Allyson thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Gurveen

Fantastic update 

Finally pakhi realized that she was helping wrong people

Please update soon 

Thank you for reading and commenting!

I really hope Pakhi gets the realization soon in the show. 

Allyson thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhipyaarhua

Hey, I am so sorry for not commenting on the earlier update. I meant to but somehow it slipped out of my mind. 

Pakhi has come a long way already. I liked how she finally called herself Mrs Salunkhe. The conversation with Samrat and how beautifully you described how she felt his presence was just out of the world. 

Pakhi making amends and genuine attempts to improve the situation in the house is an important part of her growth. It is ridiculous that ITV thinks it is cool to pit two strong, educated and ambitious women against each other over a man. This is the Pakhi who makes sense to me. Thank you for writing this story. Pakhi deserves this story and this growth arc. 

I am excited about the cliffhanger. I have a feeling that she could be texting Virat as she needs to close that door too. Ummm, let's see. 

Keep writing 💕🌼

You leave me speechless with how sweetly you speak of this work. Thank you again for you continued support. 

And I agree, I wish in 2021 they would show progressive women and not same old kitchen politics that we all grew up with. 

Shhhh.... she is most definitely texting Virat (can't hurt to say this now since the next update is coming soon). 

Thanks once again for reading and commenting!

Allyson thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manisha110

Loved it, but pls bring samrat back!! 

Soon! Patience is a virtue!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

Allyson thumbnail

Originally posted by: AK_2010

Damn! 

I read it all in a go and you have no idea how absolutely stunning this concept is! I came on this forum after months and to find this is an absolute bliss! 

Thank you for this wonderful story! I actually see more potential in Pakhi-Samrat than what I see in Sai-Virat after reading this 😂😂

Thank you for stopping by and commenting! I am glad to have you on board.

I generally see more potential in Pakhi's story. I find Sai and Virat very run of the mill. They are like every other TV couple out there. 

Allyson thumbnail

Originally posted by: chavi12345

Awsome ff just read all the part. Good going hipe same happens in show. They dont follow other version. It would be good to watch

Thank you for joining me for this journey. And thanks for your wonderful feedback.

Allyson thumbnail

Originally posted by: sairat07

Heyy writer!!

Ur take on this topic is awesome... I just read all of them in a go and was amazed!!

I wondered how could one write this much beautifully about a character which is just shown as a negative one...But I must say u have done it to well

Pakhi also has some miseries ,also some expectations, some sort of happiness but in front of destiny no one is to fight and u r doing it too good!!!

Eagerly looking what's there in store for her...Continue soon...This ff has all my heart...!!

Happy writing❤

Thank you for coming along for the ride!

Thanks for your sweet words. I just find Pakhi interesting and wanted to give her a redemption ark. Everyone deserves happiness, you know?

Allyson thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssoujanya

Wow....Wow.....Awesome....marvellous.....👌👏

Intresting.......loved it......

Read all the chapters in a go.....

I always feel that pakhi is a complex charector with so many layers....... her charector has lot more to explore..... pakh's charector introduced which was introduced in the start is very nice, outgoing and very Intresting.... but now the charector has stooped very low.... but it has redemption if properly taken care of..... she along with samrat can become the parallel leads....

Her love story with samrat would be more intense if explored carefully......

Looking forward to read the story....... very very excited.....

Eagerly waiting for next update.... please update really soon.....

Thanks for coming along for this ride. 

You're right, initially they showed Pakhi to be a normal, levelheaded adult just living her best life. They've turned her into a mess who doesn't know which way she's going. 

I also agree that her and Samrat's story could be a lot more interesting is conveyed right. I hope they do it justice. 

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Allyson thumbnail

Hello friends!

I'm so sorry for the delay. This one was a doozy to write, and the words refused to come to me. I appreciate your patience. I'm so happy to see how many friends we have gathered on this journey. You are all so supportive and amazing. 

Part 7

Pakhi played with the end of her saree nervously. She was pacing the terrace and waiting for 9 PM. It was their mutually agreed meeting time and place.

She could feel the prick of tears at the back of her eyes. What was she about to do? This was crazy!

Part of her wanted to just let things be the way they were. Another part of her was tired of having her feet so unsteady, and having her fingers in so many pies. This needed to stop. Especially for her own sanity. 

“Pakhi.” 

She turned and saw him watching her, pained expression on his face, still wearing his uniform. 

“Virat.”

They stared at each other for a while. 

Pakhi had seen a future with him. She had seen a beautiful dream where they lived happily ever after. Those hands had held her, those arms had protected her, that voice has whispered her name. 

