Me000w

I think I've seen some of you folks on the Kaatelal and Sons forums maybe smiley9

Nice to meet all of you! Hasta La Vista, Kaju Badam Pista for now! 

Take care, stay blessed!smiley31

Nice to meet you and hear your views and participate in this discussion. Take care and keep visiting!