was akshay parallel hero or supporting hero in Mohra? - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by AwaamKiJaan

In that case Naseeruddin Shah gets the top billing in the credits then he should be the main hero. He can't be the villain. 

Akshay and Suniel actually played the villains/antagonists if we use opening credits logic. 

Opening credit defines if your playing in a supporting role, if akshay was supporting actor his name would of come last, it would of been suniel shetty, raveena name then akshay kumar, thats the point i was making. I didn't deny shetty stole the show my arguement was certain star fans claiming he played supporting role which is false, it was a parrallel hero film both actors had equal screen time, equal action scenes, akshay had all the major songs with lead heroine.

Originally posted by harun98

Opening credit defines if your playing in a supporting role, if akshay was supporting actor his name would of come last, it would of been suniel shetty, raveena name then akshay kumar, thats the point i was making. I didn't deny shetty stole the show my arguement was certain star fans claiming he played supporting role which is false, it was a parrallel hero film both actors had equal screen time, equal action scenes, akshay had all the major songs with lead heroine.

Who stole the show is a personal opinion I'll say. In my opinion Naseer stole the show by giving the best performance among the cast while Suniel Shetty had the best role in the film.

Opening credits shouldn't be taken too seriously as a number of factors go into that. Usually it's based on stardom and seniority of the actor and not the length of the role. 

Also most of the time the biggest star in the film has the best role in Bollywood. Akshay got credited before Suniel because he was the bigger star. He always was and still is. 

Who stole the show is a personal opinion I'll say. In my opinion Naseer stole the show by giving the best performance among the cast while Suniel Shetty had the best role in the film.

Opening credits shouldn't be taken too seriously as a number of factors go into that. Usually it's based on stardom and seniority of the actor and not the length of the role. 

Also most of the time the biggest star in the film has the best role in Bollywood. Akshay got credited before Suniel because he was the bigger star. He always was and still is. 

You didn't get the point and don't know how opening credit works, doesn't matter who is the senior actor or bigger star, if akshay was playing in a supportings actor role as people try to claim or make jokes about his name would of come last after both the main hero or heroine no matter how senior he is, main hero's name always appears first. if both are playing the main heroes then stardom or seniority comes into play, naseer udin shah name appears last because he's the villain of the movie. My other  point is just because suniel stole the show doesn't mean akshay was in a supporting actors role just that suniel had meatier role.

Yes agree naseer udin was the best amongst all the actors no doubt about that.

Originally posted by harun98

You didn't get the point and don't know how opening credit works, doesn't matter who is the senior actor or bigger star, if akshay was playing in a supportings actor role as people try to claim or make jokes about his name would of come last after both the main hero or heroine no matter how senior he is, main hero's name always appears first. if both are playing the main heroes then stardom or seniority comes into play, naseer udin shah name appears last because he's the villain of the movie. My other  point is just because suniel stole the show doesn't mean akshay was in a supporting actors role just that suniel had meatier role.

Yes agree naseer udin was the best amongst all the actors no doubt about that.

Dude Naseeruddin Shah's name comes first in the credits before any other actor. Even before Akshay. Not at the last. You can go back and check it. 

So your what point is moot!

Dude Naseeruddin Shah's name comes first in the credits before any other actor. Even before Akshay. Not at the last. You can go back and check it. 

So your what point is moot!

Thats ok as naseer was senior but supporting actors name always comes last thats my point. as i said credit of success include various factors, music played the biggest roles.

Is Arjun the main hero of Mahabharata or Karna? 

Hero - someone flawed become better in the end , accepts shortcomings and learn from mistakes.

Anti-hero is not hero. 

Mohra the villain - naseer 

the anti- hero - suneil 

The Hero - Akshay

Mahabharata the villain - duryodhana 

the anti- hero - Karna 

The Hero - Arjun 

Anti-heroes are very popular due their complexity. I can accept that but not when they are being the considered the hero when they are not. 