Virat must have noticed the tears and he took a step closer. “Are you okay Pakhi?”

She turned her back to him and took a few moments to compose herself. She had made a decision and she intended to follow through. Pakhi turned back to Virat. “You made a promise to me before my wedding. I want you to forget all about it.”

Whatever he was expecting her to say, this certainly wasn’t it. He simply stared at her. “What do you mean?” He asked finally. 

“I want you to forget the promise you made to me Virat. As simple as that.”

Virat’s perplexity quickly turned to irritation. “As simple as that? Don’t be ridiculous Pakhi. I made you a promise and I intend to keep it. We made a deal, remember? You marry Samrat and I don’t give your place in my heart to anyone.” Virat’s tone turned angry, “If you step away from this, then what of Samrat? Is this about Sai? You don’t have to worry about her. We have an arrangement.”

Pakhi cut off Virat’s tirade. “This isn’t about Samrat or Sai, Virat. This is about you and I, and the dance that we do around each other.” Pakhi heard herself choke up, tears sliding down her cheeks. “I can’t take it anymore. It needs to stop.”

Virat’s expression turned tender as he took another step closer. Pakhi held her up her hand to keep him at bay and stop him from coming closer. 

Pakhi took a few shallow breaths and continued. “If we ever want happiness in life Virat then we have to let each other go and move on. Your promise keeps us tied together. At the time it was your way of making sure I didn’t walk away from this marriage and break your brother’s heart. I am Samrat’s wife now and I don’t intend to walk away. I don’t need your promise to hold me in place.” Pakhi wiped away her tears. The mention of Samrat’s name quickly reminded her why she was doing this. “You also have someone in your life now Virat and your promise to me keeps her swinging in midair.”

Virat suddenly met her eyes, a look of guilt crossing his face. “Things between Sai and I are… complicated,” he explained.

“I know,” Pakhi affirmed, “But you stepping away from this commitment to me might be a big first step in uncomplicating them.”

Virat turned away from her, choosing to gaze at the crescent moon. “It’s not that simple Pakhi. You have this place in my heart… in my mind.” He turned back, his tone turning accusatory again. “You want me to - what - just cross you out and replace you with Sai?”

Pakhi felt her irritation mounting. “Isn’t that what you expected of me Virat? When you wanted me to marry your brother?” Her own tone was equally as accusatory. “You put an impossible choice in front of me. I either lost you forever, or I chose Samrat and got to have you in my life as a friend.”

He had the decency of looking guilty again. “I’m sorry Pakhi. It’s the only thing that made sense at the time. I couldn’t hurt Jeeva. He means everything to me. I see now that I just made a mess of things.”

“We both made a mess Virat, so we need to untangle it. I am not asking you to replace me with Sai. I think we both have too special a place with each other to do that to each other. What I am asking to to not shut Sai out and hold her at arms length like you do, because you made a promise to me. I am just asking you to disregard that promise and let Sai in. She might make a different place in your heart. A place that might eventually grow bigger and lead to more.” Pakhi felt tears prick her eyes as she said this. This is crazy! “I refuse to be the barrier that keeps you two apart, and please stop using me as such.”

She could see Virat’s eyes misting over as well. He was visibly making an effort to not refute her. Finally, he gave her a single nod. 

--

The following day, Pakhi feigned illness and spent the day in her room. She didn’t feel like interacting with anyone and wanted to wallow by herself. 

Part of her felt absolutely miserable and heartbroken. While she knew that this is what had to be done, and had been preparing for this conversation with Virat since her return From Tirupati a week and a half ago, it didn’t make things any easier. She knew this was the right step. She knew this would eventually bring her peace. She knew this might lead to Virat finally being happy. But it felt like her heart was ripping to pieces. 

Another part of her however felt weightless and free. She had been harbouring a lot of weight and guilt on her shoulders and she felt strangely free from all…. most of it. 

Pakhi sat with her arms around her legs, hugging her knees to her chest. She was staring up at her and Samrat’s wedding picture. He looked so happy and she could barely muster a smile. For months she had avoided looking at this photo, but recently she couldn’t keep her eyes off of it. 

She had to stop thinking about him. She was going to drive herself crazy. 

She looked at the phone sitting beside her. Before her trip texting him had felt like a shot in the dark. It was basically like writing a dairy. Now that she knew he read her messages texting him felt so….. intimate. 

Pakhi rested her forehead on her knees. What is wrong with me? On one hand she was heartbroken over she and Virat moving on from one another. On the other hand, she couldn’t get Samrat out of her mind.  

