Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuttingChai thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

"Janhvi has shown great improvement from her first film to Gunjan ..."

Lol from first to second? Isse achcha toh Alia ka naam le leti.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

This is just sucking up.

Also, part of Jhanvi's problem is she doesn't simply get good scripts; she gets good scripts with costars who can act. Ishan was okayish, but Pankaj and Rajkumar? Her faults were glaring. 

OTOH, they elevate those films so they have a chance of being appreciated. 

Plus, Jhanvi also gets a chance to learn from them.

I think she learned this tactic from Sonam. Choosing good co-stars like Rajkummar Rao, Dulquer Salmaan, Fawad Khan etc,  but all the while making sure that the movie revolves all around her character. But Sonam produces most of these movies. I don't know how Jhanvi exerts that much clout without being involved in production.

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

So good tactics, I suppose. At least, she's going out there to do the hustling instead of merely making calls to father/godfather.

I have no problem with Jhanvi using whatever advantages she has. But I don't see her asking Dinesh Vijan for the role as any major hustling on her part. It's not as if he'll risk rudely brushing off  one of KJo's protegees or ignore her calls or anything. At the maximum he'd politely decline. So no major losing face or risk taking from Jhanvi's end.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

πŸ˜‚ way to suck up, Tripti. πŸ‘ πŸ˜› If nothing else, this should get you a role or two. Boney Kapoor and that entire nepo crowd will definitely throw you a bone or two now. πŸ˜‚

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 3 years ago