#MaAn FF : Holi Hangovers ,Part 2 Updated Page 3

ga1986 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

So guys , this is my first FF attempt ... I am writing after an extremely long break of almost a few years , so please excuse the somewhat patchy writing . I will write this one out in 3-4 parts , first ones will be a bit emotion heavy but I guess it is needed to head the story where I think it should actually be headed .

Please leave a comment and feedback , it will really mean a lot and encourage me to write more :)

*************************************************************************************************************************

Anu headed back once more to Shah house after leaving Anuj outside in the cab with Samar . A tense silence hung over the house .Ignoring everyone’s piercing glances she went over to Babuji and took leave from him . Babuji hugged her and told her to take care of herself and Anuj . She then went to Kinjal , who was looking visibly worn out and asked her to go and take rest . After giving Pakhi a pat on the forehead and shooting a grateful glance towards Dolly , Anu headed out of the door resolutely towards the cab waiting outside .

“Chaliye Bhaiya “ , Anu instructed the driver , taking her seat in the back of the cab with Anuj , while Samar sat in the front . Her eyes rested on Anuj who had by now dozed off in a peaceful sleep , a kind of serene smile across his face and his right hand resting on his chest , close to his heart . The sight somehow broke her heart into a million pieces , and she interlaced his left hand tightly with her own , looking out of the window to calm herself as the cool breeze hit her face and calmed her senses .

The evening was turning into night and Anu noticed the Holi full moon , radiating its beauty and powerful aura. She remembered a similar full moon night , almost a month ago on Valentine’s Day , when she had finally confessed her feelings to Anuj . It had been a magical night , and sitting on the bench on the terrace , the 2 of them had basked in the glory of their new found love . The past month had been a whirlwind of emotions - happiness , relief , a sense of belonging , longing and love ...

The driver and Samar made small talk on the way but Anu’s mind wasn’t listening . All she wanted to do was reach home safely , she shuddered to think of the heart stopping moment when Anuj’s foot had slipped and he had slumped to the ground , eyes closed .

“ Mummy , hum pahunch gaye “ Samar broke her reverie and she breathed a sigh of relief .

“ Anuj uthiye , ghar aa gaya hai “ But she got no response except a small snore and a slight stir . Allowing herself a little chuckle, she wished the luggage trolley from their Mumbai trip would appear magically . With the help of Samar and the driver , they managed to get Anuj inside the house and onto the sofa . Samar took off his shoes and the way her son expertly handled Anuj made Anu wonder if samar had had few drunken escapades of his own with friends .

“ Mummy main jaon ? “ Samar asked hesitatingly, looking concerned .

Anu pursed her lips momentarily not knowing what to do . She imagined the look of horror on Baa’s face if she would realise that Anu had spent the night at Anuj’s place alone . Then she shook her head and told Samar to go on . Other than Gk kaka (who was out of town) and herself, she didn’t trust anyone to see Anuj in the vulnerable state he was sure to be in once he woke up .

Once Anu closed the door after Samar’s exit she glanced at the sleeping form on the Sofa . Covering him up with a blanket , she momentarily stroked Anuj’s cheek tenderly , which still had strains of the gorgeous pink colour she had applied in the morning . A tiny tear escaped her and landed on her hand , diluting the strains of gulaal on her wrist and reminding her that she needed to take a bath and change her clothes .

In the privacy of the washroom as the warm water washed over her , she finally allowed her pent up emotions to flow through . It had been an overwhelming day to say the least . The dressing up and Intezzar, sabotaging Mr Shahs evil intentions , the running around trying to escape being coloured by everyone else and finally the most glorious moment of all - being coloured by each other in the “gulaal of their pyaar “... Just recollecting the moment made her shiver with longing and desire ..

Then , of course , something unimaginable- the man of her dreams intoxicated and baring his heart out in front of the world . It wasn’t the wedding announcement which troubled her , everyone had to find out anyway ( though she had anticipated a less dramatic announcement than climbing atop a water tanker , she thought wryly ) ... What broke her were those unguarded words , which would have remained unspoken if not for the Bhang he had mistakenly consumed - his shiddat of 26 years , his world starting and ending with the letter A and the desire to get married in the presence of only a handful of people ...

Anu tried to shut down her rambling thoughts as she quickly tied her saree and combed her hair . She prepared to go into the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea as her head was starting to throb . Just then , she heard a low moan from the direction of the sofa , Anuj calling out her name . She was by his side in a jiffy , holding his hand to assure him of her presence , but it was just a mumbling in his sleep .

Taking her place on the floor beside the sofa , nestling his hand in hers , she rested her throbbing head and closed her weary eyes .

***********************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading . Anuj's update coming up next ....Hopefully would be able to come out with it soon :)

Feel free to tag others 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kras1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

it's amazing shot dear

i m happy kam se kam yaha anu and anuj ko in sabke baad alone time milega

kaash show mein bhi kuch aisa hota

anyways you portrayed anu's emotions very beautifully

some tags

ga1986 thumbnail

Adding few more tags 

Edited by ga1986 - 2 years ago
shriz thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Loved it..you should have started writing earlier only,kaha thi tu itne din😆 

Anyway do update soon :)

10Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Kras1

it's amazing shot dear

some tags

wooowwwww🤩🤩🤩

ga1986 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kras1

it's amazing shot dear

some tags

Thanks Reetika, Ab show se umeed chod de hai... aise hi apne Armaan poore karne padenge 😊

Thanks for help with the tags ... 😊

snehaz16 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

This is so so so good....

Every word is expressing her inner turmoil.... her love for Anuj.. so beautifully written..

Eagerly waiting for next update

Koms9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

beautiful update. I don't think u r out of practice 😊 I loved the flow of the story.  Waiting for next part

Fighter03 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Beautifully written ❤️

Its not at all patchy, in fact its very articulate and in line with the story. I know this wont happen in the show but I can totally imagine that it could.

Eager to read more 🥰🥰

SmithaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

This is so beautiful! ❤️Thank you for posting, looking forward to the next part