What. A. Mess.

--

Pakhi’s eyes opened. It was dark in her room. It was probably the middle of the night. Something had woken her up. She held her breath and tried to discern if she could hear anything. The room was silent other than the ticking of the wall clock, however she had the distinct feeling that she wasn’t alone. 

Heart thumping Pakhi decided to call out to the person she suspected was there. “Samrat?” She whispered. 

After a moment of silence she heard a whispered reply, “Patralekha.”

Pakhi’s breath stuttered for a moment. She had suspected, but the confirmation gave her an entirely different feeling. She sat up and turned on the bedside lamp. The room was suddenly bathed in a soft yellow glow. 

Samrat stood at the foot of the bed, clearly having entered from the balcony. It looked like he was en route to the closet. 

“Samrat, aap yahan? Sab theek hai naa?” She whispered, worried. 

“Sab theek hai.” He assured. “How do you always know when I enter the room?” he asked curiously. 

Pakhi shrugged. “I’m a light sleeper and I’m sensitive to changes in the air. How do you know I’m awake?” She enquired back. 

“Your breathing changes. You’re a heavy breather when you sleep.”

For some reason this observation caught her breath. She hadn’t realized that he noticed things about her. She thought it was just her. 

Now that the room was illuminated, Samrat seemed to be taking in a moment to reacclimatize himself to the space. Pakhi realized with a start that this was his room, and that she had made herself quite comfortable here. Her things were everywhere. She hadn’t even given any thought to his likes or dislikes and moved some furniture and decor pieces. 

While Samrat’s attention was elsewhere, Pakhi noticed that he was dressed similarly to how he was in the forest. She realized that she was dressed only in a thin nightdress. She flushed and pulled the blanket closer around her body. The rustling of the bedding brought Samrat’s attention back to her. 

“It’s good you’re awake. I wasn’t looking forward to searching through your things. Where do you keep the bag you brought to Tirupati with you?” Samrat asked.

Pakhi frowned at Samrat’s question. Why did he always say the most befuddling things? “It’s on the third shelf in the closet. Why?”

Instead of answering, Samrat retrieved the bag, searched through it, and pulled out an innocuous looking black item, no larger than an almond. “My team put in this listening device while I was interrogating you. We also downloaded a file to your phone so we would be able to track you. There’s no need for these measures now. I can show you how to delete it.”

Pakhi’s insides froze. She was being tracked? She had been bugged? 

Samrat must have noticed her expression. “I’m sorry about this. We had to be sure.”

Pakhi couldn’t help the bitter taste in her mouth. Something about this situation was very hurtful for her. She held out her phone to Samrat. “Am I trustworthy now?”

Samrat’s spine stiffened at her tone. She suddenly felt she had crossed a boundary. 

“I have always trusted you Patralekha,” he stated seriously. “It wasn’t your integrity in question here, but mine.” He took her phone from her, pressed the screen a few times, and handed it back to her. “My position is within military intelligence. We had a mole in our team and no one was beyond suspicion. We had to account for all movements and communication. All our spouses were under surveillance. Even before we bugged you, someone was keeping occasional eye on our house.” 

Pakhi felt guilty for overreacting. She should have reminded herself that this isn’t about her and she shouldn’t have personalized it. 

“I’m sorry Samrat.” She whispered, contrite. 

Samrat’s posture softened, immediately making him less intimidating. “It’s understandable. You are a civilian and you’ve been put under the scanner for simply being my wife.”

Pakhi’s stomach tumbled strangely to hear him refer to her as his wife. Something changed in his expression as well. They held each other’s gaze silently. 

Finally Samrat broke their stare and checked his wristwatch. “I should go.”

But Pakhi couldn’t let him leave. She couldn’t allow those ominous last words to hang between them or she would go mad. “Samrat, wait.” She scrambled out of bad and took a few steps closer to him. “We have to talk.” He turned to her, his expression curious. “About what you said before you left….”

Samrat’s face turned blank and he interrupted her, “There’s nothing to talk about.”

Pakhi’s insides turned in guilt. He knows! “But..”

He cut her off again, “But nothing. I have to go. Remember, this meeting stays between us.”

With that, Samrat exited onto the balcony and melted into the darkness. 

Pakhi sat heavily on the bed, miserable once again. 

Thoughts?

-Ally

Edited by Allyson - 3 years ago
fkhr30 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Get these 2 to talk 

Manisha110 thumbnail

Thanks for the update. Loved it 😊