Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maanmeet1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

i have to read this but need alone time for that.......will do soon coz i love your analysis 

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Your posts always have so much for sharing! Ahh. I shall come back to this! 

vivpri thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yes, definitely feeling too much forced 😟 only physical attraction is not good 😐 

funny_fubar thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kjofan

I feel here also makers doing the same. 

Are they following the original by all means pr any differences? 

I wanna know the stry, but too lazy to sit and watch. 

Also i dont knw the language and theres no subtitles. I saw it reached many episodes. 

If it was some 100 below still i cud have watched.. Lol 

I can provide my two cents as I have seen the OG Tamil version, particularly up until the point the KM (Kathir, ie, Shiva and Mullai, ie, Raavi’s) sort out their MUs. But please note, I tend to ramble and I am by no means great in analyzing like the many writers in this forum 🙈

Short answer: No they are not following the original exactly, just picking some plot lines and adapting to the current scenario and tastes of the Hindi audience.

Long answer( I love writing this as I have been constantly comparing and contrasting):

Shiva/Raavi and Kathir/Mullai are completely different- both in terms of character traits and in terms of emotional states at the time of marrying.

Shiva is literally a storm. He is a ball of chaos on the outside- shouting, being aggressive, playing pranks, taunting. He is flamboyant and confident. But at the center of the storm is an emotional core which he guards furiously by pushing away anyone who tries to peek in, particularly if they are not family.

Kathir is like an ocean. He is calm and collected, and generally tends to have a calming effect on those around him. He does’nt really push anyone away, but yes no one knows how deep the ocean goes. One needs to stop and dive deep to understand what is going underneath the surface.

Mullai and Raavi are mostly similar, but Raavi is definitely more childish and a tad bit weepier than Mullai. Other than that, I would say they are similar. Of course, Raavi has more layers because she is an orphan and her world view is definitely affected by that. Mullai on the other hand is from a stable home having both her biological mom and dad. Hence she is a bit more mature than Raavi. Also, I think that factors in on Mullai not attempting suicide on being jilted. Kathir did not have to constantly keep an eye out on her, the way Shiva does.

Coming to the emotional state at the time of marrying:

Shiva and Raavi are frenemies that grew up together. They share a comfortable physical space and are practically in each other’s faces most of the time. They have a crackling chemistry and an undeniable comfort level, where, while they hide behind the facade of enemity, they can be on “friendly” talking terms, touching each other and bantering like old buddies. 

Kathir and Mullai, for all intents and purposes, were strangers. Yes, they grew up together, but somewhat like you would with distant cousins you really don’t want to spend time with, but are forced to do so because of family pressure. The KM journey literally had to start from scratch because they had 0 physical or emotional attachment.

In the beginning scenes just after marriage, you can literally feel Mullai’s distrust and disgust, as well as Kathir’s reticence. Kathir does not hate Mullai the way Shiva does Raavi, he would much rather keep a 10 foot distance and behave like roommates. They had nothing bonding them, and the families efforts to push them together further pulled them apart.

Kathir Mullai had to literally forge a bond between themselves, first emotional and then physical. In the first 200 or so episodes, attraction was not even a factor 😂 Even when Mullai falls sick in different occasions, Kathir mostly takes care of her from afar, his actions displaying his concern. 

I still remember after maybe 100-150 episodes(or more), Kathir actually touches Mullai’s hand for the first time(not even romantically, just to stabilize her from a fall or something. And mind you he only caught her wrist) and it was so dramatized with a bgm score and all. I was rofl 🤣 

but because you start from a clean slate, very simple gestures from Kathir for Mullai, serve as gut punch. They don’t have any overly romantic scene during this time, they sleep separately and hardly have any physical contact, but they still make your insides go all mushy. In fact, after they kind of fall for each other, there is this one incident where Kathir remembers Mullai can dance from a childhood incident where she brings a trophy to their home. The entire family is shocked, and your jaw drops along with Mullai’s, to think that he remembers this, simply because it is so out of character for him. The memory is like pearl deep in the belly of the ocean which you have stumbled upon.

But Shiva and Raavi are a completely different story- they do have an emotional bond, maybe a negative one, but there is a bond. As a viewer, you do expect Shiva to remember not just one but many memories tied to Raavi, and you expect the memories to affect how he views Raavi as a wife. Also, Raavi does bring up the whole Kirane ka dukaan bit, but she is clearly not repulsed by Shiva. In fact, there is some attraction in the mix. There are some trust issues, but Raavi does have some trust and expectations in Shiva in the first few days of their marriage,  which was distinctly absent in the earlier days of KM’s marriage.

