Frequent Posters

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: NESRIA

🥳congtras on the new prof pic

I loved shy pallu â˜şď¸

Cant wait to the hospital drama đŸ˜†

Thank you, Sister.

It's the logo from my website and I thought I'd use it here :-)

Avneel07 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This was amazing chapter. Loved it

BlueJayFire thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

Thank you, Sister. Are you familiar with Hyderabad?

Yep, am a Hyderabadi ..Love for Biryanis..

JalebiJane thumbnail

EPISODE 25

“Annayya!” Kirti flew down the hospital corridor and threw herself into Raghav’s arms. She began to sob forlornly.

His own eyes responded with tears. 

In his arms was a woman but she seemed just like the five-year-old child whom he had been forcibly separated from fifteen years ago. The child whom he had doted upon. The child whose amusement he had devoted hours to. The child whom everyone declared he had thoroughly spoiled. Nothing could be denied to Kirti if Raghav was present, his parents had said—not without some pride.

And though it might be wrong, Sisters, to be grateful for such a crisis—was there not some blessing in it too? For it caused Kirti to revert to the one person whom she had most depended upon in her childhood—and to realize she could depend on him still. If this crisis could teach her anything, it was that this estrangement imposed upon their family by Amma’s stubborn anger was needlessly punitive on them all.

And perhaps this sentiment crossed Raghav’s mind too, as he threw his head back, shut his eyes, and hushed her until her sobs ceased. 

Farhad led them into an empty room. The surgeon appeared immediately.

He informed Raghav that as soon as they were assured of the necessary stock of Amma’s rare blood type, she would be wheeled into the operating theatre to have her broken hip set.

What had happened?

Kirti explained they had been getting ready to come to the hospital this morning for Amma’s dialysis appointment. Kirti had been having her breakfast; Amma had gone upstairs to the bathroom where she must have fallen and lost consciousness. Almost twenty minutes had passed before Kirti grew curious why Amma was taking so long. 

Kirti found Amma on the floor—! 

This frightening recollection made Kirti burst into tears once again. Raghav indicated to Farhad with his eyes to remove Kirti so that he might speak to the surgeon candidly without upsetting her. Once she was out of the room, Raghav asked the question foremost on his mind.

“I understand she has a broken hip—but is she in any other danger?” Raghav asked.

The surgeon said, “I will not pretend her pre-existing conditions cannot have a negative impact on the operating table. However, I will know more about her when her nephrologist Dr Suman arrives. At the moment, I am focused on ensuring we have adequate blood supply before we go into the theatre.”

Raghav came to his feet and asked, “And what is being done about that? What can I do?”

“All that can be done from our end is being done—however, if you know of anyone with blood group AB Negative, I suggest you bring them to the  hospital immediately.”

There was a knock on the door and Dr Suman entered. 

Raghav had met her previously. Kirti and Amma were not aware of the fact that Dr Suman had kept Raghav informed of Amma’s health since she began dialysis. She was aware that family relations were strained and despite that—or perhaps because of that—she had never hesitated to take Raghav’s calls. 

She greeted Raghav, and said, "I've just been to see your mother—”

"— How is she?” Raghav asked.

“We’ve made her as comfortable as possible. They are preparing her for the surgery.”

Raghav wanted to know whether her fall was related to her kidney problems.

She said, “As we have discussed previously, Mr Rao, dialysis takes a toll on the body. What concerns me more is that your mother may have had dizzy spells before and failed to mention them.”

“That is highly likely,” Raghav sighed. “Once this is behind us, I would like to again discuss alternatives. Transplant. And that experimental surgery you mentioned to me last year.”

“We can absolutely do that. But I think it is time that you as a family sit down and discuss how her condition will be managed going forward. Kirti is a responsible young woman. She accompanies her mother for each treatment. The nutritionist tells me she monitors your mother's diet closely—yet—”

“Yet—Kirti’s taking on more than is fair.” Raghav completed, raking a rough hand through his hair.

“Exactly,” Dr Suman agreed. “I don't like to interfere in family matters but I hope you use this crisis as an opportunity to get your mother under your roof. I know she has refused in the past—but maybe this time?”

