Shah Rukh’s latest telly show gets mixed

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

News & Views

When Shah Rukh Khan does something, he does it big. And even if it isn't, people expect it to be. Sidharth Basu of Synergy Communications has already set benchmarks with Kaun Banega Crorepati? that are difficult to match. And then the extensive ad campaign for his new show Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? raised curiosity levels even higher.

Though it is not fair to write off a show after only a couple of episodes, it can't be denied that it couldn't match up to the hype and audience's expectations. Touted as the biggest television show of the decade, Paanchvi Pass is a quiz contest for adults. Questions are sourced from syllabuses of classes 1 through 5. The questions are simpler when compared to the those on KBC, but they certainly aren't child's play.

Since the audiences have seen Shah Rukh hosting a Sidharth Basu show, comparisons to KBC are inevitable. Paanchvi Pass is again in a question-answer format like KBC but that is the only thing common between the two shows. Paanchvi Pass is much more entertaining and has a relaxed feel to it. The presence of children on the sets also makes the show more lively and fun to watch. "It was interesting to see a Ph.d degree holder fumble while answering Class 2 questions. Shah Rukh was at his usual best. And I found it more entertaining and better than KBC, although both the shows are very different and shouldn't be compared," says Syed Hussain, a sports journalist.

Mothers who teach their children could relate to the show better than other people. School and college going students found the show boring, as the questions were easier for them. "I liked the show as it was exciting to see if I remember what all I had studied when I was in primary school. But my son studying in Class 11 didn't find it as interesting," says Manjula Patkar, a homemaker.

So will the show be a hit with audiences? Yes it might, for two reasons. One is the huge prize money –– Rs 5 crore is a hefty sum.The other is the obvious charm and aura of the host. Shah Rukh has his own style and charisma on the show.

http://deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#Bachc han%20Bahu%20steps

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cutegirln thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
tfs the article. PPl love this show and I think SRK is doing great jos as a host 😃
deek thumbnail
I agree i love this show!!!
ahada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i love this show very much especially because he is the best.
gauri92 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
im a skul student...just going 2 college rite nw nd i luv this show!!! its amazing!!!
colling thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
love srk!n love this show! 😛