All in all, ShiVi and KM have completely different story arcs,  though have similar issues and themes. ShiVi have palpable chemistry and I think CVs are definitely cashing in on it by giving us these somewhat romantic scenes with a whole lot of awkwardness for ShiVi. But the meaningful conversations started much later for KM, and that might be true for ShiVi too. And boy, when the journey starts, it sucks you in. I hope ShiVi’s journey does justice to the original in that sense. They are making us combust now, I hope they can get to make our insides mushy too. Because when Kathir fell in love, no one could hold a candle up to him. 

Ok rambling over. Sorry for the long post!

Kjofan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: funny_fubar

I can provide my two cents as I have seen the OG Tamil version, particularly up until the point the KM (Kathir, ie, Shiva and Mullai, ie, Raavi’s) sort out their MUs. But please note, I tend to ramble and I am by no means great in analyzing like the many writers in this forum 🙈

Short answer: No they are not following the original exactly, just picking some plot lines and adapting to the current scenario and tastes of the Hindi audience.

Long answer( I love writing this as I have been constantly comparing and contrasting):

Shiva/Raavi and Kathir/Mullai are completely different- both in terms of character traits and in terms of emotional states at the time of marrying.

Shiva is literally a storm. He is a ball of chaos on the outside- shouting, being aggressive, playing pranks, taunting. He is flamboyant and confident. But at the center of the storm is an emotional core which he guards furiously by pushing away anyone who tries to peek in, particularly if they are not family.

Kathir is like an ocean. He is calm and collected, and generally tends to have a calming effect on those around him. He does’nt really push anyone away, but yes no one knows how deep the ocean goes. One needs to stop and dive deep to understand what is going underneath the surface.

Mullai and Raavi are mostly similar, but Raavi is definitely more childish and a tad bit weepier than Mullai. Other than that, I would say they are similar. Of course, Raavi has more layers because she is an orphan and her world view is definitely affected by that. Mullai on the other hand is from a stable home having both her biological mom and dad. Hence she is a bit more mature than Raavi. Also, I think that factors in on Mullai not attempting suicide on being jilted. Kathir did not have to constantly keep an eye out on her, the way Shiva does.

Shiva and Raavi are frenemies that grew up together. They share a comfortable physical space and are practically in each other’s faces most of the time. They have a crackling chemistry and an undeniable comfort level, where, while they hide behind the facade of enemity, they can be on “friendly” talking terms, touching each other and bantering like old buddies. 

Kathir and Mullai, for all intents and purposes, were strangers. Yes, they grew up together, but somewhat like you would with distant cousins you really don’t want to spend time with, but are forced to do so because of family pressure. The KM journey literally had to start from scratch because they had 0 physical or emotional attachment.

In the beginning scenes just after marriage, you can literally feel Mullai’s distrust and disgust, as well as Kathir’s reticence. Kathir does not hate Mullai the way Shiva does Raavi, he would much rather keep a 10 foot distance and behave like roommates. They had nothing bonding them, and the families efforts to push them together further pulled them apart.

Kathir Mullai had to literally forge a bond between themselves, first emotional and then physical. In the first 200 or so episodes, attraction was not even a factor 😂 Even when Mullai falls sick in different occasions, Kathir mostly takes care of her from afar, his actions displaying his concern. 

I still remember after maybe 100-150 episodes(or more), Kathir actually touches Mullai’s hand for the first time(not even romantically, just to stabilize her from a fall or something. And mind you he only caught her wrist) and it was so dramatized with a bgm score and all. I was rofl 🤣 

but because you start from a clean slate, very simple gestures from Kathir for Mullai, serve as gut punch. They don’t have any overly romantic scene during this time, they sleep separately and hardly have any physical contact, but they still make your insides go all mushy. In fact, after they kind of fall for each other, there is this one incident where Kathir remembers Mullai can dance from a childhood incident where she brings a trophy to their home. The entire family is shocked, and your jaw drops along with Mullai’s, to think that he remembers this, simply because it is so out of character for him. The memory is like pearl deep in the belly of the ocean which you have stumbled upon.

But Shiva and Raavi are a completely different story- they do have an emotional bond, maybe a negative one, but there is a bond. As a viewer, you do expect Shiva to remember not just one but many memories tied to Raavi, and you expect the memories to affect how he views Raavi as a wife. Also, Raavi does bring up the whole Kirane ka dukaan bit, but she is clearly not repulsed by Shiva. In fact, there is some attraction in the mix. There are some trust issues, but Raavi does have some trust and expectations in Shiva in the first few days of their marriage,  which was distinctly absent in the earlier days of KM’s marriage.