Suneil can be considered the parallel hero as he did accept his wrongdoing and starts to change but not Karna. He never tried to correct his wrong.

Akshay had more songs than Sunil and is paired opposite the heroine. But Sunil was so good and his back story was so much the highlight of that film that Akshay almost looks like supporting actor or parallel lead now.

Nowadays Mohra is shown on TV without songs. I realised how entirely overshadowed Akshay is when that film is shown without songs. The film then is more about Sunil's quest for vigilante justice.  

Their action scenes were a treat though. I guess both are trained in martial arts and are well built, fit actors.

To be honest if you subtract songs then Mohra belongs to Sunil Shetty whose emotional back story and vigilante justice, killing villains one by one and killing himself in the end like a martyr makes him the highlight and fulcrum of the film, while Akshay just seems to be catching up. 

Originally posted by atominis

Akshay had more songs than Sunil and is paired opposite the heroine. But Sunil was so good and his back story was so much the highlight of that film that Akshay almost looks like supporting actor or parallel lead now.

Nowadays Mohra is shown on TV without songs. I realised how entirely overshadowed Akshay is when that film is shown without songs. The film then is more about Sunil's quest for vigilante justice.  

Their action scenes were a treat though. I guess both are trained in martial arts and are well built, fit actors.

To be honest if you subtract songs then Mohra belongs to Sunil Shetty whose emotional back story and vigilante justice, killing villains one by one and killing himself in the end like a martyr makes him the highlight and fulcrum of the film, while Akshay just seems to be catching up. 

Agree with you totally.

The real ' Mohra' was infact sunil who was used by Naseer, although even Akshay too became a Mohra due to corrupt system. 

I wonder what made Akshay accept the role of inspector instead of sunil's! It's clear that sunil's character had more depth, an emotional backstory and parallel screentime. Maybe in those days a hero is the one who always gets the girl, and Akshay's character gets the girl in both dhadkan and Mohra whereas sunil had more defined, flawed and relatable character. 

I guess if the same roles are offered today will today's leading men will go for the righteous character who gets the girl or the flawed, deep and meatier character who is more defined ðŸ˜†

I am surprised Akshay did not learn the lesson even after seeing how Sanjay Dutt, SRK totally overshadowed the so called good guy in Naam, Khalnayak and Darr. Or how Amitabh's grey character overshadowed the good brother in Deewar. And how Sunil Dutt's angry and bitter character overshadowed the good brother played by Rajendra Kumar in Mother India. 

Anyday complex and grey characters with an emotional backstory strike more chord with audience compared to unidimensional goody two shoes characters. 

Sunil's character would defeat all plans of Akshay's character even before he reached the scene in that film. He would kill all villains and it is he who first learnt truth of Naseer and truth of who killed Akshay's father. 

Akshay has nothing but songs and scenes with Paresh and Raveena. Not even burning flame of revenge in him to avenge his father's death. I am surprised why he always chose goody two shoes characters knowing audience will prefer the other guy over him. 

It is no surprise Sunil is remembered more than Akshay for Dhadkan. 

Earlier most heroes thought one who gets the girl or is on right side of the law is a hero.

Only when they got repeatedly overshadowed by villains and grey characters and saw the cult status of grey characters online and on TV they realised that playing goody two shoes stickler for rules hero who gets the girl is not the only good deal.

Akshay is  a weak hero in it given how he suspects Raveena when he sees her with Sunil and slaps her. Sunil fights with him and calls out his immaturity. Akshay character has not even emotional faith and maturity in Mohra. Unlike Sunil who is shown mature from day one. 

Edited by atominis - 2 years ago

Now that you say it akshay has only songs, some fight and chase scene, comic moments in the film and sunil's character takes the cake. 

Interesting  you point out how audience have always liked grey characters like Deewar and zanjeer still leading heroes keep choosing the goody two shoes sides. Even Jay overshadows veeru in sholay. 

I would like to see such dynamic in today's time as to who likes to play a leading hero who gets the girl or who would love to take a more deep character.