Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

I haven’t seen the film and don’t plan to (I’m not seeing anything in theaters right now). 83 may in fact be a flop/disaster film but I hate hate hate the condescension of BOI for anything and everything they consider unworthy. They could make the case that the budget was wrong and it was a bad business move but on what grounds do they get to decide for all of India what are “good” films and what are “bad” films. The only way you can possibly claim to be able to make that decision is if you only view film making as a business - strictly commerce-  and that is just sad. That will lead to Stupid Franchise Part 57 followed by knockoff of Stupid Franchise and remake of Foreign Stupid Franchise with an item number , essentially formulaic rubbish conscientiously crafted to sell tickets to people who are looking for 3 hours of entertainment and absolutely nothing else. Don’t get me wrong, there is a place for that and I have enjoyed movies like that and no doubt will again. But a film can still be good (and frankly I would argue could be MUCH better) and not sell a lot of tickets. Some of my favorite movies were flops on release. Many a now famous artist died unknown and poor. Sometimes it takes a while for an audience to find great art - that doesn’t mean it was rubbish until the right people liked it. And if no one had still ever heard of Van Gogh would that mean he sucked? The editorials for BOI drive me crazy. The only nice thing I can say is it seems like they have stopped using Mohenjodaro as the nadir of disasters - as a HR fan, gee thanks for that BOI.

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Maybe the audience prefers Ranveer in chichora/OTT characters like bhansali movies and simbaa only . 😆

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Whoever has watched the movie around me, has RAVED about it. Few of my uncles opened FB accounts just to share their experience. 😳

I fail to understand the low collection of the movie as well, as many of my friends and family are waiting to have the movie in their nearest single/multiplex so that they can watch it there. Me included, since it’s not in every cineplex in Canada. 

Minimini59 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I don't know about the box office but I saw the movie here in the US and was blown away by how wonderful this movie experience was. It was a magical experience. It fills you with patriotic pride.

Supari_khala thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Whoever has watched the movie around me, has RAVED about it. Few of my uncles opened FB accounts just to share their experience. 😳

I fail to understand the low collection of the movie as well, as many of my friends and family are waiting to have the movie in their nearest single/multiplex so that they can watch it there. Me included, since it’s not in every cineplex in Canada. 

This movie is made only for uncles. They were young in 1983 and only they can relate to it. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

M in India and its doing great at my place..WOM is also good

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Theatres are shutting down in delhi...so collections are going to go more down.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Moodyblue

Theatres are shutting down in delhi...so collections are going to go more down.

Anyway their Delhi collections were weak so won't have much impact.

Guinea thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Anyway their Delhi collections were weak so won't have much impact.

unfortunately it will make an impact . Delhi is usually followed by NCR ie Gurgaon and Noida and they were doing a good business