All in all, ShiVi and KM have completely different story arcs,  though have similar issues and themes. ShiVi have palpable chemistry and I think CVs are definitely cashing in on it by giving us these somewhat romantic scenes with a whole lot of awkwardness for ShiVi. But the meaningful conversations started much later for KM, and that might be true for ShiVi too. And boy, when the journey starts, it sucks you in. I hope ShiVi’s journey does justice to the original in that sense. They are making us combust now, I hope they can get to make our insides mushy too. Because when Kathir fell in love, no one could hold a candle up to him. 

Wow!! 

Thank you so much for a detailed explanation. 

From what i read i think the tamil couple and our Shivi are poles apart. 

I even read somewhere here tht tamil couples were social distancing couples. 

But when i read ur post i feel since they were social distancing type couples, their touches and closeness wud have been really special for their fans na?! 

In a way happy their nt following it fully, so it wont be interesting fr people who watched original. Also their culture is different na. 

So among all remakes only our hindi one is different? 

Other languages all r same as tamil? 

Have u watched any other versions. Just asking out of curiosity, cos even i love to compare and contrast different languages. 

Daffodowndilly thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ikr. Even I had the same thoughts lately. You've put it together so perfectly. The chemistry during the pre-marriages sequence is totally missing, so is the intensity between the two. The CVs seem clueless about their future plans on Shivi. The scenes that we're getting these days also seem quite forced and to cater a certain section of the audience with a regular Shivi dose instead of a meaningful ones. And yes, I agree with you about the timeline part as well. It's super slow. By the time they decide to address the MUs and other already-built issues in the family ( if the writers care to take these up at all in future) it'll be way too late to make any sense for the audience. 

funny_fubar thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kjofan

Wow!! 

Thank you so much for a detailed explanation. 

From what i read i think the tamil couple and our Shivi are poles apart. 

I even read somewhere here tht tamil couples were social distancing couples. 

But when i read ur post i feel since they were social distancing type couples, their touches and closeness wud have been really special for their fans na?! 

In a way happy their nt following it fully, so it wont be interesting fr people who watched original. Also their culture is different na. 

So among all remakes only our hindi one is different? 

Other languages all r same as tamil? 

Have u watched any other versions. Just asking out of curiosity, cos even i love to compare and contrast different languages. 

No have not seen any other version. Seeing both these version has already sucked up all my time 😂 And there is literally one in every language- Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali. Just too much 🤣

And in a way I sometimes feel maybe the Tamil version is really spoiling Pandya Stores for me. The  OG is crazily positive- I mean imagine about seeing 200-300 episodes of a positive logic serial. I was flabbergasted 😱 Believe me, some Tamil serials can give Hindi shows a run for their money in terms of ridiculous plot lines. 

After seeing the current Pandya stores, I keep going back to the OG to see how it should have been. It actually gives me an appreciation of the other characters... even the negative ones 🤣

I fear seeing any other versions(I could see Telugu and Kannada without subtitles) would just make it worse. I am already just barely holding on and trying to get through Hindi episodes.

Shivanii12 thumbnail

No have not seen any other version. Seeing both these version has already sucked up all my time 😂 And there is literally one in every language- Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali. Just too much 🤣

And in a way I sometimes feel maybe the Tamil version is really spoiling Pandya Stores for me. The  OG is crazily positive- I mean imagine about seeing 200-300 episodes of a positive logic serial. I was flabbergasted 😱 Believe me, some Tamil serials can give Hindi shows a run for their money in terms of ridiculous plot lines. 

After seeing the current Pandya stores, I keep going back to the OG to see how it should have been. It actually gives me an appreciation of the other characters... even the negative ones 🤣

I fear seeing any other versions(I could see Telugu and Kannada without subtitles) would just make it worse. I am already just barely holding on and trying to get through Hindi episodes.

Telugu version is really toxic. In tht rishitas character is still negative. 

I've seen all south Indian versions except kannada. And I feel Malayalam is the most positive among all. By positive  I'm just meaning there's less negativity. They are literally copying everything of Tamil and cutting off those small negatives Tamil had.

Just that they have made meenas dads character and mullais moms character more negative compared to Tamil. 

Joppa thumbnail

Yes after the booth track I was like is it really a remake of pandian store which is positive and real. Really I was excited to watch remake of my first favourite serial. And I was really excited to watch kathir mullai love story in another version. But I know none can match Kathir mullai so I expect a different approach for Shivi. But the main thing in original version is its positivity which is lacking in pandya store. They have made every character an extreme eg Anita and Mami. The original version made my expectations high which pandya store is not able to give but I understand that due to lockdown they have to change shooting Spot which is affecting the storyline

Joppa thumbnail

You have articulated  well  about KM and shivi. I always wanted to answer well when someone asks about original version but I was very poor in penning down my thoughts.