“Don’t worry, Doctor,” Raghav assured him, “I’m going to do precisely that. And I think this time Kirti will support my side. The shock of seeing Amma sprawled unconscious on the bathroom floor like that—it has clearly impacted her. And, frankly, I intend to leverage that fear.”

Pallavi was asking the nurse for directions to Mrs Ajit’s room when she spotted Kirti. She called out.

Kirti didn’t hear her.

Pallavi ran down the corridor, and came to a stop before the girl.

“Didi?! How—” Kirti began.

Pallavi waved her words aside, “—I’m AB Negative.” This came out in a breathless gasp. She looked almost wild. All aglow from her race across the city, her face was damp from the exertion. 

“You’re AB Negative?” Kirti turned her head to speak. “Annayyu? Did you hear that?”

Only then Pallavi noticed Raghav and Farhad in the doorway.

Raghav asked, his tone plaintive, “You’ll provide blood?”

She met his eyes and found she could not speak. She overcome by the sight of him. Perhaps because he was so emotionally vulnerable in this moment, Sisters, she felt for him—as she had never before felt for anyone.

Kirti—not aware that they knew each other—made quick introductions.

It was awkward to pretend they were meeting for the first time—when just hours ago they had sat side by side on the swing in the back garden. She was grateful when Farhad suggested she come with him to find the nurse.

Pallavi allowed herself to be separated, but as Farhad led her away, she stole a look back and met Raghav’s eyes. 

His eyes were on her. And in them she saw a gleam she would never forget. 

In the coming months, she would recollect this moment—and on the strength of it, she would do and say things she once believed herself incapable of.

Edited by JalebiJane - 2 years ago
JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlueJayFire

Yep, am a Hyderabadi ..Love for Biryanis..

This is wonderful, Sister. Please never hesitate to jump in and make suggestions/corrections when you see me going wrong with local flavour.

When C-19 is over and it is possible to travel comfortably again, I've going to visit Hyderabad. I've promised myself a stay at Falaknuma Palace ;-) 

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

So read the previous part & was really waiting for the next part to see how it goes! 

Ohh!! How I love that Raghav knows that it's Pallavi who's gonna help provide the necessary blood  . The fact that Pallavi felt for Raghav, how vulnerable he might have been on the inside  .

I love how you established Kirti & Raghav's relationship here. How she was pampered when little by her Annaya!! â¤ď¸

So RR plans to use this situation to leverage Amma & Kirti to move to his home. Good, I would want them to enter Falaknuma on their own but let's see how it goes from here. 

Apukar thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Why do I blush whenever I read about RaghVi in your story LOL đŸ¤Łâ˜şď¸ Raghav is Raghav, in the middle of this situation he is planning to use it to bring back his mother and sister â¤ď¸ Pallavi- A helpful soul, barely knowing someone came to help. Will wait for what happens next!

Stay safe and take care 💞

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Wow ..yes u do revert to the person u trust the most when u are in trouble ..even I trust my bro 🙈 most and probably only person who can handle me when I am anxious or upset best

When a person helps at u r worst ..u know that they value u ..

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Such beautiful chapters! Appreciate you for humanizing all of the past events from reel and showcasing them so impeccably with your twist in the story. Enjoying this journey 💫

ReemShah thumbnail
Most Comments (June 2021) 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

"Pallavi allowed herself to be separated, but as Farhad led her away, she stole a look back and met Raghav’s eyes. 

His eyes were on her."

This line right here- looked coming straight out of a movie. That eye lock and the awkward introduction- this RaghVi here always manages to steal my heart. Their interactions and Raghav asking- "You'll provide blood" and Pallavi rushing to the hospital and the condition in which she reached there was described so perfectly.

I loved how Kirti relied upon her Annaya and how she sobbed out infront of him and how Raghav stood as a support pillar for his family.

Good thing, Pallavi is not a mahanatma here who would anonymously give blood..good thing everyone knows she is the donor.

Raghav using Kirti's fear as a leverage for their Amma to shift into their house. It's done in a good intention--I hope this is not taken in a bad way.

and Maya, you are a flawless writer.